Conquer Club

You know what really grinds my gears...

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: You know what really grinds my gears...

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:46 am

Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:The 300 lb. person who orders the double quarterpounder with cheese meal, with a DIET Coke. :-k

Since a single regular soda gives far more calories than you shoud consume in a day, by itself

Gonna have to call bullshit on this one.

Well, maybe a slight exaggeration to say it gave you more calories than you should consume in a day. Should have said "a meal".
A regular soda nowadays runs around 40 oz. That equals around 450 calories. A quarter pounder offers 537 calories. So, ordering a diet soda does significantly cut the calorie count. Still, if you order one of the extra-larges, then the calorie count can be over 1,000.. more than a lot of people should consume.

However, note that I was not endorsing the idea, just saying it wasn't quite as stupid as it sometimes is made out to be. The real problem is that diet soda itself has "issues".. but that is a whole other topic.

Woodruff wrote: You drinking those "regular 90 oz" sodas, PLAYER?

As for me, we almost never go to fast "food" places. On the rare occasions when we do, I don't worry about it. I, the kids, have a very healthy diet over 99% of the time. Getting too ape about it has a "rebound" effect on kids. Better to let them have the occasional treat, just in moderation. I just don't pretend it is anything but a treat/rare convenience.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:09 am

People so busy talking and smoking, they don't even notice the embers falling on their own infant until he lets out a scream!
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby jay_a2j on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:59 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:The 300 lb. person who orders the double quarterpounder with cheese meal, with a DIET Coke. :-k

Since a single regular soda gives far more calories than you shoud consume in a day, by itself, it actually makes some sense. Of course, getting a salad or even making their own burger at home would be more sensible yet...

A double quarterpounder with cheese and fries has more calories than you "should consume in one day"! If you are ordering this crap, don't "pretend" that you are on a diet by ordering the diet soda. You might as well indulge yourself with the reg. soda at least that way you won't be consuming appertain.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby edwinissweet on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:51 pm

you could be on a diet and allowing yourself a treat.. but the diet coke is amusing.

Staying on the weight gear grinders. I would have to say skinny people that say they are TOTALLY fat for attention
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:52 pm

daddy1gringo wrote:Drivers who are in a real big hurry to make sure they get and stay in front of me, then suddenly are not in a hurry anymore. I try to pass them when it is safe, but I don't tailgate them.

Also tailgaters. You are willing to risk my life and yours because you don't know how long it takes for a 5,000 lb vehicle to stop, and because you think you are James Bond with the reflexes of Spiderman, and you think I'm going to speed like you because you pressure me. Ha! I slow down to a crawl when I am being tailgated. (until it is safe for passing, then I slide to the right and let them go tailgate somebody else. As Dave Barry says, "'teaching someone a lesson' doesn't work. But it feeeeels so good.

just kick the brake pedal real quick and watch them panic behind you. if you get hit, you have a great chance of making a profit, and also the possibility of getting a new car.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:53 pm

-Non-Americans who say that Americans are just fat, stereotyping idiots
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:56 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

Since a single regular soda gives far more calories than you shoud consume in a day, by itself, it actually makes some sense. Of course, getting a salad or even making their own burger at home would be more sensible yet...

A double quarterpounder with cheese and fries has more calories than you "should consume in one day"! If you are ordering this crap, don't "pretend" that you are on a diet by ordering the diet soda. You might as well indulge yourself with the reg. soda at least that way you won't be consuming appertain.

I agree, its just that some people cannot go full force. If they are doing this and pretending they are "dieting"... then they have a pretty big problem!

Me, on the rare occasions I visit these places, I go for the whole deal. I don't "diet", I just eat properly 99% of the time.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Pedronicus on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:08 pm

Army of GOD wrote:-Non-Americans who say that Americans are just fat, stereotyping idiots

STFU you fat yank prick
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:04 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

Since a single regular soda gives far more calories than you shoud consume in a day, by itself

Well, maybe a slight exaggeration to say it gave you more calories than you should consume in a day. Should have said "a meal".
A regular soda nowadays runs around 40 oz.

What the hell? Where do you buy your sodas? There is nowhere I'm aware of where a "regular" soda would be around 40 oz.

As for me, we almost never go to fast "food" places. On the rare occasions when we do, I don't worry about it. I, the kids, have a very healthy diet over 99% of the time. Getting too ape about it has a "rebound" effect on kids. Better to let them have the occasional treat, just in moderation. I just don't pretend it is anything but a treat/rare convenience.[/quote]

I agree. Except I don't have kids any more so I go to fast food all the damn time. I am a metabolic genius.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:05 pm

Army of GOD wrote:-Non-Americans who say that Americans are just fat, stereotyping idiots

But most Americans ARE fat stereotyping idiots. I'm an American...I'm not fat, but I just stereotyped!
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:13 pm

Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

What the hell? Where do you buy your sodas? There is nowhere I'm aware of where a "regular" soda would be around 40 oz.

According to wikki answers, the McDonald's large is 42 ounces.
Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

As for me, we almost never go to fast "food" places. On the rare occasions when we do, I don't worry about it. I, the kids, have a very healthy diet over 99% of the time. Getting too ape about it has a "rebound" effect on kids. Better to let them have the occasional treat, just in moderation. I just don't pretend it is anything but a treat/rare convenience.

I agree. Except I don't have kids any more so I go to fast food all the damn time. I am a metabolic genius.

lol.... if you keep active, you can burn almost any number of calories. Nutrition, however.... ;) ;)
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:27 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:Since a single regular soda gives far more calories than you shoud consume in a day, by itself

There's a reason it's called "large" and not "regular", you do realize. If you get a "value meal", you don't get a large drink unless you upsize it...ergo, the large is not "regular".

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

lol.... if you keep active, you can burn almost any number of calories. Nutrition, however.... ;) ;)

I seem to have "the magic metabolism", so the calories isn't a problem. But yes, the nutrition indeed...

Postby jimboston on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:36 pm

Pedronicus wrote:

STFU you fat yank prick

People who don't get sarcasm on message boards.

-and-

People who throw around insulting steretypes and then later pretend they were being sarcastic, when they really meant every word.

;)
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:38 pm

-People who think I'm bad at basketball because I'm below-average height. Though I don't mind being under-estimated.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:46 pm

Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:What the hell? Where do you buy your sodas? There is nowhere I'm aware of where a "regular" soda would be around 40 oz.

There's a reason it's called "large" and not "regular", you do realize. If you get a "value meal", you don't get a large drink unless you upsize it...ergo, the large is not "regular".

Maybe where you are. Here, they give you a large unless you ask for a "small" (which is what used to be a medium or regular) ... then you can get an EXTRA large, for an added amount. (and they will nicely "upsize" your entire meal for about the same as the difference in just a soda).

Anyway... I think we are grinding a few gears by going on about this, so...
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby jay_a2j on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:52 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote: I don't "diet", I just eat properly 99% of the time.

I eat properly 1% of the time. :D
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby tdans on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:04 am

what really grinds my gears is people who dont give a **** about anything, after you give them everything and they snub ya o ff.. screwd up/./
Lieutenant tdans

Postby Caymanmew on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:18 am

but they are :?
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby InkL0sed on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:44 am

jay_a2j wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote: I don't "diet", I just eat properly 99% of the time.

I eat properly 1% of the time. :D

I eat properly potato percent of the time :mrgreen:
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:56 am

"eat properly"

I don't know the meaning of those words!
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:56 am

People who suck dick to get rank(promotions, salary raises, whatever makes them a step above you.)

People who are just straight douche bags (IE - Can't have a normal conversation without making themselves look like complete ass's)

People in general.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:41 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:People who suck dick to get rank(promotions, salary raises, whatever makes them a step above you.)

This.

And then they think they're all hot shit because they're in a higher position, and they try to boss you around, but they have a cock in their mouth so you can't really hear what they're saying (not that you would listen to it anyway).
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby edwinissweet on Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:15 pm

idk.. in my experience dick suckers bring the world pleasure
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby Timminz on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:57 pm

edwinissweet wrote:idk.. in my experience dick suckers bring the world pleasure

So do people who bribe people.
Captain Timminz

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:54 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:People who suck dick to get rank(promotions, salary raises, whatever makes them a step above you.)

This.

And then they think they're all hot shit because they're in a higher position, and they try to boss you around, but they have a cock in their mouth so you can't really hear what they're saying (not that you would listen to it anyway).

Exactly! Ha!
Only I tell 'em to f*ck off. :mrgreen:
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,