Conquer Club

Dear LeBron James

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: I hate you so much LeBron James

Postby Incandenza on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:53 am

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree, bro. This would be a much better conversation over a pitcher of beer. As it stands, arguing about this stuff on the internet just leads to bad feelings, and I'm more often than not entertained by your posts. Tell ya what, should the Lakers and Heat meet in the Finals next year, we can resume this, but until then, let's just enjoy the sight of what will certainly be one of the most entertaining teams in years to appear in the NBA firmament. Cheers, mate.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:55 am

Haha deal.

Fucker! I HATE YOU! YOU'RE NOT MY REAL FATHER! =(
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Incandenza on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:14 am

:lol:

Colonel Incandenza

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:24 am

Army of GOD wrote:
Incandenza wrote:Here's a handy chart for you to consult:
Bynum > whoever the heat trot out there
Gasol = Bosh
Artest <<<<< Lebron
Kobe < Wade
Fisher/Blake > Chalmers
LA bench > Miami bench
Jackson = Riley

Fixed (with a less biased point of view).

Say what the hell? Oh my God, no. I've got no dog in this fight, but as good as Wade is, Kobe is a bit better. And Gasol is light years ahead of Bosh, though Bosh makes it closer when he actually shows up to play instead of going through the motions. Riley used to be a great coach...not so much anymore really. I certainly do agree with your change regarding Artest, even given Artest's great defensive strength.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby jaimito101 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:33 am

the heat only have 4 players on their roster... give them time before you make your mind. the supporting cast will make or break the heat's championship this year.

but then again... which players wouldn't want to play with these 3 for the championship?!

Colonel jaimito101

Postby Incandenza on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:43 am

jaimito101 wrote:but then again... which players wouldn't want to play with these 3 for the championship?!

Players that want to make as much money as possible before the lockout. Obviously Shaq has already made enough money, but it's not like he can play 40 minutes a game at even a decent level.

Colonel Incandenza

Postby jaimito101 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:24 am

dammn lots of sour grapes from Cavs majority owner Dan Gilbert in the aftermath of LeBron James announcing he plans to sign with the Miami Heat:

---

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight.

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision'' unlike anything ever "witnessed'' in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE''

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation'' to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one'' sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who'' we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse'' on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King'' will be taking the "curse'' with him down south. And until he does "right'' by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers
Colonel jaimito101

Postby jaimito101 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:27 am

Incandenza wrote:
jaimito101 wrote:but then again... which players wouldn't want to play with these 3 for the championship?!

Players that want to make as much money as possible before the lockout. Obviously Shaq has already made enough money, but it's not like he can play 40 minutes a game at even a decent level.

yeah got you, but those players who want to make money are also full of ego, the heat have ego enough at this point. Now they just need a hard working young player who can shoot some three's when he's open and a couple of veterans that are hunting for that elusive ring and will sign cheap.
Colonel jaimito101

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:34 am

jaimito101 wrote:the heat only have 4 players on their roster... give them time before you make your mind. the supporting cast will make or break the heat's championship this year.
but then again... which players wouldn't want to play with these 3 for the championship?!

Anyone that doesn't want to make close to the league minimum?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:36 am

jaimito101 wrote:dammn lots of sour grapes from Cavs majority owner Dan Gilbert

Yeah, that was pretty unprofessional. I can understand to a degree the feeling of betrayal, but you simply DO NOT go public like this with it. Those Cavalier fans who are REAL LeBron James fans (and you know there are plenty) are probably not very happy about that. All he did was make himself look bad, in my opinion.

Postby ViperOverLord on Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:59 am

Army of GOD wrote:Why the Hell was I holding my breath when you said what team you were going to?

The Raptors weren't even a choice!

But I think I can safely say that the Heat are my new favorite team because Bosh is with them now and he was my favorite player up until now!

GO HEAT!

So you're going to pretend you were a Raptors/Bosh fan to justify your bandwaggoning. :-$
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:35 am

ViperOverLord wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Why the Hell was I holding my breath when you said what team you were going to?

The Raptors weren't even a choice!

But I think I can safely say that the Heat are my new favorite team because Bosh is with them now and he was my favorite player up until now!

GO HEAT!

So you're going to pretend you were a Raptors/Bosh fan to justify your bandwaggoning. :-$

I WAS a Raptors/Bosh fan.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby nietzsche on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:12 pm

el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:57 pm

Incandenza wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:He's not a douche. He did exactly what any of us would've done. Cleavland had their chance, for 7 God damned years. The best player they ever got to compliment LeBron was get Shaq last year. Freaking morons...the fans shouldn't be mad at LeBron, they should be asking for the Cavs's GM's head (no clue who he is but he clearly doesn't know how to build a team around one of the best players ever).

I've always liked Wade, and Bosh being my favorite player on my now-tied-for-favorite team...they're guaranteed a championship.

It's not so much that he changed teams, tho that is a fanbase that's had more than its share of heartache.

It's that he made such a big production out of it: talking about it for years, doing a bunch of interviews right in the middle of the NBA Finals (a trick that people absolutely ripped A-Rod for when his agent pulled the same shit a few years ago), having NBA owners come kiss the ring in Cleveland, that appalling spectacle tonight (which was just wrong on so many levels that my brain's about to explode, but there's something just wrong about telling several million people to go f*ck themselves on national TV).

To recap, he fucked over his biggest fans, became the poster child for arrogant asshole athletes, alienated basketball fans like me that didn't even have a dog in the fight... and for what? The Heat's defense will be lousy, they'll have to get really lucky to get any halfway decent role players, it'll take awhile for lebron/wade/bosh to gel, all three will have to play huge minutes (I put the over/under on Wade's games played next season at 55), and their best-case scenario is getting murdered by the Lakers in the finals.

btw, if you haven't read Dan Gilbert's rant, it's a thing of beauty.

And I dunno when this turned into some kind of referendum on Kobe, but I find it funny that the only people that compare him to MJ are the people that do so to tear down Kobe. He's not MJ, he's Kobe, an entirely different sentient being that happens to work in the same profession. Sheesh.

Love you Inc, but I lol'd.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Re: Dear LeBron James

Postby oVo on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:03 am

All that stuff is mostly regurgitated ESPN poppycock. LeBron/Wade/Bosh is an awesome combo period, their first season together and they host the NBA Finals. While I agree all the press and other petty fluff was ridiculous when James announced he was seeking a new team. That's the NBA's fault as much as anyone's as all of basketball milked that cash cow bitch for every last bit of sensational publicity they could get. Cleveland had plenty of time with LeBron on their roster to make something happen. The Cavs made the playoffs but did little about the supporting cast for King James, as if he alone could take them all the way. Their ownership seemed content with the attendance records and improved revenue such a stellar athlete provides. The free agent star had dreams of his own and took matters into his own hands when the opportunity to pursue them appeared.

AoG wrote: ...they're guaranteed a championship.

There are no guarantees in the NBA beyond the signed contracts of it's owners.
Major oVo

Postby Hannibał on Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:36 pm

Sergeant Hannibał

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:33 am

Did LeBron choke or what?

After witnessing his poor performance over the past few games, can we boldly declare that LeBron really is not as AWESOME as so many people perceived him to be?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:42 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Did LeBron choke or what?

After witnessing his poor performance over the past few games, can we boldly declare that LeBron really is not as AWESOME as so many people perceived him to be?

He had a bad series. If you weren't such a redneck, you would've seen that he owned the Celtics and Bulls, ESPECIALLY in close out games.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby oVo on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:22 pm

LeBraun is awesome, unfortunately for him
the MAVs won all of their closeout games.
Major oVo

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:01 pm

When the pressure is on, LeBron can't perform. His overall performance in the final games versus the Mavs is clear evidence that LeBron is overrated.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby xeno on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:41 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote: LeBron is overrated.

i had that same that thought watching the entire series. im not going to hate on him because cleveland is a shithole but hopefully his loss will keep chris paul here in NO after seeing that the grass isnt always greener somewhere else and that a bunch of overrated superstars on the same team dont automatically equal a championship. HORNETS 2012 BABYYY
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:19 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:I'mma make you squeal like a piggy
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Hannibał on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:58 am

For being a shithole they sure dominated when James was there, a lot more so then any other team shitty or championship defending.

They choked in the end, because they relyed on the hill side strangler, the player formally known as the king. If cleveland had Wade during their run they would have won almost guarenteed.

Ahwell, the long used phrase "Atleast we beat the Steelers" works here "Atleast we beat the Heat". And "There's always next year"
Sergeant Hannibał

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:30 pm

Wade had a much better supporting cast than LeBron (including another HoFer in Shaq and Pat Riley who runs circles around Mike Brown)
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:53 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Wade had a much better supporting cast than LeBron (including another HoFer in Shaq and Pat Riley who runs circles around Mike Brown)

I agree. LeBron had an excellent film which provided some profound questions on society and the way we live.
Major BigBallinStalin

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,