Conquer Club

NPR Fires Juan Williams

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: NPR Fires Juan Williams

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:39 pm

Night Strike wrote:
But Christopher, the NPR spokeswoman, said Browning's analysis isn't reasonable.

"Forty percent of NPR's budget comes from station programming fees," she said. "As station budgets consist of some federal and state support, and stations in turn pay NPR, you could argue that a small – unquantifiable – percentage of that support filters indirectly to NPR."

"Quantifying that amount is imperfect, and impossible math," she said.
[/quote]
Much ado about nothing.

Of course Fox is attacking PBS funding, they are one source of credible information that refute's Fox.

And, Per your constant "this isn't how the government was supposed to work" argument, you might try looking back to the original debates on periodicals and newspapers. You will find that allowing the market to dictate was not a part of that model.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Re: NPR Fires Juan Williams

Postby tzor on Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:49 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:This was posted over 2 weeks ago, and is hardly the most vitriolic of posts, yet now you respond?

If you think that's bad, I just got a MOD WARNING for something I wrote two and a half weeks ago. (Given my current situation of not having access to the forum during work hours and my non work hour time devited to NaNoWriMo, this is even more bizzarly ironic.) I'm going back to writing my novel now.
Cadet tzor

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,