Conquer Club

Does anyone have Super Smash Bros Brawl or Xbox Live?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Does anyone have Super Smash Bros Brawl or Xbox Live?

Postby Master Chief on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:50 pm

Incandenza wrote:Ugh, never really got into Brawl, but I'm a fair hand at Kart and I've been getting better at Goldeneye.

I'll race you in kart. I won a tourney back in college.
Highest place: 11th in 2006
Highest score: 2866 in 2011
Highest rank: Colonel in 2006
Major Master Chief

Postby Master Chief on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:52 pm

Everyone should be warned, maasman is a beast at Brawl. He kicked my ass, made me mad, and kicked my ass some more. I was downright pissed by the end of the match and kept saying "1 more, then I'll prove I'm better!" but he was like "yeah, I've had enough with this piece of trash, I'm gonna call it a night". :(

I guess I need a little more practice... and patience.....
Major Master Chief

Postby ljex on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:24 am

Gilligan wrote:I LOVE Mario Kart, except it sucks with 2 players. We'd have to get a group for that one.

try making second place have to use their items as soon as they get them, makes the game more interesting and not just holding onto a good item till the very end.
Major ljex

Postby maasman on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:28 am

Master Chief wrote:Everyone should be warned, maasman is a beast at Brawl. He kicked my ass, made me mad, and kicked my ass some more. I was downright pissed by the end of the match and kept saying "1 more, then I'll prove I'm better!" but he was like "yeah, I've had enough with this piece of trash, I'm gonna call it a night". :(

I guess I need a little more practice... and patience.....

Oh come on, it was that bad was it :)
You're a good player, that much is obvious. It's just the little things got you, and some dumb deaths. I'm guessing the fact that you were angry got to you and caused most of your problems.
Colonel maasman

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:17 pm

I've been meaning to post in this thread, but hey, I've been banned for the last month.

1. Add me on Xbox: CommunistRapper
2. I wish I had a Wii, I love Brawl. I'm above average, but I can't hang with the really good players
3. I would absolutely crush you in Mario Kart.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby maasman on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:29 pm

Army of GOD wrote:I've been meaning to post in this thread, but hey, I've been banned for the last month.

2. I wish I had a Wii, I love Brawl. I'm above average, but I can't hang with the really good players

If it was double dash I could give you a run for your money.
Colonel maasman

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:49 pm

maasman wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:I've been meaning to post in this thread, but hey, I've been banned for the last month.

Haha probably because I've never played Double Dash. I'm the biggest Gamecube hater I know, and I barely played games on it.

I'm redonkulous at Wii Mario Kart though. I don't own a Wii, yet I'm better than all of my friends and a large majority of people online.

Also, I made a second account on my friends Wii and used it to try to get to 0 Mario Kart points. It's fucking hard.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Master Chief on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:08 pm

ljex wrote:
Gilligan wrote:I LOVE Mario Kart, except it sucks with 2 players. We'd have to get a group for that one.

try making second place have to use their items as soon as they get them, makes the game more interesting and not just holding onto a good item till the very end.

I don't think I've ever held on to an item till the end. I focus more on the driving than the items. Blue sparks all the way!
Major Master Chief

Postby Master Chief on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:12 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
maasman wrote:

Haha probably because I've never played Double Dash. I'm the biggest Gamecube hater I know, and I barely played games on it.

I'm redonkulous at Wii Mario Kart though. I don't own a Wii, yet I'm better than all of my friends and a large majority of people online.

Also, I made a second account on my friends Wii and used it to try to get to 0 Mario Kart points. It's fucking hard.

I'll add you next time I'm on live. If anyone wants to add me, my gamer tag is "Lt Sylar Gump"

I'm a beast at all 6 Mario Karts, I've owned them all. I think the only one I don't still have is the GBA one, and my sis has the SNES one somewhere in storage, but I still have the N64, Gamecube, DS, and Wii ones easily accessible. I prefer Double Dash to the Wii one, because there are less racers and less luck involved.
Major Master Chief

Postby maasman on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:15 pm

Master Chief wrote: I prefer Double Dash to the Wii one, because there are less racers and less luck involved.

Thats exactly why I like it more, also the fact that I don't own the wii version.
Colonel maasman

Postby Gilligan on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:18 pm

And there was no "Baby Daisy" "Dry Bowser" nonsense characters....
Captain Gilligan

Postby ljex on Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:33 pm

maasman wrote:
Master Chief wrote: I prefer Double Dash to the Wii one, because there are less racers and less luck involved.

Thats exactly why I like it more, also the fact that I don't own the wii version.

The best versions of both games are for N64 though :)

Still play them all the time at college.

I own all my friends at smash ever since commander62890 left. Its gotten so annoying to even play because its like a 3 vs 1 at times which sucks. I'm only the second best at Mario Cart in my group but me and the first best are really close to equal. There are about 4 people in my group of friends that can at least compete but everyone else i know will just come in 4th place basically every race they try. I guess that is what about 1 time through all the races every day does...
Major ljex

Postby Master Chief on Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:44 pm

maasman wrote:

Yeah, me too. And I'm pretty good at driving and switching racers to maximize item potential.
Major Master Chief

Postby Master Chief on Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:52 pm

ljex wrote:
maasman wrote:

I own all my friends at smash ever since commander62890 left. Its gotten so annoying to even play because its like a 3 vs 1 at times which sucks. I'm only the second best at Mario Cart in my group but me and the first best are really close to equal. There are about 4 people in my group of friends that can at least compete but everyone else i know will just come in 4th place basically every race they try. I guess that is what about 1 time through all the races every day does...

I haven't played either one in the longest time, but I remember I used to kick everyone's ass in N64 Mario *Kart. I especially was gifted at using the shortcuts in that Koopa Beach level (3rd map in the first cup) and Wario Stadium. On the latter, I would finish the race while everyone else was just starting their second lap. My biggest complaint with the N64 version, (aside from the occasional glitches), is that it seemed to run at a slightly faster clip than all the other ones. Especially at 150cc. Double Dash is still my favorite out of the 6.

I liked the DS version until everyone started "snaking", which is essentially continual blue spark boost in a S pattern, and all the fun was lost. They didn't even bother with items, they just snaked the whole way. If you had any hope of keeping up, you had to snake too, and it wasn't fun. One little mistake and you fall behind by half a lap.

Melee is probably still my favorite Smash game, although my biggest complaint (double characters like Dr. Mario and Mario, Pikachu and pichu, etc) was fixed in Brawl by changing their moves more like Falco (instead of stationary reflector, kick reflector). And I like all the music and new stages and characters. But Melee revolutionized it for me. The original N64 was just so limited and repetitive. I'd still play it, but only if I didn't have the other 2 available.
Major Master Chief

Postby maasman on Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:11 pm

Master Chief wrote:
Melee is probably still my favorite Smash game, although my biggest complaint (double characters like Dr. Mario and Mario, Pikachu and pichu, etc) was fixed in Brawl by changing their moves more like Falco (instead of stationary reflector, kick reflector). And I like all the music and new stages and characters. But Melee revolutionized it for me. The original N64 was just so limited and repetitive. I'd still play it, but only if I didn't have the other 2 available.

My one beef with brawl is that they slowed everything way down. Other than that, I think it is better than melee.
Colonel maasman

Postby Master Chief on Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:14 pm

maasman wrote:
Master Chief wrote:

My one beef with brawl is that they slowed everything way down. Other than that, I think it is better than melee.

Agreed.

Also wanted to post this somewhere. I'm trying to start a social group where we can talk about this with other members. Here's a link to the thread. Show your support!!!

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=444&t=133149&p=2915784#p2915784
Major Master Chief

Postby ljex on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:10 pm

Master Chief wrote:
ljex wrote:
maasman wrote:

I haven't played either one in the longest time, but I remember I used to kick everyone's ass in N64 Mario *Kart. I especially was gifted at using the shortcuts in that Koopa Beach level (3rd map in the first cup) and Wario Stadium. On the latter, I would finish the race while everyone else was just starting their second lap. My biggest complaint with the N64 version, (aside from the occasional glitches), is that it seemed to run at a slightly faster clip than all the other ones. Especially at 150cc. Double Dash is still my favorite out of the 6.

Me and my friends dont play wario anymore and if we do we play no shortcut because its just stupid and unskilled. Playing wario is all about who gets a lightning to make people stop at the jump.
Major ljex

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:08 am

The baby characters are my most hated characters in any game ever. Dry Bones is the coolest fucking guy in that game. However; Funky Kong on Wario's Bike is pretty God damn awesome too.

I like the Wii version because I played it, unlike Double Dash.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Master Chief on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:29 pm

Army of GOD wrote:The baby characters are my most hated characters in any game ever. Dry Bones is the coolest fucking guy in that game. However; Funky Kong on Wario's Bike is pretty God damn awesome too.

I like the Wii version because I played it, unlike Double Dash.

I still like DK junior from the original SNES version, before they had all these weird characters.
Major Master Chief

Postby john9blue on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:54 pm

yeah the gamecube versions of mario kart, paper mario, and smash bros are all the best in their series. aog just don't know nothin. he made a list of his favorite consoles somewhere which was pretty funny.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Master Chief on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:41 pm

john9blue wrote:yeah the gamecube versions of mario kart, paper mario, and smash bros are all the best in their series. aog just don't know nothin. he made a list of his favorite consoles somewhere which was pretty funny.

I'm a big fan of most things Nintendo, Mario (3 for NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube), Oldschool donkey kong country (3 SNES, N64, and new one on Wii I have yet to play), super mario RPG, Paper mario (all 3), Mario and Luigi (all 3, handheld only), Super Mario Galaxy (haven't played the 2nd), All of the Zelda games, (2 NES, SNES, 2 N64, 3 Gameboy, 3 Gamecube, Wii, 2 DS, 2 GBA), Metroid games (NES, SNES, 2 GBA, 2 Gamecube, 2 Wii), No More Heroes (2 Wii), Golden Sun (Joint effort of Camelot and Nintendo, 2 GBA and DS sequel soon), Mario Kart (SNES, GBA, N64, Gamecube, DS, Wii), Super Smash (N64, Gamecube, Wii), and a few others I'm probably forgetting right now. lol. Does anyone feel the way I do? :)
Major Master Chief

Postby maasman on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:32 am

The new donkey kong country is pretty fun from what little I played at a best buy kiosk imo.
Colonel maasman

Postby Master Chief on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:38 pm

maasman wrote:The new donkey kong country is pretty fun from what little I played at a best buy kiosk imo.

Yeah, GI gave it a 9.5, same with "Kirby's Epic Yarn", and I hear "Epic Mickey" is supposed to be very good as well.
Major Master Chief

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,