Conquer Club

US Military Action in Libya?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: US Military Action in Libya?

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:07 pm

Obama's friends slaughtered 300 peaceful protestors from the Muslim Bro'hood this afternoon. The total death toll in the Obama-backed military coup in Egypt is now higher than the Eisenhower-backed military coup in Iran. Business as usual for the Tyrants of Foggy Bottom.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/14/world/mea ... homepage-t
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:23 pm

No, it's because the Muslim Brotherhood won't peacefully seek a solution; therefore, it's their fault. General Sisi democratically installed a new, military-backed president to save Egypt from authoritarianism, so why blame him? He does it for democracy.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:53 pm

Poor Obama, the rats are starting to leave the ship ... how much longer before he pulls a Barack and starts firing Tomahawk missiles at children's hospitals in Cairo (while simultaneously lecturing President Assad about his proportional, justified and necessary police actions in Syria no doubt)?

Egypt's interim vice president, Mohamed ElBaradei, resigned on Wednesday after the security forces used force to crush protest camps of supporters of the deposed Islamist President Mohamed Mursi ...
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby mordigan on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:46 am

just leave them to it. you don't see people driving out into the forest to stop the stags fighting during mating season.
Private mordigan

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:50 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:No, it's because the Muslim Brotherhood won't peacefully seek a solution; therefore, it's their fault. General Sisi democratically installed a new, military-backed president to save Egypt from authoritarianism, so why blame him? He does it for democracy.

DEMOCRACY!
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Qwert on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:36 am

i dont understand,, first US kick hes friend Mubarak, then demand for democratic election,, and then Muslim brotherhood win in election,, and again US are not happy?? This all mess its because US involve and back Egyptian Army against Democratic elected President of Egypt.
After Libya, Syria,,now US again involved in new Civil War.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:58 am

Qwert wrote:i dont understand,, first US kick hes friend Mubarak, then demand for democratic election,, and then Muslim brotherhood win in election,, and again US are not happy?? This all mess its because US involve and back Egyptian Army against Democratic elected President of Egypt.

Let's be fair here. I'm all in favour of blaming the Americans for everything, but in all honesty this mess began when the KGB and its paid stooges overthrew the legitimate King of Egypt in 1952. You can lay this mess squarely at the doorstep of your Russian cousins.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:12 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Qwert wrote:i dont understand,, first US kick hes friend Mubarak, then demand for democratic election,, and then Muslim brotherhood win in election,, and again US are not happy?? This all mess its because US involve and back Egyptian Army against Democratic elected President of Egypt.

Let's be fair here. I'm all in favour of blaming the Americans for everything, but in all honesty this mess began when the KGB and its paid stooges overthrew the legitimate King of Egypt in 1952. You can lay this mess squarely at the doorstep of your Russian cousins.

Actually you can probably trace things back to British occupying Egypt. Or even further, all of the pharaohs?!?!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:06 pm

Is there such a thing as a legitimate king?
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Symmetry on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:14 pm

thegreekdog wrote:Is there such a thing as a legitimate king?

I thought you were a lawyer. Surely a legitimate king would be one by law?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:24 am

thegreekdog wrote:Is there such a thing as a legitimate king?

Ever heard of the Mandate of Heaven?

I rest my case.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:28 am

It's difficult to say since US citizens do not have access to such briefings---specifically those between the president and his National Security Council (NSC). What does Pentagon really think of all this? How do they and the Executive branch get along on this issue?

I don't know, and anyone without access to classified documents does not know. We can only guess.

So, I look at the foreign 'aid' which the US has been giving to Egypt. It's been roughly $1.5 billion per year. The US holds influence over the IMF and World Bank, which give 'aid' to Egypt, and this money--to my knowledge--has been funneling into Egypt, regardless of the ruling party. So, (1) either the US doesn't care who rules Egypt, so they'll let the dust fly while saying, "maintain calm, please," or (2) since much of the aid goes to the military, then they've been working with Sisi to establish a more US-friendly government (I mean, more democratic) government in Egypt...

It's hard to say either way because I can't verify this information, and the USG won't allow it---while they have their spokespeople saying all sorts of things. Welcome to the world of politics.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Qwert on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:38 am

do you forget Iraq WMD? Who make this storie?
Libya-no fly zone, and Libya dont use aircraft, but US use and heavily bombard Goverment troops.
Syria -use of chemical weapons- and again who claim this?

US its in every recent war are involve,, this its in hes blood, can not resist to participate in every war. For me its impossible to imagine that for one year, US are not involve in any conflict on earth.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Symmetry on Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:23 pm

Qwert wrote:For me its impossible to imagine that for one year, US are not involve in any conflict on earth.

I think this says more about your imagination than it does about US involvement in Libya.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:59 am

Obama is a bloodthirsty warmonger because he's concerned about his penis size and about being exposed as an incompetent buffoon, Harvard alumnus and reformed Obama supporter Matt Damon says.

"I think it's tough for guys who weren't in the military," he says. "One, their manhood is kind of challenged on some level, I imagine, and they allow themselves to get bullied. And two, they're just politically afraid of either looking soft or looking incompetent, so they overcompensate."

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/au ... ar-elysium

“There are a lot of things that I really question — the legality of the drone strikes, these NSA revelations. Jimmy Carter came out and said we don’t live in a democracy. That’s a little intense when an ex-president says that. So you now, he’s got some explaining to do, particularly for a constitutional law professor.”

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/201 ... html?ml=bp
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:41 pm

saxitoxin wrote:Obama is a bloodthirsty warmonger because he's concerned about his penis size and about being exposed as an incompetent buffoon

I agree completely. He is in panic mode. The real scandalous Obama is being revealed The other day he was making a statement about Egypt, and you could tell that he had no idea what he was talking about. If the teleprompter broke, he would not have any idea what to say.

You don't even need to see it, just listen. You can tell

Major Phatscotty

Postby saxitoxin on Mon May 19, 2014 9:00 pm

After 40 years of stability under Green Movement created by Qaddafi, Libya is now in tatters. The U.S. is preparing to evacuate its embassy and flee the country as fast as it can as the nation is days away from full-scale civil war.

The U.S. military has doubled the number of aircraft standing by in Italy if needed to evacuate Americans from the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli, Libya, CNN has learned.

A decision to evacuate as violence in the Libyan capital grows is "minute by minute, hour by hour," a defense official told CNN on Monday.

Fierce fighting swept across the city Sunday after armed men stormed the country's interim Parliament. Sporadic bursts of gunfire and blasts could still be heard on the outskirts of the capital Monday evening.

At least four people were killed and 90 injured Sunday in Tripoli, according to the Health Ministry.

Fighters armed with heavy weapons moved in on the General National Congress as Sunday's session was adjourned. The attackers stormed the building as members were evacuated. Fighting then spread to other parts of the city.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/19/world/afr ... ?hpt=hp_t2

"You people have absolutely no idea what you've unleashed. Give them one year and you will find out the reality but please don't say that, on the day Saif al-Islam was taken prisoner, he didn't warn you of that."

Saif al-Islam
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby mrswdk on Mon May 19, 2014 10:20 pm

If Gadaffi wasn't such a gimp then there never would have been an uprising for NATO to support.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby a6mzero on Thu May 29, 2014 11:48 pm

George Bush and Dick Cheney created the greatest foreign policy disaster in the last 50 years and the clowns here have the nerve to talk about Obama's shortcomings. Give me a freaking break.SHEESH!
Cook a6mzero

Postby a6mzero on Fri May 30, 2014 12:09 am

P.S. There were something like 10 or 11 attacks on US embassies and consulates during the Bush administration. Didn't hear the wingnuts wringing their hands and calling for hearing after hearing then.
Cook a6mzero

Postby saxitoxin on Fri May 30, 2014 12:10 am

a6mzero wrote:George Bush and Dick Cheney created the greatest foreign policy disaster in the last 50 years and the clowns here have the nerve to talk about Obama's shortcomings. Give me a freaking break.SHEESH!

Emperor Nero created the greatest foreign policy disaster in 2,000 years and you have the nerve to talk about George Bush?

The clowns here were all talking about the George Bush in 2007. It's 2014 and now we're talking about Barack Obama.

a6mzero wrote:P.S. There were something like 10 or 11 attacks on US embassies and consulates during the Bush administration. Didn't hear the wingnuts wringing their hands and calling for hearing after hearing then.

No one in this thread has called for a hearing on attacks on U.S. embassies. We're calling for Obama to be dragged in chains before a war crimes tribunal in The Hague to stand trial for his crimes against the Libyan people, convicted, and sent to a labor camp in Cyrenaica‎ to serve a life sentence breaking rocks.

Eight dead American diplomats is a tragedy, to be sure, but doesn't hold a candle to the hundreds of thousands of mangled Arab corpses the U.S. has produced over the last 15 40 years at the behest of the so-called State of "Israel."
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby a6mzero on Fri May 30, 2014 12:18 am

If Cheney and Bush didn't face a warcrime tribunal for the 1/2 million Iraq deaths I wouldn't hold my breath for Obama taking a turn on the stand.
Cook a6mzero

Postby saxitoxin on Fri May 30, 2014 12:24 am

a6mzero wrote:If Cheney and Bush didn't face a warcrime tribunal for the 1/2 million Iraq deaths I wouldn't hold my breath for Obama taking a turn on the stand.

Of course he won't. He'll leave office and retire to a sprawling estate, his pockets lined with millions of Aramco and Aetna dollars and his garden surrounded by heavily-armed Secret Service agents. He'll leave thousands of innocent Americans to pay for his crimes on his behalf, just like innocent Americans paid on 9/11 for the crimes of George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton. To quote John Kerry when recently speaking about Edward Snowden, Obama should "man up and face justice."
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Fri May 30, 2014 12:28 am

saxitoxin wrote:
a6mzero wrote:If Cheney and Bush didn't face a warcrime tribunal for the 1/2 million Iraq deaths I wouldn't hold my breath for Obama taking a turn on the stand.

Of course he won't. He'll leave office and retire to a sprawling estate, his pockets lined with millions of Aramco and Aetna dollars and his garden surrounded by heavily-armed Secret Service agents. He'll leave thousands of innocent Americans to pay for his crimes on his behalf...

don't leave out the AARP dollars he will be swimming in

fo life
Major Phatscotty

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,