Conquer Club

WELCOME TO SPAMALOT, THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE SPAMMY!!!!!!!!!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: WELCOME TO SPAMALOT, THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE SPAMMY!!!!!

Postby The Weird One on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:55 am

But candy lasts so much longer...you have to worry about the cookies going stale.
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Postby apey on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:52 pm

not with me around
04:42:40 ā€¹apeyā€ŗ uhoh
04:42:40 ā€¹ronc8649ā€ŗ uhoh
iAmCaffeine: 4/28/2016. I love how the PL players are getting wet on your wall
Corporal 1st Class apey

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:57 pm

What kind?
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby The Weird One on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:19 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:What kind?

Thin mints...you ask as if there's any other possibility.
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:18 pm

The Weird One wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:What kind?

Thin mints...you ask as if there's any other possibility.

So, no chocalate chip cookies? HERETIC!
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby The Weird One on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:26 pm

There's chocolate in them...but, more importantly, there's mint!

Sergeant The Weird One

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:59 am

So, Elder Scrolls Online, or Dragon Age 3?
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby The Weird One on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:17 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:So, Elder Scrolls Online, or Dragon Age 3?

Having played neither [yes, I know, it's sad], I would have to vote Dragon Age 3.

Sergeant The Weird One

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:00 pm

The Weird One wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:So, Elder Scrolls Online, or Dragon Age 3?

Having played neither [yes, I know, it's sad], I would have to vote Dragon Age 3.

Well, neither have come out. But previous installments have.

For me, I would say DA3 as well. From the videos I've seen, it looks pretty awesome. ESO, looks alright, but it requires $15 monthly fee, which seems to be a standard for MMOs, one game style that I've left alone and probably will continue to do so. That said,

"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby The Weird One on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:35 am

Well, the monthly fee, alone, then would make the decision for me...I dislike the whole paying a subscription fee for a game I've bought.

Sergeant The Weird One

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:03 am

The Weird One wrote:Well, the monthly fee, alone, then would make the decision for me...I dislike the whole paying a subscription fee for a game I've bought.

Agreed. That's why I've never done any MMO games before.

Though I did get Saints Row 4. Plot line isn't the strongest one I've ever seen, but you don't play Saints Row for the plot, you play it for the sheer fun factor. Like flying a combat helicopter and blowing up tanks, getting super powers, a lightsaber like sword that disentegrates whatever you destroy with it, the dub-step gun, the blackholegun, making your character an obese man that sounds like a woman on helium...
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby The Weird One on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:38 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:
The Weird One wrote:Well, the monthly fee, alone, then would make the decision for me...I dislike the whole paying a subscription fee for a game I've bought.

Though I did get Saints Row 4. Plot line isn't the strongest one I've ever seen, but you don't play Saints Row for the plot, you play it for the sheer fun factor. Like flying a combat helicopter and blowing up tanks, getting super powers, a lightsaber like sword that disentegrates whatever you destroy with it, the dub-step gun, the blackholegun, making your character an obese man that sounds like a woman on helium...

...For some reason I'm possessed with a sudden urge to go out and spend money on a game. I can't imagine why...

Sergeant The Weird One

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:31 am

The Weird One wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

...For some reason I'm possessed with a sudden urge to go out and spend money on a game. I can't imagine why...

Definitly worth it. And if you are able, try out the other 3 as well, backstory, if nothing else.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby The Weird One on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:07 pm

In general, what genres of games do you favour?

Sergeant The Weird One

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:40 pm

The Weird One wrote:In general, what genres of games do you favour?

Depends on the mood I'm in.

Sometimes its basketball and football (depending on the season), sometimes Skyrim, sometimes the Saints Row games (if I just want to go around destroying everything that comes my way), sometimes Mass Effect series for a deep story and characters (ending being the exception), Dragon Age series for similar reasons (but set in a "Medieval" era), and sometimes just to explore/build/and mine in Minecraft. Or, if I feel like taking over the known world, I'll pop in a Total War game on the PC.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby The Weird One on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:43 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:

Sometimes its basketball and football (depending on the season), sometimes Skyrim, sometimes the Saints Row games (if I just want to go around destroying everything that comes my way), sometimes Mass Effect series for a deep story and characters (ending being the exception), Dragon Age series for similar reasons (but set in a "Medieval" era), and sometimes just to explore/build/and mine in Minecraft. Or, if I feel like taking over the known world, I'll pop in a Total War game on the PC.

Well, damn...that's a range.

Sergeant The Weird One

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:45 pm

The Weird One wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

Yep, though the only style of gaming I;ve found that I don't really care for is JRPG. The RPG style where you have to take turns to attack. To slow paced for me.

What about you?
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby The Weird One on Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:35 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
The Weird One wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

Yep, though the only style of gaming I;ve found that I don't really care for is JRPG. The RPG style where you have to take turns to attack. To slow paced for me.

What about you?

In general, I stick to RTSes and such...Total War games are a favourite of mine. For years, DotA was my favourite, I'll admit, but I have dragged myself, kicking and screaming, away from that plague upon my sleep schedule. [Oh, how I miss it. :P ] FPSes are another big one, for me...Aside from those three, I bounce around to RPG style games occasionally, but that's about it...Minecraft I avoid because I distrust myself with such an easy time sink...

Sergeant The Weird One

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:04 pm

The Weird One wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
The Weird One wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

What about you?

In general, I stick to RTSes and such...Total War games are a favourite of mine. For years, DotA was my favourite, I'll admit, but I have dragged myself, kicking and screaming, away from that plague upon my sleep schedule. [Oh, how I miss it. :P ] FPSes are another big one, for me...Aside from those three, I bounce around to RPG style games occasionally, but that's about it...Minecraft I avoid because I distrust myself with such an easy time sink...

Oh yeah, throw in the Halo franchise for FPS for me.

But wise words for minecraft. I have it for PC (barely runs, need to get my PC tuned up) and xbox (not as much stuff and smaller maps, but nearly no lag). So, pick of the poisons I guess. I blame Achievment Hunter (offshoot of RoosterTeeth) for getting me into minecraft.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby The Weird One on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:26 pm

I realize this isn't the right place to ask, but I don't really feel like making a thread asking in General Discussion or searching for the old threads that might have it asked: Why did they replace the leave feedback option with the ratings?...
Last edited by The Weird One on Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sergeant The Weird One

Postby 2dimes on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:29 pm

Too many people claiming they were given unfair bad ratings.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby The Weird One on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:32 pm

2dimes wrote:Too many people claiming they were given unfair bad ratings.

Bah...the ratings system they have now is too vague...I mean, it's easy to use, but, for that very reason, most people have obscenenely inflated ratings....Most people -my lazy ass included- will just leave fives across the board, for most people...Before you could at least get some idea of why...

That abbreviated ramble aside, I can understand the reasoning....thanks for the response, sir.

Sergeant The Weird One

Postby Serbia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Because the people running the site at the time were vodka drinkers. Would have been better for everyone if they had been whisky drinkers.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby The Weird One on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:40 pm

Serbia wrote:Because the people running the site at the time were vodka drinkers. Would have been better for everyone if they had been whisky drinkers.

Bollocks.

Bugger that...'twould have been better if they had been rum drinkers...

Sergeant The Weird One

Re: Re:

Postby Fircoal on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:52 pm

The Weird One wrote:
2dimes wrote:Too many people claiming they were given unfair bad ratings.

Bah...the ratings system they have now is too vague...I mean, it's easy to use, but, for that very reason, most people have obscenenely inflated ratings....Most people -my lazy ass included- will just leave fives across the board, for most people...Before you could at least get some idea of why...

That abbreviated ramble aside, I can understand the reasoning....thanks for the response, sir.

I hate the ratings. All it shows are a bunch of numbers on the screen. That may tell me something but it doesn't tell me everything. With feedback you were able to express yourself as well as you could words. I look through my own feedback and see what I was like back in the day. Who was doing what. I read some of the glowing reviews and I feel proud. I can see exactly how people felt. Now I just see a bunch of 5's most everywhere. Basically all I can tell now is who is nice and who isn't. Before you could probably tell more of how nice. Meh, I feel the ratings just aren't personal enough.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,