Conquer Club

I need help with Itunes

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

I need help with Itunes

Postby Fish Breeder Boy on Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:21 am

Recently i've acquired a new cd "Mariah Carey Greatest Hits". This CD case gave me two discs (Disc 1 and Disc 2).

When I inserted Disc 1, Itunes could not read the disc and instead gave me two options. The first one was "Greatest Hits" and the second was "Greatest Hits [Disc 1]" I chose the first option on accident without realizing that the cd had two discs.

When i uploaded the songs it gave me completely different songs from the ones i had originally. New titles and song etc.

I tried to reinsert the CD multiple times but it still reads the other disc now. How can i fix this problem?
Corporal Fish Breeder Boy

Postby Stopper on Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:26 am

Surely Mariah Carey is for looking at, not listening to?
Lieutenant Stopper

Postby Spuzzell on Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:39 am

First, print out the iTunes help file. Read, it, read it again, then set it on fire and beat yourself to death with it.

Smash your iPod into tiny pieces and buy an Archos, then delete iTunes with a sigh of blissfull freedom, and live a happy life.

Or just delete the tracks and do it again.

Or not. Mariah Carey? REALLY?
Corporal 1st Class Spuzzell

Postby Numia Kereru on Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:45 am

h, ohhhhhh, oh, I am...
I had it all
But I let it slip away
Couldn't say I treated you wrong
Now I wander around
Feeling down and cold
Trying to believe that you're gone

Chorus: (all together now)
Love takes time
To heal when you're hurting so much
Couldn't see that I was blind
To let you go
I can't escape the pain
Inside
'Cause love takes time
I don't wanna be here
I don't wanna be here alone

do do de doodo odo do

(virtuosos break it down)
:-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
:-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
Private Numia Kereru

Postby Blueoctober on Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:20 pm

cahneg the names manually
Ther mere absence of War is not Peace

-JFK

For the Rare and Radiant Maiden Lenore
Private Blueoctober

Re: I need help with Itunes

Postby vtmarik on Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:25 pm

Fish Breeder Boy wrote:Recently i've acquired a new cd "Mariah Carey Greatest Hits". This CD case gave me two discs (Disc 1 and Disc 2).

When I inserted Disc 1, Itunes could not read the disc and instead gave me two options. The first one was "Greatest Hits" and the second was "Greatest Hits [Disc 1]" I chose the first option on accident without realizing that the cd had two discs.

When i uploaded the songs it gave me completely different songs from the ones i had originally. New titles and song etc.

I tried to reinsert the CD multiple times but it still reads the other disc now. How can i fix this problem?

The best solution is to stop using iTunes as your media/CD player. Use Winamp. It's easier, uses less memory, and has a more customizable interface as well as plugins.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby s.xkitten on Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:27 pm

step one- get rid of itunes
step two- get rid of the stupid iPod
step three- take a deep breath...you are now free
Sergeant s.xkitten

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:29 pm

Spuzzell wrote:First, print out the iTunes help file. Read, it, read it again, then set it on fire and beat yourself to death with it.

Smash your iPod into tiny pieces and buy an Archos, then delete iTunes with a sigh of blissfull freedom, and live a happy life.

Or just delete the tracks and do it again.

Or not. Mariah Carey? REALLY?

Out of everyones advice, this would be the one to go with...Honestly, ive tried it and it has done MIRACLES...HONEST!
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Hitman079 on Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:15 pm

Stopper wrote:Surely Mariah Carey is for looking at, not listening to?

ditto
Fish Breeder Boy is also a BOY
Cook Hitman079

Postby Serbia on Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:54 pm

Stopper wrote:Surely Mariah Carey is for looking at, not listening to?

Exactly my thoughts.
And who admits to buying any of her CD's? :roll:
Captain Serbia

Re: I need help with Itunes

Postby Hologram on Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:38 pm

Fish Breeder Boy wrote:Recently i've acquired a new cd "Mariah Carey Greatest Hits". This CD case gave me two discs (Disc 1 and Disc 2).

Simple, go to get info, then change the necessary information.

P.S. Don't listen to Mariah Carey....
The inflation rate in Zimbabwe just hit 4 million percent. Some people say it is only 165,000, but they are just being stupid. -Scott Adams, artist and writer of Dilbert
Cook Hologram

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:55 am

1. The anti ipod sentiment is retarded.
2. itunes pwns winamp.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby Guiscard on Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:01 am

I've tried every other media player for the PC, and I still go back to iTunes.

As for your problem, just ring up their support line. They've always been helpful and on-point when I've had problems...

Also, I find it interesting that to be a treu l33t computer geek you have to be pro-Mac but anti-iPod
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby Backglass on Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:13 am

I am sorry...this is impossible as we ALL know that Apple products are perfect and have no problems.

:lol:
The Pro-Tip®, SkyDaddy® and Image are registered trademarks of Backglass Heavy Industries.
Corporal 1st Class Backglass

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:06 am

Guiscard wrote:
Also, I find it interesting that to be a treu l33t computer geek you have to be pro-Mac but anti-iPod

some people are just dumb.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby Guiscard on Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:24 am

reverend_kyle wrote:
Guiscard wrote:

some people are just dumb.

it aint so cool when everyone gets one...
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.

Postby Spuzzell on Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:17 am

I'm not "kill all iPods", they're ok, but Archos make much better products.

And any company that forces a particular media player on anyone who buys their product deserves contempt.

I use VLC for video and JetAudio and WM10 for music, with Divx for converting video onto my Archos.

No restrictions, no resource hogging and no need to go to smug Apple user groups when problems occur.
Corporal 1st Class Spuzzell

Postby unriggable on Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:28 am

Spuzzell wrote:I'm not "kill all iPods", they're ok, but Archos make much better products.

iPods are among the most fragile things I've ever bought in my life. They're really good though. Be prepared to send it back a couple of times.
Cook unriggable

Postby Hitman079 on Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:34 pm

unriggable wrote:
Spuzzell wrote:I'm not "kill all iPods", they're ok, but Archos make much better products.

iPods are among the most fragile things I've ever bought in my life. They're really good though. Be prepared to send it back a couple of times.

i dropped my shuffle on the concrete floor about 2 feet whilst running. aside from some dents here and there it still worked fine
Cook Hitman079

Postby Guiscard on Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:51 am

Hitman079 wrote:
unriggable wrote:

i dropped my shuffle on the concrete floor about 2 feet whilst running. aside from some dents here and there it still worked fine

I dropped my old Ipof out of the car door doing 60... It worked until a few months ago when I finally decided to get a new one with colour screen and video...

Postby unriggable on Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:27 pm

Hitman079 wrote:i dropped my shuffle on the concrete floor about 2 feet whilst running. aside from some dents here and there it still worked fine

Really? Mine has been breaking sponaneously for quite some time. I got it replaced, twice, but still continues to suck. Great player though. Aside from the flimsiness.
Cook unriggable

Postby s.xkitten on Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:03 pm

i dropped my ipod and it never broke...then one day my friend grabbed it from me, and it stopped working after that...the weirdest things break the ipod...which is why i no longer use mine
Sergeant s.xkitten

Postby Blueoctober on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:10 pm

my ipod is just as durable as my phone. if anyone has read the indestructible phone thread. i love my nano

-JFK

Private Blueoctober

Postby Blueoctober on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:10 pm

actually i am downloading a new version of itunes now

-JFK

Private Blueoctober

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,