Conquer Club

What video/computer game are you currently playing?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What video/computer game are you currently playing?

Postby rishaed on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:38 am

Playing WoT right now.... diece i guess. Still trying to get better at it.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:40 am

john9blue wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:This one

i figured you'd be playing the rainbow dash version...

THIS IS SO FUN
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Lootifer on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:43 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Lootifer wrote:
john9blue wrote:eve online is on sale today on steam.

does anyone play that? how do you like it?

Eve is arguably one of the greatest games every conceived.

However, the result of such an idea is quite the beast.

Basically its one of those situations where the pros and cons are one in the same.

I have a friend who is pretty heavily into it. He sets his alarm for 2am, and again at 5am so he can perform a "corp" operation (not all the time but an example of whats involved).

Id reccommend you try it (and do a lot of research at the same time) as thats the only real way to see if you'd like it; however it is certainly not a game you pick up on a whim. (its the opposite of casual gaming).

That's why things like WoW never really appealed to me...it turns a game into a job. Ugh.

Hah, Eve makes WoW look very tame in comparison.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:26 am

Oh, wow, I thought y'all were talking about Everquest.

Once upon a time, I played twice on a friend's account. The first time I was running around the city, fell into a sewer, and got eaten by shark.

The second time, I was going to the nearest city with a group of people, who soon left me because my computer loaded the next scene much later than them. So, I ran around aimlessly across the plains and got mauled by a cheetah.

Never played since.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Lootifer on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:22 am

Youd liike eve. Its complete libertarian sandbox
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:34 am

Lootifer wrote:Youd liike eve. Its complete libertarian sandbox

That's cool. So are games like Minecraft, but...

I don't need an extra job.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby GreecePwns on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:47 am

Found a used 3ds on ebay for really cheap, any suggestions? Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem both look fantastic.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Lootifer on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:49 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Lootifer wrote:Youd liike eve. Its complete libertarian sandbox

That's cool. So are games like Minecraft, but...

I don't need an extra job.

Yeah and thats what eventually put me off. I love the complete ruthlessness of the world. Scams, dodgy investments, exploitation and heaps of other good stuff (that is fun in a fantasy world, shit in RL); its a real f*ck or get fucked world which, if you have plenty of time and motivation then the personal satisfaction is pretty huge (when you literally have hundreds of hours, days even, that could be destroyed in an instant; when you pull something off the satisfaction is pretty good).

Oh and that the actual space flying bit is kind of actually lame and clunky - I am a big propoent of: "mechanics make the game"; and Eve lets itself down in this respect. Having said that I dont think there is any way of getting around the clunky mechanics as they do have space battles that involved hundreds of people. Without limited mechanics the whole thing would turn into a train wreck (without revamping the entire engine).
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Lootifer on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:50 pm

Oh and im playing a bit of Payday: The heist with my buddies atm. Classic LFD2 style co-op, just in a different setting. Pretty fucking fun I must say.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:59 pm

I'm trying to play Railrood Tycoon 2. This seems like a highly fascinating yet frustratingly and impossibly difficult game.

I'm not really having fun, like I do with most simulations of this sort (Zoo Tycoon 2 rules!).
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Lootifer on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Transport tycoon or gtfo :D
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Lootifer wrote:Transport tycoon or gtfo :D

Is it better? This looks like it could be tons of fun. If it wasn't ridiculously hard to compete.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby macbone on Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:27 am

I've had a lot of fun with XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I tried playing Ironman Classic about twenty times and gave up in frustration, but when I started a regular Classic game, everything clicked (I did reload once when my squad got wiped by a combined force of mutons and chryssalids). Once you get carapace armor and laser weapons, the game gets a lot easier, and I just finished the enemy base mission.

The original XCOM remains one of my favorite games of all time, but the remake is shiny.
Colonel macbone

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:05 am

Woodruff wrote:My wife is mad at you. MAAAAAAD.

I'm just sayin'.

Haha -- does she normally shop on GOG?

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:19 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:My wife is mad at you. MAAAAAAD.

I'm just sayin'.

Haha -- does she normally shop on GOG?

Well no...that would be...me too. <laughing>

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:06 am

macbone wrote:I've had a lot of fun with XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I tried playing Ironman Classic about twenty times and gave up in frustration, but when I started a regular Classic game, everything clicked (I did reload once when my squad got wiped by a combined force of mutons and chryssalids). Once you get carapace armor and laser weapons, the game gets a lot easier, and I just finished the enemy base mission.

The original XCOM remains one of my favorite games of all time, but the remake is shiny.

Mmhm, Classic Ironman is semi ruthless early. I've been playing around with a Classic Ironman with some of the second wave options turned on, and it is a bit of an experience. I wish there were more maps, or at least, you didn't always start in the same place on any given map. That would have helped spice things up for replayability other than just choosing another difficulty, etc.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Lootifer on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:29 pm

Borderlands2 last night.

Weirdly cool game once I figured it out.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:26 am

TGD, didn't you play Europa Universalis? Europa Universalis IV is coming out, and it looks pretty sweet. It also quite pricey, so I doubt I'll fork over any cash until it drops in a nice steam sale, maybe in 6 months or more. http://www.europauniversalis4.com

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:33 am

AndyDufresne wrote:TGD, didn't you play Europa Universalis? Europa Universalis IV is coming out, and it looks pretty sweet. It also quite pricey, so I doubt I'll fork over any cash until it drops in a nice steam sale, maybe in 6 months or more. http://www.europauniversalis4.com

--Andy

I will purchase it. My concern is that it is not substantially different than prior iterations (which were good). Buy why spend any money when I can go back and play III? Plus, you know, I have to play Neverwinter Nights 2 and WWE 13.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Oh man! This is my kinda game!

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/

Postby rishaed on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:49 pm

Crysis 2
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby fadedpsychosis on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 am

Lootifer wrote:Borderlands2 last night.

Weirdly cool game once I figured it out.

BL2 is fun... I love playing it with friends. the gunzerker is my favorite, not because I like playing as him, but because the random stuff he says (like yelling out "machismo!") when going berzerk

a week or so ago I bought both Knights of the Old Replublic games for a little over $6 total... lots of fun. also just got home from Afghanistan and the wife isn't home so I'm playing Oblivion
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby Gillipig on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:08 am

Just finished playing "Condemned: Criminal Origins" on PC. It has a few years on it's neck (7) but it's a very intense game and it's quite easy to die even on the medium difficulty level. This makes it fun because you are always on your toes. Without spoiling too much I can say that you will be playing as a an FBI agent trying to find a serial killer in a city going downhill. You'll be fighting junkies and freaks with mostly weapons that you find laying around (no running around with a gun with unlimited amo),the music is well put together and helps bring some additional fear into the game. If you're looking for a thriller game on PC, I can highly recommend this game.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:56 pm

I have tried all the best, old school RPGs, and have been found wanting.

There's newer and newer stuff on PS3 and for PC, but it appears to be the same old.

With every hour played, an hour of my life has escaped, and for what reason? To play a game?

Bollocks.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Gillipig on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:11 pm

Lol, if you don't want to waste your time, maybe you shouldn't have made 20 000 posts on a fricking gaming site. Just saying.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,