Conquer Club

What video/computer game are you currently playing?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What video/computer game are you currently playing?

Postby pancakemix on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:08 pm

Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby subtleknifewield on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:28 pm

Ah there we go, tanks guys :)
Sergeant 1st Class subtleknifewield

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:30 am

So, been playing Skyrim, and while there are a lot of good armors in the game, and a lot of really cool and well made armor mods, I haven't really found any that shout "This is Dragonborn! The hero of Skyrim!" (no pun intended) Dragonplate and dragonscale jsut look ugly. Daedric armor shouts the opposite of heroic. And I've looked over what seems to be hundreds of separate mods and even ones that have a ton thrown in together. But none have really given me that "yeah, this is the armor of a true hero!" feeling. Some armor mods fit certain factions better than that faction's own armors, but not for the overall hero.

Still a fun game, but things like that get a bit frustrating. Any recommendations?
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:07 am

I remember I had a nice glass eleven armor or something like that, for my ranger, with one of those iron masks (green) that majorly improves stuff.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby JBlombier on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:36 am

I downloaded a very nostalgic game (at least for me it is) that cost me $2,62.
Dungeon Keeper II. Lol, I plan on playing the campaign and be done with it, but that is certainly worth the few bucks. Such an awesome game made in another millenium.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:04 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I remember I had a nice glass eleven armor or something like that, for my ranger, with one of those iron masks (green) that majorly improves stuff.

--Andy
I have a mod that allows enchanting to be an armor/clothing enchantment. So being OP is not an issue. Right now I have light armor that has an armor value in the tens of thousands and same goes for weapons. And never really was a fan of glass armor. It looks okay, but not what I'm looking for. It's hard to describe.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby TheProwler on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:44 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:I remember I had a nice glass eleven armor or something like that, for my ranger, with one of those iron masks (green) that majorly improves stuff.
--Andy
I have a mod that allows enchanting to be an armor/clothing enchantment. So being OP is not an issue. Right now I have light armor that has an armor value in the tens of thousands and same goes for weapons. And never really was a fan of glass armor. It looks okay, but not what I'm looking for. It's hard to describe.

I had a tonne of great armour sets in Oblivion...but, like you, I haven't seen anything in Skyrim that screams "Champion of Skyrim!"...

I guess fashion just isn't as big a deal in Skyrim as it is Cyrodiil...
El Capitan X wrote:The people in flame wars just seem to get dimmer and dimmer. Seriously though, I love your style, always a good read.
General TheProwler

Postby subtleknifewield on Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:17 pm

JBlombier wrote:I downloaded a very nostalgic game (at least for me it is) that cost me $2,62.
Dungeon Keeper II. Lol, I plan on playing the campaign and be done with it, but that is certainly worth the few bucks. Such an awesome game made in another millenium.

Very nice. I agree, some of the best games are the ones that have those nostalgic feels that overcome the preference for newer more realistic graphics. Some games really are just that timeless!
Sergeant 1st Class subtleknifewield

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:43 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:So, been playing Skyrim, and while there are a lot of good armors in the game, and a lot of really cool and well made armor mods, I haven't really found any that shout "This is Dragonborn! The hero of Skyrim!" (no pun intended) Dragonplate and dragonscale jsut look ugly. Daedric armor shouts the opposite of heroic. And I've looked over what seems to be hundreds of separate mods and even ones that have a ton thrown in together. But none have really given me that "yeah, this is the armor of a true hero!" feeling. Some armor mods fit certain factions better than that faction's own armors, but not for the overall hero.

Still a fun game, but things like that get a bit frustrating. Any recommendations?

I kinda like the dragonplate armor, though i still prefer daedric. I think my favorite as far as appearance goes would probably be dwarven, or maybe madness armor from oblivion. Unfortunately i play console and can't recommend any mods.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:12 pm

TheProwler wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
--Andy

I had a tonne of great armour sets in Oblivion...but, like you, I haven't seen anything in Skyrim that screams "Champion of Skyrim!"...

I guess fashion just isn't as big a deal in Skyrim as it is Cyrodiil...

Some armor mods out there are really well made, and go into a lot of detail, but they just do not fit what I am looking for. 4 years out, and nothing that says "I am the Hero of Skyrim, Dovakhiin!" Most really made armors are more for assassin/rogue characters and are more for anti-hero kind of characters (at best). The best looking heavy armors, are once again, more like anti-hero stuff than anything.

I am disappoint with Skyrim Modders!
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:09 am

I'm waiting for Stellaris to come out in about a month or so. From Paradox, the makers of Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Victoria, Crusader Kings, etc.

--Andy

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:03 pm

I'm playing Smite, its actually quite good!
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Symmetry on Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:24 pm

Old school stuff- another play through of Deus Ex, and looking forward to Vampire: The Masquerade- Bloodlines again afterwards.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:29 pm

DB Xenoverse mainly.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby waauw on Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:07 am

Football Manager 2016!!
Lieutenant waauw

Postby rishaed on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:01 am

Sadly picked up rimworld... Been addicted and sleepless for a bit now ):
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby tkr4lf on Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:02 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I'm waiting for Stellaris to come out in about a month or so. From Paradox, the makers of Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Victoria, Crusader Kings, etc.

--Andy

That looks awesome. I'll definitely have to pick it up.

Been enjoying a bit of EU4, CK2, Skyrim and KoToR2 here lately. I can't seem to just focus on one, so I hop back and forth between them like a ritalin-addled teenager.
Major tkr4lf

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:11 am

tkr4lf wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:I'm waiting for Stellaris to come out in about a month or so. From Paradox, the makers of Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Victoria, Crusader Kings, etc.

--Andy

That looks awesome. I'll definitely have to pick it up.

Been enjoying a bit of EU4, CK2, Skyrim and KoToR2 here lately. I can't seem to just focus on one, so I hop back and forth between them like a ritalin-addled teenager.

If you are a pre-ordering type of person, you can get it discounted to about $30-32 USD: https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/ ... =stellaris

--Andy

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:42 am

I've been playing Rim World. I think it is the first Steam early access game I've bought, but it is very well fleshed out, and I've dumped more time into it than many other recent games I've picked up. It is like a colony management game that allows you to dial up or dial down the rng to your tastes.

--Andy

Postby mrswdk on Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:28 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I've been playing Rim World.

Hope you brushed your teeth afterwards.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:31 pm

mrswdk wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:I've been playing Rim World.

Hope you brushed your teeth afterwards.

Will you get a proper reach around?
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:40 pm

Been getting back into Dragon Age Inquisition. A really good game so far, but it seems all but impossible to find good helmet schematics, or just good helmets in general. The open world-esque exploration is a big step up from the previous games, but it also makes it all too easy to stumble into an area where you are woefully under leveled for. Though, after a certain point, you can even go up against High Dragons and come out with all 4 members standing. After reviving them a few times and blowing through your health potions.

And like Skyrim, giants are more of a pain than dragons are. Mainly because they don't stand so still and have area of effect attacks.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby mrswdk on Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:41 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:Been getting back into Dragon Age Inquisition. A really good game so far, but it seems all but impossible to find good helmet

Maybe you should start playing Rim World with Andy then.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:36 pm

mrswdk wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:Been getting back into Dragon Age Inquisition. A really good game so far, but it seems all but impossible to find good helmet

Maybe you should start playing Rim World with Andy then.

Mrswdk is just sad since realizes not meeting her Dutch internet boyfriend in the airport was maybe her last chance. :(

--Andy

Postby mrswdk on Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:56 pm

That guy was such a stiff. Waiting in the airport to be picked up like that, expecting the woman to come to him.
Lieutenant mrswdk

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,