Conquer Club

What video/computer game are you currently playing?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What video/computer game are you currently playing?

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:34 pm

Gillipig wrote:Lol, if you don't want to waste your time, maybe you shouldn't have made 20 000 posts on a fricking gaming site. Just saying.

There's a difference between playing a game/thinking and writing/thinking, but you're a cat with snow on its head, so what do you know?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:24 pm

I mention this because I had a revealing experience one night on 4chan. I clicked on an amusing reaction pic on the homepage which led me to /v/. There was an OP who lamented about going through all the greatest games, so he didn't know what next to play. After much rummaging, there appeared advice from two worthy anons who stated that he should simply play worse games. Even if he hated it, he should finish them, and then play more. "What a sad existence," I thought to myself, and after that I never felt the same about games. Another alternative is to simply stop playing them--even for leisure time.

What do y'all non-Gillipigs think?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby rishaed on Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:30 pm

I could do much more with the time I play video games, but then I also play them leisurely and for socializational purposes. Yeah thats me the person who get to make up words by adding suffixes.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Lootifer on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:16 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:I mention this because I had a revealing experience one night on 4chan. I clicked on an amusing reaction pic on the homepage which led me to /v/. There was an OP who lamented about going through all the greatest games, so he didn't know what next to play. After much rummaging, there appeared advice from two worthy anons who stated that he should simply play worse games. Even if he hated it, he should finish them, and then play more. "What a sad existence," I thought to myself, and after that I never felt the same about games. Another alternative is to simply stop playing them--even for leisure time.

That you should stay away from 4chan.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Gillipig on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:56 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:Lol, if you don't want to waste your time, maybe you shouldn't have made 20 000 posts on a fricking gaming site. Just saying.

There's a difference between playing a game/thinking and writing/thinking, but you're a cat with snow on its head, so what do you know?

Asks the troll dressed in a green kids costume.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:28 am

HEY! They made this dino suit for adults!
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby fadedpsychosis on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:29 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:I mention this because I had a revealing experience one night on 4chan. I clicked on an amusing reaction pic on the homepage which led me to /v/. There was an OP who lamented about going through all the greatest games, so he didn't know what next to play. After much rummaging, there appeared advice from two worthy anons who stated that he should simply play worse games. Even if he hated it, he should finish them, and then play more. "What a sad existence," I thought to myself, and after that I never felt the same about games. Another alternative is to simply stop playing them--even for leisure time.

if you don't like what you're doing... why are you doing it? my wife asks me this every time she catches me grumbling at the screen when a game is frustrating me...

of course my usual answer to that one is "It tasks me, and I shall have my revenge"

BigBallinStalin wrote:HEY! They made this dino suit for adults!

just because pedophilia is catered to does not make it right...
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Why do anything that's non-constructive? Why read a fiction novel? Why watch tv? Why play golf? Why pick your nose?

There are a million things that are pretty much completely useless in the grand scheme of things but they help pass the time. Not all of us can be 100% productive and self-improving all the time.

That being said my time spent playing video games has plummeted in the past three years or so. Only a specific set of quality games will hold my interest any more.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Woodruff on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:10 pm

fadedpsychosis wrote:of course my usual answer to that one is "It tasks me, and I shall have my revenge"

Please tell me she understands the reference...
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:55 pm

I played FTL last night for the first time in a while. I made Kirk a captain, and Khan weapons system guy. Threw in a Zephram on Engines. But I named my ship something very non Star Trek.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Every male has a certain amount of competitiveness that allows him to survive, and thrive in the world and compete for women. By deploying our competitiveness to video games, we are using less on acquiring goods, and less towards impressing women to bed.

Video games are a plot by the Japanese to make us try to compete harder so that they can marry all the Rosebowl queens. Those online videos of crazy Japanese gamers aren't real - it is a ploy to make Americans work harder at it.

That's why Eastern RPGs have preset storylines. They want to beat the game quickly and then bang someone. Western RPGs are openended, so you can have relationships in Fable or Oblivion.

This is further compounded by the fact that asians are more evolved than Europeans, as evidenced by their collective neoteny.

If you want evidence, look at how more successful biologically they are. 2 billion Asians vs. 30 million Czechs and 150 million Germans.

tl;dr: you should just worship safariguy
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Gillipig on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:11 pm

I fear Doomyoshi is going down the same path as army of nobunaga. The madness inside of him is growing!!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:30 pm

More like army of Hatakeya of Shinano - the hardest starting position of them all.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Lootifer on Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Gillipig wrote:I fear Doomyoshi is going down the same path as army of nobunaga. The madness inside of him is growing!!

u just dont appreciate true genius
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Gillipig on Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:58 am

I never said I didn't appreciate it. In fact I love watching it unfold! A sane person turning mad, breaking free from his chains of reason, it's interesting stuff.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:59 am

fadedpsychosis wrote:

if you don't like what you're doing... why are you doing it? my wife asks me this every time she catches me grumbling at the screen when a game is frustrating me...

of course my usual answer to that one is "It tasks me, and I shall have my revenge"

Frustration is fine with the good games. If it's challenging, so it should be frustrating at times.

RE: underlined, yeah that's why I stopped.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:01 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:

Why do anything that's non-constructive? Why read a fiction novel? Why watch tv? Why play golf? Why pick your nose?

There are a million things that are pretty much completely useless in the grand scheme of things but they help pass the time. Not all of us can be 100% productive and self-improving all the time.

That being said my time spent playing video games has plummeted in the past three years or so. Only a specific set of quality games will hold my interest any more.

-TG

It's the part in bold that got me. It's like reading all the best literature, and then forcing yourself to read crappy literature--even if you don't enjoy it. With advice like that, I decided to stop playing video games, rather than submit myself to hours upon hours of miserable "entertainment."
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:07 am

I only play games that interest me. With Steam and GOG, its been nice to have a larger pool to choose from, since for years I didn't buy anything because nothing sounded interesting to me.

--Andy

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:10 am

Does GOG pay you to advertise? I bet they do! Admit it! Admit it! Or the bananas will get it...
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:20 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Does GOG pay you to advertise? I bet they do! Admit it! Admit it! Or the bananas will get it...

I've purchased 90% of my games from Steam, if not 95%. Ha.

--Andy

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:34 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Does GOG pay you to advertise? I bet they do! Admit it! Admit it! Or the bananas will get it...

I've purchased 90% of my games from Steam, if not 95%. Ha.

--Andy

You're fired!
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:34 am

You can't fire me! I quit! (I've always wanted to do this.)

--Andy

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:46 am

You're quit!
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby casper on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:43 pm

Kerbal Space Program - Reach for the stars, or just try to get into orbit around planet Kerbin.
Papers, Please - Become an early 80's communist state border guard denying or approving passports. It's fun, really. Glory to Arstotzka!
Major casper

Postby Frigidus on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:43 am

I'd just say that when you stop enjoying something that you're doing for leisure is when you should stop doing it. The key here is deciding where that threshold is. I don't come away from every video game I play with a dopey smile, but that doesn't necessarily mean I didn't enjoy myself.

Edit: I've been playing Binding of Isaac and replaying Desperados lately.
Sergeant Frigidus

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,