Conquer Club

What video/computer game are you currently playing?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What video/computer game are you currently playing?

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri May 31, 2013 1:40 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Bioshock Infinite is discounted to $35.00 (from $60.00), but I probably will wait for a better deal on that after it has been out for longer.

In case you missed this sale, Gamefly has a Steam activated downloadable Bioshock Infinitefor $34.99:

I, once again, will wait until an even better deal comes out, since I am still making my way through Bioshock 1 at the moment, and I won't be playing Infinite for a while anyways.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby john9blue on Fri May 31, 2013 11:24 pm

so apparently they're remaking my childhood:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jon ... platformer

doesn't it say something that so many people want another banjo-kazooie-style game so badly? why doesn't nintendo make these kind of games anymore?

speaking of which, some old rare developers were floating around the idea of finally making banjo-threeie a while back... they started a twitter account to gauge interest, but it looks like they dropped the project :(

https://twitter.com/MingyJongo
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:28 pm

Playing minecraft for PC, and the latest snapshot not only gave horses sound, but villagers now have voices.

And trying to get FTB mod pack to work for me is impossible. :x
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby maxfaraday on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:32 pm

To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby Gillipig on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:48 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:Playing minecraft for PC, and the latest snapshot not only gave horses sound, but villagers now have voices.

What's next, will they make the game less pixelated?? What is this world coming to when minecraft tries to keep up with technology??
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:52 am

Gillipig wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:Playing minecraft for PC, and the latest snapshot not only gave horses sound, but villagers now have voices.

What's next, will they make the game less pixelated??

With some texture packs, yes.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby Gillipig on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:02 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

What's next, will they make the game less pixelated??

With some texture packs, yes.

Damn Swedes!
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:42 pm

That was harder than I remembered.

Got 4:55.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Lootifer on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:06 pm

Sensible World of Soccer '96/'97.

Taking Bradford City TO THE TOP baby!
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:43 am

A pretty nice amazon deal on a bundle of DoubleFine games...all 6 for download for $9.99

I've played 4 out of the 6, with the Cave and Psychonauts being my favorite. Haven't played Iron Brigade or Brutal Legend, but I've always heard they were amusing and fun.

Stacking and Costume Quest are good games if you have kids or nieces or nephews that are just getting into gaming.

--Andy

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:18 am

Microsoft confirms gamers fears about Xbox 1.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/ ... r=yahootix

Though you can at least turn off creepy kinect, everything else is really bad. Unless you have incredible internet service, you may be screwed. You want to rent or buy a used game? You have to pay a fee to play it.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:25 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:Microsoft confirms gamers fears about Xbox 1.

Though you can at least turn off creepy kinect, everything else is really bad. Unless you have incredible internet service, you may be screwed. You want to rent or buy a used game? You have to pay a fee to play it.

Ugh. It seems like if some decent individual with the know how put out a console that dispensed with that garbage they'd make a killing.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:48 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:Microsoft confirms gamers fears about Xbox 1.

Ugh. It seems like if some decent individual with the know how put out a console that dispensed with that garbage they'd make a killing.

Like the WiiU?
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:47 pm

Civilization 5: Gold Edition is on sale on Steam for $12.49, marked down from $50.00. Civ 4: Complete Edition is also marked down to 7 some dollars too.

--Andy

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:45 pm

Lately, I've started playing "Blood Bowl" again. Man, they did a good job with this
game. It really is a blast, and very true to the board game.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:12 pm

League of Legends.

I just want to say The Witcher 2 is by far one of the best PC RPG games that has came out lately. Still waiting on the third one.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:37 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:League of Legends.

I just want to say The Witcher 2 is by far one of the best PC RPG games that has came out lately. Still waiting on the third one.

I still have "The Witcher" sitting in the queue on top of my PC tower.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:02 pm

The first one? I've played the first one before, I think it's pretty fun, got me hooked, just had some issues that was addressed in the second one although the second one has some features that you don't need compared to the first despite what the difficulty is. Their both hardcore RPG games in my opinion, harsh learning curve but pretty rewarding. Give it a go if you like fantasy stories. The only thing is I'd have to say about the story, is if you're unfamiliar with the Witcher series, you'll be lost in the sauce.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:05 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:The first one?

Yeah, the first one. I don't like to play more than one RPG at a time, so I've got a pretty long queue.

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:08 pm

Give it a go, see if you like the story, if you do, I highly recommend the 2nd one, it's worth the money and has none of that piracy bullshit that Steam has implemented into their system. Better yet, fun fact and pretty old school considering the year it came out, you can take that game and download it on, I'd say, five separate computers. So if you know of a friend that has one and want to save money, ask. Hell if I can find my copy and the code I could send it. Lol.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:00 pm

Judge me all you want, but in addition to playing Panzer General II, I'm playing WWE '13. And let me tell you, it's a great game.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:01 pm

thegreekdog wrote:Judge me all you want, but in addition to playing Panzer General II, I'm playing WWE '13. And let me tell you, it's a great game.

Walk us through a typical play session of TGD playing WWE 13. I'm am very curious.

--Andy

Postby rishaed on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:17 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Judge me all you want, but in addition to playing Panzer General II, I'm playing WWE '13. And let me tell you, it's a great game.

Walk us through a typical play session of TGD playing WWE 13. I'm am very curious.

Rish

I be like, Get my lawyer suit on its time to lay down the law!
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:31 am

AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

There's not much excitement in the off-screen typical play session. I basically play one match. If I lose (and therefore don't advance) or I win but don't meet the historical objectives of the match, I play again.

I used to play WWE games back in my college and law school days. I'm not a big "fighting game" guy but the wrestling games were different and I watched wrestling back in the 90s and early aughts, so I played them. The older games were very fun. This game is amazing. The graphics are incredible. The creation tools are amazing too (you can create everything from a wrestler to a move to an arena to a championship belt). My path forward here is to play the "Attitude Era" game (which is sort of like a campaign where you play through different famous matches from the 90s and aughts). After that, I'll try to get the unlockable content that I haven't yet unlocked. And after that, I'll do the "WWE Universe" portion of the game, which essentially puts you in the role of creating your own WWE, complete with wrestlers, championships, events, etc. (think of it as a Madden version of career mode) and then playing out those matches.

And when I have a couple of hours, I will create The Greek Dog wrestler.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:46 am

thegreekdog wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

There's not much excitement in the off-screen typical play session. I basically play one match. If I lose (and therefore don't advance) or I win but don't meet the historical objectives of the match, I play again.

I used to play WWE games back in my college and law school days. I'm not a big "fighting game" guy but the wrestling games were different and I watched wrestling back in the 90s and early aughts, so I played them. The older games were very fun. This game is amazing. The graphics are incredible. The creation tools are amazing too (you can create everything from a wrestler to a move to an arena to a championship belt). My path forward here is to play the "Attitude Era" game (which is sort of like a campaign where you play through different famous matches from the 90s and aughts). After that, I'll try to get the unlockable content that I haven't yet unlocked. And after that, I'll do the "WWE Universe" portion of the game, which essentially puts you in the role of creating your own WWE, complete with wrestlers, championships, events, etc. (think of it as a Madden version of career mode) and then playing out those matches.

And when I have a couple of hours, I will create The Greek Dog wrestler.

I know where you're coming from for sure. I think I owned every wrestling game made for the N64. Not the best graphics, but there's just something about seeing a custom made charater who is 7ft tall, 500lbs, and flying around like he's 160lbs while powerbombing everyone in sight.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,