Conquer Club

<Removed>

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby patrickaa317 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:13 pm

Woodruff wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
waauw wrote:seriously ooge? you're against international trade? You do realise what happens when you hinder or stop international trade?
  • Rise of inflation, because you lower the advantages of large scale production
  • Less foreign products. This may sound nice to you, but this means less availability french wines, middle-eastern oil, peruvian copper, ...
  • products the US imports will have to be produced domestically. This again may sound nice, but it has serious side-effects. The western world has a smaller secondary sector, meaning lower industrial polution. The US soil and air will get poluted faster and more easily.
  • Slower technological development. Technologies nowadays develop fast because we exchange high tech products on a global scale. Take that away and people in the US can't ameliorate european technologies for example.
  • Lower financial and monetary strength of the US. One of the reasons the US won the cold war is because of the Petrodollar. The US dollar is used as a reserve currency on a global scale. And to get these dollars businesses and countries worldwide intentionally trade with the US or invest in the US to get their hands on those safe USD currency papers(which of course is fading, because of the FED-policy).
  • Lesser trade, means lesser need of USD by foreigners. So all that USD money will be sold on the market, again increasing inflation but for a different reason this time.
  • Lesser trade, means lesser economic and financial influence over other countries. So if the US demands something from another country, they'll be less likely to comply to the american needs.
  • setting trade barriers for import, means that other countries will react and not accept american products anymore.

You are assuming Japan is doing well with it's protectionist policies. Yet what you don't realise is that it's one of the reasons the japanese have been in a deflationary spiral for decades. So stop being so mercantilist. That's a way of economic thought that faded away more than 200 years ago.

While I don't agree with making it a requirement, I certainly WOULD like to see more things produced here in the United States as opposed to abroad. We seem to have lost our production vision in chasing the almighty dollar.

I completely agree. Unfortunately Americans want to get paid $20/hour to make a widget, while foreign workers will get paid $3/hour to make widget. And customers want to pay $5 for said widget. Unfortunately it takes 30 mins production time to make said widget. So either they can pay $15 for American widget or $3 for foreign made widget. It's a vicious cycle.

Certainly, salary is an important component to the cost of widgets, and it is absolutely an affecting factor in the costs. As well, the desire for a low price by the consumer absolutely affects how much companies can have wiggle room against the salary, Yet I do believe that they are often less of factors than the desire for larger profits encouraging the moves outside of the United States and into places like China and Nigeria. It's not a coincidence that more and more of the money is resting with fewer and fewer.

Right, and if the salary differences weren't so great between countries, they could probably enjoy those larger profits while making things here.

Also, as far as the money resting with fewer, all the current policies really only hurt the small guys wanting to be big. No matter what regulations/policies are put in place, Wal-Mart will always be able to thrive. But the next innovater is the one who suffers by additional regs/policies. The big guy can weather the storm, the little and medium guys cannot.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:14 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
ooge wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
ooge wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
ooge wrote:
have fun waving your made in China American flag,you also are assuming I think shutting of all free trade is a good idea I am not of course.Just as the Japanese protect rice production in their country I don't think it is to much to ask to incentives American made products.

If you're only asking, that's fine, but I wouldn't be surprised if you meant more than just ask.

I know Big Balls with you its either a person supports the free market without question or they are a communist. your views being so absolute leaves no area for discussion.

Drop the rhetoric. There's voluntary exchange and involuntary exchange. The gray area is pretty small in this matter, so which do you support in regard to "buying Local"/"buying American"?

Drop the rhetoric? that ship has sailed. You saw to that..have a nice day!

Carry on being a useful idiot for the Repocrats.

Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby ooge on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:40 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
ooge wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
ooge wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
ooge wrote:
have fun waving your made in China American flag,you also are assuming I think shutting of all free trade is a good idea I am not of course.Just as the Japanese protect rice production in their country I don't think it is to much to ask to incentives American made products.

If you're only asking, that's fine, but I wouldn't be surprised if you meant more than just ask.

I know Big Balls with you its either a person supports the free market without question or they are a communist. your views being so absolute leaves no area for discussion.

Drop the rhetoric. There's voluntary exchange and involuntary exchange. The gray area is pretty small in this matter, so which do you support in regard to "buying Local"/"buying American"?

Drop the rhetoric? that ship has sailed. You saw to that..have a nice day!

Carry on being a useful idiot for the Repocrats.

Thank you for proving my view is acurate. :D
Captain ooge

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:45 pm

waauw wrote:The problem the US is having mostly is that the US educational system seems to be in decline(according to the rankings made by the UN), and the foreign "smartests and the brightest" have become less willing to come to the US because they see their own country progressing and because they see the US isn't as well of as it used to be. This will overtime seriously damage the innovational strength of the american economy if it isn't resolved. The reason why the PIIGS are having trouble is precisely because of this, because of a lesser quality in education leading to too few innovation.

I agree with all of this.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:47 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:Also, as far as the money resting with fewer, all the current policies really only hurt the small guys wanting to be big. No matter what regulations/policies are put in place, Wal-Mart will always be able to thrive. But the next innovater is the one who suffers by additional regs/policies. The big guy can weather the storm, the little and medium guys cannot.

Absolutely.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:22 am

This is a hell of a way to get around the fact they couldn't pass an amendment to the Iowa budget to eliminate Medicaid funding for abortions (a male no less):

http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2013/05/28/iowa-governor-will-personally-approve-every-medicaid-funded-abortion/

And here we have medically unnecessary procedures being FORCED on women prior to getting an abortion in Wisconsin. Those of you (Night Strike and Phatscotty in particular) who crow so much about Constitutional rights...how is this Constitutional?:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/12/scott-walker-ultrasound_n_3428077.html

Re: <Removed>

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:36 pm

So bedub, what kind of cowardly crap is this?

Re: <Removed>

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:48 pm

<removed>

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,