Conquer Club

<Removed>

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby tzor on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:46 am

Symmetry wrote:Emancipation?

Sorry, not only was it not Progressive it took place decades before the basic ideas of progressivism entered the Federal Government (1890's see Progressive Era). Lincoln was many things, but he was not a progressive.
Cadet tzor

Postby tzor on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:55 am

Woodruff wrote:Progressives are statists?

:-s Fascinating. Your lack of logic fascinates me Spock, I mean Woodruff.

Statism (French: étatisme) is a term used by political scientists to describe the belief that a government should control either economic or social policy or both to some degree.

Progressivism is a general political philosophy advocating or favoring social, political, and economic reform.

So progressivism is the "goal" and statism the means to that goal.
Cadet tzor

Postby tzor on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:01 am

Woodruff wrote:What the f*ck is going on with Republicans and rape? Have they all lost their fucking minds?

It is quite possible. It could also be media bias. I mean it wasn't as though Chris Matthews actually suggested on the air that Bill Clinton was so smart that if he wound up on Mars he would find a way to have sex with the martian women and produce little Martian Clintons.

And we are not the party whose members go around dressed in external female genitalia using the name for their internal female genitalia.

In this climate even a rational mention of the "just war theory" could be twisted into something evil and insane.
Cadet tzor

Postby Woodruff on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:27 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:His "explanation" really isn't helping him any:
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/state-legislator-criticized-for-comments-on-rape-hj76f4k-173587961.html

What the f*ck is going on with Republicans and rape? Have they all lost their fucking minds?

Sounds like perfectly rationale explanation and advise. It can be easy to claim rape if a person decides they regret having consensual sex (or want money, etc.).

Not making a comment like that would have been the smart thing NS. God forbid you should have a daughter and she gets raped. I don't think your words above would be your best response.

Isn't it amazing how rape has become a political tool for the Democrats?

Isn't it amazing how the Republicans seem to hate women?

So opposing abortion and opposing the government handing out birth control means Republicans hate women?

Was it your intention to throw out an irrelevant statement in order to distract from your own stupid statement, or was it just your stupid statements in action again?

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:His "explanation" really isn't helping him any:
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/state-legislator-criticized-for-comments-on-rape-hj76f4k-173587961.html

What the f*ck is going on with Republicans and rape? Have they all lost their fucking minds?

Sounds like perfectly rationale explanation and advise. It can be easy to claim rape if a person decides they regret having consensual sex (or want money, etc.).

Oh my God. Seriously, night strike. You believe that's a perfectly rational statement to make? As someone who purports to be a Christian, you REALLY need to re-think your perspective.

Having sex outside of marriage can lead to all sorts of issues, including someone having consensual sex and then later claiming it wasn't consensual. That's simply reality and has nothing to do with me being a Christian.

But making hateful statements seems to be more and more of a Christian thing. Well, purported Christians like you who don't actually appear to want to follow the things that Jesus said, I guess.

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:I'm sorry those words are just figments in your imaginary world Juan. In the real world, those words actually have meaning and consequences.

That must be why the recent tax cuts for businesses have created so many jobs then, right? That's why we're just swimming in employment?

You mean the business tax cuts that have been offset by increased regulations, Obamacare, Dodd-Frank, and constant rhetoric of raising taxes on any person or small business that makes over $200,000? Yep, lots of jobs are going to be created when all that big-government is bearing down.

You're so full of excuses it's amazing you ever give anything that's not an excuse. Now that I think on it, you might not.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:29 pm

tzor wrote:
Woodruff wrote:What the f*ck is going on with Republicans and rape? Have they all lost their fucking minds?

It is quite possible. It could also be media bias.

The media forces Republicans to say things that are hateful to women?

tzor wrote:In this climate even a rational mention of the "just war theory" could be twisted into something evil and insane.

Except that we have the actual, hateful statements available to us. They're not being twisted, except by the hateful Republicans like yourself who are trying to justify those hateful statements in the name of political clout.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:58 pm

Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:15 pm

Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:34 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Image

Says the guy voting for Mitt Romney. You're just as guilty of "costing freedom" as anyone voting for Obama, Phatscotty.

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:03 am

Phatscotty wrote:Image

Doug Wright wrote: I wish my moderate Republican friends would simply be honest. They all say they’re voting for Romney because of his economic policies (tenuous and ill-formed as they are), and that they disagree with him on gay rights. Fine. Then look me in the eye, speak with a level clear voice, and say, “My taxes and take-home pay mean more than your fundamental civil rights, the sanctity of your marriage, your right to visit an ailing spouse in the hospital, your dignity as a citizen of this country, your healthcare, your right to inherit, the mental welfare and emotional well-being of your youth, and your very personhood.”

It’s like voting for George Wallace during the Civil Rights movements, and apologizing for his racism. You’re still complicit. You’re still perpetuating anti-gay legislation and cultural homophobia. You don’t get to walk away clean, because you say you “disagree” with your candidate on these issues.

"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Postby Woodruff on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:17 am

Postby Woodruff on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:40 am

Postby Night Strike on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:17 pm

He's been campaigning for Akin several times.
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:48 pm

Night Strike wrote:

That doesn't really change the point of the article, does it?

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:55 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

That doesn't really change the point of the article, does it?

I bet Huckabee would get a thrill up his leg if Akin won.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby 2dimes on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:51 pm

No one would give up their freedom for a cell phone.

Now a smart phone on the other hand. 8-[
Corporal 2dimes

Postby tzor on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Woodruff wrote:Except that we have the actual, hateful statements available to us. They're not being twisted, except by the hateful Republicans like yourself who are trying to justify those hateful statements in the name of political clout.

We have statements; whether they are "hateful" or not is a matter of opinion and bias.

We also have statements from Democrats; here too whether they are "hateful" or not lies in the eye of the beholder.

That's a D&D monster, in case you forgotten.

The "Eyes" have it.

The "Eyes" of Texas is upon you.

There is no "I" in Texas, silly.
Cadet tzor

Re:

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:04 pm

2dimes wrote:No one would give up their freedom for a cell phone.

you need to get out more ;)

2dimes wrote:Now a smart phone on the other hand. 8-[

better....

Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:00 am

tzor wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Except that we have the actual, hateful statements available to us. They're not being twisted, except by the hateful Republicans like yourself who are trying to justify those hateful statements in the name of political clout.

We have statements; whether they are "hateful" or not is a matter of opinion and bias.

We also have statements from Democrats; here too whether they are "hateful" or not lies in the eye of the beholder.

That's a D&D monster, in case you forgotten.

The "Eyes" have it.

The "Eyes" of Texas is upon you.

There is no "I" in Texas, silly.

You need to take tap dancing lessons, because you did a really shitty job of it there.

Postby tzor on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Woodruff wrote:You need to take tap dancing lessons, because you did a really shitty job of it there.

But that's DISCO ... that's why it's shitty.

Look, see, feet aren't moving and I point up every other measure.

It may not be great but at least I'm "staying alive."
Cadet tzor

Postby 2dimes on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:39 pm

I laughed pretty hard at the Obamaphone lady.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:43 pm

tzor wrote:
Woodruff wrote:You need to take tap dancing lessons, because you did a really shitty job of it there.

But that's DISCO ... that's why it's shitty.

Look, see, feet aren't moving and I point up every other measure.

It may not be great but at least I'm "staying alive."

God Damn You for reminding me how old I am. <laughing>

Postby pmchugh on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:18 pm

The Democratic party.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Bodenweiser, indicted on sex charges, makes bail

Bodenweiser defeated incumbent Republican Sen. Joe Booth in the September primary to become the GOP nominee for the 19th Senate District on the strength of social conservative support, and quickly got a heartfelt endorsement from former U.S. Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell.

In a video posted by the Sussex Countian from the night she appeared at a fundraiser for Bodenweiser, O’Donnell called him a “great man that deserves our support and that we need to send to Dover. Eric has the kind of character that will stand up against corruption, that will do what is right in the face of opposition, in the face of pressure.”

Postby Nobunaga on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:54 pm

... George Will writing about entitlements, with some surprising facts (to me, anyway).

... Applies to this thread - give it a read. It's brief.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/w ... JMY5MXom7g

Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby Woodruff on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:03 pm

Nobunaga wrote:... George Will writing about entitlements, with some surprising facts (to me, anyway).
... Applies to this thread - give it a read. It's brief.
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/w ... JMY5MXom7g

While I don't necessarily agree with some of the conclusions that were drawn here, it is a good article. And I will say that I have always had a tremendous amount of respect for George Will. He IS one of the good ones.

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,