Conquer Club

<Removed>

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:^



You have a presidential candidate who's filthy rich and hides his money. He's also a senior member of his church. And his choice for VP is Ayn Rand's protege. That's not a "big tent." That's the definition of hypocrisy.


that is the definition of coming together despite differences. You might recognize it as "diversity". Only a truly bigoted mind such as your own would assume that they cannot work together because in your mind, they are "different" and must be separated, and if they work together, they are "Hypocrites".


#-o
They don't have different life philosophy's:
They have philosophy's that are in opposition to each other.
That's the point.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:16 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:^



You have a presidential candidate who's filthy rich and hides his money. He's also a senior member of his church. And his choice for VP is Ayn Rand's protege. That's not a "big tent." That's the definition of hypocrisy.


that is the definition of coming together despite differences. You might recognize it as "diversity". Only a truly bigoted mind such as your own would assume that they cannot work together because in your mind, they are "different" and must be separated, and if they work together, they are "Hypocrites".


#-o
They don't have different life philosophy's:
They have philosophy's that are in opposition to each other.
That's the point.


It seems that your point is Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan do not have a bigoted bone in their body and are capable of compromise and reaching across aisles and working with anyone of any race, gender, religion, or creed.
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 3713
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (11) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (16)
General Contribution (2)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby jimboston on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Did anyone figure out yet what the Republican Party represents?

I don't think either of the two big parties represent me!
User avatar
Private 1st Class jimboston
 
Posts: 1073
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: Boston (Area), Massachusetts; U.S.A.
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Phatscotty wrote:It seems that your point is Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan do not have a bigoted bone in their body and are capable of compromise and reaching across aisles and working with anyone of any race, gender, religion, or creed.


Ok, try it this way.

What parts of Ayn Rand's philosophy of Objectification, Selfishness, and Individualism are comparable with Christianity?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby john9blue on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:48 pm

juan, i have a hard time understanding how you can be so ardently opposed to both christianity and objectivism.

i think the reason is because both are associated with right-wing politics, and you have been taught that "right wing = bad"

do you realize the contradictions in your own views?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:06 pm

john9blue wrote:juan, i have a hard time understanding how you can be so ardently opposed to both christianity and objectivism.

i think the reason is because both are associated with right-wing politics, and you have been taught that "right wing = bad"

It's illegal to teach liberalism or conservatism in public school. No one taught me politics. This thread has pretty much proven that the far-right is bad. Nobody can defend these politicians.


Both are associated with far Right-Wing politics, but that doesn't mean that they are compatible world views.
The word that I chose was Objectification, but I'll work with Objectivism - it means the pursuit of your own happiness based upon your own greed or selfishness. Ayn Rand, the new darling of the far right, taught this... and this is what Paul Ryan has based his trickle-down economic policy.
That's directly opposed to the teachings of Christ, who taught charity and forgiveness and to give away all worldly possessions. Then he sacrificed himself on a cross for everyone else - his own happiness didn't enter into it. At least, that's the view of Christianity.

Image

SACRIFICE IS THE OPPOSITE OF OBJECTIVISM

john9blue wrote:do you realize the contradictions in your own views?

You're saying that Atheists can't care about other people? You must be new.
Amazing that you couldn't see the contradictions in the stated views of the Republican Party without big 'ol hypocritical me to help.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:08 am

Image

What was the Republican Party.

Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby john9blue on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:16 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:It's illegal to teach liberalism or conservatism in public school. No one taught me politics. This thread has pretty much proven that the far-right is bad. Nobody can defend these politicians.


Both are associated with far Right-Wing politics, but that doesn't mean that they are compatible world views.
The word that I chose was Objectification, but I'll work with Objectivism - it means the pursuit of your own happiness based upon your own greed or selfishness. Ayn Rand, the new darling of the far right, taught this... and this is what Paul Ryan has based his trickle-down economic policy.
That's directly opposed to the teachings of Christ, who taught charity and forgiveness and to give away all worldly possessions. Then he sacrificed himself on a cross for everyone else - his own happiness didn't enter into it. At least, that's the view of Christianity.

Image

SACRIFICE IS THE OPPOSITE OF OBJECTIVISM


who said anything about public school?

Juan_Bottom wrote:You're saying that Atheists can't care about other people? You must be new.
Amazing that you couldn't see the contradictions in the stated views of the Republican Party without big 'ol hypocritical me to help.


i'm aware that many republicans are hypocritical pieces of shit. but, for you to attack two philosophies that are (as you claim) opposites is hypocritical as well.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:56 pm

john9blue wrote:i'm aware that many republicans are hypocritical pieces of shit. but, for you to attack two philosophies that are (as you claim) opposites is hypocritical as well.


Why?
I've called myself a follower of Christ on this very forum. The phrase came from Dawkins, who got it from Thomas Jefferson, and Jefferson called religion 'organized shit.' The Philosophy of Jesus is just fine, it's the religion that repulses me, not the philosophy.
Charity is a very basic and hardwired human trait. Greed is as well, but evolutionary biology shows us that Charity is the stronger and better of the two.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby john9blue on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:00 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Why?
I've called myself a follower of Christ on this very forum. The phrase came from Dawkins, who got it from Thomas Jefferson, and Jefferson called religion 'organized shit.'


should i even bother asking for a source on this one?

he might link me to freethinkers.com or wearetoosmartandlogicalforreligion.com or some other garbage site that he visits
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:08 pm

john9blue wrote:he might link me to freethinkers.com or wearetoosmartandlogicalforreligion.com or some other garbage site that he visits


Why would I do anything for you? I don't even like you. And you hate intellectualism. I've realized that there is no point in talking to someone who attacks people just because they are smarter.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Night Strike on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:19 pm

Does anyone find it extremely ironic that Juan hates Christianity in the Republican Party, demanding that they keep religion out of the public, but then also hates it when someone cites a secular philosophy involved in the party?
Image
User avatar
Captain Night Strike
 
Posts: 8512
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby john9blue on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:23 pm

Night Strike wrote:Does anyone find it extremely ironic that Juan hates Christianity in the Republican Party, demanding that they keep religion out of the public, but then also hates it when someone cites a secular philosophy involved in the party?


you don't understand. the republican party is WRONG, no matter what they do. they were wrong back when they freed the slaves, too.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:33 pm

john9blue wrote:you don't understand. the republican party is WRONG, no matter what they do. they were wrong back when they freed the slaves, too.


Though that was the Republican party, they were the Liberal Party at that time. The two parties switched members and ideologies during the Civil Rights movement.
So through it was the Republican party, it was still my team.


Night Strike wrote:Does anyone find it extremely ironic that Juan hates Christianity in the Republican Party, demanding that they keep religion out of the public, but then also hates it when someone cites a secular philosophy involved in the party?

I don't think that you know what "Ironic" means.
It's ironic that your party advocates both a religion based upon Sacrifice and Charity AND a philosophical system based on Individualism and Greed. The irony here is that they are opposites.

There's nothing ironic about not approving of either.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Night Strike on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:03 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Does anyone find it extremely ironic that Juan hates Christianity in the Republican Party, demanding that they keep religion out of the public, but then also hates it when someone cites a secular philosophy involved in the party?

I don't think that you know what "Ironic" means.
It's ironic that your party advocates both a religion based upon Sacrifice and Charity AND a philosophical system based on Individualism and Greed. The irony here is that they are opposites.

There's nothing ironic about not approving of either.


Individualism is infinitely better and more productive than governmental collectivism. Once you create wealth, people then have the choice of being greedy with their own money or giving it to others. They don't need to be forced to hand it over to the government. That's why both philosophies can exist in the same party: people have the freedom to choose how they want to live without being forced by the government.
Image
User avatar
Captain Night Strike
 
Posts: 8512
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Night Strike wrote: Once you create wealth, people then have the choice of being greedy with their own money or giving it to others.


The flaw with your premise here is that the mega-rich who have all the money didn't create the money. Labor creates the money, then they take it. And furthermore, in our economy consumers are the greater of those two, because nothing happens until someone buys something. But guess what? Laborers are also consumers... and they can't afford anything because the system that you're advocating keeps money out of their hands.


Abraham Lincoln wrote:Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.




Night Strike wrote:That's why both philosophies can exist in the same party: people have the freedom to choose how they want to live without being forced by the government.

Total Bullshit & attempting to justify your own personal greed. Jesus clearly said that for the love of money you go to hell.

Stephen Colbert wrote:“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.”
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Night Strike on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:31 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
Night Strike wrote: Once you create wealth, people then have the choice of being greedy with their own money or giving it to others.


The flaw with your premise here is that the mega-rich who have all the money didn't create the money. Labor creates the money, then they take it. And furthermore, in our economy consumers are the greater of those two, because nothing happens until someone buys something. But guess what? Laborers are also consumers... and they can't afford anything because the system that you're advocating keeps money out of their hands.


And the laborers get paid their wages.


Juan_Bottom wrote:
Night Strike wrote:That's why both philosophies can exist in the same party: people have the freedom to choose how they want to live without being forced by the government.

Total Bullshit & attempting to justify your own personal greed. Jesus clearly said that for the love of money you go to hell.

Stephen Colbert wrote:“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.”


How is it my personal greed? I would rather donate my money directly to charity than to the government. It's not the government's job to force people to give money to others (and the government can't be considered charity anyway). Furthermore, "love of money" is not equal to wanting to keep the money you work for.
Image
User avatar
Captain Night Strike
 
Posts: 8512
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Night Strike wrote:And the laborers get paid their wages.

Call it what it is, a pittance.
And worse, America is known for it's corporate welfare. We subsidize company's who use our money to replace worker with robots. Who send our jobs to foriegn shores. The Republican Party insists on dropping support for financial aid for colleges, so we lose new tech jobs to Europe and Asia.
We've discussed this to death. Trickle-Down economics didn't work under Reagan. It didn't work for the 8 years of Bush. It's not gonna work under Romney.
America's wages have been in decline since 1970, which is also the peak of the Unions. Republicans also hate Unions: and oh don't they love to hate organized anything but religion. Hate Organized Labor all you like; but no one can deny that our country was healthy and prosperous at their peak.
Now you say that the reason wages have fallen is because technology is making work easier. I disagree, but I don't even care about that point, because it's irrelevant.
No matter how easy the work is, if you don't pay workers a fair wage, they won't be able to buy anything, and your economy will fall to pieces. You talk a fine talk about "wealth redistribution" being bad and forcibly bringing the money back to the working class, but you find it irrelevant that the wealth was redistributed upwards for the past 40 years. We're rapidly reaching the point where workers can't afford to purchase American goods, and it's a historical fact that every time that happens, a fight or a revolution breaks out. And I'm not talking about that sissy Tea Party bullshit; Tea Party's are for little girls with Imaginary friends. I'm not even talking about occupy sh*t, because they're not getting sh*t done either. I'm talking about direct action, violent strikes, and class clashes. You're preaching the point break of fighting for bread and roses all over again. Because this is history and this has all happened before. You want all the wealth to concentrate at the top, that's cool, but your argument is pointless.
I know that you're a reactionary, or your party is. And they say that the problem is that government is too being and that it's in the way. But I can assure you, that government is not the problem; it's the solution. It worked under Clinton, and it's working again under Obama.
Without government representing the needs of the middle class; they're left with direct action. The easiest way to piss off people is to give them a privilege, and then take it away for no reason other than to give the rich another subsidy. Historically we've denied the poor or created poor by denying them rights that we gave to the rich, and historically, we gave those same rich a goddam worker's fight. If you don't believe me, then you need to read more American history. Or you can ask Saxi and I'm certain he will tell you the same thing.


Franklin D. Roosevelt wrote:“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerated the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than the democratic state itself. That in its essence is fascism: ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power.”


This is a beautiful quote because it describes what's happening and how FDR had to deal with it before. You know, several of the more prominent founders of America loudly chided about how banks and corporations were our countries only real enemies. Again, it's history.

What your party gets is millions of dollars in anonymous contributions. Then they offer out billions in no-bids, welfare, subsidies, tax credits, and give aways to private corporations and large companies. Those are owned by jerk-offs like the Koch brothers, who then give more millions more in anonymous contributions to the Republican Party. It's a cycle. And furthermore, both the Repubs and the Rich have spent years and millions to propagandize the stupid party and it's base into believing that the poor and middle class are the problem with America's decline, and that big businesses are some kind of solution. Well, that and a reduction of taxes for the rich who create jobs somehow by hiring butlers.

The lies are so dumb that they are laughable. I don't understand how after all these long, difficult years of failure on the part of the Republican platform of trickle-down and tax reductions - how can anyone believe this garbage anymore? We do our job - we work like motherf*ckers and we produce. And yet the wealth continues to concentrate at the top instead of a fair division for the people who's labor creates the wealth... it's not a coincidence that the decline of America matches so well to the redistribution of wealth to the 1%; we had a similar pattern right before the Depression to the pattern right before the Recession. We're not what's wrong - your party is. And so are the wealthy.
You're preaching the path of actual, physical and open class warfare. I don't know if that means a Mary Harris Jones type of "stab the rich with knives" or what. I think that the Middle East's use of Facebook and Twitter is a window into how we would handle such a scenario, but that's irrelevant as well. Your party needs to get out of the way or stop being so retardedly partisan and far right.
And I'd like to re-iterate the message of the DNC that just because you support the workers doesn't mean that you are an opponent of business. You can be pro-business and pro-worker at the same time. We just don't respect those who've rigged the game. For example: There's no reason whatsoever why we should continue to subsidize the big oil companies. They're making money hand-over fist, and the execs are making multi-million dollar bonuses only because they don't know what the f*ck else to do with all that taxpayer cash.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:24 am

Image

Foreign car though.

Image
http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-rachel-m ... 6#48980316

15% of Republicans credit Romney with killing Bin Laden. wow - Ohio/NC

56% aren't sure in NC.....
47% aren't sure in Ohio.....

wow
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:47 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:
Night Strike wrote:And the laborers get paid their wages.

Call it what it is, a pittance.
And worse, America is known for it's corporate welfare. We subsidize company's who use our money to replace worker with robots. Who send our jobs to foriegn shores. The Republican Party insists on dropping support for financial aid for colleges, so we lose new tech jobs to Europe and Asia.
We've discussed this to death. Trickle-Down economics didn't work under Reagan. It didn't work for the 8 years of Bush. It's not gonna work under Romney.
America's wages have been in decline since 1970, which is also the peak of the Unions. Republicans also hate Unions: and oh don't they love to hate organized anything but religion. Hate Organized Labor all you like; but no one can deny that our country was healthy and prosperous at their peak.
Now you say that the reason wages have fallen is because technology is making work easier. I disagree, but I don't even care about that point, because it's irrelevant.
No matter how easy the work is, if you don't pay workers a fair wage, they won't be able to buy anything, and your economy will fall to pieces. You talk a fine talk about "wealth redistribution" being bad and forcibly bringing the money back to the working class, but you find it irrelevant that the wealth was redistributed upwards for the past 40 years. We're rapidly reaching the point where workers can't afford to purchase American goods, and it's a historical fact that every time that happens, a fight or a revolution breaks out. And I'm not talking about that sissy Tea Party bullshit; Tea Party's are for little girls with Imaginary friends. I'm not even talking about occupy sh*t, because they're not getting sh*t done either. I'm talking about direct action, violent strikes, and class clashes. You're preaching the point break of fighting for bread and roses all over again. Because this is history and this has all happened before. You want all the wealth to concentrate at the top, that's cool, but your argument is pointless.
I know that you're a reactionary, or your party is. And they say that the problem is that government is too being and that it's in the way. But I can assure you, that government is not the problem; it's the solution. It worked under Clinton, and it's working again under Obama.
Without government representing the needs of the middle class; they're left with direct action. The easiest way to piss off people is to give them a privilege, and then take it away for no reason other than to give the rich another subsidy. Historically we've denied the poor or created poor by denying them rights that we gave to the rich, and historically, we gave those same rich a goddam worker's fight. If you don't believe me, then you need to read more American history. Or you can ask Saxi and I'm certain he will tell you the same thing.


Franklin D. Roosevelt wrote:“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerated the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than the democratic state itself. That in its essence is fascism: ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power.”


This is a beautiful quote because it describes what's happening and how FDR had to deal with it before. You know, several of the more prominent founders of America loudly chided about how banks and corporations were our countries only real enemies. Again, it's history.

What your party gets is millions of dollars in anonymous contributions. Then they offer out billions in no-bids, welfare, subsidies, tax credits, and give aways to private corporations and large companies. Those are owned by jerk-offs like the Koch brothers, who then give more millions more in anonymous contributions to the Republican Party. It's a cycle. And furthermore, both the Repubs and the Rich have spent years and millions to propagandize the stupid party and it's base into believing that the poor and middle class are the problem with America's decline, and that big businesses are some kind of solution. Well, that and a reduction of taxes for the rich who create jobs somehow by hiring butlers.

The lies are so dumb that they are laughable. I don't understand how after all these long, difficult years of failure on the part of the Republican platform of trickle-down and tax reductions - how can anyone believe this garbage anymore? We do our job - we work like motherf*ckers and we produce. And yet the wealth continues to concentrate at the top instead of a fair division for the people who's labor creates the wealth... it's not a coincidence that the decline of America matches so well to the redistribution of wealth to the 1%; we had a similar pattern right before the Depression to the pattern right before the Recession. We're not what's wrong - your party is. And so are the wealthy.
You're preaching the path of actual, physical and open class warfare. I don't know if that means a Mary Harris Jones type of "stab the rich with knives" or what. I think that the Middle East's use of Facebook and Twitter is a window into how we would handle such a scenario, but that's irrelevant as well. Your party needs to get out of the way or stop being so retardedly partisan and far right.
And I'd like to re-iterate the message of the DNC that just because you support the workers doesn't mean that you are an opponent of business. You can be pro-business and pro-worker at the same time. We just don't respect those who've rigged the game. For example: There's no reason whatsoever why we should continue to subsidize the big oil companies. They're making money hand-over fist, and the execs are making multi-million dollar bonuses only because they don't know what the f*ck else to do with all that taxpayer cash.


That's a great rant and I agree with some of it. However, you have applied it to only one political party and it should be applied to both.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6847
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby patrickaa317 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:48 am

Wait, so the people you say should get paid more do jobs that robots can do? Seems to me that if you can be replaced by a machin, the guy making the machines should be getting a lot more money.


Ase you saying you want to go back to the days when all clothing was stitched by hand rather than the day where people use technology to make or lives more efficient and productive? So rather than hand knitting socks, people are looking for cures for cancer.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
User avatar
Sergeant patrickaa317
 
Posts: 2269
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:21 am

Let's parse this out (at the risk of wasting time):

Juan_Bottom wrote:And worse, America is known for it's corporate welfare. We subsidize company's who use our money to replace worker with robots. Who send our jobs to foriegn shores.


Corporate welfare is the mantra of both parties. In case you forgot, the Obama administration and Congress passed two of the most corporate-friendly laws in history: the Affordable Care Act and the bailout. Further, companies move jobs overseas for any number of reasons, including, but not limited to, more affordable salaries, less "red tape," and lower tax rates.

Juan_Bottom wrote:The Republican Party insists on dropping support for financial aid for colleges, so we lose new tech jobs to Europe and Asia.


I was unaware that there was a direct correlation between a lack of financial aid for college and the loss of tech jobs in the United States. Can you provide evidence of that correlation? Further, are the Democrats supporting financial aid that is contingent upon majoring in "tech" majors? That would be an interesting law to implement and enforce.

Juan_Bottom wrote:America's wages have been in decline since 1970, which is also the peak of the Unions. Republicans also hate Unions: and oh don't they love to hate organized anything but religion. Hate Organized Labor all you like; but no one can deny that our country was healthy and prosperous at their peak.


American wages have been in decline since 1970? Do you have data for this?

Juan_Bottom wrote: And they say that the problem is that government is too being and that it's in the way. But I can assure you, that government is not the problem; it's the solution. It worked under Clinton, and it's working again under Obama.
Without government representing the needs of the middle class; they're left with direct action.


I'm not certain I understand how you can reconcile your corporate welfare comment with the comment that government is the solution. This has been mentioned numerous times, but when crony capitalism is in effect, relying upon the government is pretty stupid.

Juan_Bottom wrote:What your party gets is millions of dollars in anonymous contributions. Then they offer out billions in no-bids, welfare, subsidies, tax credits, and give aways to private corporations and large companies. Those are owned by jerk-offs like the Koch brothers, who then give more millions more in anonymous contributions to the Republican Party. It's a cycle. And furthermore, both the Repubs and the Rich have spent years and millions to propagandize the stupid party and it's base into believing that the poor and middle class are the problem with America's decline, and that big businesses are some kind of solution. Well, that and a reduction of taxes for the rich who create jobs somehow by hiring butlers.


Why have you limited your rant to Republicans? Why not include Democrats in the mix? Do you think they don't get millions of dollars in anonymous contributions? Do you think they don't offer billions in no-bides, welfare, subsidies, tax credits, and give aways to private corporations and large companies? Do you think those companies aren't owned by jerk-offs who give millions in anonymous contributios to the Democratic party? I'm all for your outrage, but to limit it to the Republicans is ridiculous.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6847
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby GreecePwns on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:58 am

You all realize that if robots did every single job, no one would have the money to buy being made by said robots, right?

There are limitations to everything.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
User avatar
Corporal GreecePwns
 
Posts: 2655
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: Lawn Guy Lint
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:24 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Image

Foreign car though.


United States

* Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi, Tupelo, Mississippi – Toyota Corolla The facility will be named "Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Mississippi, Inc."[5]

* Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky, Inc., (TMMK) is located in Georgetown. Engine manufacture - 2GR-FE and 2AR-FE. Vehicle manufacture and assembly - Camry, Hybrid Camry, Avalon and Venza.

* Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas, Inc (TMMTX) is located in San Antonio. Vehicle manufacture and assembly - Tundra & Tacoma.

* Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana, Inc. (TMMI) is located halfway between Princeton and Fort Branch. Vehicle manufacture and assembly - Sequoia, Sienna & Highlander.

* Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama, Inc. (TMMAL), is located in Huntsville. Engine manufacture 1GR-FE, 1UR-FE and 3UR-FE. Engines mostly for TMMTX and some TMMI.

* Toyota Motor Manufacturing West Virginia, Inc. (TMMWV), is located in Buffalo. Engine manufacture 2GR-FE, 2ZR-FE and 1AR-F


Yeah, so "foreign."


Some people's nationalist worldviews have yet to adapt to the reality of globalization.
User avatar
Major BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 5151
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:29 am

GreecePwns wrote:You all realize that if robots did every single job, no one would have the money to buy being made by said robots, right?

There are limitations to everything.


If all employed = robots, then would there be any other means to earn income?

Who's saying that the robots would do all the jobs, i.e. manufacturing, writing, finance, art, politics, etc.?
(sounds like a dystopian science fiction)
User avatar
Major BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 5151
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

PreviousNext

Return to A Place for People to Practice How to Love

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users