Conquer Club

THE GREAT DEBATE! WHY IT ONLY MATTERS TO REPUBLICANS!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: THE GREAT DEBATE! WHY IT ONLY MATTERS TO REPUBLICANS!

Postby Woodruff on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:25 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:Lowering taxes worked for Reagan because at the time we were doing pretty well and 70% tax - which is what the rich were paying then - was too much of a burden. So, Reagan lowered tax rates - but he also took away some business deductions when he lowered the rates - realized he'd made them TOO LOW, and raised them back up a couple notches.

Obama's plan to raise taxes back to Reagan rates because they can afford it is FAIR for the country. They had years of lower rates because everyone else was able to take up the slack. Everyone else is not currently able to take up the slack.

"The rich" (to 10%) currently pay 45% of the tax burden in the United States? How is that fair?

Do the rich have 45% of the money in the United States? I honestly don't know the answer to that, but if so, that seems perfectly fair. It seems like math too.

Do you know the answer to that?

Nobody has the answer to this? Night Strike?

Top 20% of Americans own 85% of the wealth.

But do not confuse income (money earned per year) with wealth (assets). It's more difficult to tax assets when such assets are not disposed of.

Excellent point. I would change my point to be "Do the rich have 45% of the income in the United States?". Do we know that? Is it possible to know that?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Re: THE GREAT DEBATE! WHY IT ONLY MATTERS TO REPUBLICANS!

Postby Nobunaga on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:08 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:Lowering taxes worked for Reagan because at the time we were doing pretty well and 70% tax - which is what the rich were paying then - was too much of a burden. So, Reagan lowered tax rates - but he also took away some business deductions when he lowered the rates - realized he'd made them TOO LOW, and raised them back up a couple notches.

Obama's plan to raise taxes back to Reagan rates because they can afford it is FAIR for the country. They had years of lower rates because everyone else was able to take up the slack. Everyone else is not currently able to take up the slack.

"The rich" (to 10%) currently pay 45% of the tax burden in the United States? How is that fair?

Do the rich have 45% of the money in the United States? I honestly don't know the answer to that, but if so, that seems perfectly fair. It seems like math too.

Do you know the answer to that?

Nobody has the answer to this? Night Strike?

Top 20% of Americans own 85% of the wealth.

... Anybody know how this compares to other nations in the west? I know successful Americans pay the largest percentage of actual total taxes paid compared to other nations... but not the percentage of wealth earned.

Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,