Conquer Club

race differences (from McDonald's thread)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: race differences (from McDonald's thread)

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:06 pm

john9blue wrote:i read through the thread and the only other person who has a solid grasp of statistics is AOG

what has this forum become

Is there some phantom post by AoG showing some sort of statistical analysis proving that the average black-skinned person is more athletic than the average white-skinned person? If there is, can someone please show it to me.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby john9blue on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:24 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
john9blue wrote:i read through the thread and the only other person who has a solid grasp of statistics is AOG

Is there some phantom post by AoG showing some sort of statistical analysis proving that the average black-skinned person is more athletic than the average white-skinned person? If there is, can someone please show it to me.

statistics isn't about proof, it's about probability and inference.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:29 pm

john9blue wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

Is there some phantom post by AoG shwing sort of statistical analysis showing the probability and inferring that the average black-skinned person is more athletic than the average white-skinned person? If there is, can someone please show it to me.

You guys are slippery fucks, but I'll pin you down yet.

Postby Neoteny on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:39 pm

lol.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:21 pm

Good thing I'm not an actuary.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby john9blue on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:40 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
john9blue wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

Is there some phantom post by AoG shwing sort of statistical analysis showing the probability and inferring that the average black-skinned person is more athletic than the average white-skinned person? If there is, can someone please show it to me.

well i'd like to hear your explanation for the disproportionate amount of blacks in professional sports...

unless you are simply rejecting my explanation without providing one of your own, which would be very atheisty of you
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
Captain john9blue

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:50 pm

john9blue wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
john9blue wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

well i'd like to hear your explanation for the disproportionate amount of blacks in professional sports...

unless you are simply rejecting my explanation without providing one of your own, which would be very atheisty of you

I did posit one theory if you remember, I just didn't form it entirely so here goes:

Black skinned people are on average lower income than white skinned.
Lower income individuals are physically and perhaps psychologically "tougher" than higher income individuals due to harder living conditions.
Physically/mentally tough individuals will perform better at professional sports.
Therefore, there are more black skinned professional athletes than white skinned.

At least it's something and seems to ring with truth. It has obvious holes but no facet can be thrown out as undeniably false. The point is that the color of skin is purely situational. Its also assumed that this example applies to the US. I think I am going to actually rest my case on this one guys, it's becoming a dead subject.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:07 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
ITT: AoG thinks that 76% of the NBA (or 342 of 450 players) consisting of black men means that the average black person is more athletic than the average white person.

oh, so NOW you understand my argument

You have to admit TGD, he's got his right to his opinion.

That blacks have bigger muscles than whites? On average?

No that he chooses to believe that the fact that the NBA is composed of 76% black people is enough evidence that the average black person is more athletic than the average white person. It has all other kinds of implications but it's not our problem. :D

Hockey?

:twisted:
Major Phatscotty

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:49 am

john9blue wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
john9blue wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

I explained it in a previous post. So did Player. So did FT.

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:23 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
ITT: AoG thinks that 76% of the NBA (or 342 of 450 players) consisting of black men means that the average black person is more athletic than the average white person.

oh, so NOW you understand my argument

You have to admit TGD, he's got his right to his opinion.

That blacks have bigger muscles than whites? On average?

No that he chooses to believe that the fact that the NBA is composed of 76% black people is enough evidence that the average black person is more athletic than the average white person. It has all other kinds of implications but it's not our problem. :D

Hockey?

Yeah well that one we can squash pretty quickly. Considering the cost difference between hockey gear and say.. a cheap basketball, one is exceedingly easier for a poor kid to get started on.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Timminz on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:50 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Hockey?

Yeah well that one we can squash pretty quickly. Considering the cost difference between hockey gear and say.. a cheap basketball, one is exceedingly easier for a poor kid to get started on.

And again, I will point you to soccer.
Captain Timminz

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:02 pm

Timminz wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Hockey?

And again, I will point you to soccer.

Tbh, I am not all that familiar with the statistics regarding soccer, or much other sports for that matter. So far I am just trusting the stats given on here as accurate. Pick a country regarding soccer and the proportions and we can go from there?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby john9blue on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:43 pm

thegreekdog wrote:I explained it in a previous post. So did Player. So did FT.

i didn't see yours. is it the same as funky's? because his argument seemed pretty solid.
Captain john9blue

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,