Conquer Club

AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Favorite Character Past and Current Season?

Rick
7%
Lori
2%
Carl
2%
Andrea
No votes
Dale
3%
T-Dog
No votes
Carol
5%
Hershel
2%
Glenn
7%
Maggie
No votes
Beth
2%
Daryl
44%
Merle
3%
Morgan
2%
Shane
5%
Michonne
15%
The Governor
No votes
Milton
No votes
Tyrese
No votes
Sasha
2%

Total votes : 59

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby CreepersWiener on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:11 pm

Army of GOD wrote:f*ck Carl, he's such a piece of shit character.

Also, can someone fill me in on the last two minutes of the show? I had to poop so badly. Not even kidding.

The last two minutes...just look at your poop!
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:17 pm

Also, can someone fill me in on the last two minutes of the show? I had to poop so badly. Not even kidding.

They were driving, they passed Morgan in that building with Away with you on it who was putting the dead on a stretcher to show he was going to keep clearing, then they passed by where they got stuck, went on the opposite side though, then drove past a torn up torso, found the guy's bag who was chasing them, associated that these two were associated, took the bag and drove off towards the prison.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby CreepersWiener on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Was that it? Are we done seeing Morgan? He's not joining the group?

I am upset over this. I was hoping Andrea would die and would be replaced by Morgan!

However, Michonne has earned the "Carl stamp of approval" now. Carl...should've just let him go into that cafe full of walkers by himfuckself!

I guess this episode was just about getting a bunch of guns to fight the Governor...and that's probably all we will see of Morgan, I reckon.

I am bummed!
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby CreepersWiener on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:06 pm

I had to laugh at this paragraph in a review:

Morgan leaves discordant messages everywhere, scrawled in a font size popularized by the homeless. Scribblings also indicate his son Duane turned. That's actually called puberty ā€” or in Hollywood vernacular, a career-killer for child actors.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/inde ... organ.html
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:50 pm

Im rewatching this week's episode and I am just now noticing, I feel like Michone relates better to kids because she associated with Ginny (the Gov's daughter) and treated her like a scared little girl and tried to comfort her (until of course she found out that Ginny was actually a walker). Am I the only one that thinks this?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:00 am

new guy1 wrote:

They were driving, they passed Morgan in that building with Away with you on it who was putting the dead on a stretcher to show he was going to keep clearing, then they passed by where they got stuck, went on the opposite side though, then drove past a torn up torso, found the guy's bag who was chasing them, associated that these two were associated, took the bag and drove off towards the prison.

oh, alright.

I voiced my disapproval of Rick's dickishness at the beginning of the episode to my roommates. It's kind of annoying. Hopefully Carl dies because of it.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:32 am

1. IF ONE MORE EPISODE ENDS WITH A MUSICAL MONTAGE.

2. I am so sick of Rick's hygiene issues. He starts every episode looking like Mr. Clean but during every commercial break he apparently rolls around in a pile of shit and piss. Also, I've never seen someone in more desperate need of a tan than Rick.
I STAND WITH THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Viceroy63 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:18 am

new guy1 wrote:Im rewatching this week's episode and I am just now noticing, I feel like Michone relates better to kids because she associated with Ginny (the Gov's daughter) and treated her like a scared little girl and tried to comfort her (until of course she found out that Ginny was actually a walker). Am I the only one that thinks this?

This weeks episode? I may be an episode behind everyone else because I watch the Walking dead on the Internet and have to wait till it gets posted a few days later, but this is the last episode that I know of...

http://www.watchfreeinhd.com/D6GdTV

The bit with the girl happened an episode ago. ;)

But that is none the less a very astute observation as I simply assumed (being a man and all) that all woman have that motherly attitude??? But you are right, in a walking dead universe, I for one would have had removed the head sack first to see, and also so that the child could breath easier before offering a shoulder to cry on and a hug?

Last hug you'll ever get if the kid bites ya. LOL. If you only disliked kids before, ha,...
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby whitestazn88 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:49 pm

This weeks episode wasn't bad, but not much happened. I feel like they were just tired of hearing "where's morgan" so the directors or whatever just gave us crazy morgan so that we would see him and move on. Whether he joins the group at a later point, kills himself, or just keeps on "cleaning", who knows. I guess they did a good job of making me not give a shit about his outcome.

As to whoever commented about Micchone being good with kids, do I smell some Roman Catholicism on her?? Just kidding, I think she just lets her guard down more with kids, which is our best opportunity to see her in a better light. I mean if you think about it, who would you be more comfortable around? The guy who is seeing his dead wife and covered in sweat all the time or the kid who killed his mom and dad's best friend in less than a year's span? Hm, maybe not the best comparison... but you get where I'm going with it.

Other interesting tidbits from the episode, I thought the hitchhiker would come back in some way, but.... I guess I was wrong on that. Also this week, Daryl gets a second crossbow!

Some questions to think about as we move forward:
-Who will die?
-Will the quartet from the prison (particularly the black people, who we know are cool, because all the black people have been pretty chill thus far [minus the crazy prisoner]) end up joining Rick and his people?
-There are only 4 episodes left in the season, and I hate how that means we know something big or not big will happen, so will the story arc revolving around the Governor and Woodberry continue or end? I'm betting it ends.
-Is this the end of Rick's insanity? Did talking to whacked out Morgan and then having Micchone call him out on seeing dead people snap him out of it? I thought it was done last week when they got shot up, and then I thought it would be done when he got stabbed, but I guess seeing your dead two-timing wife is more powerful than the reality of almost dying TWICE in the span of 2 days(?).
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:53 pm

Can I make guesses at your questions if I've read the comic?
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby new guy1 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:35 pm

@Viceroy, I was talking about rewatching the episode that was new last night and remembering back a few episodes ago to the little girl. Also, I believe that the story line will revolve around Rick vs The Governor the rest of the season and it will either end with Rick defeating The Governor and possibly moving his group into Woodberry, Rick defeating The Governor/Trucing with him and living in the prison with the group, or Rick's group losing alot of characters and being forced out of the prison by The Governor. If the final option is true, then next season will probably skip ahead a few months, show how a new leader has taken over the group (whoever it may be) and then setting up camp somewhere else. These are just my guesses at how it will go, but then again I didnt see this week's episode coming and its a little early to make predictions about next season, IMO :D. Also greekdog, you can because it is based alot around the comics. The directors change some stuff in the show so that it keeps the comic people guessing, so some things may not be similar lol. Like I remember watching the Talking Dead and one of their facts about the episode where Hershel loses his leg was that in the comic, it was actually Daryl who lost his leg (fun fact for those of you who dont watch the Talking Dead).
Sergeant new guy1

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:38 pm

new guy1 wrote:@Viceroy, I was talking about rewatching the episode that was new last night and remembering back a few episodes ago to the little girl. Also, I believe that the story line will revolve around Rick vs The Governor the rest of the season and it will either end with Rick defeating The Governor and possibly moving his group into Woodberry, Rick defeating The Governor/Trucing with him and living in the prison with the group, or Rick's group losing alot of characters and being forced out of the prison by The Governor. If the final option is true, then next season will probably skip ahead a few months, show how a new leader has taken over the group (whoever it may be) and then setting up camp somewhere else. These are just my guesses at how it will go, but then again I didnt see this week's episode coming and its a little early to make predictions about next season, IMO :D. Also greekdog, you can because it is based alot around the comics. The directors change some stuff in the show so that it keeps the comic people guessing, so some things may not be similar lol. Like I remember watching the Talking Dead and one of their facts about the episode where Hershel loses his leg was that in the comic, it was actually Daryl who lost his leg (fun fact for those of you who dont watch the Talking Dead).

I think the TV show is very different from the comic, but I think the theme and overall plot is the same.

Postby new guy1 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Well in all honesty I havent read the comic, I am just going off of what I heard on TV :P.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Viceroy63 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:50 pm

About that hitchhiker; He didn't make it. At the end when they stopped the car and backed up some to pick something up. That was the Hitchhikers back pack or a part of it. He dropped it to lighten the loads so he could run faster I guess but he just was not fast enough.

Ironically Rick is no better than the governor. I think that the governor would at least put a bullet in your brain and then take your back pack. Rick just let the guy get eaten and then on the way back pick it up. Or maybe he just wanted to save the ammunition for when he really needed it. LOL.

So the hitchhiker did come back at the end. Sort to say. :D
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:02 pm

1. Speaking of the Talking Dead, is it just me or is anyone else really annoyed by Chris Hardwick's throat? I can't stand looking at it. I only watched it once (the time they had Beth on).

2. Rick was stupid not to pick-up the hitchhiker. They can get all the guns in the world but they can still only fire one at a time. Rick has so far had the opportunity to increase the size of his outfit by 5 fighters (Tyrese's group + the Hitchhiker) and turned it all down because they didn't meet his impeccable standards of excellence. Oh, but he scored a big victory by getting the hitchhiker's Coleman stove. GOOD JOB, RICK. At this point he needs everyone he can get, no matter who they are. If I saw AoG even I would pull over, throw his tiny little body over my shoulder and hightail it back to the prison to get him armed.

3. Also, I'm still very impressed that - even after the Zombie apocalypse - BP is still fully functional and apparently delivering petrol to all the filling stations. I raised this issue last year and everyone said "they're just siphoning it from cars." The amount they go joy-riding they have to have burned through all their siphoned petrol at this point. Plus, they usually speed by crashed cars on the side of the road without even checking their fuel tanks.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Viceroy63 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:52 pm

Now that is really desperate to pick up AoG "tiny little body over my shoulder and hightail it back to the prison," if he was hitchhiking on the side of the road. I expected better from you Sax. But I guess if one is desperate... :lol:

But I don't agree with Rick picking up the hitchhiker because for all we know he could be a plant from the Governor's camp. The governor could have hitchhikers all over the country side just waiting to infiltrate our group. All the while just feeding the dead all over the place. LOL.

It's a dog eat dog world out there. Literally! :lol:
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:21 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:But I don't agree with Rick picking up the hitchhiker because for all we know he could be a plant from the Governor's camp. The governor could have hitchhikers all over the country side just waiting to infiltrate our group. All the while just feeding the dead all over the place. LOL.

Those are good points. I thought about that, but then, I thought: (a) they could have vetted the hitchhiker through Merle when they got back to prison to verify he was not a Woodburyian, (b) they already know (via Merle) Woodbury only had 90-some citizens, that they shot up at least a few of them, and a certain percentage are non-fighters ... so the Governor couldn't afford to have undercover hitchhikers roaming around.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Viceroy63 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:33 pm

That is very logical!

But it still doesn't explain the desperate statement of picking up AoG if he were hitchhiking? :lol:
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:59 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:That is very logical!

But it still doesn't explain the desperate statement of picking up AoG if he were hitchhiking? :lol:

AOG is 100% loyal.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby CreepersWiener on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:32 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:But I don't agree with Rick picking up the hitchhiker because for all we know he could be a plant from the Governor's camp. The governor could have hitchhikers all over the country side just waiting to infiltrate our group. All the while just feeding the dead all over the place. LOL.

Those are good points. I thought about that, but then, I thought: (a) they could have vetted the hitchhiker through Merle when they got back to prison to verify he was not a Woodburyian, (b) they already know (via Merle) Woodbury only had 90-some citizens, that they shot up at least a few of them, and a certain percentage are non-fighters ... so the Governor couldn't afford to have undercover hitchhikers roaming around.

I need to just make this point on the whole "hitchhiker" start and end scenes.

First, we know that Rick and company are much more apt to not help people who are not part of the group. From experience, Rick has learned that inviting new people in can be incredibly hazardous and lead to deaths inside his circle. Whether or not the hitchhiker was a Governor plant doesn't really matter. The point of the "hitchhiker" was to drive home how far the group has descended, but the decision to leave him stranded on the road was actually thought through by Rick, Michonne, and Carl (all without them saying a word).

Or did you miss it?

Rick and company do not want people in the group who are so stupid and reckless that they would bring ill upon anyone within the group. It was evident that the man walking on the road was incredibly stupid. The director made it quite clear by having the hitchhiker bellow at the top of his lungs,"HEY! Over HERE!"

I think that would be the first clue in not helping the guy, but then you knew for sure that he was going to get eaten by zombies. Why? Because when he is yelling and screaming as loud as he can for Rick to stop, we get a good close up of his backpack and see that he has some cooking pots and pans clanging...like a dinner bell! The guy probably had hordes of walkers following him through the forest even if he never spoke a word.

Obviously, the guy was so dumb, desperate, and acting with total abandon that Rick, Michonne, and Carl all quietly glanced at each other in silent agreement. Anyone that acted like that had already proven through their own actions that they would be a dangerous inclusion into the group.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:41 pm

I raised the same question saxi about the gas. Not to mention that Rick has found around 4000 magnum rounds and everyone has military grade weapons.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:52 pm

Army of GOD wrote:I raised the same question saxi about the gas. Not to mention that Rick has found around 4000 magnum rounds and everyone has military grade weapons.

The only time I ever got annoyed at Walking Dead was when the prison was under attack and the Governor and his crew were firing off rounds like it was nothing. How many effing military convoys did they raid?

Postby Viceroy63 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:24 am

CreepersWiener wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

First, we know that Rick and company are much more apt to not help people who are not part of the group. From experience, Rick has learned that inviting new people in can be incredibly hazardous and lead to deaths inside his circle. Whether or not the hitchhiker was a Governor plant doesn't really matter. The point of the "hitchhiker" was to drive home how far the group has descended, but the decision to leave him stranded on the road was actually thought through by Rick, Michonne, and Carl (all without them saying a word).

Or did you miss it?

Rick and company do not want people in the group who are so stupid and reckless that they would bring ill upon anyone within the group. It was evident that the man walking on the road was incredibly stupid. The director made it quite clear by having the hitchhiker bellow at the top of his lungs,"HEY! Over HERE!"

I think that would be the first clue in not helping the guy, but then you knew for sure that he was going to get eaten by zombies. Why? Because when he is yelling and screaming as loud as he can for Rick to stop, we get a good close up of his backpack and see that he has some cooking pots and pans clanging...like a dinner bell! The guy probably had hordes of walkers following him through the forest even if he never spoke a word.

Obviously, the guy was so dumb, desperate, and acting with total abandon that Rick, Michonne, and Carl all quietly glanced at each other in silent agreement. Anyone that acted like that had already proven through their own actions that they would be a dangerous inclusion into the group.

Very well thought out!

The important thing is that Rick got the cook wares. LOL. :D
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:39 am

CreepersWiener wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

Or did you miss it?

The tl;dr version: the hitchhiker was a moron, Rick doesn't want morons.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:24 am

How is that guy a moron? I'm sure if you were by yourself during a zombie apocalypse you'd be pretty fucking excited to see humanity.

See what happened when they denied Tyrese and Sasha? They ended up at the town and now are going to fight Rick because they think the Governor is more sane than Rick.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,