Conquer Club

Romney was Better than Obama

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:27 pm

Ray Rider wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:It's all American's duty to give Obama the booty.

Vote against Obama and save America.

Liberty
E. Pluribus Unum
In God We Trust

Just curious, when you posted this, what was your purpose in doing so? Did you actually think it would change anyone's mind or affect anyone's thinking in any way besides adding to the annoyance of those who disagree with your brand of politics? Or were you just wanting to stir the pot and get people riled up?

It was because three people asked me the same question in about fifteen minutes... This should answer everyone.

Why are you asking?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:30 pm

karel wrote:

Liberty
E. Pluribus Unum
In God We Trust

ur funny,wtf are you smoking.............mitt is by far the worse choice anyone can make,cant trust a duche bag like him

I'm not smoking anything i just have a different opinion and different priorities. Can you tolerate that?
Major Phatscotty

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:12 pm

I feel like I've asked this question before, but...

COULD YOU PLEASE NAME FIVE REASONS WHY ROMNEY IS DIFFERENT THAN OBAMA
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Ray Rider on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:15 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Ray Rider wrote:

Liberty
E. Pluribus Unum
In God We Trust

Just curious, when you posted this, what was your purpose in doing so? Did you actually think it would change anyone's mind or affect anyone's thinking in any way besides adding to the annoyance of those who disagree with your brand of politics? Or were you just wanting to stir the pot and get people riled up?

It was because three people asked me the same question in about fifteen minutes... This should answer everyone.

Why are you asking?

What question was that? Sorry, I don't stalk you like Woodruff does so I don't know what question people are asking you. I'm asking because I'm genuinely curious what you hoped to gain by posting that. Would it at all influence your voting decision if you read a post by someone that said:

GenericLiberal wrote:It's all American's duty to give Romney the booty.

Vote against Romney and save America.

Liberty
E. Pluribus Unum
In God We Trust

If so, how would it affect it?
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:14 pm

Ray Rider wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Ray Rider wrote:

Liberty
E. Pluribus Unum
In God We Trust

Why are you asking?

What question was that? Sorry, I don't stalk you like Woodruff does so I don't know what question people are asking you. I'm asking because I'm genuinely curious what you hoped to gain by posting that. Would it at all influence your voting decision if you read a post by someone that said:

GenericLiberal wrote:It's all American's duty to give Romney the booty.

Vote against Romney and save America.

Liberty
E. Pluribus Unum
In God We Trust

If so, how would it affect it?

I don't follow, but honestly, everyone, I have not slept in 10 days....4 hours a night tops, many nights 2 hours. Feel free to rephrase. I am going to take a bath now, something I have not done in probably 7 years. I am even going to add some bubbles and Alibabba aroma therapy.

The answer you seek may be as simple as me publicly coming out of the closet that I am voting for Mitt Romney.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:29 pm

thegreekdog wrote:I feel like I've asked this question before, but...

yes you have asked, yes I have made threads (plural) about it. I named at least 5, others have discovered many more.

#1 Romney is not a Marixt :twisted:

If I may, please let me ask first. Why is it not as simple (for me) as..."which is better concerning the Tea Party? Romney? or Obama?"

Who can work with Congress to pass a budget? Regardless of who controls Congress? What is Obama's track record here? both when he had Democrat Majorities, and when he lost the house, but still has the Senate?

I believe Romney will work with Congress to pass a budget. My hopes are the Tea Party will win Congress, and finish kicking out all the BS Republicans.
Major Phatscotty

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Phatscotty wrote:

yes you have asked, yes I have made threads (plural) about it. I named at least 5, others have discovered many more.

If I may, please let me ask first. Why is it not as simple (for me) as..."which is better concerning the Tea Party? Romney? or Obama?"

Who can work with Congress to pass a budget? Regardless of who controls Congress? What is Obama's track record here? both when he had Democrat Majorities, and when he lost the house, but still has the Senate?

I believe Romney will work with Congress to pass a budget. My hopes are the Tea Party will win Congress, and finish kicking out all the BS Republicans.

Let's make some wagers then if Romney wins.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:21 am

Phatscotty wrote:

Great, Phatscotty's finally gonna deliver...

Phatscotty wrote:#1 Romney is not a Marixt :twisted:

Oh. Yeah, that's right...it's Phatscotty.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby john9blue on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:44 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

Let's make some wagers then if Romney wins.

i want to get in on this too, scotty.

i'm kinda hoping romney wins, so we can see what happens... for science
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby MeDeFe on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:09 am

Phatscotty wrote:
The Bison King wrote:Who are you voting for Scotty?

The person who bests represents my views AND has a realistic chance to win.

Vote for Gary Johnson then. Get your tea-party buddies to vote for him. Get 99%ers and OWS-activists to vote for him.

You probably consider me a liberal, I consider myself a liberal and think you've got the definition of "liberal" ass-backwards. I consider myself further to the left than Obama is by any measure. And yet I find myself agreeing with the libertarian Gary Johnson's positions far more than with most of Obama's.
Give the outside of the box a try and bring some buddies with you. Two compartments isn't enough anyway.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby GreecePwns on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:51 am

"Romney is not a Marxist/Fascist (implying Obama is)." Debunked for many, many reasons in this forum.

"A vote for Romney is good for the Tea Party [presumably better than Gary Johnson]." Debunked as well. Romney does not know the political affiliation of his voters and will see the win as a full-on endorsement of his policies, which certainly aren't libertarian policies. If a Johnson turnout causes a Romney loss, the GOP will realize there is a significant libertarian movement that they must either work with, disregard or actively suppress. And if Johnson get 5%, the libertarian movement will have a very real chance at winning in 2016.

"Romney has a better record of bipartisanship and working with Congress." Debunked. Romney in fact is known in Massachusetts for having vetoed an insane percentage of regulation and having a just as insane amount overturned. He wants what he wants and nothing more.

"Romney has a better set of policy positions than Obama." We haven't seen five differences in policy positions posted on this forum (being a fascist, even if true, isn't a policy position). Therefore, until five significant policy position differences are presented and in those five differences we see that Romney's positions are better to you than Obama's, this is debunked too.

"Romney is not Obama, and is the only one who can win now (in other words, waiting for a very real 2016 presidential chance from the Libertarian Party is not worth it." Really? How long have you been fighting for Ron Paul to win the presidency? Four years and a legitimate chance at a third party is too much? This is debunked as well, since "Romney isn't Obama" hasn't been proven true in terms of policy.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:59 am

MeDeFe wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

Vote for Gary Johnson then. Get your tea-party buddies to vote for him. Get 99%ers and OWS-activists to vote for him.

You probably consider me a liberal, I consider myself a liberal and think you've got the definition of "liberal" ass-backwards. I consider myself further to the left than Obama is by any measure. And yet I find myself agreeing with the libertarian Gary Johnson's positions far more than with most of Obama's.

Indeed. I agree with this.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:00 am

Hell, Romney wasn't even the best Morman Republican.

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:56 am

MeDeFe wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

Give the outside of the box a try and bring some buddies with you. Two compartments isn't enough anyway.

I would consider Johnson, but I don't think he's tried hard enough. Why did he drop out of the Republican primary debates after only the first one?

I have done a lot of work for Ron Paul, I would rather write his name in than vote for GJ, except they do not even count the write in votes, so I would not bother wasting the time with a write in.

Plus, Obama is bad for America. Bad for our debt, bad for our culture, bad for bringing people together, so bad he could not even pass a budget, with Democrat majorities in Congress.

I want a budget. Voting for Obama or Johnson will not get that achieved. Voting for Romney I think there is a very good chance he can get it done, plus, I really like Paul Ryan. He isn't true blue Tea Party, but he did help pave the way.
Major Phatscotty

Postby GreecePwns on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:02 pm

I'll open with the first wager (which would only apply should he win): 12 months of premium for Phatscotty if a Romney/Ryan budget passes the house in at least one of his first four years. 12 months of premium for GreecePwns if four years pass without a Romney/Ryan budget passing.

This is negotiable.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:21 pm

Phatscotty wrote:It's my belief that the Tea Party has a lot better chance of moving Romney than Obama.

Won't the Tea Party need to find the guy who is programming the teleprompter first? They weren't able to track him down in August.

ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:28 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:It's my belief that the Tea Party has a lot better chance of moving Romney than Obama.

Won't the Tea Party need to find the guy who is programming the teleprompter first? They weren't able to track him down in August.

Yeah, the GOP fucked my guy over, but we live to fight another day. It's still either Romney or Obama

I try not to get too emotionally involved with the politics of winning the nomination, as just about every politician will do whatever they can to win. It's not like I'm never going to vote again or dropping out of politics because of the Convention.

The Tea Party and Libertarian candidates still have a lot of work to do to get a majority in the Republican party in the House of Representatives, and hopefully the cocoon laid in 2011 will become a beautiful butterfly in 2013.

I will take great pleasure in seeing Boehner cry just one more time...
Major Phatscotty

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:30 pm

Phatscotty wrote:hopefully the cocoon laid in 2011 will become a beautiful butterfly in 2013

ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:42 pm

Call it whatever you want. We made our move in 2010, resulting in the largest victory since 1938 was a great start, and we are going to attempt to follow through in 2012.

I'm not a quitter just because the candidate is not perfect in every way. I'm all in
Major Phatscotty

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:44 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

Yeah, the GOP fucked my guy over, but we live to fight another day.

What do you mean 'we,' Romney-fan?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:46 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

Yeah, the GOP fucked my guy over, but we live to fight another day.

What do you mean 'we,' Romney-fan?

I'm not a Romney fan. I just acknowledge that Romney is better than Obama.

By "we", I mean the Tea Party.
Major Phatscotty

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:49 pm

Phatscotty wrote:I'm not a quitter just because the candidate is not perfect in every way.

or in any way
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:02 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:I'm not a quitter just because the candidate is not perfect in every way.

or in any way

I agree there is no such thing as a perfect candidate. Voters have to pick which one best represents their views on issues, and deal with the reality that they will not do everything the way every person thinks they should do it, because that is impossible.
Major Phatscotty

Postby GreecePwns on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:58 pm

Presented without comment:

Phatscotty wrote:Voters have to pick which one best represents their views on issues.

Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:59 pm

bedub1 wrote:Romney is a better liar than Obama
Romney is a better douchebag than Obama
Romney is better at screwing over companies than Obama.

There are many ways Romney is better than Obama, just none of them good.

Who understands religious Liberty better?
Major Phatscotty

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,