Conquer Club

Romney was Better than Obama

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby GreecePwns on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:51 am

"Romney is not a Marxist/Fascist (implying Obama is)." Debunked for many, many reasons in this forum.

"A vote for Romney is good for the Tea Party [presumably better than Gary Johnson]." Debunked as well. Romney does not know the political affiliation of his voters and will see the win as a full-on endorsement of his policies, which certainly aren't libertarian policies. If a Johnson turnout causes a Romney loss, the GOP will realize there is a significant libertarian movement that they must either work with, disregard or actively suppress. And if Johnson get 5%, the libertarian movement will have a very real chance at winning in 2016.

"Romney has a better record of bipartisanship and working with Congress." Debunked. Romney in fact is known in Massachusetts for having vetoed an insane percentage of regulation and having a just as insane amount overturned. He wants what he wants and nothing more.

"Romney has a better set of policy positions than Obama." We haven't seen five differences in policy positions posted on this forum (being a fascist, even if true, isn't a policy position). Therefore, until five significant policy position differences are presented and in those five differences we see that Romney's positions are better to you than Obama's, this is debunked too.

"Romney is not Obama, and is the only one who can win now (in other words, waiting for a very real 2016 presidential chance from the Libertarian Party is not worth it." Really? How long have you been fighting for Ron Paul to win the presidency? Four years and a legitimate chance at a third party is too much? This is debunked as well, since "Romney isn't Obama" hasn't been proven true in terms of policy.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:59 am

MeDeFe wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
The Bison King wrote:Who are you voting for Scotty?

The person who bests represents my views AND has a realistic chance to win.

Vote for Gary Johnson then. Get your tea-party buddies to vote for him. Get 99%ers and OWS-activists to vote for him.

You probably consider me a liberal, I consider myself a liberal and think you've got the definition of "liberal" ass-backwards. I consider myself further to the left than Obama is by any measure. And yet I find myself agreeing with the libertarian Gary Johnson's positions far more than with most of Obama's.

Indeed. I agree with this.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:00 am

Hell, Romney wasn't even the best Morman Republican.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:56 am

MeDeFe wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
The Bison King wrote:Who are you voting for Scotty?

The person who bests represents my views AND has a realistic chance to win.

Vote for Gary Johnson then. Get your tea-party buddies to vote for him. Get 99%ers and OWS-activists to vote for him.

You probably consider me a liberal, I consider myself a liberal and think you've got the definition of "liberal" ass-backwards. I consider myself further to the left than Obama is by any measure. And yet I find myself agreeing with the libertarian Gary Johnson's positions far more than with most of Obama's.
Give the outside of the box a try and bring some buddies with you. Two compartments isn't enough anyway.

I would consider Johnson, but I don't think he's tried hard enough. Why did he drop out of the Republican primary debates after only the first one?

I have done a lot of work for Ron Paul, I would rather write his name in than vote for GJ, except they do not even count the write in votes, so I would not bother wasting the time with a write in.

Plus, Obama is bad for America. Bad for our debt, bad for our culture, bad for bringing people together, so bad he could not even pass a budget, with Democrat majorities in Congress.

I want a budget. Voting for Obama or Johnson will not get that achieved. Voting for Romney I think there is a very good chance he can get it done, plus, I really like Paul Ryan. He isn't true blue Tea Party, but he did help pave the way.
Major Phatscotty

Postby GreecePwns on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:02 pm

I'll open with the first wager (which would only apply should he win): 12 months of premium for Phatscotty if a Romney/Ryan budget passes the house in at least one of his first four years. 12 months of premium for GreecePwns if four years pass without a Romney/Ryan budget passing.

This is negotiable.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:21 pm

Phatscotty wrote:It's my belief that the Tea Party has a lot better chance of moving Romney than Obama.

Won't the Tea Party need to find the guy who is programming the teleprompter first? They weren't able to track him down in August.

ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:28 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:It's my belief that the Tea Party has a lot better chance of moving Romney than Obama.

Won't the Tea Party need to find the guy who is programming the teleprompter first? They weren't able to track him down in August.

Yeah, the GOP fucked my guy over, but we live to fight another day. It's still either Romney or Obama

I try not to get too emotionally involved with the politics of winning the nomination, as just about every politician will do whatever they can to win. It's not like I'm never going to vote again or dropping out of politics because of the Convention.

The Tea Party and Libertarian candidates still have a lot of work to do to get a majority in the Republican party in the House of Representatives, and hopefully the cocoon laid in 2011 will become a beautiful butterfly in 2013.

I will take great pleasure in seeing Boehner cry just one more time...
Major Phatscotty

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:30 pm

Phatscotty wrote:hopefully the cocoon laid in 2011 will become a beautiful butterfly in 2013

ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:42 pm

Call it whatever you want. We made our move in 2010, resulting in the largest victory since 1938 was a great start, and we are going to attempt to follow through in 2012.

I'm not a quitter just because the candidate is not perfect in every way. I'm all in
Major Phatscotty

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:44 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

Yeah, the GOP fucked my guy over, but we live to fight another day.

What do you mean 'we,' Romney-fan?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:46 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

Yeah, the GOP fucked my guy over, but we live to fight another day.

What do you mean 'we,' Romney-fan?

I'm not a Romney fan. I just acknowledge that Romney is better than Obama.

By "we", I mean the Tea Party.
Major Phatscotty

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:49 pm

Phatscotty wrote:I'm not a quitter just because the candidate is not perfect in every way.

or in any way
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:02 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:I'm not a quitter just because the candidate is not perfect in every way.

or in any way

I agree there is no such thing as a perfect candidate. Voters have to pick which one best represents their views on issues, and deal with the reality that they will not do everything the way every person thinks they should do it, because that is impossible.
Major Phatscotty

Postby GreecePwns on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:58 pm

Presented without comment:

Phatscotty wrote:Voters have to pick which one best represents their views on issues.

Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:59 pm

bedub1 wrote:Romney is a better liar than Obama
Romney is a better douchebag than Obama
Romney is better at screwing over companies than Obama.

There are many ways Romney is better than Obama, just none of them good.

Who understands religious Liberty better?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:59 pm

GreecePwns wrote:Presented without comment:

Phatscotty wrote:Voters have to pick which one best represents their views on issues....and can win....

fixed

you can present it without comment all you want, but you continue to miss the point of the entire thread, and context can be important....

It's either Romney or Obama who are going to be the next president
Major Phatscotty

Postby GreecePwns on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:33 pm

And neither has really proven to be betterin any meaningful way. My previous post listed the reasons you give for Romney being better, but none of them actually are true.

Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:48 pm

GreecePwns wrote:And neither has really proven to be betterin any meaningful way. My previous post listed the reasons you give for Romney being better, but none of them actually are true.

perhaps they were sarcastic and inside jokes between me and TGD???? did the :twisted: i added to it not give it away enough?

Being serious: I believe Romney deeply loves America and understands and appreciates our principles, and I honestly believe Obama hates America's founding principles, and thinks it's his mandate to "fix" our principles, which relates to the reason I call him a Progressive from time to time. That is why I think he is turning things upside down every chance Obama gets. Specializing in division and taking abrasive positions against the majority of Americans
Major Phatscotty

Postby GreecePwns on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:37 pm

How will this difference manifest itself in a hypothetical Romney administration? What policies will Romney pursue different to Obama due to his love of America and its founding principles? Do those policies represent your beliefs best compared to all opposition?

I mean if you can't answer this question, then you're simply not interested in advancing libertarian policieso or any policies at all for that matter, only flag waving rhetoric.
Last edited by GreecePwns on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:41 pm

GreecePwns wrote:How will this difference manifest itself in a hypothetical Romney administration? What policies will Romney pursue different to Obama due to his love of America and its founding principles? Do those policies represent your beliefs best compared to all opposition?

I think it's okay to leave the decision at "loves America and values our principles" versus "wants to fundamentally transform America and it's principles". Policy is secondary when the difference is crystal clear at the base.

Last edited by Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby GreecePwns on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:44 pm

Just to be clear: you're saying the rhetoric used by the two is secondary to their actual policies, right?

Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:50 pm

GreecePwns wrote:How will this difference manifest itself in a hypothetical Romney administration? What policies will Romney pursue different to Obama due to his love of America and its founding principles? Do those policies represent your beliefs best compared to all opposition?

I think it's okay to leave the decision at "loves America and values our principles" versus "wants to fundamentally transform America and it's principles". Policy is secondary when the difference is crystal clear at the base.

GreecePwns wrote:Just to be clear: you're saying the rhetoric used by the two is secondary to their actual policies, right?

To be even more clear, Romney loves America and believes in our founding principles. Obama wants to fundamentally transform America and "fix" our founding principles.
Major Phatscotty

Postby GreecePwns on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:04 pm

How does Romneys love for Americas founding principles manifest itself in his policies? How does Obamas hate for Americas finding profiles manifest itself in his policies?

Without enough examples all were left with is rhetoric as the deciding factor.

Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:13 pm

GreecePwns wrote:How does Romneys love for Americas founding principles manifest itself in his policies? How does Obamas hate for Americas finding profiles manifest itself in his policies?

Without enough examples all were left with is rhetoric as the deciding factor.

it's as simple as principles are more important than individual policies.

The end
Major Phatscotty

Postby GreecePwns on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:26 pm

"I love America, so i'm going to pursue policies A, B and C (even though I have little influence over getting C done)." --Romney

"I hate America, so i'm going to pursue policies A, B and D (even though I have little influence over getting D done)." --Obama

Phatacotty, being a constitutionalist libertarian, promotes policies E, F and G.

Let A = interventionist foreign policy and E = non interventionist foreign policy

Let B = crony capitalism and F = free market capitalism

Let C and D be national solutions to abortion and gay rights issues, and E be states rights.

Corporal GreecePwns

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,