Conquer Club

The BBS Bet

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Well?

Total votes : 0

Re: The BBS Bet

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:54 pm

notyou2 wrote:My guess is an account sitter, saw the tournament, signed up, and forgot he was on BBS account.

If that's the case then BBS may have had some stern words for him!
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby notyou2 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:59 pm

I'd make him pay. It is Christmas after all.
Captain notyou2

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:03 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:I don't think he had forgotten that he included tournaments when making the deal, but either forgot about the bet or that he was being generous.

The tournaments thing is interesting, and makes me think that he was being generous.

He posted his intention to join the tournament, but then never did join the tournament. That alone makes it out of the ordinary. Not a super-rare event, it does happen, but it's still something with a below-average frequency. And tournaments? Everyone knows that as part of my official duties I'm always prowling the tournament fora, looking for interesting facts to report on.

Makes me wonder.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:56 am

Dukasaur wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:I don't think he had forgotten that he included tournaments when making the deal, but either forgot about the bet or that he was being generous.

The tournaments thing is interesting, and makes me think that he was being generous.

He posted his intention to join the tournament, but then never did join the tournament. That alone makes it out of the ordinary. Not a super-rare event, it does happen, but it's still something with a below-average frequency. And tournaments? Everyone knows that as part of my official duties I'm always prowling the tournament fora, looking for interesting facts to report on.

Makes me wonder.

Hate to break it to ya but you're not that special, Dukasaur. When writing a contract, I now realized the importance of adding vague language. That post was clan-related to reserve a spot for a Memento Mori, but my rules are my rules, and they are pretty clear.

I'll have to give my lawyer a call; his people will call your people shortly.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:19 am

Haggis_McMutton wrote:inb4 BBS still doesn't post in OT till the specified deadline.

I thought about that, but what's the point?

After taking a break from this site, I'll likely post much less. This place, like many others, is stuck in the realm of opinion--even when low standards of evidence and 'facts' are presented. And unlike some, I'm not one for rhetoric--which is clearly super-effective (e.g. the recent presidential election, that recent shooting and another round of Gun Control debates between the two dumb sides: 'liberal' and conservative or Democrat v. Republican), nor am I in favor of entertaining anti-intellectuals like that nationalist farmer, the self-imagined academic/teacher, Batman Boy, and the English Sissy Tart.

Of course, one need not be an intellectual to be worthy of entertaining, but the person who (un)intentionally distorts information and only produces cyber poo isn't doing anyone any favors. They are sad, sad people with apparently very low opportunity costs. My pseudo-psychoanalysis indicates that they all suffer from low self-esteem, but if it's any consolation, they all have the capability to kill themselves or accidentally get themselves killed, which on net may be beneficial.

Instead, I'd rather spend more time reading and writing books and articles. Occasionally, I'll put this realm of opinion to good use.

For the Greater Glory of Ad Hominem,
BigBallinStalin
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:14 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Makes me wonder.

Hate to break it to ya but you're not that special, Dukasaur. When writing a contract, I now realized the importance of adding vague language. That post was clan-related to reserve a spot for a Memento Mori, but my rules are my rules, and they are pretty clear.

Actually the specialness that you're shattering is your own.

Thinking that your post was a careless oversight is sad for me. I was much more enjoying thinking it was a grand gesture of generosity on your part, a teasing game laid out for me (just before Christmas, interestingly enough) with a benevolent twinkle in your eye.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby AAFitz on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:45 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Makes me wonder.

Crystal clear:
BBS wrote:To be clear, the only exceptions are my clan forum, the PM system, and the Walls.

No doubt someone will truly appreciate the gift.

As far as you being above posting in this place, well, that's obviously for you to decide. Certainly if you don't have the time for it, it would be wasteful on your end.
Last edited by AAFitz on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Neoteny on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:19 am

Yeah, he was admitting that he was not vague enough...
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby AAFitz on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:43 am

Neoteny wrote:Yeah, he was admitting that he was not vague enough...

Well, I guess he was too vague on that for me. thanks for the heads up
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby x-raider on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:58 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:inb4 BBS still doesn't post in OT till the specified deadline.

After taking a break from this site, I'll likely post much less. This place, like many others, is stuck in the realm of opinion--even when low standards of evidence and 'facts' are presented. And unlike some, I'm not one for rhetoric--which is clearly super-effective (e.g. the recent presidential election, that recent shooting and another round of Gun Control debates between the two dumb sides: 'liberal' and conservative or Democrat v. Republican), nor am I in favor of entertaining anti-intellectuals like that nationalist farmer, the self-imagined academic/teacher, Batman Boy, and the English Sissy Tart.

Of course, one need not be an intellectual to be worthy of entertaining, but the person who (un)intentionally distorts information and only produces cyber poo isn't doing anyone any favors. They are sad, sad people with apparently very low opportunity costs. My pseudo-psychoanalysis indicates that they all suffer from low self-esteem, but if it's any consolation, they all have the capability to kill themselves or accidentally get themselves killed, which on net may be beneficial.

Instead, I'd rather spend more time reading and writing books and articles. Occasionally, I'll put this realm of opinion to good use.

BigBallinStalin

Voted for "post of the year"

Of course, some might not agree... but this is my opinion, and I shall keep it.
Corporal 1st Class x-raider

Location: Lost in the Complexities of the Undiscovered Universe

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:50 am

x-raider wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

BigBallinStalin

Voted for "post of the year"

Of course, some might not agree... but this is my opinion, and I shall keep it.

who is the nationalist farmer?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:38 pm

The promised tournament has been posted. My forty-ninth tournament, entitled:
"Gratuitous Transfer of Wealth"

For the first week, sign-ups are restricted to freemium members. If you know some freemiums who would like a shot at winning Premium, please pass the world along to them. If the tourney has not filled by March 17th, it will on March 18th be open to Premium members also.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,