Conquer Club

FORWARD

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: FORWARD

Postby Symmetry on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Nobunaga wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:I came in here hoping Nobunaga would finally admit that he's moving from the ellipsis at the beginning of every sentence. Left disappointed.

>>> I'll make efforts.

>>>

I support your attempt to change. It's a first step.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Nobunaga on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:I came in here hoping Nobunaga would finally admit that he's moving from the ellipsis at the beginning of every sentence. Left disappointed.

>>> I'll make efforts.

>>>

First step toward dropping the habit? Or a first step toward something else entirely?

(see, I REALLY feel the need here to type those three little dots here - it's like heroine, man)
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby Symmetry on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Nobunaga wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:

>>> I'll make efforts.

>>>

First step toward dropping the habit? Or a first step toward something else entirely?

(see, I REALLY feel the need here to type those three little dots here - it's like heroine, man)

Don't do it- you post a lot of stuff that I disagree with, and some interesting stuff too that challenges my views. Keep the dot usage in moderation. FORWARD!
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:42 pm

Nobunaga wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:

>>> I'll make efforts.

>>>

Think about how much good you could do if you directed those efforts towards positive change :)
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Nobunaga on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:44 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:

>>> I'll make efforts.

>>>

Think about how much good you could do if you directed those efforts towards positive change :)

You'd have to define that for me. I'm already pretty damned positive.

Postby Nobunaga on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:22 pm

Boeing announced a major restructuring of its defense division on Wednesday that will cut 30 percent of management jobs from 2010 levels, close facilities in California and consolidate several business units to cut costs.

The company told employees about the changes on Wednesday, in a memo obtained by Reuters and confirmed by Boeing.

Boeing, the Pentagon's second-largest supplier, said the changes were the latest step in an affordability drive that has already reduced the company's costs by $2.2 billion since 2010, according to the memo.

The measures come as U.S. weapons makers are under pressure to cut costs and preserve profit margins amid dwindling defense spending in the U.S.

Cut management jobs? Screw em'. (not union).

======

A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.

(said the owner) the regulations for Obamacare are gonna hurt our business, and I’m gonna have to make provisions to make sure I have enough money to cover the payroll taxes, the additional health care I’m gonna have to do

=====

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said on Wednesday that if the $16.394 trillion current legal limit on the federal government's debt must be raised in the next few months by another $2.4 trillion, “We’ll raise it."

That would set the debt limit at $18.794 trillion.

Forward, people, forward. Did they pass a budget yet?

<Edit> Forgot to mention, the Air Force base very near where I live saw a 300 person job loss yesterday with the discontinuation of a program there. The local papers stated that expected increases in funding will not be coming. So there's another 300 to sign up for unemployment and food stamps. WooHoo!

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:44 pm

Nobunaga wrote:
<Edit> Forgot to mention, the Air Force base very near where I live saw a 300 person job loss yesterday with the discontinuation of a program there. The local papers stated that expected increases in funding will not be coming. So there's another 300 to sign up for unemployment and food stamps. WooHoo!

Not for nothing but I worked for the government for a spell and it will probably be more cost effective in the long run to have those 300 on unemployment than to keep their air force jobs. I am by no means condoning people losing their jobs but I feel like if those cuts were made, those people were most likely redundant/really not needed and would be more useful in the private sector where the market will determine their value.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Nobunaga on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:17 pm

Article wrote:After months of regulatory delays, the floodgates have apparently opened. The Health and Human Services Department delivered two major health reform rules to the Office of Management and Budget on Friday, the first in an anticipated stream of health regulation.

Many sources close to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services told National Journal that the administration had a number of important health rules ready to go but was holding them back until after the election to avoid a political backlash. Now that President Obama has been reelected, they predicted those rules would start emerging, and fast. The forecast is about right. We are now three days postelection.
The content of the two rules that have gone to OMB have not been made public, but both relate to the insurance exchanges that states must build to sell health plans in 2014. It is not a surprise that exchange rules came first: States must tell HHS whether they plan to build their own exchange or let the federal government do it for them by November 16, next Friday. Many state officials have been complaining that it’s tough to make that decision without more details about how the various options would work.

Options? You want options?! Hahahahahaha!!! Idiots. Do as you're told.

Article wrote:A record 70.4 million people were enrolled in the Medicaid health care program for the poor in fiscal year 2011, according to government figures provided to CNSNews.com.

That figure equals about 22 percent of the population, which means there was one person on Medicaid for every 5 Americans in 2011.

My doctor told me he would move to Australia if this happened. He seemed serious (well, his wife is from there, so maybe it's just a good excuse). No medicaid and federal caps for services in Australia?

Article wrote:A dead pig wrapped in a Mitt Romney t-shirt was found dumped at the South Bay Republican Party campaign office Thursday.

The carcass was found Thursday morning in the 3900 block of Highland Avenue, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The pig reportedly also had barbed wire wrapped around its head, the Times said.

Wait, I thought animal rights was the leftist thing? ... I'm getting confused. But isn't this typical Lib-Dem antics? Poor little pig. :cry:

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:57 am

Noba, there are crazy people everywhere. Just look at Ole Miss. ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Lootifer on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Nobunaga wrote: No medicaid and federal caps for services in Australia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_in_Australia

Public healthcare done in a sensible way (unlike Americas trainwreck).

Nobunga wrote:
A dead pig wrapped in a Mitt Romney t-shirt was found dumped at the South Bay Republican Party campaign office Thursday.

The carcass was found Thursday morning in the 3900 block of Highland Avenue, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The pig reportedly also had barbed wire wrapped around its head, the Times said.

Wait, I thought animal rights was the leftist thing? ... I'm getting confused. But isn't this typical Lib-Dem antics? Poor little pig. :cry:

Generalisations dont help your arguments ;) just sayin'
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Nobunaga on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Reuters wrote:WASHINGTON - The budget deficit rose in October, the first month of fiscal year 2013, as looming negotiations over expiring tax cuts and imminent spending reductions dominated the post-election political landscape.

The Treasury said on Tuesday the October deficit was $120 billion, larger than economist forecasts for a $114 billion gap and up from $98 billion in October of 2011.

Postby Nobunaga on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:30 pm

article wrote:A Senate proposal touted as protecting Americans' e-mail privacy has been quietly rewritten, giving government agencies more surveillance power than they possess under current law, CNET has learned.
Patrick Leahy, the influential Democratic chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, has dramatically reshaped his legislation in response to law enforcement concerns, according to three individuals who have been negotiating with Leahy's staff over the changes. A vote on his bill, which now authorizes warrantless access to Americans' e-mail, is scheduled for next week.

Leahy's rewritten bill would allow more than 22 agencies -- including the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Communications Commission -- to access Americans' e-mail, Google Docs files, Facebook wall posts, and Twitter direct messages without a search warrant. It also would give the FBI and Homeland Security more authority, in some circumstances, to gain full access to Internet accounts without notifying either the owner or a judge.

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Just a forewarning (or whatever) - you want to see how fucked up the CBO is (and how their balls are in a vise vis-a-vis Congress) --> wait till you see how spending numbers jump in the next 4 to 6 years from the CBO projections. The CBO is nonpartisan. Doesn't mean it doesn't take orders.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,