Conquer Club

DEMOGRAPHICS TRUMPS ECONOMY

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: DEMOGRAPHICS TRUMPS ECONOMY

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Lootifer wrote:History shows a pretty good return on investment from education

Does that mean there is no backwards ass wrong way to invest in education, and no smart and efficient way to invest in educatio? Or does that not even matter to you...

What is the return on the investment Hitler made on Germany's education?

In America, we are spending more on education every single year, and the returns actually are getting worse and worse. What "history" are you citing?

Lootifer wrote:Regarding you last paragraph ps.

I was just saying that from a high level spending money on education is seldom a bad idea (compared with, say, drone strikes or oil subsidies).

Additionally the actual return on investment for something so broad brush as "education" is impossible. But as I say, its hardly an area I personally think should be a high priority for spending cuts.

There is also other things to consider, such as: do we have the money to spend, or are we borrowing it, with interest? What about when we are teetering on the edge of a fiscal cliff? What if the "high level" the money is spent from has a long track record of wasting 30-40% of the money, or does an extremely shitty job year after year after year, decade after decade?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Symmetry on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:26 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Symmetry. I foed you. So you are pretty much talking to a brick wall

Plus ca change...
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Lootifer on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:37 pm

There is also other things to consider, such as: do we have the money to spend, or are we borrowing it, with interest? What about when we are teetering on the edge of a fiscal cliff? What if the "high level" the money is spent from has a long track record of wasting 30-40% of the money, or does an extremely shitty job year after year after year, decade after decade?

I was purposfully avoiding an American specific example as it always ends up in you telling me off for meddling in the affairs of a country that is not my own.

Having said that I would suggest there are better areas than education to chop to pieces. Even if it is in a sorry state.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Lootifer wrote:

I was purposfully avoiding an American specific example as it always ends up in you telling me off for meddling in the affairs of a country that is not my own.

Having said that I would suggest there are better areas than education to chop to pieces. Even if it is in a sorry state.

oh cmon pal! I don't "tell you off" I usually just offer a different opinion. The few times I gave you crap for jumping in the middle of something about America was when you couldn't hold back a cheap shot or were overly froggish jumping in the convo to talk trash, and your information was off or else it was propaganda or myth.
Major Phatscotty

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,