Conquer Club

Gaza-Israel Ceasefire: Prison Conditions on Gaza Lifted

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Another Round of Israeli Attacks on Gaza

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:07 pm

bedub1 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:If my neighbour was trying to kill me and I happened to have a rocket launcher available, I would use it. There's no keeping score when you're trying to survive and someone else is trying to kill you. You either succeed in saving yourself or you don't.

It's one thing for a soldier to return fire. It's another for the government to come back days later and slaughter people.

In the grand scheme I don't know how much this applies.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby MegaProphet on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:12 pm

bedub1 wrote:Can somebody make a chart of these most recent attacks? IE Israel killed 15 people, Palestine shot 150 rockets, 140 were shot down, 10 made it through , 3 people received minor injuries. (These numbers are fictitious)

I want to see a break down of attacks, casualties etc.

Here's some of the charts/images going around tumblr right now
Corporal MegaProphet

Postby bedub1 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:37 pm

<Removed>
Last edited by bedub1 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel bedub1

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:15 pm

who intentionally targets civilians and targets randomly?

probably the #1 reason why I see Israel as defending itself
Major Phatscotty

Postby _sabotage_ on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:13 pm

Captain _sabotage_

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:17 pm

Phatscotty wrote:who intentionally targets civilians and targets randomly?

probably the #1 reason why I see Israel as defending itself

Why, the 1.7 million imprisoned Palestinians aren't civilians? Lol
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:54 pm

The Palestinian forces use homemade rockets because that's the technology they have. Israel builds military facilities near residential neighborhoods. The Palestinian Self-Defense Forces can't be expected to halt responsive military actions just because the Israelis choose to hide among civilians. (When NATO blew the bejeezus out of civilian neighborhoods in Serbia the response was "well, the Serbians shouldn't put Anti-Aircraft guns in civilian neighborhoods." Unfortunately for the Serbians, they didn't think to drop $20 million hiring expensive Madison Avenue PR firms, so they were the bad guys on that one.)

If Israel would care to provide modern targeting and guidance systems to the Palestinian Self-Defense Forces I'm sure the firing barrages would fall more accurately on IDF barracks and artillery emplacements.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:16 pm

saxitoxin wrote:

The Palestinian forces use homemade rockets because that's the technology they have. Israel builds military facilities near residential neighborhoods. The Palestinian Self-Defense Forces can't be expected to halt responsive military actions just because the Israelis choose to hide among civilians. (When NATO blew the bejeezus out of civilian neighborhoods in Serbia the response was "well, the Serbians shouldn't put Anti-Aircraft guns in civilian neighborhoods." Unfortunately for the Serbians, they didn't think to drop $20 million hiring expensive Madison Avenue PR firms, so they were the bad guys on that one.)

If Israel would care to provide modern targeting and guidance systems to the Palestinian Self-Defense Forces I'm sure the firing barrages would fall more accurately on IDF barracks and artillery emplacements.

Yeah I was going to say I think the rockets are the best they can do...
If they were able to target leaders I'm sure they would. It makes a bigger splash.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:23 pm

Wanna know how this is gonna happen?

Like this ...

ISRAEL has sold at least dollars 2bn ( pounds 1.3bn) to dollars 3bn of hi-tech military equipment to China, seriously undermining US efforts to limit the sale of advanced weapons to the Chinese. A Senate report due out later this week says the Israeli exports include military technology developed by the US, and which Washington expressly forbids from being exported to China.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 10406.html
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Re: Another Round of Conflicts in Gaza

Postby x-raider on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:00 am

saxitoxin wrote:If Israel would care to provide modern targeting and guidance systems to the Palestinian Self-Defense Forces I'm sure the firing barrages would fall more accurately on IDF barracks and artillery emplacements.
Where does it say in the Geneva convention that "You should either sabotage your own technological advances or provide weapons to your enemy [to ensure a fair fight]"?

Maybe, just possibly, that's what the UN was made for. To ensure, that in a modern society, countries shouldn't just have power because they have superiority in arms or technology over their neighbors (or chosen enemies). But there is an inherent flaw there, that society is yet to resolve. Of course such a flaw-causing problem could continue to exist far into the unknown future. We can only try to come closer to a resolution.

Saxi, could you please try to explain what you actually mean to say? From the top?
Corporal 1st Class x-raider

Location: Lost in the Complexities of the Undiscovered Universe

Postby karel on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:34 pm

i say let isreal deal with their own problems,who knows they probably started this stupid war,sick of the usa protecting them,and wasting money on them.
Private 1st Class karel

Postby bedub1 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:44 pm

<Removed>
Last edited by bedub1 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel bedub1

Postby karel on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:38 pm

bedub1 wrote:
karel wrote:i say let isreal deal with their own problems,who knows they probably started this stupid war,sick of the usa protecting them,and wasting money on them.

They seem like a little arrogant shit, that thinks it's got this huge bodybuilder guy as backup, so they can be as big of dicks as they want. If we stopped backing them, and they realized they were alone, I think they might change their tone and learn to live in peace with their neighbors. They seem to be just out looking for a fight right now, and I really don't want to see a 3rd world war, and I don't want to see the US in ANOTHER war in the fuckin' middle east.

+5
Private 1st Class karel

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:36 pm

karel wrote:
+5

Have you got 4 mice in your pocket? :)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Yesterday, a hundred people peacefully gathered outside a Zionist espionage compound in San Francisco when several Israeli spies/agents provacteurs emerged and shredded a Palestinian flag and chanted "IDF" (the name of an Israeli terrorist group) in a futile effort to provoke violence.

ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby GreecePwns on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:14 pm

Around 1000 Palestinians gathered in front of a similar building in New York, joined by anti-Zionist Jews, Occupy protesters, student groups from various universities, ordinary citizens and left-wing groups such as the Revolutionary Communist Party. On the opposite corner were around 4 or 5 Zionists waving Israeli and American flags. This video is from Thursday, but the protests have been going on daily since.

Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Frito Bandito on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:20 pm

GreecePwns wrote:Let's start with the fact that 99% of Congress is already Zionist, some vehemently so.

The Israel lobby includes the Jewish population in America, the entirety of the neo-conservative movement, Evangelical Christians, etc. etc. In other words, a group so awash with cash that they can easily influence any election they want to.

And let's say the token anti-Zionist is elected, will their opinions ever be heard when its 537 vs. 1?

This is one of the stupidest "facts" ever stated. If you want to make your case... maybe you should borrow somebody else's brain.
Captain Frito Bandito

Postby GreecePwns on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Feel free to present an argument against it.

Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Frito Bandito on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:37 pm

Where is the fact YOU stated :)
Captain Frito Bandito

Postby GreecePwns on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:44 pm

I'm pretty sure all of what I've written in this thread is true. If you don't think so, prove it.

Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Frito Bandito on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:53 pm

Well, pretty sure... now that sounds like a fact! :) : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Captain Frito Bandito

Postby Symmetry on Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:12 pm

Sorry to interrupt, but this seemed kind of interesting as to what the current Israeli government hope to achieve with regards to Israel's operation in Gaza :

Interior Minister Eli Yishai wrote:The goal of the operation is to send Gaza back to the Middle Ages. Only then will Israel be calm for forty years.

Source- Haaretz

The post is at 7:55.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:12 pm

One mind ... many tongues.

On November 15 the USA said, "We believe Israel has a right to defend itself"

Immediately, within 24 hours after that ...

Canada said: "We fundamentally believe that Israel has the right to defend itself."
    Germany said: "It is obvious that Israel has a legitimate right to defend itself."
    Holland said: "Israel has the full right to defend itself."
    Ceska said: "The Czech Republic fully recognizes Israel’s right to self defense."
    Australia said: "Australia supports Israel's right to defend itself."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Pillar_of_Cloud

ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:19 pm

Symmetry wrote:Sorry to interrupt, but this seemed kind of interesting as to what the current Israeli government hope to achieve with regards to Israel's operation in Gaza :

Interior Minister Eli Yishai wrote:The goal of the operation is to send Gaza back to the Middle Ages. Only then will Israel be calm for forty years.

Source- Haaretz

This is absolute proof of why Israel cannot be tolerated in the community of nations.

An amoeba avoids electric fields. The amoeba doesn't know why an electric field is bad, it just instinctively avoids it. At a visceral level humans understand there is something fundamentally incorrect about the existence of the State of Israel.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Symmetry on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:24 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Sorry to interrupt, but this seemed kind of interesting as to what the current Israeli government hope to achieve with regards to Israel's operation in Gaza :

Source- Haaretz

This is absolute proof of why Israel cannot be tolerated as a state in the community of nations.

An amoeba avoids electric fields. The amoeba doesn't know why an electric field is bad, it just instinctively avoids it. At a visceral level humans understand there is something fundamentally incorrect about the State of Israel. Its existence is a violation of the natural order.

Hmm, still trying to see what you can call Israel and Israelis without being openly anti-Semitic? The sad thing is that you've been doing this so long it's not even trolling anymore.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,