Conquer Club

Why Stiffer Gun Control/Bannings Are In Order

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Why Stiffer Gun Control/Bannings Are In Order

Postby Woodruff on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:47 am

Phatscotty wrote:Why don't we look at the places where these lunatics like Woodruff who want more gun control got what they wanted, like Chicago and Washington D.C, where guns are banned.

Why are you so intentionally dishonest? Why is it that regardless of the subject, you go out of your way to mischaracterize, mislead and outright lie? Why are you such a scumbag, Phatscotty?

Phatscotty wrote:You guys just need to look at the simplest of evidence to understand, whatever it takes to break the brainwash that makes people completely stop thinking when it comes to guns.

You're certainly a fine example of that.

Phatscotty wrote:It's the person, not the object.

The object certainly facilitates the capability for damage.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:49 am

...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:53 am

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Why don't we look at the places where these lunatics like Woodruff who want more gun control got what they wanted, like Chicago and Washington D.C, where guns are banned.

Why are you so intentionally dishonest? Why is it that regardless of the subject, you go out of your way to mischaracterize, mislead and outright lie? Why are you such a scumbag, Phatscotty?

Phatscotty wrote:You guys just need to look at the simplest of evidence to understand, whatever it takes to break the brainwash that makes people completely stop thinking when it comes to guns.

Your post says nothing....and you still have not offered a single alternative on how to prevent future massacres.

You are just mad you got busted lying when you said you would commit a crime in a place that you knew had guns inside, and would not choose to commit crime at the place where you know there are no guns inside.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=182634&start=75#p3989986

I busted you so hard, and your blind hypocrisy was so fully on display, your credibility is ruined forever
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:59 am

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Your post says nothing....and you still have not offered a single alternative on how to prevent future massacres.

Has anyone ever told you that you are an anal abscess on the soul of humanity?

Phatscotty wrote:You are just mad you got busted lying when you said you would commit a crime in a place that you knew had guns inside, and would not choose to commit crime at the place where you know there are no guns inside.

See, this is how utterly stupid you are. You actually believe that a sign on a door in any way represents the validity of whether there are or are not weapons inside the building.

Phatscotty wrote:I busted you so hard, and your blind hypocrisy was so fully on display, your credibility is ruined forever

I wish you WOULD actually do that. I do. It would be fascinating to see you actually change your tactics toward a more reasonable, measured and sane manner. I believe I would enjoy seeing it. Unfortunately, I do not believe there is any hope of it coming to pass.

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:00 am

again, your post is meaningless, it says nothing.

You continue to dodge the original question.

I crown thee, Woodruff, Dodge King 2013
Major Phatscotty

Postby / on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:08 am

Phatscotty wrote:Exactly. The results of gun control are crystal clear. Where gun control is implemented the most, there are more shootings than anywhere else.

What about the link about Hong Kong macbone posted on page three, or the link about Japan I posted page one?
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Woodruff on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:12 am

Phatscotty wrote:again, your post is meaningless, it says nothing.

I just wish you weren't insane. I knew I could find a good discussion here, and I thank those who have done so, even when they have disagreed with me. Unfortunately, most of the response has come from someone who isn't even slightly interested in a good discussion or trying to learn anything. You're so far off the deep end that giving you any credence at all or allowing your vile posts to go unchecked is more pointless than planting an orange tree in Antarctica.

You are the very definition of a troll, yet this site allows you to exist.

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:13 am

/ wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Exactly. The results of gun control are crystal clear. Where gun control is implemented the most, there are more shootings than anywhere else.

What about the link about Hong Kong macbone posted on page three, or the link about Japan I posted page one?

Although I have not stated so specifically, I am talking about my own country. I saw them, I accept their points. But I think it's very different since they don't have the second amendment, as we have it
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:15 am

Woodruff wrote:

I just wish you weren't insane. I knew I could find a good discussion here, and I thank those who have done so, even when they have disagreed with me. Unfortunately, most of the response has come from someone who isn't even slightly interested in a good discussion or trying to learn anything. You're so far off the deep end that giving you any credence at all or allowing your vile posts to go unchecked is more pointless than planting an orange tree in Antarctica.

that's funny, because I have been ignoring you for months, and you have been stalking me for months. That fact, which everyone knows is the truth, shows exactly which of us is full of it. It also clearly identifies the troll.

I regret to inform you that after giving you another chance, asking you a simple question as "what are the alternatives for preventing a massacre", you can't handle it, so I will have to foe you again. You can keep calling me names though, as you know very well, it doesn't bother me what you say.
Last edited by Phatscotty on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby chang50 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:17 am

/ wrote:

Surely you're not suggesting the greatest country ever has something to learn from that strange place known as the rest of the world,shock,horror,how dare you,that's unthinkable!!!
Captain chang50

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:18 am

chang50 wrote:
/ wrote:

Surely you're not suggesting the greatest country ever has something to learn from that strange place known as the rest of the world,shock,horror,how dare you,that's unthinkable!!!

What can we learn? Would you be so kind as to help us?
Major Phatscotty

Postby chang50 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:25 am

Phatscotty wrote:
chang50 wrote:
/ wrote:

Well a good place to start would be to look at countries that have stiffer gun control laws and see if they have less gun crime.Something needs to change,and if that involves amending a more than 200 year old document so be it..
Captain chang50

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:29 am

chang50 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
chang50 wrote:
/ wrote:

Well a good place to start would be to look at countries that have stiffer gun control laws and see if they have less gun crime.Something needs to change,and if that involves amending a more than 200 year old document so be it..

What are some of the best examples? Can you tell us more specifics about Japan and Hong Kong? Are there other countries that have loose gun control, but also a very low crime rate?

There is no way in hell the Second Amendment of the Constitution is going to be amended. That requires 3/4's of state to ratify. You think that's going to happen?
Major Phatscotty

Postby chang50 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:34 am

Phatscotty wrote:
chang50 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
chang50 wrote:
/ wrote:

What are some of the best examples? Are there other countries that have loose gun control, but also a very low crime rate?

There is no way in hell the Second Amendment of the Constitution is going to be amended. You think that's going to happen?

Sticking with the developed world,most of W.Europe has tighter control and lower gun crime,and I agree your country with its slavish devotion to its archaic constitution will not change,so the gun culture will continue unchecked and we will be discussing the next tragedy early next year..
Captain chang50

Postby Iliad on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:36 am

Phatscotty wrote:
chang50 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
chang50 wrote:
/ wrote:

What are some of the best examples? Can you tell us more specifics about Japan and Hong Kong? Are there other countries that have loose gun control, but also a very low crime rate?

How about you stop relying on others you freeloader and research it yourself you lazy ass?

there's even been a few decent links in this thread.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby KoolBak on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:14 am

Typical liberal spew. What's the old adage that's typical gun lover spew....oh yeah: When they outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.

Cocaine is illegal.....I know several easy places to obtain it. Your logic is an abortion.

CreepersWiener wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun

No guns = No bad guys with guns...period.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby Nobunaga on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:46 am

Recent Japanese History wrote:The Osaka School Massacre took place at Ikeda Elementary School, an elite primary school affiliated with Osaka Kyoiku University in Osaka Prefecture, Japan.

At 10:15 that morning, 37-year-old former janitor Mamoru Takuma entered the school armed with a kitchen knife and began stabbing numerous school children and teachers. He killed eight children, mostly between the ages of seven and eight, and seriously wounded thirteen other children and two teachers

Takuma was diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder, Antisocial personality disorder, and Paranoid personality disorder. He was later convicted and sentenced to death by hanging. The sentence was carried out on September 14, 2004. The Osaka School Massacre was the second largest mass murder, along with the Matsumoto incident, in recent Japanese history, exceeded both of the crimes only by the fatalities caused in the Sarin gas attack on the Tokyo subway. This incident, however, was set apart by the young age of the victims, by its occurrence at a school, and by the murderer's history of mental illness.

Do you remember hearing about this one? No?

Because the massacre in Connecticut took place where it took place, everybody screams.

I'm not a fan of teachers having guns in public schools... I've encountered more than a few teachers to whom I would never extend that level of trust.

You cannot stop this kind of tragedy from happening. If you have a madman with the intent to kill a bunch of kids... he will find a way. He'll use a gun if he has one. If not, a knife, as above.
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby Baron Von PWN on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:32 am

How about this. Unlimited access to guns. Ban bullets. Problem solved!
Sergeant 1st Class Baron Von PWN

Postby Night Strike on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:01 am

Woodruff wrote:
GabonX wrote:Our society failed these kids. There should have been an adult prepared to protect the group. PERIOD
Gratefully our country is not like Mexico where guns are illegal and similar killings are a social epidemic.

I agree that guns should not be made illegal. I disagree that school shootings are a social epidemic in Mexico. I also disagree with the implication you are making that somehow having more guns in the school would prevent or make these situations less of a problem. That's certainly not a given, and ignores the other problems inherent in such an idea.

No, the kids in Mexico just get shot in their homes and on the streets on their way to school instead of inside a school.

Woodruff wrote:Absolutely. But the biggest problem isn't the street-person who is mentally unstable. They are largely harmless. The serious problems are the ones who aren't quite yet as far gone but who have access to equipment and facilities that make them far more dangerous.

So you would take away the rights of people to own a gun simply because they have a child that may have a mental disorder? Because from early indications, the guns used in this attack were the mother's guns, not the shooter's.

chang50 wrote:Well a good place to start would be to look at countries that have stiffer gun control laws and see if they have less gun crime.Something needs to change,and if that involves amending a more than 200 year old document so be it..

There are nearly 300 million guns in the US, yet there are fewer than 15,000 homicides by gun in the US, with the vast majority of those being related to gang and/or drug violence. If guns were the problem, everyone in the US would be dead. It's the people who choose to commit crimes who are the problem, not all people who own or carry a gun. Let's start blaming the criminal for doing criminal acts instead of blaming all of society for the actions of one person.
Major Night Strike

Postby MegaProphet on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:05 am

I think stricter gun control laws should be put into place. I do not know if they would prevent these tragedies, but I also do not know why a member of the general public would possibly need an assault rifle. I think the loophole that allows people to be sold guns online or at a gun show without a background check needs to be closed because minors, criminals, and people with known psychiatric problems should not be sold guns. I think these are reasonable restrictions.

I do not think the solution is arming teachers. How much would it cost to train them? Where is this money coming from? Can they be trusted with guns? Both to keep them away from minors and to not misuse them?

After reading this thread I've come to agree with Woodruff that the solution is to change the way mental illness is looked at in this country. However I think that may be more difficult to accomplish. Banning guns is being touted as the solution by many because it seems like an easy fix.
Corporal MegaProphet

Postby Night Strike on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:07 am

MegaProphet wrote:I think stricter gun control laws should be put into place. I do not know if they would prevent these tragedies, but I also do not know why a member of the general public would possibly need an assault rifle. I think the loophole that allows people to be sold guns online or at a gun show without a background check needs to be closed because minors, criminals, and people with known psychiatric problems should not be sold guns. I think these are reasonable restrictions.

Exactly none of those would have changed the circumstances in the Connecticut shooting.
Major Night Strike

Postby MegaProphet on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:16 am

Night Strike wrote:
MegaProphet wrote:I think stricter gun control laws should be put into place. I do not know if they would prevent these tragedies, but I also do not know why a member of the general public would possibly need an assault rifle. I think the loophole that allows people to be sold guns online or at a gun show without a background check needs to be closed because minors, criminals, and people with known psychiatric problems should not be sold guns. I think these are reasonable restrictions.

Exactly none of those would have changed the circumstances in the Connecticut shooting.

That may be, this is simply what I believe should happen regardless of the recent tragedies and is not my solution to prevent more tragedies in the future. I thought I should let everyone know my opinion on gun control before offering up what I believe would prevent these events in the future: changing the way mental illness is looked at in our country/society.
Corporal MegaProphet

Postby Borderdawg on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:29 pm

I do not think the solution is arming teachers. How much would it cost to train them? Where is this money coming from? Can they be trusted with guns? Both to keep them away from minors and to not misuse them?

After reading this thread I've come to agree with Woodruff that the solution is to change the way mental illness is looked at in this country. However I think that may be more difficult to accomplish. Banning guns is being touted as the solution by many because it seems like an easy fix.

Actually, giving teachers with a concealed carry permit the right to carry in school is not a bad idea. Administrators and local law could select individuals from a pool of volunteers already possessing a concealed carry permit, then law enforcement can run them through a short training/orientation program, which I am willing to bet the cops would provide at no charge. As the teachers have already obtained their permit and own their own weapon, no cost there either. This process should go a long way to alleviating your trust issues. As for keeping them away from students, there are so many secure conceal carry rigs available this really isn't an issue. Again, we are talking about a person who has been vetted by his superiors and local law.
Now, before ya'll pantywaist gun-haters start your whinin', we aren't talking teachers/school employees playing Wyatt Earp. Obviously, the lunatic with weapon in hand has the advantage over the cc in a surprise confrontation. However, in situations where there is some slight warning, such as the sound of gunfire and screams, the cc can get his weapon at the ready, surprising the lunatic. Will innocents still die? Unfortunately, sometimes yes. But the carnage can be greatly lessened by one armed person the lunatic doesn't know about.

Oh, and woody, before you start telling us all about your superior weapons training as a lil' air doggy, please remember that I too am a veteran, and I too have been quite thoroughly trained in the care and feeding of firearms. At least as well as you, probably better. :D
Asst. Gatekeeper, XI Games.
Corporal Borderdawg

Postby GabonX on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:38 pm

Woodruff wrote:
GabonX wrote:
Woodruff wrote:I would suggest that a criminal that was concerned with the signs posted on the establishment is a criminal looking at a very short and ill-fated career.

These mass murdering spree killers tend to have very short and ill-fated careers, actually...

You may have missed it, but my statement there is in response to Phatscotty's idea that criminals (apparently of all types) would hesitate over signs.

I got that actually. I think you missed the point, that being that if mass murdering spree killers destined for very short and ill-fated careers thought that a given location had people legitimately prepared to defend themselves present, they probably wouldn't go there.

In all seriousness though, adults in right to carry states that choose not to exercise their rights are the ones who are truly responsible for these mass killings.

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
GabonX wrote:Our society failed these kids. There should have been an adult prepared to protect the group. PERIOD
Gratefully our country is not like Mexico where guns are illegal and similar killings are a social epidemic.

I agree that guns should not be made illegal. I disagree that school shootings are a social epidemic in Mexico. I also disagree with the implication you are making that somehow having more guns in the school would prevent or make these situations less of a problem. That's certainly not a given, and ignores the other problems inherent in such an idea.

No, the kids in Mexico just get shot in their homes and on the streets on their way to school instead of inside a school.

The girls get raped a lot too. Mass killings and rape are a social epidemic in Mexico where guns are banned to protect the people.
Spazz Arcane wrote:If birds could swim and fish could fly I would awaken in the morning to the sturgeons cry. If fish could fly and birds could swim I'd still use worms to fish for them.
saxitoxin wrote:I'm on Team GabonX
Captain GabonX

Postby Woodruff on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:53 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

that's funny, because I have been ignoring you for months, and you have been stalking me for months. That fact, which everyone knows is the truth, shows exactly which of us is full of it. It also clearly identifies the troll.

I regret to inform you that after giving you another chance, asking you a simple question as "what are the alternatives for preventing a massacre", you can't handle it, so I will have to foe you again. You can keep calling me names though, as you know very well, it doesn't bother me what you say.

A coward is as a coward does, coward.

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,