Conquer Club

Gun Free Zones

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should Schools Have an Armed Professional on Campus?

Total votes : 0

Re: Repeal Gun Free School Zones!?

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:10 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:Man, those law-abiding citizens are really responsible with their firearms.

http://www.abc27.com/story/24480398/pol ... -prankster

A 14-year-old boy was shot in the foot while he and other juveniles were ringing doorbells at Arendtsville homes as a prank early this morning, according to police.

Authorities have arrested the alleged shooter, 28-year-old Eric Lee Steinour, and have charged him with aggravated assault, simple assault and reckless endangerment, according to state police in Gettysburg.

Several juveniles were involved in the pranks at around 2 a.m. when Steinour confronted two of the youths in an alley and fired a shot from a handgun when they ran away, police said in a news release.

He should be held fully accountable for his recklessness. I do disagree that this is any good reason to support a ban on guns though.

Do you want to ban glass bottles after this story? http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2014/01/18/one-employee-stabbed-multiple-times-another-hit-head-after-fight-breaks-out-inside-boston-bar/I7h52KQZCsfZKfRaREw4VP/story.html

A second employee who told police someone broke a bottle over his head was also taken to Mass. General, Grant said.

I'd rather ban alcohol, but banning guns is more politically feasible.

The two are mutually exclusive from each other so i have no idea what the intent of your reply is.

The two are not mutually exclusive. In your example the accident happened in a bar, and Phatscotty implied in response to my shooting example that the guy was probably drunk. So, take away the alcohol and a lot of the stupid fights go away. Unfortunately, the last time we tried that it didn't end so well.

So you would say that overall there is less violence with allowing alcohol to remain legal than there would be if there was an attempt to make it illegal?
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:35 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:So you would say that overall there is less violence with allowing alcohol to remain legal than there would be if there was an attempt to make it illegal?

I don't know. There was a lot of organized crime during the 1930s, and that may have resulted in more net violence, but we'd likely be better able to control that now.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:So you would say that overall there is less violence with allowing alcohol to remain legal than there would be if there was an attempt to make it illegal?

I don't know. There was a lot of organized crime during the 1930s, and that may have resulted in more net violence, but we'd likely be better able to control that now.

Politicians are far more corrupt now than in the 1930's. The alcohol related crimes of the 30's were a direct result of the government growing and trying to regulate/ban a product.
Major Phatscotty

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:46 pm

i wonder if this guy was aware that this was illegal or not.
http://www.sunherald.com/2014/01/18/5268740/authorities-trying-to-identify.html
damn law abiding citizens locking the damn doors. should've known they'd just bash the door in.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:57 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:

I wonder how much tax revenue is generated from the taxation of alcohol.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:25 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

According to TurboTax, $5.6 billion.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:49 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:$5.6 billion.

my guess would have been way higher.

but i was assuming sales tax at the store as well. i don't think turbo tax factored that in.

and if you really want to get nit picky, i'd like to see operating licenses and vendor license as well as business taxes for bars and breweries. and anything else you may be able to think of. ( including dui/pi fines??? )

i wonder how long it will be before wacky weed brings in these dollars instead of the drug lords taking it all in. i doubt it will do much in the way of affecting our lives tho'. as far as tax dollars benefiting us. probably just go towards new tablets and i-phones for senators and what not.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:28 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

According to TurboTax, $5.6 billion.

I'm just saying, there's a lot of money to be made by making illegal drugs legal. Plus, you know, other benefits like less gun violence.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Re: Gun Free Zones

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:10 am

Israel has had no classroom shootings since 1974 when they started arming teachers.

Major Phatscotty

Postby mrswdk on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:19 am

Wrong. There was a school shooting in Israel in 2008.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle ... 282269.stm
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:34 am

mrswdk wrote:Wrong. There was a school shooting in Israel in 2008.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle ... 282269.stm

thanks for th correction.

Still 1 in 42 years is is utterly amazing, especially considering it's Israel.

It goes to show just how much fear can dominate the rationale concerning those who think arming teachers is pure insanity.
Major Phatscotty

Postby mrswdk on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:13 am

You guys should think about having army roadblocks everywhere as well, like Northern Ireland used to.

Nothing to spice up your morning commute like having your car completely dismantled at the side of the ride by a group of burly squaddies.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:39 am

mrswdk wrote:You guys should think about having army roadblocks everywhere as well, like Northern Ireland used to.

Nothing to spice up your morning commute like having your car completely dismantled at the side of the ride by a group of burly squaddies.

No thanks. We straight.

Major Phatscotty

Postby KoolBak on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:25 am

Bumper sticker on my truck says it right.

"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant KoolBak

Postby subtleknifewield on Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:22 am

KoolBak wrote:Bumper sticker on my truck says it right.

+1
Sergeant 1st Class subtleknifewield

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,