Conquer Club

Flu Shots, MFers

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Flu? No Flu? WTF?

Total votes : 0

Re: Flu Shots, MFers

Postby nietzsche on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:46 pm

I've NEVER had a flu shot in my life.

I'm alive.

It's been 3 years that I haven't had the flu or a cold. I will not tell you what I do for this because if BBS, Tailgunner and others already think I'm a quack, they will now for sure now.

Couple of years ago my aunt was on vacation in phoenix or tucson i dont remember, she saw that they were applying the flu shot at walgreens and got one, got sick, next year her daughter that is an md send her flu shots and she got one and got sick. She's not your poster adult for a flu shot. This year she hasn't got the flu shot that I know. If she gets a flu shot this year i will not want to say im related to her anymore.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby oVo on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:51 pm

I got a flu shot at Walgreens last Thursday, so I'm avoiding human contact for another eleven days.
Major oVo

Postby Serbia on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Viruses don't kill people; people kill people.

Oh wait, wrong thread.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby TheProwler on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:09 pm

My friend gets the flu shot and he is herpes-free.
El Capitan X wrote:The people in flame wars just seem to get dimmer and dimmer. Seriously though, I love your style, always a good read.
General TheProwler

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:44 pm

Serbia wrote:Viruses don't kill people; people kill people.

Oh wait, wrong thread.

You're just a rebel without a cause. Go get 'em.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Symmetry on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:05 pm

nietzsche wrote:I've NEVER had a flu shot in my life.

I'm alive.

It's been 3 years that I haven't had the flu or a cold. I will not tell you what I do for this because if BBS, Tailgunner and others already think I'm a quack, they will now for sure now.

Couple of years ago my aunt was on vacation in phoenix or tucson i dont remember, she saw that they were applying the flu shot at walgreens and got one, got sick, next year her daughter that is an md send her flu shots and she got one and got sick. She's not your poster adult for a flu shot. This year she hasn't got the flu shot that I know. If she gets a flu shot this year i will not want to say im related to her anymore.

Did either of them get sick with the flu though? Or did they just get sick?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:34 pm

Symmetry wrote:

I'm alive.

Does it have to be the flu??

Sorry, I forger than getting sick is more often used for stomachache. She got the flu.
General nietzsche

Postby Symmetry on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:39 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I'm alive.

Sorry, I forger than getting sick is more often used for stomachache. She got the flu.

It's kind of important if you're saying that that there's causation, and important info if they got a cold, say, but not the flu.

But hey, it's your story.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:40 pm

Symmetry wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I'm alive.

It's kind of important if you're saying that that there's causation, and important info if they got a cold, say, but not the flu.

I was kidding ;)
General nietzsche

Postby Symmetry on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:51 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I'm alive.

I was kidding ;)

Of course you were.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:45 pm

I abstain from voting because to do so might put my body at risk.... LOL (that is, If I say I am well... I will likely get very sick tommorrow .. i am slightly superstitious in that way).

Seriously, I had to have the shot for work. Flu is epidemic in my town right now, and the old folks' facility where I work is in semi--quarantine because of it. (Residents are not allowed out of their rooms to socialize, visitors are limited, staff all have to wear masks and gloves constantly... etc.). Restrictions are somewhat silly, though since the ventilation system circulates air all throughout the building....

Anwyay, EVERYONE who works there has to be vaccinated.. that is about 160 people (overall, including the main hospital), all very much exposed to the flu. Maybe a third are getting sick, but are having what are considered milder versions. I see a similar trend among school kids, other folks who are in group settings. One would expect massive absences if the flu were rampant, but instead we see only some here and there.
Last edited by PLAYER57832 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Symmetry wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I'm alive.

Actually, this is a pretty important point. A LOT of people mistake other illnesses for the flu. Many people get a cold or stomache ailment during the flu season and think they have the flu.

Here is a quiz to check...

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-or-flu-quiz
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:36 pm

I've never had a flu shot. I did not get the flu until I became a father and I've gotten in the last two years. I will be getting a flu shot next year.

In fact, I have the flu right now.

If you read this post, you've contracted the flu... unless you've received a flu shot.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby kentington on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:48 pm

thegreekdog wrote:I've never had a flu shot. I did not get the flu until I became a father and I've gotten in the last two years. I will be getting a flu shot next year.

If you read this post, you've contracted the flu... unless you've received a flu shot.

I don't get the flu shot. Never have.
I have been a father for six years and I may have gotten the flu once. It only lasted 24hours, so it may have been something else. A couple of times I thought I had the flu, turns out kidney stones can really mess you up.
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:57 pm

kentington wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:I've never had a flu shot. I did not get the flu until I became a father and I've gotten in the last two years. I will be getting a flu shot next year.

I don't get the flu shot. Never have.
I have been a father for six years and I may have gotten the flu once. It only lasted 24hours, so it may have been something else. A couple of times I thought I had the flu, turns out kidney stones can really mess you up.

You're a better man than me. I never really got sick. In November 2010 (my first was a few months old) I vomitted all over my car and missed work for three days. This year I developed a major sinus infection and lost my voice (but did not miss work).
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby kentington on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:07 pm

thegreekdog wrote:You're a better man than me. I never really got sick. In November 2010 (my first was a few months old) I vomitted all over my car and missed work for three days. This year I developed a major sinus infection and lost my voice (but did not miss work).

Holy Mole. I hate sinus infections. I believe I had the beginning of one last cold season. Where if you bend forward at all the pressure on the front of your head feels like it is about to explode. If I was vomiting I would miss work too. There is no way I am going to be working on a machine at a customer and then have to clean vomit out of it, while trying not to vomit again.

My co-worker climbed under a machine and knocked a heavy part down and it hit his nose and cut it open. I had to clean up a lot of blood that day. Vomit for me is ten times worse because of the smell. I have a sensitive snozz.
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Postby #1_stunna on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:33 pm

12:17:31 ‹Pixar› im gonna be fappin to that all night long
10:59:12 ‹rhp 1› holy hell... that did it.. I pissed myself
15:15:52 ‹Ace Rimmer› Sackett58, I think I may get some action this weekend
15:16:05 ‹Sackett58› Right hand or left Ace?
Major #1_stunna

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:14 am

I didn't research much, I don't know what to make of this, but I'd thought I'd share it here:

Video:
http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=13EAA ... D2CD90EF7B

Transcript:
http://www.naturalnews.com/033584_Dr_Ma ... z2KerOzxzX
General nietzsche

Postby Symmetry on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:26 am

thegreekdog wrote:
kentington wrote:

This year I developed a major sinus infection and lost my voice (but did not miss work).

Non-infectious, I hope.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:10 am

Since I'm diabetic I get put onto a priority list for the flu jab. I think the last time I had it was around October and I ended up with a really bad cold. My immune system is weaker then the average person's though, being diabetic, and I always seem to have a cold or bad cough of some kind.

I wonder if I have asthma at times, but my doctors are pretty useless.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:54 am

Now that I work in the public school system, I get the flu shot every year. Any teacher that doesn't get the flu shot is asking for trouble, in my opinion. I didn't get it my first year, and there was hell to pay.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:05 pm

nietzsche wrote:I didn't research much, I don't know what to make of this, but I'd thought I'd share it here:

Video:
http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=13EAA ... D2CD90EF7B

Transcript:
http://www.naturalnews.com/033584_Dr_Ma ... z2KerOzxzX

I wonder if Andy was among those monkeys.
General nietzsche

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,