Conquer Club

Questions for Evolutionists

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Questions for Evolutionists

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:24 am

I think the solution, as I see it, is to compress primates into coal. Solves both issues.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby notyou2 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:43 am

Viceroy63 wrote:
Timminz wrote:*logarithmic

I was curious about that laboratory created coal, so I googled it. Can anyone guess what the top hit was?

It was Creation Worldview Ministries. I've never heard of this group before, but I might suggest that they're not exactly impartial.

The only other reference to actually being able to create coal in a lab, was a link to Conservapedia, where their source was, you might have guessed it, Creation Ministries International.

Towards the end of World War II, the Germans were on the verge of incredible discoveries and inventions. Planes that could fly at super sonic speeds. Missiles that can deliver bombs to nations across the Atlantic Ocean and to any part of the world for that matter. Bombs that could lay waste of whole cities with a single explosion and Submarines that would only need to surface for the loading up of solid food substances. These submarines would take the oxygen that they need directly from the water and the left over hydrogen gas would be more than enough to power the submarines' hydrogen engines.

Needless to say that this technology conveniently disappeared to a world ruled by Oil tycoons and banking barons. Only now when humanity is at the ends of it's ropes does this technology resurface to the fore front of science and technology in hopes of resolving our current energy crisis. A crisis which I might add was created by greedy corporations willing to do anything for the almighty dollar. Including the suppression and hiding of technologies that would benefit all of mankind!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ljhGUia9Yk

Through out history we see this same pattern repeated over and over again where the good of the many is sacrificed for the financial benefit of a few. Turner and his car was an excellent example of this. The creation of the modern car was some 30 or 40 years ahead of it's time and the big 3, Ford, GM and Chrysler, were not able to keep up with the possibility that this car would change everything. So they stole his ideas and his patents and I believed even had the guy killed. But the point is that the car was suppressed and never heard of again. The Big 3 went on to rake in the billions of dollars in profits based on the ideas of a nameless inventor.

But some would rather believe that it is the "CMI" (Creation Ministries International) who are the one's with out scruples. Go figure?

http://www.trutv.com/conspiracy/in-the- ... y.all.html

The same thing has happened with the discovery that Coal can be artificially created in a laboratory. It's just common sense because if this is true then an entire industry is put out of work and thousands (Thanks for the correction stranger) are left unemployed and in need of finding new careers. But the ones who really lose out are those few owners and captains of industries who dig the coal out of the earth and have an invested interest in continuing to do so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PILlP_yDZ2o

Unlike the diamond industry which was also once believed to be unreproducible except by millions of Years of pressure and heat, the coal industry is not a luxury but a necessity for the heating of peoples homes so the people would have to pay if they want power. Now we know that Power is actually one of the most if not the cheapest commodity in existence. So why do the light bills still come so high?

The fact is that making "artificial" coal is a process that has been with us since the great depression. Even Before Nazi Germany Ingenuity. So how come we don't hear about this? Could it be that these damn religious nuts like "CMI" are to blame for concealing the matter in the first place?

The following can be read at...
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ed006p64
Journal of Chemical Education, 1929

Please make a new argument. I am a Hitler denier. World War II never happened.
Captain notyou2

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:09 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Make a thread, and we'll use some informal rules. E.g. whenever a creationist barges in and spouts off his uninformed opinion, we'll simply direct him to this read, then ignore him while patiently reading the evolutionists explain whatever topic you've brought up.

There already are several such threads. But each young earther believes they and they alone have the real evidence.. becuase they have been very carefully trained to believe it is so obvious that we all have been lied to and only they know the truth, they just cannot accept reality might be otherwise.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:11 pm

universalchiro wrote: .
Petrified trees are said to take 500,000 years to form. Yet Mount Saint Helen erupted in 1980. And has produced petrified trees. Ooops
Show your evidence.. or rather show to what you are referring, exactly.

universalchiro wrote:
Coal is said to take 20 million years to form. Yet, If I take a piece of wood, in a tube, add trace elements of clay and water, seal it in a vacuum, bake it at 150 degrees Celsius for 8 months; Presto... that piece of wood is now 100% coal. That newly formed coal, when tested by scientist to determine it's age, wow, you guessed it. They determine it's 20 million years old.

Again, show real verified proof.

Also, know that there are multiple forms of dating, not just the atomic methods to which you refer. They are used in conjunction with each other, not seperately.
universalchiro wrote:
So since Nature is able to accelerate the aging process, and mankind is able to accelerate the aging process. Then the rate of decay has not always been constant. And life on earth is indeed much younger than evolution is theorizing.

Show proof.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:12 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:Towards the end of World War II, the Germans were on the verge of incredible discoveries and inventions. Planes that could fly at super sonic speeds. Missiles that can deliver bombs to nations across the Atlantic Ocean and to any part of the world for that matter. Bombs that could lay waste of whole cities with a single explosion and Submarines that would only need to surface for the loading up of solid food substances. These submarines would take the oxygen that they need directly from the water and the left over hydrogen gas would be more than enough to power the submarines' hydrogen engines.

Needless to say that this technology conveniently disappeared to a world ruled by Oil tycoons and banking barons. Only now when humanity is at the ends of it's ropes does this technology resurface to the fore front of science and technology in hopes of resolving our current energy crisis. A crisis which I might add was created by greedy corporations willing to do anything for the almighty dollar. Including the suppression and hiding of technologies that would benefit all of mankind!

1) The Germans never got close to building a nuclear weapon by the end of the war
2) The rocket technology didn't disappear; where do you think the Apollo program came from?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:20 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:
Towards the end of World War II, the Germans were on the verge of incredible discoveries and inventions. Planes that could fly at super sonic speeds. Missiles that can deliver bombs to nations across the Atlantic Ocean and to any part of the world for that matter. Bombs that could lay waste of whole cities with a single explosion and Submarines that would only need to surface for the loading up of solid food substances. These submarines would take the oxygen that they need directly from the water and the left over hydrogen gas would be more than enough to power the submarines' hydrogen engines.

I can present a few far less far-fetched scenarios.. such as why Los Angeles has a great freeway system instead of subways (General Motors, in particular is implicated, to get Californians would by more cars).and why hemp/marihauna was originally outlawed (because of the threat to timber companies using tree pulp)

Seriously... you don't have to invent things.

Viceroy63 wrote:

Through out history we see this same pattern repeated over and over again where the good of the many is sacrificed for the financial benefit of a few. Turner and his car was an excellent example of this. The creation of the modern car was some 30 or 40 years ahead of it's time and the big 3, Ford, GM and Chrysler, were not able to keep up with the possibility that this car would change everything. So they stole his ideas and his patents and I believed even had the guy killed. But the point is that the car was suppressed and never heard of again. The Big 3 went on to rake in the billions of dollars in profits based on the ideas of a nameless inventor.

This is a twist on real events, just stick to truth.. its enough.

Regardless, we all know that corruption exists, etc. What does that have to do with evolution? Are you somehow under the impression that evolution and biology are these huge founts of money? In fact, the average professional biologist makes less than a beginning techie.
Viceroy63 wrote:

But some would rather believe that it is the "CMI" (Creation Ministries International) who are the one's with out scruples. Go figure?

Well, see there is this little matter of proof. CMI (along with IRC.. not sure if they are technically independent or not), skips that part. Skipping it by failing to teach what proof is and/or pretending that you can take short cuts in the name of religion is not an example of honesty and integrity.. sorry, but you have been duped.\

Again, the evidence is out there. But since you refuse to even investigate, and just insist it doesn't exist.. well, convenient, but not honesty.

What is particularly disturbing about this "its the money argument is that actually the opposite is the real truth. One major impact of all this false science is a large number of people who continue to deny the truth behind global climate change, the dangers of species eradication.. and many other impacts that require both serious time, money and energy to solve.

Creationists neatly avoid all that by pretending it just doesn't matter. So, if you wish to follow the money.. at least do so honestly.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:29 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I think the solution, as I see it, is to compress primates into coal. Solves both issues.

--Andy

Suppose we had a machine which compresses primates into coal, which was then used to power that machine. Infinite power is at our fingertips, but the man is keeping us down.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Lootifer on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:01 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:I think the solution, as I see it, is to compress primates into coal. Solves both issues.

--Andy

Suppose we had a machine which compresses primates into coal, which was then used to power that machine. Infinite power is at our fingertips, but the man is keeping us down.

Bro, you dont even need that, just electrolyse water and then burn the products. Perpetual motion!

Also fun fact: hydrogen engine is a type of internal combustion engine; guess what other source of fuel uses one of those little guys?

Good lord as im typing this I cant quite believe how far Viceroy would clutch to push his agenda! This is why we cant have nice things...
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Viceroy63 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:44 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:

I can present a few far less far-fetched scenarios.. such as why Los Angeles has a great freeway system instead of subways (General Motors, in particular is implicated, to get Californians would by more cars).and why hemp/marihauna was originally outlawed (because of the threat to timber companies using tree pulp)

Seriously... you don't have to invent things.

Seriously Player; You are a real bright boy, just deceived like a fool if you think that Hydrogen cars are my invention.

ā€œIT IS the fuel of the futureā€”and always will be,ā€ sceptics joke. And in recent years it was hard not to chuckle: fuel cells and other promising hydrogen technologies looked like they would remain little more than science-fair projects.

But a series of alliances suggests that things are looking up for the lightest of all elements. Carmakers are increasingly worried that building battery-powered cars will not be enough to meet tough emissions and fuel-economy standards. So hydrogen is once again gaining credibilityā€”and the R&D dollars that could finally make it a reality.

Late last month, for instance, Toyota and BMW revealed plans to cooperate on hydrogen fuel cell research. Only days earlier Ford, Daimler and Nissan had announced they would team up in a push to bring their own fuel cell technology to market as early as 2017. ā€œThis technology has the biggest potential for emission-free driving,ā€ said Thomas Weber, Daimlerā€™s chief technologist.

Carmakers have been toying with the technology for years. In the mid-1990s hydrogen power was seen as a revolution in the making. The big draw was the fact that the gas could either be burned in an internal combustion engine, much like gasoline, or used in a fuel-cell stack. And the only thing to come out of the exhaust pipe would be water vapour.
http://www.economist.com/blogs/schumpet ... wered-cars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-piMEZ2WcQU
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby Maugena on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:06 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:Seriously Player; You are a real bright boy, just deceived like a fool if you think that Hydrogen cars are my invention.

You just made yourself look like a dunce, breh.
That wasn't even remotely close to what Player was saying.

Also, I can pretty much guarantee you that Player probably knew about hydrogen powered cars long before you did.
She's pretty well informed, generally speaking.

Really, though, we all have known about hydrogen powered cars for quite some time. Thanks.

Also: Welcome to the forums! Player's a woman. The more you know!
Last edited by Maugena on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renewed yet infused with apathy.
Let's just have a good time, all right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjQii_BboIk
New Recruit Maugena

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:07 pm

Yes, it's methane-powered rhetoric we have a problem with.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Maugena on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:08 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:Yes, it's methane-powered rhetoric we have a problem with.

Generated from the mouth, typically.
Tragically inefficient, but is a renewable resource. (Unfortunately.)
Renewed yet infused with apathy.
Let's just have a good time, all right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjQii_BboIk
New Recruit Maugena

Postby universalchiro on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:51 pm

The problem with evolutionist regarding the Biblical model of creation: It's not that they won't believe in God creating everything, it's that evolutionist are incapable of understanding the words of the God. They can't believe. Why? Because the Bible is spiritually written and spiritually discerned. And the unsaved person cannot understand it. But saved people have the mind of Christ and we are given ability to understand. (1 Corinthians 2:10-16, paraphrased for the simple).

The only way to understand and gain knowledge, is to believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins and rose from the grave 3 days later, conquering death and sin. And freeing you from the wages of your sins (past, present & future), which is death (spiritual death forever).

The choice is eternity in Hell, where there is gnashing of teeth, pain, suffering, darkness and no ability to escape. Or eternity in Heaven, where there is peace, no tears, no suffering, joy, no crying, singing.

Chose now... Don't delay.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:27 pm

The problem with evolutionist regarding the Ancient Egyptian model of creation: It's not that they won't believe in Ra creating everything, it's that evolutionist are incapable of understanding the words of the Ra. They can't believe. Why? Because the Holy Texts are spiritually written and spiritually discerned. And the unsaved person cannot understand it. But saved people have the mind of Ra and we are given ability to understand. (In other words, it's a complicated way of saying, "we're special, which is why you refuse to consistently apply your standard of science/logic")

The only way to understand and gain knowledge, is to believe that Ra rose from the waters of Num and made a hill, upon which the sun shone. And allowing you partake in this wonderful life.

Each person possesses a ka, or life-force, which left the body at the point of death. In life, the ka received its sustenance from food and drink, so in order to endure after death, the ka must continue to receive offerings of food, whose spiritual essence it could still consume. Each person also had a ba, the set of spiritual characteristics unique to each individual. Unlike the ka, the ba remained attached to the body after death. Egyptian funeral rituals release the ba from the body so that it could move freely, and to rejoin it with the ka so that it could live on as an akh. However, it was also important that the body of the deceased be preserved, as the Egyptians believed that the ba returned to its body each night to receive new life, before emerging in the morning as an akh.

Choose now... Don't delay. You don't want to keep your ka waiting!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby chang50 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:30 pm

universalchiro wrote:The problem with evolutionist regarding the Biblical model of creation: It's not that they won't believe in God creating everything, it's that evolutionist are incapable of understanding the words of the God. They can't believe. Why? Because the Bible is spiritually written and spiritually discerned. And the unsaved person cannot understand it. But saved people have the mind of Christ and we are given ability to understand. (1 Corinthians 2:10-16, paraphrased for the simple).

The only way to understand and gain knowledge, is to believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins and rose from the grave 3 days later, conquering death and sin. And freeing you from the wages of your sins (past, present & future), which is death (spiritual death forever).

The choice is eternity in Hell, where there is gnashing of teeth, pain, suffering, darkness and no ability to escape. Or eternity in Heaven, where there is peace, no tears, no suffering, joy, no crying, singing.

I have chosen,thank you,and regardless of how terrible hell is,if it existed,it would be preferable to me than to spend eternity with people who think like you.This is not bravado but my sincerely held belief reached after decades of consideration.One life surrounded by craziness is enough..
Captain chang50

Postby tzor on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:33 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:Towards the end of World War II, the Germans were on the verge of incredible discoveries and inventions. Planes that could fly at super sonic speeds. Missiles that can deliver bombs to nations across the Atlantic Ocean and to any part of the world for that matter. Bombs that could lay waste of whole cities with a single explosion and Submarines that would only need to surface for the loading up of solid food substances. These submarines would take the oxygen that they need directly from the water and the left over hydrogen gas would be more than enough to power the submarines' hydrogen engines.

Oh boy, you really do live in fantasy world. The answer is no to all of these things.

Germany did have jet fighter technology. They did have rockets that could go supersonic (but not across the Atlantic) but they had not yet crossed the sound barrier on winged flight. Electrolysis of water was clearly known at the time but it still required electricity to produce. Every bit of oxygen used was that much hydrogen that could not be recombined. I do not think this was extensively used on German U-Boats, however as battery technology was generally primitive.
Cadet tzor

Postby tzor on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:45 pm

universalchiro wrote:The problem with evolutionist regarding the Biblical model of creation: It's not that they won't believe in God creating everything, it's that evolutionist are incapable of understanding the words of the God. They can't believe. Why? Because the Bible is spiritually written and spiritually discerned. And the unsaved person cannot understand it. But saved people have the mind of Christ and we are given ability to understand. (1 Corinthians 2:10-16, paraphrased for the simple).

That's probably deeper than you might realize. Let's change this a little ...

"The problem with creationist regarding the Biblical model of creation: it's that creationists are incapable of understanding the words of the God. Why? Because the Bible is spiritually written and spiritually discerned."

That's the problem; the Bible is "spiritually written." It contains "spiritual truths" not scientific ones. The Bible tells these fundamental truths in forms common to ancient understanding and culture. When you stare at the Bible long enough to find technical tidbits where none exist you are, as Peter writes, "twisting the scripture to your own Damnation." The pillar and bulwark of truth is the community of faith (aka the "church"). The Bible tells us how to go to heaven, not how the heavens go.
Cadet tzor

Postby comic boy on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:09 am

Thats a very nice sermon , has nothing to do with evolution or any branch of science though.You guys really need to start using your religion as a tool for good rather than a blunt instrument bashing away at truth and Knowledge. Im pretty sure Jesus would not have suffered the children to be decieved by fundamentalist dogma , to be deprived of Scientific truth , to have his name associated with ignorance,falsehoods and idiocies.
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:27 am

Yes, it's the "Ha ha, I'm saved and you're not" song again! Just as persuasive this time as last.

Note that nobody was able to have any knowledge before Jesus. Bit of a mis-step on God's part, don't you think? Especially as he apparently wiped out the entire planet at one point 'cos we didn't get the message.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:44 am

huh, another guy who believes in god cause he is scared of death. completely unexpected that.

Btw, you ever notice how hell is always a lot more descriptive than heaven? The lake of fire, the gnashing of teeth etc etc
So, what about heaven? How does it look like? Is this ever revealed?

I have a pet theory that heaven isn't really described much because while we can mostly agree that eternal torture is unpleasant different people will probably have wildly different views of what eternal happiness looks like.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby 2dimes on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:00 am

Haggis_McMutton wrote:I have a pet theory that heaven isn't really described much because while we can mostly agree that eternal torture is unpleasant different people will probably have wildly different views of what eternal happiness looks like.

I probably shouldn't be in here. I don't have questions for evolutionist besides, "May I have a water powered engine for my wife's Avalanche?"

The bible states something along the lines of, "Eyes have not seen the things in heaven." Suggesting we can't even imagine how good it is never mind describe it. Yahushua said we won't have marriage, gender or sex. Yet heaven will be better than anything here. No wonder we can't imagine it.

Yeah, I just admitted being married to someone can at times be the best thing on earth.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:40 am

2dimes wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:I have a pet theory that heaven isn't really described much because while we can mostly agree that eternal torture is unpleasant different people will probably have wildly different views of what eternal happiness looks like.

I probably shouldn't be in here. I don't have questions for evolutionist besides, "May I have a water powered engine for my wife's Avalanche?"

The bible states something along the lines of, "Eyes have not seen the things in heaven." Suggesting we can't even imagine how good it is never mind describe it. Yahushua said we won't have marriage, gender or sex. Yet heaven will be better than anything here. No wonder we can't imagine it.

Yeah, I just admitted being married to someone can at times be the best thing on earth.

I figured that if the writers presented their particular view of heaven, then it could turn off certain groups who'd disagree, so they left that description of heaven sparse. It's a good marketing strategy!
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby 2dimes on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:43 am

Huh. So 72 virgins sounds like a lousy deal?

I would have wrote them as disease free sluts that cook well and always have beverages ready also. Guess I wasn't wearing my pre-teen wife's outfit when I thought that up though.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:35 am

2dimes wrote:Huh. So 72 virgins sounds like a lousy deal?

I would have wrote them as disease free sluts that cook well and always have beverages ready also. Guess I wasn't wearing my pre-teen wife's outfit when I thought that up though.

Different firms use different marketing strategies.

RE: the rest. Shame on you!
Major BigBallinStalin

Re: Re:

Postby 2dimes on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:57 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
RE: the rest. Shame on you!

Wait what part = "the rest"?

I'd like the record to reflect I had not seen this before I "for shame"ed you in the other thread.

Great minds? :P
Corporal 2dimes

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,