Conquer Club

Pentagon Lifts Ban on Women in Combat

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Pentagon Lifts Ban on Women in Combat

Postby Lootifer on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:10 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Lootifer wrote:I'd have thought you'd see the unfortunate aspect being that they are not sufficiently rewarded for caretaking (nor properly incentivised to do a good job of it).

Wasn't there some study showing how doubling the available workforce fucked salaries up? I would do an internet search for "doubling available workforce + fucking up salaries" but I'm afraid I'll get a video of two women having intercourse with a salad.

Efficiency!!!!!!!!!

But yeah makes sense; supply increases, price drops. But putting on my BBS hat, thats not fucking anything up per se, more just a functioning market adjusting to changes in supply dynamics (in theory of course, putting on my real BBS hat I would suggest theres nothing functioning at all with the damn labor market because evil govt distorting it).
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby fadedpsychosis on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:47 pm

Nobunaga wrote:
fadedpsychosis wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:Allow me to be the first to be against it... well, partially and conditionally against it.

The day women are made to meet the same requirements, many of them physical, is the day I'm all for it. So when you've been shot in the gut and need to be carried a mile by your buddy, you'd know the woman in your foxhole can pull the job off.

At present, they need not meet those requirements.

really? which requirements specifically are you talking about, and what proof have you of your claim?

I am talking about the physical requirements to get through basic training - the number and type of required push-ups and sit-ups, the time requirements for running distance in full gear, the obstacles' size and composition encountered on the runs, etc.. etc... The required standards for women are still tough, but considerably lower than the requirements for men.

Proof? Many years in the military and countless conversations with men and women in uniform over the years.

lower? yes. considerably? when was the last time you looked at PT score differences? by that standard of 'considerably' I shouldn't be allowed out here even though I'm a male because I'm also Air Force, and my standards are 'considerably' lower than the Army or Marines... for that matter none of the older officers and NCOs should either, as their standards also drop 'considerably' with age... as for your last line: I too have a decent number of years under my belt, and am surrounded daily by a significant number of men and women in uniform... and quite frankly I'm not seeing much of an uproar about this out here.
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:22 pm

fadedpsychosis wrote:and quite frankly I'm not seeing much of an uproar about this out here.

And that should end the conversation, no?
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,