Conquer Club

Your Pets

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Your Pets

Postby krusher on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:11 pm

Couldn't find any threads with this yet, so ill start one up.

Post a picture of your pet(s) or past pets, their names, description and anything else you want to include.

Ill go first,

Name: Snickers (Named after the candy bar for his black coat and "caramel" legs)
Description: He is a purebread Teacup Yorkshire Terrier, weighs about 5 pounds. Is the size/height of a large rabbit and he is 3 Year old.
Misceleanous: He snores prety loud at night and he loves sleeping in the hammock.

Name: Jaws (Named after the Movie)
Description: Siayamese Fighting Fish (aka Beta Fish)
Misceleanous: Would become overly agressive and do colorful display with his fins if you held a mirror to his fish tank, learned this from a Biology experiment :lol:. They are far better to have around than gold fish and they are quite active. Sadly I don't have an actual picture of him as he was devoured by my next pet (Krusher) but here is what he looked like.

Name: Krusher (Named after my online Alias)
Description: Crawfish, (only had him for about 2 days)
Known for: Jaw's murderer.. and according to the pet shop guy a bottom feeder/scanvenger that was supposed to clean up the fish tank....SMH
Captain krusher

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:16 pm

Sounds like Krusher is being proactive, getting rid of the source of the mess before cleaning up.
Corporal 2dimes

Re: Your Pets

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:20 pm

Crayfish are tasty.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:29 pm

Name: Niki (short for Nikita)
Description: Purebread Yorkie, but nicknamed "Teakettle" Yorkie, weighing about 10lbs but not obese or anything. About 2x the size (length and height) of a regular Yorkie overall. Will be 4 in April.
Misceleaneous: When she gets excited, she starts doing a "charge" all around the house. And aside from dinking water and tolerating baths, she avoids water. Going so far as to jump over a small puddle of water that would barely get her feet wet. Thinks everyone that comes around is there to see her (very friendly to people and animals).

(old photo from a couple years ago)

"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby Lootifer on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:29 pm

Especially when they have been fed on a diet of fighting fish!

OT: I have no pets :( would love a cat but my wife loaths them, will probably get a dog at some point soonish; I want a beagal or a ginger/white boarder collie.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:48 pm

weird that krusher and muythai have the same pet. Reported for multi.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby kentington on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:54 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Crayfish are tasty.

I remember when I was a kid there was a couple of women down the street who had a huge party with coolers full of fresh cooked crawfish. mmmmm....

I had a cocker spaniel at the time.
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:55 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:weird that krusher and muythai have the same pet. Reported for multi.

Reported for being a tattletale, noob.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby CBlake on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:01 pm

I have a cat and he is a little bastard.
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
Captain CBlake

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:02 pm

Lootifer wrote: I want a beagal or a ginger/white boarder collie.

The guy we bought our first mostly white border collie from said some breeders used to kill the white ones. They look more interesting. There's certain challenges in having them. They almost know too much so they're on to you when you're going someplace without them. The figure out how to open doors more often. Our first one nearly ate through a door and one of the plastic kennels that most dogs can't harm.

Raw hides are no match but good entertainment. As a kid our dogs had the raw hide toys with the knots in them for months before they got the knot undone. Our border collies will eat a raw hide in a few hours.

We get the raw hide chips, last 15 minutes but seems to settle him down. He's a pretty good dog, I might try to post a picture.
Last edited by kentington on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Glitch in the system.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby KoolBak on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:25 pm

Name: Brabus

Fave Snack: Yorkies

:shock:

Actually little dogs like to play with him....race around his big lumbering ass like hornets around a schoolbus :lol:

Goofy 110 lb furcoated razorblade....unless you're trying to break in the house / car, or mess with my kids, the nicest, happiest, lickingest dog in the world....11 years old and acts like 2.

Also likes Canookx (gave Dimey a thorough licking and now has a taste for Great White Hosers)

Click image to enlarge.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal 1st Class KoolBak

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:44 pm

I'm curious about people who own pets. Why do you own them?

For reference, I had ferrets when I was a kid, but I would not consider owning a pet now. My roommate has a dog, which I hate. Also, I grew up on a farm and just generally don't like animals.

What's the value? All I see is a money-drain, something that makes your house filthy(er) and gobbles up food that you have to buy it. Plus the time you spend on it. I could see MAYBE having a cat around the house to kill rodents, but I would never let it in.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:07 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:I'm curious about people who own pets. Why do you own them?

For reference, I had ferrets when I was a kid, but I would not consider owning a pet now. My roommate has a dog, which I hate. Also, I grew up on a farm and just generally don't like animals.

What's the value? All I see is a money-drain, something that makes your house filthy(er) and gobbles up food that you have to buy it. Plus the time you spend on it. I could see MAYBE having a cat around the house to kill rodents, but I would never let it in.

-TG

I agree. Everyone I know has pets though.

A study published in Nature this week suggests that previous estimates of the murder done by outer cats have been greatly underestimated. The current estimate is that outdoor cats kill more birds and small mammals than ALL other sources. More than wind turbines, cars, high buildings, pollution, hunting, whatever. Lock your cat up, or you are a worthless individual.
/pontificating
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:48 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:

-TG

I agree. Everyone I know has pets though.

A study published in Nature this week suggests that previous estimates of the murder done by outer cats have been greatly underestimated. The current estimate is that outdoor cats kill more birds and small mammals than ALL other sources. More than wind turbines, cars, high buildings, pollution, hunting, whatever. Lock your cat up, or you are a worthless individual.
/pontificating

I was in agreement with TG, but after DY's response, I'm gonna get several outside cats.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby KoolBak on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:56 pm

For most of us, animals serve us in a different way by providing companionship and loyalty. It's been proven time and again that animals reduce human stress and offer comfort. Because of this, they are often considered family members, instead of property.

I, on the other hand, just need to feel dominant SOMEWHERE in my life :lol: And Dobermans are the world's greatest in-home alarm ;o)
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal 1st Class KoolBak

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:13 pm

I inherited 3 plants from my apartment's previous owners. I'm afraid they are currently dying a slow, painful death.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:35 pm

My last cat would bring me a dead chipmunk probably about every other day until just before he died. I would pat him on the head and say "good kitty" since he thought he was doing me a solid, which he was, they are like rats around here. But yeah, I don't think cats are really satisfied until everything is dead for miles around.
I also had crayfish when I had fish growing up and they ate all the fish eventually even though they were twice the size of the crayfish. I didn't ever name my fish or the crayfish for that matter, just never occurred to me.
I've got a dog now and she's awesome. She's a pit bull/shar-pei(wrinkle dogs) mix and she's basically a fighting machine. My neighbors have 3 of those cattle dogs, 2 males and one female and they pack-attacked her one day but she kicked all their asses soundly. They literally ran away with their tales between their legs. She's really pretty sweet day to day but when she gets in a fight something switches "on" and it's a little unnerving to watch lol. I'll post a pic of her once I get around to it.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Lootifer on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:40 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:My last cat would bring me a dead chipmunk probably about every other day until just before he died. I would pat him on the head and say "good kitty" since he thought he was doing me a solid, which he was, they are like rats around here. But yeah, I don't think cats are really satisfied until everything is dead for miles around.
I also had crayfish when I had fish growing up and they ate all the fish eventually even though they were twice the size of the crayfish. I didn't ever name my fish or the crayfish for that matter, just never occurred to me.
I've got a dog now and she's awesome. She's a pit bull/shar-pei(wrinkle dogs) mix and she's basically a fighting machine. My neighbors have 3 of those cattle dogs, 2 males and one female and they pack-attacked her one day but she kicked all their asses soundly. They literally ran away with their tales between their legs. She's really pretty sweet day to day but when she gets in a fight something switches "on" and it's a little unnerving to watch lol. I'll post a pic of her once I get around to it.

Urgh. Anyone who is proud of their dog being a fighting machine is, er, not someone I think should own a dog...
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:41 pm

Is a crayfish like a crawdad? Why would you pay money for that? Go find a creek and grab one.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:52 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:I inherited 3 plants from my apartment's previous owners. I'm afraid they are currently dying a slow, painful death.

Did the plants.... do something to you?

show
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:58 pm

Lootifer wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:My last cat would bring me a dead chipmunk probably about every other day until just before he died. I would pat him on the head and say "good kitty" since he thought he was doing me a solid, which he was, they are like rats around here. But yeah, I don't think cats are really satisfied until everything is dead for miles around.

Urgh. Anyone who is proud of their dog being a fighting machine is, er, not someone I think should own a dog...

Well, EXCUUUUUSEEE MEEEEEE.
She got ganged up on and wasted them, what's your problem man? I don't allow her to attack people and I don't enter her in many dogfights. Besides, she doesn't start fights, she just ends them. :mrgreen:

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Is a crayfish like a crawdad? Why would you pay money for that? Go find a creek and grab one.

-TG

That's where I got mine!
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby krusher on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:23 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:I've got a dog now and she's awesome. She's a pit bull/shar-pei(wrinkle dogs) mix and she's basically a fighting machine.

My dad had a pit and even as a puppy he was just too much work you really need a active lifestyle and lots of free time to have one of them. Pits are also banned in my county.
Captain krusher

Postby krusher on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:29 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:Name: Niki (short for Nikita)
Description: Purebread Yorkie, but nicknamed "Teakettle" Yorkie, weighing about 10lbs but not obese or anything. About 2x the size (length and height) of a regular Yorkie overall. Will be 4 in April.
Misceleaneous: When she gets excited, she starts doing a "charge" all around the house. And aside from dinking water and tolerating baths, she avoids water. Going so far as to jump over a small puddle of water that would barely get her feet wet. Thinks everyone that comes around is there to see her (very friendly to people and animals).

never heard of teakettle yorkies. My yorkie totally hates baths but isin't afraid to get his paws wet in the lake to chase ducks. I heard their needyness come from the breed, they are toally dependent on their handlers and want us around all the time. When I leave him alone in the house he spends the entire time literally crying... and like you said super friendly always wants to greet people at the door and get his head rubbed.
Captain krusher

Postby krusher on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:39 pm

-TG

I used to think exactly like you and than I got my yorkie and i just got overly attached, Small dogs don't really each much at all. a bag of food ($12) will last several months for my dog. I also spend about $7 on treats will also last several months ( and i usually give him 3 every day) the filthyness is not really an issue i know most dogs/cats shed but yorkies don't i know it has something to do with their fur that doesn't shed or make you allergic. The time i spend dedicated to him is not much, usually 3-5 minutes twice a day is all he needs to do his business. I usually give him a bath every week so another 20 minutes, the rest of the time he is satisfied being on my lap or rubbing against my legs or just sleeping. having a pet, especially a dog i think can bring lots of unexpected laughter/happiness. I'm extremely happy with my dog to the point that i let him sleep with me and my fiance in bed which he loves being around us.
Captain krusher

Postby kentington on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:54 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Is a crayfish like a crawdad? Why would you pay money for that? Go find a creek and grab one.

-TG

Yeah they are the same thing. I had the same though. Why purchase half of these pets? Just grab a wolf or a fox and boom! Canine Companion.
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,