Your Pets

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Your Pets

Postby krusher on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:11 pm

Couldn't find any threads with this yet, so ill start one up.

Post a picture of your pet(s) or past pets, their names, description and anything else you want to include.

Ill go first,

Name: Snickers (Named after the candy bar for his black coat and "caramel" legs)
Description: He is a purebread Teacup Yorkshire Terrier, weighs about 5 pounds. Is the size/height of a large rabbit and he is 3 Year old.
Misceleanous: He snores prety loud at night and he loves sleeping in the hammock.

Name: Jaws (Named after the Movie)
Description: Siayamese Fighting Fish (aka Beta Fish)
Misceleanous: Would become overly agressive and do colorful display with his fins if you held a mirror to his fish tank, learned this from a Biology experiment :lol:. They are far better to have around than gold fish and they are quite active. Sadly I don't have an actual picture of him as he was devoured by my next pet (Krusher) but here is what he looked like.

Name: Krusher (Named after my online Alias)
Description: Crawfish, (only had him for about 2 days)
Known for: Jaw's murderer.. and according to the pet shop guy a bottom feeder/scanvenger that was supposed to clean up the fish tank....SMH
Captain krusher

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:16 pm

Sounds like Krusher is being proactive, getting rid of the source of the mess before cleaning up.
Corporal 2dimes

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re: Your Pets

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:20 pm

Crayfish are tasty.
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:29 pm

Name: Niki (short for Nikita)
Description: Purebread Yorkie, but nicknamed "Teakettle" Yorkie, weighing about 10lbs but not obese or anything. About 2x the size (length and height) of a regular Yorkie overall. Will be 4 in April.
Misceleaneous: When she gets excited, she starts doing a "charge" all around the house. And aside from dinking water and tolerating baths, she avoids water. Going so far as to jump over a small puddle of water that would barely get her feet wet. Thinks everyone that comes around is there to see her (very friendly to people and animals).

(old photo from a couple years ago)

Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Lootifer on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:29 pm

Especially when they have been fed on a diet of fighting fish!

OT: I have no pets :( would love a cat but my wife loaths them, will probably get a dog at some point soonish; I want a beagal or a ginger/white boarder collie.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer
Discussions Moderator
Discussions Moderator

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:48 pm

weird that krusher and muythai have the same pet. Reported for multi.
show

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)

Postby kentington on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:54 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Crayfish are tasty.

I remember when I was a kid there was a couple of women down the street who had a huge party with coolers full of fresh cooked crawfish. mmmmm....

I had a cocker spaniel at the time.
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
General Contribution (4)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:55 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:weird that krusher and muythai have the same pet. Reported for multi.

Reported for being a tattletale, noob.
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby CBlake on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:01 pm

I have a cat and he is a little bastard.
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
Captain CBlake

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:02 pm

Lootifer wrote: I want a beagal or a ginger/white boarder collie.

The guy we bought our first mostly white border collie from said some breeders used to kill the white ones. They look more interesting. There's certain challenges in having them. They almost know too much so they're on to you when you're going someplace without them. The figure out how to open doors more often. Our first one nearly ate through a door and one of the plastic kennels that most dogs can't harm.

Raw hides are no match but good entertainment. As a kid our dogs had the raw hide toys with the knots in them for months before they got the knot undone. Our border collies will eat a raw hide in a few hours.

We get the raw hide chips, last 15 minutes but seems to settle him down. He's a pretty good dog, I might try to post a picture.
Last edited by kentington on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Glitch in the system.
Corporal 2dimes

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby KoolBak on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:25 pm

Name: Brabus

Fave Snack: Yorkies

:shock:

Actually little dogs like to play with him....race around his big lumbering ass like hornets around a schoolbus :lol:

Goofy 110 lb furcoated razorblade....unless you're trying to break in the house / car, or mess with my kids, the nicest, happiest, lickingest dog in the world....11 years old and acts like 2.

Also likes Canookx (gave Dimey a thorough licking and now has a taste for Great White Hosers)

Click image to enlarge.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca
Sergeant KoolBak

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:44 pm

I'm curious about people who own pets. Why do you own them?

For reference, I had ferrets when I was a kid, but I would not consider owning a pet now. My roommate has a dog, which I hate. Also, I grew up on a farm and just generally don't like animals.

What's the value? All I see is a money-drain, something that makes your house filthy(er) and gobbles up food that you have to buy it. Plus the time you spend on it. I could see MAYBE having a cat around the house to kill rodents, but I would never let it in.

-TG
ImageEight-year olds, Dude.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:07 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:I'm curious about people who own pets. Why do you own them?

For reference, I had ferrets when I was a kid, but I would not consider owning a pet now. My roommate has a dog, which I hate. Also, I grew up on a farm and just generally don't like animals.

What's the value? All I see is a money-drain, something that makes your house filthy(er) and gobbles up food that you have to buy it. Plus the time you spend on it. I could see MAYBE having a cat around the house to kill rodents, but I would never let it in.

-TG

I agree. Everyone I know has pets though.

A study published in Nature this week suggests that previous estimates of the murder done by outer cats have been greatly underestimated. The current estimate is that outdoor cats kill more birds and small mammals than ALL other sources. More than wind turbines, cars, high buildings, pollution, hunting, whatever. Lock your cat up, or you are a worthless individual.
/pontificating
show

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:48 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:I'm curious about people who own pets. Why do you own them?

-TG

I agree. Everyone I know has pets though.

A study published in Nature this week suggests that previous estimates of the murder done by outer cats have been greatly underestimated. The current estimate is that outdoor cats kill more birds and small mammals than ALL other sources. More than wind turbines, cars, high buildings, pollution, hunting, whatever. Lock your cat up, or you are a worthless individual.
/pontificating

I was in agreement with TG, but after DY's response, I'm gonna get several outside cats.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby KoolBak on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:56 pm

For most of us, animals serve us in a different way by providing companionship and loyalty. It's been proven time and again that animals reduce human stress and offer comfort. Because of this, they are often considered family members, instead of property.

I, on the other hand, just need to feel dominant SOMEWHERE in my life :lol: And Dobermans are the world's greatest in-home alarm ;o)
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca
Sergeant KoolBak

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)

Next

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?