Meanwhile In Canada... CCCHHHHHEEEEESSSSEEEE

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Meanwhile In Canada... CCCHHHHHEEEEESSSSEEEE

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:20 pm

So, in 2009, Canada entered Negotiations with the EU for a free trade agreement.

Now, anyone who knows me knows that I love European Cheese but loathe the fact that there is a 300% tariff on it in Canada (that's not an exaggeration, that's the actual number and that's BEFORE HST). In fact, even more than the moral and economic reasons for free trade, the only real reason I have for it is so I can eat European Cheese on a daily basis (although cheaper Scotch would be nice too).

Now, this agreement started in 2009 still hasn't been signed. Do you want to know what the sticking point is? It's the fucking cheese tariff! Go to hell, Government. I don't care about those god-damned quota based dairy farmers. In fact, screw them extra hard, as I am sick of trophy wives ending up with dumb hicks who got lucky enough to get quota. Please, my friends at Conquer Club, email Ed Fast and tell him that it is important to consumers that we get cheap cheese.

Please European brethren, you can email Karl de Gucht and tell him that tariff-free cheese exports to Canada will be the best thing since sliced cheese, that comes individually wrapped and is made by Kraft. Actually, anything not strictly worse than AIDS is also better than that.
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: Meanwhile In Canada... CCCHHHHHEEEEESSSSEEEE

Postby tzor on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:05 pm

And I thought the game "the Nacho Incident" was pure fiction. Oh the thought of smuggling cheese over the border. :D

I have to admit, I haven't had much Mainland Europe Cheese, most of my cheese from Europe came from Great Britain (or Ireland).

Of course you have to have the classic Stilton, but for me, you have to try Stinking Bishop at least once in your life of you haven't lived.
Sergeant tzor

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:06 pm

In other news, have you ever noticed that when you stretch words out, double-lettered words don't quite look right?

tzor wrote:And I thought the game "the Nacho Incident" was pure fiction. Oh the thought of smuggling cheese over the border. :D

I have to admit, I haven't had much Mainland Europe Cheese, most of my cheese from Europe came from Great Britain (or Ireland).

Of course you have to have the classic Stilton, but for me, you have to try Stinking Bishop at least once in your life of you haven't lived.

Did you hear the story about the cops who got busted smuggling cheese over the border from the states? It is very lucrative business.
show

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)

Postby Symmetry on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:09 pm

tzor wrote:And I thought the game "the Nacho Incident" was pure fiction. Oh the thought of smuggling cheese over the border. :D

Yes on the Stinking Bishop front! It's a powerful cheese, but it's good. Very good.
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:13 pm

It's not available in Canada
show

Postby Symmetry on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:19 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:It's not available in Canada

I don't know if it'd be easily imported- it has a pretty strong smell.
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:17 pm

I bought 9 year old chedder once. I just have to joke about it to make my wife cry.
Corporal 2dimes

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby _sabotage_ on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:31 pm

Yeah, it is a pretty sad joke.

Only stretch the Es and it will appear more natural, and f*ck the local dairy farmers and all the damn ads the gov has been paying for them. Have you been hearing these cheesy ads out there?

They are trying to make cheese patriotic and its pathetic. I am all for local business, but please never let the Canadian gov behind an ad campaign or anything involving money.
Corporal _sabotage_

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby tzor on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:45 pm

Ironically, I hate "American" (aka USA yellow) cheese. If it is on a burger I'll eat it, but the color is so fake as to be almost disgusting.
Sergeant tzor

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:39 am

tzor wrote:Ironically, I hate "American" (aka USA yellow) cheese. If it is on a burger I'll eat it, but the color is so fake as to be almost disgusting.

Funny you should mention that. In the OP I was going to rally against orange cheese as not being cheese, but I decided that it just didn't flow.
show

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?