Forum Regulars You Don't Interact With

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Forum Regulars You Don't Interact With

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Are there past or present forum regulars with whom you do not interact?

As an example, I do not anticipate interacting with CBlake on an even irregular basis. I also rarely interact with Quirk. Might be interesting to see whose paths cross. Or maybe not interesting.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Forum Regulars You Don't Interact With

Postby Neoteny on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:19 pm

I mostly try to avoid the people that post in the thread about skeletons with balloons/Photoshop on their chest.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
User avatar
Lieutenant Neoteny
 
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:24 pm
Location: Tampa, Florida
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Forum Regulars You Don't Interact With

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:19 pm

What do you mean?

We interact with each other--regardless of whether or not we intend to. E.g. I make this post, other people read it, thus we're interacting.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 3582
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Forum Regulars You Don't Interact With

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:19 pm

The only time I have ever noticed this is with one person with which I was more or less forced to not associate with. I'm not mad or anything, that's just my personal experience.
Actually, now that I think about it, I don't associate with those generals who just poke their heads in every once in a while and repeat or agree with what someone else already wrote and think that because they are generals their word means more, etc.. I just don't jive with that mentality.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Forum Regulars You Don't Interact With

Postby kentington on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:23 pm

Neoteny wrote:I mostly try to avoid the people that post in the thread about skeletons with balloons/Photoshop on their chest.


I avoid that thread like a plague.
My interaction with people is limited mostly to OT.
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
User avatar
Sergeant kentington
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:50 pm
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
General Contribution (4)

Re: Forum Regulars You Don't Interact With

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:26 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:What do you mean?

We interact with each other--regardless of whether or not we intend to. E.g. I make this post, other people read it, thus we're interacting.


There are posters who I do not regularly (or even occasoinally) read or reply to. That's what I mean. Given the spacing of the subject line, I could not put in the subject "Forum Regulars with Whom You Don't Interact on a Regular Basis." And yes, I tried to type that in the subject line.

I know that CBlake exists because I see his name on threads in the forum page. I know that Quirk exists because I see him reply to things in that longest thread thread.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Forum Regulars You Don't Interact With

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:12 pm

By interact, do you mean sexually? Sorry, I just got done reading Saxi's topic about couple and sex.

I feel like the majority of forum regulars I do not interact with, if I define interact as referencing by name. I am pretty sure I reference TGD, BBS, Gilli, Strike Wolf, Quirk, Jonesy, Phatscotty, and maybe a few others.


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25039
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Forum Regulars You Don't Interact With

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:40 pm

I would say that interacting means, loosely speaking, someone whose posts you directly reply to.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Forum Regulars You Don't Interact With

Postby kentington on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:52 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:I would say that interacting means, loosely speaking, someone whose posts you directly reply to.


Is that a nice way of saying they are easy?
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
User avatar
Sergeant kentington
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:50 pm
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
General Contribution (4)

Re: Forum Regulars You Don't Interact With

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:57 pm

kentington wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:I would say that interacting means, loosely speaking, someone whose posts you directly reply to.


Is that a nice way of saying they are easy?

Figuratively, yeah, I think this may be true since you don't directly reply to someone unless you expect them to reciprocate at least to the point of reading what you wrote.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Forum Regulars You Don't Interact With

Postby kentington on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:06 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
kentington wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:I would say that interacting means, loosely speaking, someone whose posts you directly reply to.


Is that a nice way of saying they are easy?

Figuratively, yeah, I think this may be true since you don't directly reply to someone unless you expect them to reciprocate at least to the point of reading what you wrote.


True! I was just testing whether you would interact with me. Seems like we are a match.

I find that statistically you have a better chance of getting a response if you quote someone. After the quote you should start off with a hook:
1) Exclamation - That will get their attention
2) Joke - It works for jonesy
3) Call them an idiot - Most people will respond and interactions will start
4) Repeat what they said in your own words, but add a sexual twist - Sex intrigues internet people
5) Post a picture or graph that has little relevance to the topic or the poster you are quoting - People love statistics and graphs

This is the five step process for the interactionally challenged.
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
User avatar
Sergeant kentington
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:50 pm
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
General Contribution (4)

Re: Forum Regulars You Don't Interact With

Postby Gillipig on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:22 pm

I have probably interacted with most regulars in the off topics. Either I have insulted them or they have insulted me, that's usually how a nice giving conversation starts in the off topics.
I can't remember ever having interacted with jimboston, though we probably have argued about something at some point.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3045
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Forum Regulars You Don't Interact With

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:32 pm

kentington wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
kentington wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:I would say that interacting means, loosely speaking, someone whose posts you directly reply to.


Is that a nice way of saying they are easy?

Figuratively, yeah, I think this may be true since you don't directly reply to someone unless you expect them to reciprocate at least to the point of reading what you wrote.


True! I was just testing whether you would interact with me. Seems like we are a match.

I find that statistically you have a better chance of getting a response if you quote someone. After the quote you should start off with a hook:
1) Exclamation - That will get their attention
2) Joke - It works for jonesy
3) Call them an idiot - Most people will respond and interactions will start
4) Repeat what they said in your own words, but add a sexual twist - Sex intrigues internet people
5) Post a picture or graph that has little relevance to the topic or the poster you are quoting - People love statistics and graphs

This is the five step process for the interactionally challenged.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What was the Brown Paper Kid arrested for?
You're an idiot. And a toilet head.
Hmm. Not sure I know the "Sexual twist". Is it the pelvic thrust thaat really drives you insane?
Image
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
User avatar
Sergeant jonesthecurl
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
Location: disused action figure warehouse
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Forum Regulars You Don't Interact With

Postby kentington on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:42 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What was the Brown Paper Kid arrested for?
You're an idiot. And a toilet head.
Hmm. Not sure I know the "Sexual twist". Is it the pelvic thrust thaat really drives you insane?
Image


Congratulations! Stupid award goes to Curly man.
Consolation:
Image
BTW, She is not wearing anything under that.

Disclaimer: Collect your discs in the lobby.
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
User avatar
Sergeant kentington
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:50 pm
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
General Contribution (4)

Re: Forum Regulars You Don't Interact With

Postby CBlake on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:53 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:What do you mean?

We interact with each other--regardless of whether or not we intend to. E.g. I make this post, other people read it, thus we're interacting.


There are posters who I do not regularly (or even occasoinally) read or reply to. That's what I mean. Given the spacing of the subject line, I could not put in the subject "Forum Regulars with Whom You Don't Interact on a Regular Basis." And yes, I tried to type that in the subject line.

I know that CBlake exists because I see his name on threads in the forum page. I know that Quirk exists because I see him reply to things in that longest thread thread.


This is the most exposure I have ever gotten in someone else's thread since... Nam, and for all the wrong reasons too.. Nice!
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
User avatar
Captain CBlake
 
Posts: 2205
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:25 am
Location: Where the wild things are
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Next

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kizkiz, MudPuppy and 3 guests

Login