Conquer Club

Dream Cheetah

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dream Cheetah

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:24 pm

I dreamed about AOG.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Re: Re:

Postby john9blue on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:24 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
john9blue wrote:
2dimes wrote:
john9blue wrote:if he was strapped in a chair, then how did some other people see him? -1 for your theory.

Same way I saw on Off topic member who did not come to my dream.

As you say, one or more Cheetahs existed only in the individual's mind. The transendental cheetah may still have been in one or more of the dreams.

maybe, but that explanation is less likely due to its complexity

Oh, oh, this reminds me of an old discussion with you that we hadn't finished.

Going on the complexity theory, you have to agree that an omnipotent omniscient god is a terrible explanation for how the universe came to be because such a god will necessarily be more complex than the universe, right?

i thought we agreed that god didn't need to be more complex than the universe? can't complexity arise from simplicity?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby notyou2 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:32 pm

john9blue wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:
john9blue wrote:
2dimes wrote:
john9blue wrote:if he was strapped in a chair, then how did some other people see him? -1 for your theory.

As you say, one or more Cheetahs existed only in the individual's mind. The transendental cheetah may still have been in one or more of the dreams.

Going on the complexity theory, you have to agree that an omnipotent omniscient god is a terrible explanation for how the universe came to be because such a god will necessarily be more complex than the universe, right?

i thought we agreed that god didn't need to be more complex than the universe? can't complexity arise from simplicity?

Humans and other advanced animals from single celled creatures are a perfect example.
Captain notyou2

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:39 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:I dreamed about AOG.

Did you ruin your sheets?
I STAND WITH THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:49 pm

notyou2 wrote:
john9blue wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:
john9blue wrote:
2dimes wrote:

Humans and other advanced animals from single celled creatures are a perfect example.

'cept the mechanics of biological evolution are vastly different from the big bang and allow for complexity arising from simplicity. Indeed, the formation of stars and subsequent matter heavier than hydrogen are complexity arising from simplicity, but the big bang itself can't be said to follow that same plan. I think.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:53 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:I dreamed about AOG.

Did you ruin your sheets?

This was not the first time.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:00 pm

john9blue wrote:- no, that's called a thought experiment

- if i had a superiority complex then i wouldn't be willing to have an honest discussion with you... like some on this forum. in fact, i probably wouldn't even be here because i wouldn't consider you guys worthy of my time.

You're usually not this serious. Fine I'll stop the joking around.

john9blue wrote:- the religions almost all match on a few key points.

What would those be?

john9blue wrote:- i don't think cargo cults qualify as religions. they just adapted unnecessary beliefs into their existing religions.

How about scientology? mormonism?
Btw, check this out if you haven't heard of it, it's hilarious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Philip_Movement

These things should be pretty good evidence that it isn't exactly hard for a religion to be formed out of complete and utter nonsense.

john9blue wrote:i thought we agreed that god didn't need to be more complex than the universe? can't complexity arise from simplicity?

Yes. That's why i specified an omnipotent omniscient god.
Can he hold all the information in the universe and have absolute power over the universe while being less complex than the universe ?

This argument doesn't apply to deistic interpretations, just to mainstream theistic ones.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby john9blue on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:56 pm

i think it's a little ridiculous that this has turned into yet another religion thread... but whatever, guess i'm partially to blame LOL

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
john9blue wrote:- the religions almost all match on a few key points.

What would those be?

creator of universe, omnipotent, omniscient, etc.

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
john9blue wrote:- i don't think cargo cults qualify as religions. they just adapted unnecessary beliefs into their existing religions.

How about scientology? mormonism?

sure, those have their own gods and beliefs about ultimate origin, etc.

Haggis_McMutton wrote:Yes. That's why i specified an omnipotent omniscient god.
Can he hold all the information in the universe and have absolute power over the universe while being less complex than the universe ?

This argument doesn't apply to deistic interpretations, just to mainstream theistic ones.

not sure. i don't think the universe was very complex in the beginning, though.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,