Conquer Club

Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

Postby Lootifer on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:39 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I thought I already closed this topic. There are fundamental flaws in both parties because the system which the parties live by is flawed.

This sounds like the conclusion of a solid "b" first year undergraduate essay.

It's easy to understand but hard to truly grasp, much like chess.

I think a B is a good grade. I would have given you a C+ at best.

I like how its such a simple and obvious conclusion (thus C+ tops) yet its still how we do things? Goooooooooooooood times
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:03 pm

Lootifer wrote:I like how its such a simple and obvious conclusion (thus C+ tops) yet its still how we do things? Goooooooooooooood times

Stuff like this, or join in:

The Campaign Legal Center
http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/inde ... &Itemid=64

center for responsive politics
http://www.opensecrets.org/

The problem is dealing with those 100+ million uninformed voters...

So, then someone says, "we need education. Lots of education."

Government-provided education?

"Yes."

<groans>

Even private education can be lacking on this. The US is undergoing an ideological problem which slightly began in the 1890s but picked up steam in the 1930s and for awhile has shifted us into a more aggressive, expansionist state---with applause by the citizens all around. Since the ideology is older than most generations today, then many take the current state of affairs for granted, so change for the better and from this situation becomes neglected. Currently, there's five kinds of voters:

(1) don't care and don't understand--but "at least I got mine."
(2) care enthusiastically but don't understand,
(3) care somewhat but don't understand,
(4) care enthusiastically but do understand
(5) don't care but do understand.

There's too much #1, #2, and #3. #2 and #3 do the most damage. There's not enough and hardly any #4, and I have my doubts about #5.
Last edited by BigBallinStalin on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:03 am

www.opensecrets.org

That's a good place to start too.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby stahrgazer on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:38 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
tzor wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:If you believe that, then you have no idea what real liberals even say, never mind what liberal bias sounds like. The media is pretty right of the center, with the exception of homosexuality and a couple other narrow issues.

The media is "right of center" if you consider the center, on a scale of 1 to 10 to be, say a 2. I'm sorry but 3 is still left of 5.

No, its "right of center" if you use any accepted pre-1981 definition of "center".
Like I said, most people today have never really heard a truly liberal position, except on homosexuality and a few other very narrow topics.

And in the case of homosexuality, the current moderate position would have been an extreme left position back then.

True. Reagan made strides in bringing conservatism more acceptable, which shifted the center-past to the center-then; "conservatism" that was formally to the right, in many issues, became a "center" position.

Similarly, a combination of Bush-hatred and Obama-love shifted the center again, so that more and more liberal positions are considered "center".

But this isn't just because of politics or the media. "The young," tend to be more liberal while "the old" tend to be more conservative.

For example, with gay marriage, a majority of young adults favor it while a majority of older adults either do not favor it at all or favor it only if called "social union" leaving the religious aspect of "marriage" intact.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,