Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:47 am

tzor wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
tzor wrote:They will be gone any decade from now; mark my words.


The first amendment , the second amendment or the free market?


The liberally biased main stream media.

If you believe that, then you have no idea what real liberals even say, never mind what liberal bias sounds like. The media is pretty right of the center, with the exception of homosexuality and a couple other narrow issues.

What you are seeing is that the WORLD, data, has a "liberal bias".

Environmental destruction is real and significant, differences between genders are real and signifcant to daily life. Constantly blaming the poor, particularly the working poor for their plight is an old game, as is blaming immigrants. (anyone but those in power and those truly profiting from the status quo).

The bias is that the media is not blasting all those facts every day.
Sergeant PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 2324
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Re: Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

Postby tzor on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:35 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:If you believe that, then you have no idea what real liberals even say, never mind what liberal bias sounds like. The media is pretty right of the center, with the exception of homosexuality and a couple other narrow issues.


The media is "right of center" if you consider the center, on a scale of 1 to 10 to be, say a 2. I'm sorry but 3 is still left of 5.

STUDY: ALL MAJOR NEWS OUTLETS HAVE LEFT-LEANING BIAS THAT ‘DISTORTS’ MINDS

What do studies tell us about mainstream media bias?

Of the 20 major media outlets studied, 18 scored left of center, with CBS’ “Evening News,” The New York Times and the Los Angeles Times ranking second, third and fourth most liberal behind the news pages of The Wall Street Journal.


Or you can just follow the money ...

MSNBC.com identified 143 journalists who made political contributions from 2004 through the start of the 2008 campaign, according to the public records of the Federal Election Commission. Most of the newsroom checkbooks leaned to the left: 125 journalists gave to Democrats and liberal causes. Only 16 gave to Republicans. Two gave to both parties.


Please, put down the NPR Cool Aid ... It's rotting your brain.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant tzor
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

Postby tzor on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:43 pm

And back to my point; the New York Times is dying. It's not pretty watching that newspaper die; don't we already have laws on the books to prevent suicide?

The original major networks, once known for news journalism, are pretty much dying as well. Even cable news networks are undergoing chemotherapy because of the liberal cancer that is killing their ratings.

(This just in, the tumor commonly known as Ed Schultz has been contained by isolating it to the weekends.)
Image
User avatar
Sergeant tzor
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:08 am

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

Postby Gillipig on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:31 am

I thought I already closed this topic. There are fundamental flaws in both parties because the system which the parties live by is flawed.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3042
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:51 am

tzor wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:If you believe that, then you have no idea what real liberals even say, never mind what liberal bias sounds like. The media is pretty right of the center, with the exception of homosexuality and a couple other narrow issues.


The media is "right of center" if you consider the center, on a scale of 1 to 10 to be, say a 2. I'm sorry but 3 is still left of 5.
.

No, its "right of center" if you use any accepted pre-1981 definition of "center".
Like I said, most people today have never really heard a truly liberal position, except on homosexuality and a few other very narrow topics.

And in the case of homosexuality, the current moderate position would have been an extreme left position back then.
Sergeant PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 2324
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Re: Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:55 am

Gillipig wrote:I thought I already closed this topic. There are fundamental flaws in both parties because the system which the parties live by is flawed.

That is absolutely true. However since destroying both parties and creating an entirely new system is not an option for Americans today... we have to work with what we can do. That means debating each party, while working within and outside to accomplish real goals.
Sergeant PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 2324
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Re: Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

Postby Gillipig on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I thought I already closed this topic. There are fundamental flaws in both parties because the system which the parties live by is flawed.

That is absolutely true. However since destroying both parties and creating an entirely new system is not an option for Americans today... we have to work with what we can do. That means debating each party, while working within and outside to accomplish real goals.

Then how will a new system come about? Any form of government is only strong as long as the people support it. If people stopped voting for the best of two bad alternatives and just withheld their vote we would soon see a change in the political climate.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3042
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:20 pm

Gillipig wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I thought I already closed this topic. There are fundamental flaws in both parties because the system which the parties live by is flawed.

That is absolutely true. However since destroying both parties and creating an entirely new system is not an option for Americans today... we have to work with what we can do. That means debating each party, while working within and outside to accomplish real goals.

Then how will a new system come about? Any form of government is only strong as long as the people support it. If people stopped voting for the best of two bad alternatives and just withheld their vote we would soon see a change in the political climate.

By voting for the best of the options, by starting locally to bring in and elect real alternatives, by working on referendums and education, by fighting for what is right and true, on all fronts.

I am not all that familiar with Sweden's system, but I know that in DK, they have many parties that each get some power, allocated based on the votes. Our system is just entirely different. The parties were never intended to represent any kind of ideal view, despite the rhetoric. In fact, I can remember my political science professor chuckling with some well known elected officials over that very thing... how the R vs D thing was really fiction, just a convenient way to ensure we don't have an appointment type system.
Sergeant PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 2324
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Re: Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

Postby tzor on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:36 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:And in the case of homosexuality, the current moderate position would have been an extreme left position back then.


"Left" and "right" have no real meaning on social issues. Or rather they wrap around significantly. Many fiscal conservatives are social "libertarians" which is basically the same as social liberals but without government overreach. The late William F. Buckley Jr. was known for what many social conservatives would have considered "leftist" views towards minor drugs like pot and I suspect he would be strongly for the legalization of same gender marriage as well, were he living today.

And the definition of "center" was in fact influenced by a strongly left biased media. Only before the 1980's they had the ability to hide this by their semi-monopoly status as well as the tact not to make it exceptionally obvious. Back when there was only three major television news outlets, this was easy. It was ironic that the first "shot across the bow" was made by PBS, but at the time, their support of conservatives, like William F. Buckley Jr. was the only real place for an alternative viewpoint to the network news slanted reporting.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant tzor
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

Postby Gillipig on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:35 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I thought I already closed this topic. There are fundamental flaws in both parties because the system which the parties live by is flawed.

That is absolutely true. However since destroying both parties and creating an entirely new system is not an option for Americans today... we have to work with what we can do. That means debating each party, while working within and outside to accomplish real goals.

Then how will a new system come about? Any form of government is only strong as long as the people support it. If people stopped voting for the best of two bad alternatives and just withheld their vote we would soon see a change in the political climate.

By voting for the best of the options, by starting locally to bring in and elect real alternatives, by working on referendums and education, by fighting for what is right and true, on all fronts.

I am not all that familiar with Sweden's system, but I know that in DK, they have many parties that each get some power, allocated based on the votes. Our system is just entirely different. The parties were never intended to represent any kind of ideal view, despite the rhetoric. In fact, I can remember my political science professor chuckling with some well known elected officials over that very thing... how the R vs D thing was really fiction, just a convenient way to ensure we don't have an appointment type system.

And what happens if no party suggests what needs to be suggested? What happens if they agree among themselves to not touch a subject? That's what's happening in Sweden. You can't vote for any of them because they all like the status quo. We actually have a pseudo democrazy over here. Plenty of alternatives, but all alternatives agree on many subjects. How are you going to lower politicians wages for example, when it takes a politician to suggest it and a majority of his colleagues to approve it? They have to agree that they earn too much lol. They'll never do that, so their wages will continue to go up and up and up. How are you going to stop them from lowering taxes when even the right alternative sneaks in taxes like congestion pricing? They all want to raise the taxes, only difference is that some wants to raise it straight up, officially, while others want to sneak in niche taxes so that the official number isn't getting bigger but they still get more taxes. Welcome to swedish politics.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3042
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

Postby Symmetry on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:41 am

Gillipig wrote:I thought I already closed this topic. There are fundamental flaws in both parties because the system which the parties live by is flawed.


This sounds like the conclusion of a solid "b" first year undergraduate essay.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:10 am

Gillipig wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I thought I already closed this topic. There are fundamental flaws in both parties because the system which the parties live by is flawed.

That is absolutely true. However since destroying both parties and creating an entirely new system is not an option for Americans today... we have to work with what we can do. That means debating each party, while working within and outside to accomplish real goals.

Then how will a new system come about? Any form of government is only strong as long as the people support it. If people stopped voting for the best of two bad alternatives and just withheld their vote we would soon see a change in the political climate.

By voting for the best of the options, by starting locally to bring in and elect real alternatives, by working on referendums and education, by fighting for what is right and true, on all fronts.

I am not all that familiar with Sweden's system, but I know that in DK, they have many parties that each get some power, allocated based on the votes. Our system is just entirely different. The parties were never intended to represent any kind of ideal view, despite the rhetoric. In fact, I can remember my political science professor chuckling with some well known elected officials over that very thing... how the R vs D thing was really fiction, just a convenient way to ensure we don't have an appointment type system.

And what happens if no party suggests what needs to be suggested? What happens if they agree among themselves to not touch a subject? That's what's happening in Sweden. You can't vote for any of them because they all like the status quo. We actually have a pseudo democrazy over here. Plenty of alternatives, but all alternatives agree on many subjects. How are you going to lower politicians wages for example, when it takes a politician to suggest it and a majority of his colleagues to approve it? They have to agree that they earn too much lol. They'll never do that, so their wages will continue to go up and up and up. How are you going to stop them from lowering taxes when even the right alternative sneaks in taxes like congestion pricing? They all want to raise the taxes, only difference is that some wants to raise it straight up, officially, while others want to sneak in niche taxes so that the official number isn't getting bigger but they still get more taxes. Welcome to swedish politics.


Sounds like Sweden is not all that different than the US (except, of course you do have a monarchy – lol)
The first thing is to make sure that truth prevails. The internet has opened up a forum where people can basically say whatever they want, without any real check. “Truth” is more and more determined by who can create a slick website… and attract like-minded individuals who often don’t even know there IS a real opposition, never mind what it constitutes
(aka Tzor’s claim that I am a flaming liberal)
Sergeant PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 2324
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Re: Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

Postby Gillipig on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I thought I already closed this topic. There are fundamental flaws in both parties because the system which the parties live by is flawed.


This sounds like the conclusion of a solid "b" first year undergraduate essay.

It's easy to understand but hard to truly grasp, much like chess.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3042
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I thought I already closed this topic. There are fundamental flaws in both parties because the system which the parties live by is flawed.


This sounds like the conclusion of a solid "b" first year undergraduate essay.

It's easy to understand but hard to truly grasp, much like chess.


I think a B is a good grade. I would have given you a C+ at best.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chang50 and 1 guest

Login