Conquer Club

Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

Postby GeneralRisk on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:44 am

Major GeneralRisk
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:58 pm
Location: Neu-Schwabenland
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:16 am

I would rather have him as POTUS.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:30 am

Ok Scotty, I'm not watching a 27 minute video. Can you explain in 3 paragraphs or less what his main thesis is?
User avatar
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 21204
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 220
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Event Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3)
Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (25) Clan Achievement (26)
Training Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (27) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (19)

Re: Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

Postby GeneralRisk on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:52 am

Dukasaur wrote:Ok Scotty, I'm not watching a 27 minute video. Can you explain in 3 paragraphs or less what his main thesis is?
Worth watching. Over 2 million have watched it in last couple weeks.
Major GeneralRisk
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:58 pm
Location: Neu-Schwabenland
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

Postby GeneralRisk on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:02 am

CreepersWiener wrote:I would rather have him as POTUS.
Me too. For now we are stuck with 4 more years of Bathhouse Barry.
Major GeneralRisk
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:58 pm
Location: Neu-Schwabenland
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

Postby Symmetry on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:12 am

It's disappointing to see one of the few bipartisan institutions left in Washington reduced to political grandstanding.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
User avatar
Sergeant Symmetry
 
Posts: 8258
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

Postby GeneralRisk on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:28 am

Symmetry wrote:It's disappointing to see one of the few bipartisan institutions left in Washington reduced to political grandstanding.
"I serve God, and my purpose is to please Him, and if God be for you, who can be against you?" Carson told Chris Wallace, host of "Fox News Sunday," when asked if he had any qualms about delivering his critical National Prayer Breakfast speech in front of U.S. President Barack Obama. {Hardly Grandstanding]
Major GeneralRisk
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:58 pm
Location: Neu-Schwabenland
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

Postby Symmetry on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:35 am

That's grandstanding dude.

"I serve God, and my purpose is to please Him, and if God be for you, who can be against you?" Carson told Chris Wallace, host of "Fox News Sunday," when asked if he had any qualms about delivering his critical National Prayer Breakfast speech in front of U.S. President Barack Obama. {Hardly Grandstanding]


Does he have a book to sell or something?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
User avatar
Sergeant Symmetry
 
Posts: 8258
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:31 am

Symmetry wrote:That's grandstanding dude.

"I serve God, and my purpose is to please Him, and if God be for you, who can be against you?" Carson told Chris Wallace, host of "Fox News Sunday," when asked if he had any qualms about delivering his critical National Prayer Breakfast speech in front of U.S. President Barack Obama. {Hardly Grandstanding]


Does he have a book to sell or something?


Its grandstanding only if you choose not believe in God. If you do...well he is just speaking his truth and people understand.
User avatar
Captain Iron Butterfly
 
Posts: 2707
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Re: Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

Postby Symmetry on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:03 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
Symmetry wrote:That's grandstanding dude.

"I serve God, and my purpose is to please Him, and if God be for you, who can be against you?" Carson told Chris Wallace, host of "Fox News Sunday," when asked if he had any qualms about delivering his critical National Prayer Breakfast speech in front of U.S. President Barack Obama. {Hardly Grandstanding]


Does he have a book to sell or something?


Its grandstanding only if you choose not believe in God. If you do...well he is just speaking his truth and people understand.


Meh- his political speech at the prayer breakfast and the Fox News booking suggest otherwise. I don't think your "Its grandstanding only if you choose not believe in God" argument really holds water.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
User avatar
Sergeant Symmetry
 
Posts: 8258
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Symmetry wrote:It's disappointing to see one of the few bipartisan institutions left in Washington reduced to political grandstanding.


I didn't see the video, but this seems symptomatic of our political process.

See: http://www.libertarianism.org/publicati ... s-us-worse
User avatar
Major BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 5151
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:27 pm

GeneralRisk wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Ok Scotty, I'm not watching a 27 minute video. Can you explain in 3 paragraphs or less what his main thesis is?
Worth watching. Over 2 million have watched it in last couple weeks.


Over 20 million have watched the original Harlem Shake video in the last couple of weeks.


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
 
Posts: 24917
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

Postby puppydog85 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:29 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Ok Scotty, I'm not watching a 27 minute video. Can you explain in 3 paragraphs or less what his main thesis is?
Worth watching. Over 2 million have watched it in last couple weeks.


Over 20 million have watched the original Harlem Shake video in the last couple of weeks.


--Andy


and why is our political system messed up?
Sergeant 1st Class puppydog85
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:23 am
Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (7)

Re: Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

Postby daddy1gringo on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:35 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
Symmetry wrote:That's grandstanding dude.

"I serve God, and my purpose is to please Him, and if God be for you, who can be against you?" Carson told Chris Wallace, host of "Fox News Sunday," when asked if he had any qualms about delivering his critical National Prayer Breakfast speech in front of U.S. President Barack Obama. {Hardly Grandstanding]


Does he have a book to sell or something?


Its grandstanding only if you choose not believe in God. If you do...well he is just speaking his truth and people understand.


Meh- his political speech at the prayer breakfast and the Fox News booking suggest otherwise. I don't think your "Its grandstanding only if you choose not believe in God" argument really holds water.
Actually, I agree with you that butterfly's comment makes little or no sense, but still believe it was not "political grandstanding". Far as I know nothing he said was the policy of any political party, but Carson's suggestions of different places to look for solutions to the nation's ills, based on his life experience of applied faith. He has lived the Biblical principle of "investing your talents" by using what he did have even though "dealt a tough hand" and born into a life situation that many would claim predestined him to failure.

A s far as I know he shows no signs of running for political office. He is not a politician but a world-renowned doctor.
The right answer to the wrong question is still the wrong answer to the real question.
User avatar
Lieutenant daddy1gringo
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:47 am
Location: Connecticut yankee expatriated in Isabela, NW PR
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1)

Re: Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

Postby Ray Rider on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:32 pm

daddy1gringo wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
Symmetry wrote:That's grandstanding dude.

"I serve God, and my purpose is to please Him, and if God be for you, who can be against you?" Carson told Chris Wallace, host of "Fox News Sunday," when asked if he had any qualms about delivering his critical National Prayer Breakfast speech in front of U.S. President Barack Obama. {Hardly Grandstanding]


Does he have a book to sell or something?


Its grandstanding only if you choose not believe in God. If you do...well he is just speaking his truth and people understand.


Meh- his political speech at the prayer breakfast and the Fox News booking suggest otherwise. I don't think your "Its grandstanding only if you choose not believe in God" argument really holds water.
Actually, I agree with you that butterfly's comment makes little or no sense, but still believe it was not "political grandstanding". Far as I know nothing he said was the policy of any political party, but Carson's suggestions of different places to look for solutions to the nation's ills, based on his life experience of applied faith. He has lived the Biblical principle of "investing your talents" by using what he did have even though "dealt a tough hand" and born into a life situation that many would claim predestined him to failure.

A s far as I know he shows no signs of running for political office. He is not a politician but a world-renowned doctor.

+1

As far as the speech goes, it was really good, aside from his complete misrepresentation of the War of 1812. He claimed the US won the war even though it was the US that declared war, retreated so far they abandoned their capitol to be burned, and were eventually forced to make peace again without gaining a square inch of territory. That doesn't sound like winning. To rephrase Dr. Carson in a more accurate light, "...even though the Americans thought that we Canadians were young whippersnappers and it was time for us to become another US State...we went on to win that war and retain our freedom!" Plus about 3,000 American slaves won their freedom by escaping to Canada (then a British territory) in the chaos. Thomas Jefferson stated back then that "The acquisition of Canada this year, as far as the neighborhood of Quebec, will be a mere matter of marching, and will give us the experience for the attack on Halifax, the next and final expulsion of England from the American continent." However that walk in the park was not meant to be. Of course economically, the takeover has virtually happened over time; but that's beside the point.
Image
Image
Highest score: 2221
User avatar
Major Ray Rider
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:21 pm
Location: In front of my computer, duh!
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

Postby notyou2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:54 pm

Apparently he offended you Ray, much as he tried not to.

He apologized repeatedly.
Image
User avatar
Captain notyou2
 
Posts: 6428
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: In the here and now
Medals: 59
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

Postby Ray Rider on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:33 pm

notyou2 wrote:Apparently he offended you Ray, much as he tried not to.

He apologized repeatedly.

Just tryna set the record straight, ya know?
Image
Image
Highest score: 2221
User avatar
Major Ray Rider
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:21 pm
Location: In front of my computer, duh!
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)


Return to A Place for People to Practice How to Love

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users