Violations of Privacy and Rights

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Violations of Privacy and Rights

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:03 pm

Last edited by thegreekdog on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: CIA Appointment

Postby GeneralRisk on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Brennan should be arrested, not appointed to lead the CIA. And the man who is doing the appointing—Barack Hussein Obama—should be immediately impeached.
Major GeneralRisk

Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (9)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:14 pm

He's more suitable than Petraeus, that's for sure. Because:
(1) Petraeus wields too much military influence, which should be kept separate from the CIA.
(2) He's got more experience with the CIA--which can be good or bad, depending on your view.

Lagniappe
I don't understand why politicians would filibuster against Brennan but not Petraeus on the grounds of CIA drone strikes. Petraeus oversaw that program too... (I'm not sure if Rand Paul has a history of criticizing Petraeus though).

Brennan has a dark history too (torture, overseeing it perhaps?).

Problem
Risk of groupthink increases with having Brennan on board, since he's so agreeable with Obama and his drone strike policy.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:59 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:He's more suitable than Petraeus, that's for sure. Because:
(1) Petraeus wields too much military influence, which should be kept separate from the CIA.
(2) He's got more experience with the CIA--which can be good or bad, depending on your view.

Lagniappe
I don't understand why politicians would filibuster against Brennan but not Petraeus on the grounds of CIA drone strikes. Petraeus oversaw that program too... (I'm not sure if Rand Paul has a history of criticizing Petraeus though).

Brennan has a dark history too (torture, overseeing it perhaps?).

Problem
Risk of groupthink increases with having Brennan on board, since he's so agreeable with Obama and his drone strike policy.

My idyllic interpretation is that Senators Paul (and some other guys apparently) are trying to make constituents of the various senators aware of the issue so that the constituents may influence their respective senators prior to a vote.

My realistic interpretation is that Senator Paul is trying to differentiate himself from other Republicans for a run at the White House in 2016.

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:43 pm

I miss woodruff at this point...
Personally, I don't think we know enough to make a decision on him. Gotta bow to the representatives on this.
Sergeant PLAYER57832

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:48 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:I miss woodruff at this point...
Personally, I don't think we know enough to make a decision on him. Gotta bow to the representatives on this.

Or you could read up about it and make an informed decision instead.

EDIT - Sorry, can't help myself. This is the issue.

At some point in the last couple of years the Justice Department determined that it had a legal basis to kill Americans in other countries if they were suspected of being terrorists. This determination could be made by the president and one of his designated agents without any judicial or Congressional input.

When questioned as to whether the same proposal would exist with respect to domestic drone usage, the Justice Department responded with, essentially, we wouldn't rule it out.

When questioned further, with a specific scenario of a suspected domestic terrorist sitting in a coffee shop in Houston, Texas, the Justice Department responded that it had a legal basis to kill that person with a drone.

The question for you, Player, is do you care? What if you were sitting in the Houston coffee shop? Would you care then?

Postby warmonger1981 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Welcome to the point of no return. This is a world war on terror and everyone and everything is in the cross hairs. No more constitution to defend US citizens. This is now the Government against any and all who are not in line with their policies. Do you feel safer to speak freely of the government or are you gonna be on the terror list in the future for criticism? This government is fucked.
Lieutenant warmonger1981

Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:55 pm

The US government is most likely on the road to ruin, but I'm an optimist about these things!

Imagine if the Executive actually did kill a suspected terrorist and US citizen within the US. People would go ape shit, which in turn would likely impose costs on the relevant politicians. Perhaps, we'd get a significant change in the make-up of politics in general...

If that doesn't happen, then the long-term problems of deficit spending will become less 'long-term' over the years. Politics will become more contentious as the citizens are forced to pay higher taxes and/or receive lower benefits.

It's gonna be a bumpy road! yay!
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby warmonger1981 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:40 am

From what ive heard the CIA can kill you and they don't have to report it nor do they need a warrant.
Lieutenant warmonger1981

Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:58 am

warmonger1981 wrote:From what ive heard the CIA can kill you and they don't have to report it nor do they need a warrant.

I'd recommend verifying your informant's claims.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Postby Night Strike on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:51 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:I don't understand why politicians would filibuster against Brennan but not Petraeus on the grounds of CIA drone strikes.

TGD answered it for you:

thegreekdog wrote:When questioned as to whether the same proposal would exist with respect to domestic drone usage, the Justice Department responded with, essentially, we wouldn't rule it out.

When questioned further, with a specific scenario of a suspected domestic terrorist sitting in a coffee shop in Houston, Texas, the Justice Department responded that it had a legal basis to kill that person with a drone.
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:15 am

I only I could have predicted TGD's response!

"What Would TGD Say?"
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:02 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:I miss woodruff at this point...

Or you could read up about it and make an informed decision instead.

EDIT - Sorry, can't help myself. This is the issue.

At some point in the last couple of years the Justice Department determined that it had a legal basis to kill Americans in other countries if they were suspected of being terrorists. This determination could be made by the president and one of his designated agents without any judicial or Congressional input.

When questioned as to whether the same proposal would exist with respect to domestic drone usage, the Justice Department responded with, essentially, we wouldn't rule it out.

The question for you, Player, is do you care? What if you were sitting in the Houston coffee shop? Would you care then?

Actually, I am aware of the points you bring up. The thing is I don't think that is all there is to it, and I don't think my worrying about this particular issue is the best way to spend my time.

To be specific, I am concerned about drones..but whomever is put into this position won't be the primary factor in how they are used. I look to the courts and legislator for any fixes. The hoopla over the defense secretary is all for show.

That said, I did admire R.P....too bad his bladder could not hold any longer.
Sergeant PLAYER57832

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:59 pm

f*ck you Graham. f*ck you McCain.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/ins ... ilibuster/

Can't say I'm shocked, but seriously... f*ck you guys.

“The country needs more senators who care about liberty, but if Mr. Paul wants to be taken seriously he needs to do more than pull political stunts that fire up impressionable libertarian kids in their college dorms. He needs to know what he’s talking about,” said Mr. McCain

Yes, god forbid he gets college kids caring about this shifty shit you fuckers do.

Mr. Graham said asking whether the president has the power to kill Americans here at home is a ludicrous question.
“I do not believe that question deserves an answer,” Mr. Graham said.

Then you're a fucking idiot apparently.

“I am going to vote for Brennan now because it’s become a referendum on the drone program,” he said.

Yeah, because you're a fucking asshole.

Postby Night Strike on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:05 pm

They are precisely why the Republican party has completely failed and has to be remade.
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Next

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?