Conquer Club

gov't to withdraw 10% from everyone's bank accounts

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: gov't to withdraw 10% from everyone's bank accounts

Postby rishaed on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:46 pm

Thanks for the updates Fruitcake. If i had the money, I would be doing 3-4 Iron Condors on the Euro right about now. That or just buying some puts....
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Fruitcake on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:49 am

rishaed wrote:Thanks for the updates Fruitcake. If i had the money, I would be doing 3-4 Iron Condors on the Euro right about now. That or just buying some puts....

Problem is, I think the Euro is entering a volatile stage so yes buying some puts would be the best bet if you are able to withstand the roller coaster.

This was my post last week:

Fruitcake wrote:
EUR/GBP
Close Friday 0.8653
Open Monday 0.8547
Close Monday 0.8587
5.45pm (UK) Tuesday 0.8518

Euro value peak was 25th Feb this year at 0.8789

EUR/USD

Close Friday 1.3079
Open Monday 1.2927
Close Monday 1.2941
5.45pm (UK) Tuesday 1.2859

Euro presently trading at 1.2756 USD and 0.8434 GBP

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby patches70 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:02 pm

As some may or may not know, the Russian's got their money out of Cyprus before the deposit levy had a chance to get their money. Even though the accounts were supposedly frozen. This was reported on last Monday-
http://www.spiegel.de/international/eur ... 91168.html
and the Cyprus government has since begun the investigations on who and how this money was able to leave the country before they could steal levy it. Which is hilarious. Depending on how much money got out, it seems all this bail in business will end up for nothing.
Apparently the Cyprus banks allowed transactions for humanitarian reasons and "special payments". Through those two loopholes the Russian oligarchy was able to remove much of their money. Heh heh, and maybe the Russians didn't even have to threaten anyone with plutonium pellets inserted just under the skin of certain politicians and bankers to get their money out.

Anyway, Clarke and Dawe, interviewing an adviser to the ECB, a Mr Luka Busy, explains everything in perfect detail.....
Private patches70

Postby rishaed on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:10 pm

you can practically hear it leaving. . .
What's it sound like?
Swiss
What was that?
Swissz
I'm sorry I didn't catch that?
Switzerland.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby patches70 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:41 pm

rishaed wrote:you can practically hear it leaving. . .
What's it sound like?
Swiss
What was that?
Swissz
I'm sorry I didn't catch that?
Switzerland.

Haha, yeah, that was a good one among quite a few good ones. Like about the Russians- "They can barely contain their delight".
Also about the bad bank and what's been done to it- "That's buried at sea in a lead lined container". Hahahaha!

Clarke and Dawe are great.
Private patches70

Postby AslanTheKing on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:48 pm

if the cyprese would have never found the gigantic gasreserves off their coast, this would have not happened,

russia had their hands deep in cyprus ( militarybase etc...)

not only europe and israel want their share of gas
tuerkey is waiting in line too as the russians
so let them get bankrupt and then get their gas
( thats the european future goal)
they couldnt get norway, so lets get cyprus, get it?
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemyĀ“s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby patches70 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:15 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:if the cyprese would have never found the gigantic gasreserves off their coast, this would have not happened,

russia had their hands deep in cyprus ( militarybase etc...)

not only europe and israel want their share of gas
tuerkey is waiting in line too as the russians
so let them get bankrupt and then get their gas
( thats the european future goal)
they couldnt get norway, so lets get cyprus, get it?

Let's say this is accurate and not just a conspiracy theory. Not just that the inherent flaws in the euro and the ECB are to blame.

That would imply that the governments in Europe are either collaborating, conspiring or held hostage by a criminal technocratic gang of Central planners. That the thought or appearance of sovereignty and liberty are just that, mere thoughts or appearances that are not close to reality at all.

The criminal cabal would be a small group, labeled by some as Illuminati or other such term for such secret and criminal organizations and that this organization holds all the money power over everyone else, including governments. Under the guise of Central Banking.
It would imply that what is happening in Cyprus isn't a natural consequence of malinvestment but was instead engineered to happen as it has.
What of the rest of the EU?
How far and how deep does such an organization reach?
And who stands opposed to it?
Who could stand against it?

Such a group to be able to operate would require a complacent and ignorant populace. Would it not?
Not to mention that if what you say is true, then what good is the EU governments at all?

I'm not buying into your theory exactly, I'm just musing is all. I don't know if Cyprus was targeted because of their gas reserves (which will take decades to exploit), or if it's just a coincidence. Gas reserves or not, would not the fundamental instability of the entire EMU and malinvestment in the PIGS would have led to this happening anyway with no other ulterior motives than simple cause and effect?
It is well known how I personally feel about Central Bankers, Central Planners and Statists. And I suppose it's possible that this is all just a big con and Cyprus has been targeted because of it's potential energy wealth and that it's not able to defend itself at all.
It's a pretty well established fact of history that nations that cannot defend themselves, or depend exclusively on others to defend them, end up getting shafted in time.

I see a rising totalitarian tide in Europe and elsewhere, and who is responsible for it? <Shrugs> looking in the mirror is just as valid an answer as some criminal cabal running rampant over peoples and nations.
Private patches70

Postby AslanTheKing on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:44 pm

so much to read and answer, it took me 3 beers to finish reading,

all the russian money is in turkey now, its save there,

switzerland is not that save anymore
and the powers? what do you want to hear?
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemyĀ“s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby patches70 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:00 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:so much to read and answer, it took me 3 beers to finish reading,

all the russian money is in turkey now, its save there,

switzerland is not that save anymore
and the powers? what do you want to hear?

Sober up brother. Then at your leisure, if what you said is true (that Cyprus was targeted for it's energy reserves rather than a simple natural effect of poor investment) then what are the deeper implications?

Don't tell me what you think I want to hear, tell me what you think. That's all.

I do agree though, that Switzerland isn't all that safe anymore. At least from the American perspective. Recent US laws have put Switzerland in a tough spot and they are capitulating to Washington. All banking information of US citizens with accounts in Switzerland is to be turned over to the US government. I'm not sure how it is with the European perspective.
Private patches70

Postby GreecePwns on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:20 pm

Possible huge scandal in Cyprus involving the President! Here's the first English link I could find:

http://rt.com/news/cyprus-president-money-withdraw-129/

A company owned by in-laws of Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades wired ā‚¬21 million from Laiki Bank to London days before the Eurogroupā€™s crisis-triggering levy proposal, claims a Cypriot newspaper. The president demands an investigation.

During two days, 12 and 13 of March, the company A.Loutsios & Sons Ltd., co-owned by Loutsios John, the husband of Nikos Anastasiadisā€™ daughter, Elsa, took five promissory notes worth ā‚¬21 million from Laiki Bank. The money was then transferred to London, reported Cypriot newspaper Haravgi, affiliated to the communist-rooted AKEL party.

The withdrawal was fulfilled just three days before the Eurogroup meeting when euro finance ministers agreed a 10 billion euro ($13 billion) bailout for Cyprus...The newspaper recalls that Cyprus Finance Minister, Michalis Sarris, publically admitted that the government was aware in advance about the Eurogroupā€™s intentions to impose a ā€œhaircutā€ on bank deposits of more than 100,000 euros.

The bolded part (emphasis mine) means we should all take this with a grain of salt.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:34 am

Yeah, I was getting excited until I saw that in bold--and then reread your description.

How much does the President like his in-laws? Just askin'.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby 2dimes on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:37 am

Such a group to be able to operate would require a complacent and ignorant populace. Would it not?

I'm not intending to accuse you because, I think you are fairly well informed about this, certainly as much as possible for a regular person.

Here is an example of someone who is not complacent.
course 2dimes and assfitz will say riots are a good thing, they bring neighbors together, kind of like a bbq
2dimes wrote:Yeah, then what?
go back to sleep sheep (and just keep your lazy ass out of the way)

sheep like you will never get it.

u and assfitz love to stir the pot and phoo phoo the chaos that is at all of our front doors.

you guys can go to hell in my humble opinion, and you certainly will, your neighbors certainly know
of your cowardice. and all at CC do too. :D

So a person who acts like they know what's going on shows up. Instead of explaining things properly to the rest of us or doing something in real life, they rant online that everyone who doesn't blindly agree with them is a sheep.

Look at what the American banks did, loaning people extra money, way more than the price of their houses on mortgages, often when those people could not afford to pay it back? Instead of thinking. "This is a problem. I can't afford this loan." They just thought of all the cheap crap they could buy the next day at Walmart.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:42 am

2dimes wrote:

I'm not intending to accuse you because, I think you are fairly well informed about this, certainly as much as possible for a regular person.

Here is an example of someone who is not complacent.
course 2dimes and assfitz will say riots are a good thing, they bring neighbors together, kind of like a bbq
2dimes wrote:Yeah, then what?

u and assfitz love to stir the pot and phoo phoo the chaos that is at all of our front doors.

you guys can go to hell in my humble opinion, and you certainly will, your neighbors certainly know

So a person who acts like they know what's going on shows up. Instead of explaining things properly to the rest of us or doing something in real life, they rant online that everyone who doesn't blindly agree with them is a sheep.

Look at what the American banks did, loaning people extra money, way more than the price of their houses on mortgages, often when those people could not afford to pay it back? Instead of thinking. "This is a problem. I can't afford this loan." They just thought of all the cheap crap they could buy the next day at Walmart.

Are you sure you aren't jealous?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby 2dimes on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:58 am

Only of the people that spent the extra money on valuable things like hookers and Starbucks.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby patches70 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:23 am

I'm not sure what you are going on about. Why are you mixing my quotes with someone else's? See, this is my quote-

I was just asking a question of Lion, nothing more.

These quotes are not mine, I don't know who they are-

And what is this about?

2dimes wrote:So a person who acts like they know what's going on shows up. Instead of explaining things properly to the rest of us or doing something in real life, they rant online that everyone who doesn't blindly agree with them is a sheep.

Your post makes no sense, what are you talking about and who are you talking to?

I just asked some questions is all. What's wrong with that? You are talking about rants and then go on to rant yourself. What's up with that?

Just askin' is all.
Private patches70

Postby 2dimes on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:41 am

patches70 wrote:I'm not sure what you are going on about. Why are you mixing my quotes with someone else's? See, this is my quote-

I was just asking a question of Lion, nothing more.

And what is this about?

2dimes wrote:So a person who acts like they know what's going on shows up. Instead of explaining things properly to the rest of us or doing something in real life, they rant online that everyone who doesn't blindly agree with them is a sheep.

Your post makes no sense, what are you talking about and who are you talking to?

I just asked some questions is all. What's wrong with that? You are talking about rants and then go on to rant yourself. What's up with that?

Just askin' is all.

I seperated them, I was talking to anyone and no one in particular, intetionally using an example of someone seperate that thinks they know more than you, but removed the names because as I tried to explain, I did not want to implicate you, while I wanted to adress the concept you brought up and point out someone else who is not you, acted like they are not ignorant and complacent yet certainly in no way intended to help those of us he feels are.

If I wanted to either challenge or support something you wrote I would have left your name in the quotes. As I wrote.
I think you are fairly well informed about this, certainly as much as possible for a regular person.
I thought you would able to tell the difference between what you wrote and what was written by another member without names. You seem intelligent, I don't think the other poster does.

I apologise if you can't follow the structure because of the way I wrote it.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby patches70 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:54 am

Ok then, it just seemed to come out of left field is all. Continuity problems, I remember some of that nutty post, but I don't remember what thread or exactly when that was or who it was. Or even what the poster was ranting about.

Your post seemed a non sequitur and just made me scratch my head is all. Carry on.
Private patches70

Postby 2dimes on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:46 pm

Yeah, I basically lack continuity in real life more so online. Sowwy.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:38 pm

2dimes wrote:Yeah, I basically lack continuity in real life more so online. Sowwy.

Would you like us to make you more continuous?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby 2dimes on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:43 pm

No, I want an airplane, some certain Chevrolets, an acerage with an airstrip and a really well equipped shop.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:53 pm

2dimes wrote:No, I want an airplane, some certain Chevrolets, an acerage with an airstrip and a really well equipped shop.

That's easy. Just start a junk collection in the front yard. You'll have everything you don't need in a nice, easily accessible area--right in front of your home.

No more complaints!
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby 2dimes on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:58 pm

I have a reasonable collection of ~ahem~ treasures thank you. I'm missing a 1955 210 sedan. A couple of Nova Super Sports. (huh, the font is nearly perfect for that look up a google image) A 1965 short box fleetside pickup, An acreage with a well equipped shop and an airplane with a current and valid CofA.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:34 am

2dimes wrote:I have a reasonable collection of ~ahem~ treasures thank you. I'm missing a 1955 210 sedan. A couple of Nova Super Sports. (huh, the font is nearly perfect for that look up a google image) A 1965 short box fleetside pickup, An acreage with a well equipped shop and an airplane with a current and valid CofA.

So, when are you going to drive them all at the same time?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby 2dimes on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:39 am

I don't drive more than one vehicle in the current collection either.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:44 am

You don't really have an unofficial junk yard, do you?
Major BigBallinStalin

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,