Conquer Club

CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What was the cause of the Boston Marathon blasts?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Total votes : 0

Re: CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:39 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Symmetry, how is it you know what an American perception of what is foreign and what isn't?

I lived as a foreigner in America. How about you?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby ben1212 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:45 pm

I think its a lone wolf. BigBallinStalin has a point, I don't think its LW or RW. The bomb was strategically placed because it was 15 seconds apart, enough time for people to realize the bomb has went off and have enough sense to run away and that's when the second bomb was detonated, causing massive amounts of injuries. Furthermore, I believe that this guy is a newbie in making bombs because two did not detonate. I think that he/her meant the two bombs to blow up at exactly the same time along with second bomb at places with the highest concentration of people in order to maximize casualties. Don't ask me how I know this stuff, and no Im not a terrorist BG the brain (TAKE ME OFF THAT SUSPECTED TERRORIST LIST!)
-ben1212
Captain ben1212

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:46 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Symmetry, how is it you know what an American perception of what is foreign and what isn't?

Phatscotty was dumped by an alien.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby notyou2 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:54 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Phatscotty was dumped by an alien.

As in having a dump?
Captain notyou2

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:57 pm

ben1212 wrote:I think its a lone wolf. BigBallinStalin has a point, I don't think its LW or RW. The bomb was strategically placed because it was 15 seconds apart, enough time for people to realize the bomb has went off and have enough sense to run away and that's when the second bomb was detonated, causing massive amounts of injuries. Furthermore, I believe that this guy is a newbie in making bombs because two did not detonate. I think that he/her meant the two bombs to blow up at exactly the same time along with second bomb at places with the highest concentration of people in order to maximize casualties. Don't ask me how I know this stuff, and no Im not a terrorist BG the brain (TAKE ME OFF THAT SUSPECTED TERRORIST LIST!)
-ben1212

HOW DO YOU KNOW IT'S NOT A GIRL!!!!!!! (beat Symm to it)
Major Phatscotty

Postby notyou2 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:00 pm

Seriously, my guess is a mentally deranged right wing American that is upset with the talk concerning possible fire arm restrictions.

I had heard that the area targeted was where the VIP's were seated. Perhaps they expected the mayor, governor, etc but I apparently the VIP area was filled with people hit hard by tropical storm Sandy.
Captain notyou2

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:06 pm

Either a lot of people are going to be right, or a lot of people are going to be wrong.

What I love the most is all those people are usually the first ones to rush into a thread screaming about how people can't judge an entire group based on the actions of one individual, or not rushing to judgement, certainly not singling out entire creeds of people based on ZERO information. Thought that was what bigots are made of? Really now, how is this any different than "It was probably that purple guy!"

But hey, do what yall do
Major Phatscotty

Postby notyou2 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Sorry Scotty, it's the attraction factor to the bang and bluster.
Captain notyou2

Postby crispybits on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:15 pm

It's also a bit of fun, like buying a lottery ticket. Nobody has any info at all so close your eyes and put a pin somewhere randomly on the map of terrorist origins and see if you got it right in the end.
Major crispybits

Postby betiko on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:16 pm

Yup either fundamentalists either another american loser crying for attention by killing people.
Major betiko

Postby 2dimes on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:19 pm

apparently the VIP area was filled with people hit hard by tropical storm Sandy.

Nice.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:27 pm

I doubt it's a right-wing terrorist. I recall in the hour after 9/11 some news show said "how do we know it wasn't a right-wing terrorist - everyone initially thought OKC was Muslims after all" and then someone pointed out you could just as easily have flown a plane into the UN building which would be a much more attractive target for a right-wing terrorist than the WTC. The Boston Marathon isn't a sensible target for a right-wing terrorist.

On the other hand, today is a public holiday in Massachusetts marking the anniversary of the Battle of Lexington which could be a significant date to a right-wing terrorist.

IMO, Islamic terrorists would have claimed responsibility by now. If I could change my vote I would now vote for a doomsday or new age cult like with the Tokyo subway attacks.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby notyou2 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:39 pm

Or maybe Saxi's Gang of Five?
Captain notyou2

Postby codeblue1018 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Islamic terrorists; this Boston incident had many characteristics as the Madrid and London bombings. Multiple bombs, which most likely needed more than one individual to carry out this act. The idea was to inflict injury, death and general chaos. Fortunately, some of the other bombs failed. They were all placed in or around the finish line and detonated at a time where many people would be present. To calculated for some home grown terrorist, but you never know. Only thing that makes me wonder is I haven't heard of anyone claiming responsibility as of yet.
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:45 pm

codeblue1018 wrote:The idea was to inflict injury, death and general chaos.

I don't think bombs have ever been used for these reasons before...
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby codeblue1018 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:49 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
codeblue1018 wrote:The idea was to inflict injury, death and general chaos.

I don't think bombs have ever been used for these reasons before...

Clever
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:53 pm

Thanks

codeBlue wrote:How is that working out for you?

What?

codeBlue wrote:Being clever...

...great...

codeBlue wrote:Keep it up then.

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:07 pm

ben1212 wrote:I think its a lone wolf. BigBallinStalin has a point, I don't think its LW or RW. The bomb was strategically placed because it was 15 seconds apart, enough time for people to realize the bomb has went off and have enough sense to run away and that's when the second bomb was detonated, causing massive amounts of injuries. Furthermore, I believe that this guy is a newbie in making bombs because two did not detonate. I think that he/her meant the two bombs to blow up at exactly the same time along with second bomb at places with the highest concentration of people in order to maximize casualties. Don't ask me how I know this stuff, and no Im not a terrorist BG the brain (TAKE ME OFF THAT SUSPECTED TERRORIST LIST!)
-ben1212

Usually, you have the second bomb explode at a later time because you (i.e. the general you) wants first responders and what not to congregate around the first bomb's victims, then kablamo. That's generally how that works.

Good point about this guy/girl being a newb. Then again plenty of experienced groups have made some amateurish mistakes too...
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:09 pm

saxitoxin wrote:I doubt it's a right-wing terrorist. I recall in the hour after 9/11 some news show said "how do we know it wasn't a right-wing terrorist - everyone initially thought OKC was Muslims after all" and then someone pointed out you could just as easily have flown a plane into the UN building which would be a much more attractive target for a right-wing terrorist than the WTC. The Boston Marathon isn't a sensible target for a right-wing terrorist.

On the other hand, today is a public holiday in Massachusetts marking the anniversary of the Battle of Lexington which could be a significant date to a right-wing terrorist.

IMO, Islamic terrorists would have claimed responsibility by now. If I could change my vote I would now vote for a doomsday or new age cult like with the Tokyo subway attacks.

I know... which is why I'm slightly disheartened about my guess...
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Baron Von PWN on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:22 pm

I voted right wing terrorists because, lol tea party death squads. However more seriously I suspect either Islamic terrorists, or lone nut job. I had really been hoping it was an accident though, it's funny how that would somehow make it more ok.
Sergeant 1st Class Baron Von PWN

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:25 pm

I think the streak of drugged up hippie types will continue.
Major Phatscotty

Postby 2dimes on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:04 pm

Baron Von PWN wrote:I had really been hoping it was an accident though, it's funny how that would somehow make it more ok.

Because an accident is not going to try again. I don't even have a guess but I hope they find and at least lock up who ever did it.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:20 am

Some people are guessing that it's an Al Qaeda sympathizer (i.e. someone who is not associated with Al Qaeda but will operate on the group's behalf). I'm still going with my right wing nutjob vote for the reasons stated by others.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:17 am

I have it on good authority that this was a called shot from the US government to hide the fact that they just scrapped the law on insider trading. Sort of a network news denial of service.

Therefore, both Left- and Right- wing domestic terrorists is correct, as the Repocrat party banded together to screw the American people. As a Canadian, my heart goes out to the American people, who live in a state with not one homicidal dictator, but an entire Senate which exists solely to make money and would resort to killing people to achieve its own means.

I am reporting this to the UN and to wikileaks. These psycho bastards will pay.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Ray Rider on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:12 am

thegreekdog wrote:Some people are guessing that it's an Al Qaeda sympathizer (i.e. someone who is not associated with Al Qaeda but will operate on the group's behalf). I'm still going with my right wing nutjob vote for the reasons stated by others.

As others have mentioned, if this was an Islamic extremist or right/left wing group, you would think they would have claimed responsibility by now; otherwise what would be the point?

I'm betting it's a wing nut homicidal maniac who likes to kill people for the fun of it.
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,