Conquer Club

Is Phatscotty a Republican?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Is Phatscotty a Republican?

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 25, 2013 11:45 am

notyou2 wrote:OK, I got this answer in another thread:

swimmerdude99 wrote:
notyou2 wrote:Is Phatscotty a Republican?

PS Please respond soon, I need this answer for another thread.

It depends. I view myself as a conservative when it comes to politics (or republican) but I definitely don't agree with all that he says so I think hes his own breed to be honest. He's definitely not straight line republican.

I take that as a compliment!
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 25, 2013 11:50 am

Night Strike wrote:
john9blue wrote:i'm not arguing that paul isn't a member of the republican party. did i ever say he wasn't a republican? i'm arguing that he's a RINO, and symmetry doesn't understand the concept of a RINO, which makes this debate difficult for me.

At least he's not the same type of RINO as Lindsey Graham or John McCain or Olympia Snowe or Susan Collins or a number of other worthless Senators (and representatives).

True that. I think Republican can learn a lot from Paul, certainly fiscally. And as the Tea Party has sprung, despite constant smear jobs and lies and everyone turning against us (what else would you expect), we have more Ron Paul type Republicans in the house and senate in 2010 than in 2008, and more in 2012 than in 2010.

In 2014, I think the Tea Party can take the house, and I hope (as predicted) the dozen+ Tea Party Democrats who are running around the country get elected and join them. THEN and ONLY THEN will we get real repeals of the patriot act, only then will bail outs become a thing of the past, only then can we start becoming less interventionist in our foreign policy, specifically concerning the military.

Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 25, 2013 12:01 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:i know PS strays from the libertarian ideology more often than we'd like (i think i called him a "republican that tries to be a libertarian" in another thread) but he's better than most people in this forum, and i think he gets a disproportionate amount of hate, so it doesn't bother me all that much.

Better at what? Obfuscation? Tap-dancing? Avoidance? Videos?

Well...yeah, he's better at videos than most people in this forum. I'll give him that.

john9blue wrote:sure, but liking the politics of a single member of a group doesn't mean that you advocate for the policies of the group as a whole, especially when you have a "maverick" like paul who disagrees with most of them. you can say that he likes a republican, but not republicans as a whole (although he probably likes them better than democrats)

This was actually my biggest hangup about Ron Paul (I feel like I can't just call him "Paul" like I do with "Bush" and "Obama"...damn last first names)...if he had run as an independent, which if what you say is true (and I do think it is), he would have done more to further his actual cause than by using the method he did, in my opinion.

Maybe, but by running as a Repub., he got access to more cameras and debates among those Repubs, thus increasing 'the word'. I don't think the libertarian movement and the Libertarian Party would have gotten more attention by having RP run as an independent or LP.

Gary Johnson should take notes. But he is just getting started, it's not like it's his 4th time running for prez (is it?).

I think he's on the right track. Ron Paul ran as a Libertarian the first time too.

His supporters really should be able to understand what I have been saying. If GJ didn't do a couple debated in the REPUBLICAN PARTY, he would have never got a half a percent. I'm not saying I wouldn't vote for him in the future, but I am saying a plan that garners 2% of the vote is not a very good plan, and I am also saying that entering the REPUBLICAN PARTY debates got his message and his name out far more than millions of dollars ever could. sure sure, it's much more convenient to blame people like me and the voters, but I think, very honestly, you should put a lot of the blame on Gary Johnson for losing. I would bet we see him running as a Republican in the future. And while some may expect others to do the same thing at the time you are trying to do to me now, it won't be me playing gothcya games or constantly posting what others have said in the past about running as a Republican.

Over 90% of the votes I have cast in my life have been for 3rd party candidates. Minnesota is a special place when it comes to 3rd parties. But right now I see an opportunity for a lot of 3rd party types to transform BOTH parties. It just so happens it started on the right first.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 25, 2013 2:36 pm

Night Strike wrote:
john9blue wrote:i'm not arguing that paul isn't a member of the republican party. did i ever say he wasn't a republican? i'm arguing that he's a RINO, and symmetry doesn't understand the concept of a RINO, which makes this debate difficult for me.

At least he's not the same type of RINO as Lindsey Graham or John McCain or Olympia Snowe or Susan Collins or a number of other worthless Senators (and representatives).

Or Ronald Reagan.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 25, 2013 2:38 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Truth is, I don't care what party a person is in when it comes to unloading a steaming pile of bullshit

Finally, an honest statement from Phatscotty!

Phatscotty wrote:I agree with Ron Paul's overall message about interventionalism, as you know. If you think the overall point of Paul's post was to tell people to give the Democrats a break, or let Obama off the hook for his lying, or saying we should just accept lies, then I think you missed the point, at least according to me (the one who shared it)

I don't believe anyone here thought his point was that in any way. Why would you try to use that particular distraction method?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 25, 2013 2:41 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

True that. I think Republican can learn a lot from Paul, certainly fiscally. And as the Tea Party has sprung, despite constant smear jobs and lies and everyone turning against us (what else would you expect), we have more Ron Paul type Republicans in the house and senate in 2010 than in 2008, and more in 2012 than in 2010.

I haven't seen a single Ron Paul type new Republican in the House.

Phatscotty wrote:In 2014, I think the Tea Party can take the house, and I hope (as predicted) the dozen+ Tea Party Democrats who are running around the country get elected and join them. THEN and ONLY THEN will we get real repeals of the patriot act, only then will bail outs become a thing of the past, only then can we start becoming less interventionist in our foreign policy, specifically concerning the military.

And maybe you can end that whole "homosexual marriage" thing for once and for all too!

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 25, 2013 2:44 pm

Phatscotty wrote:His supporters really should be able to understand what I have been saying.

Gary Johnson's supporters DO really understand what you have been saying. It's just that you don't understand how what you're saying doesn't jive with what you THINK you're saying or, probably more accurately, what you HOPE YOUR SAYING WILL BE INTERPRETED.

Phatscotty wrote:sure sure, it's much more convenient to blame people like me and the voters

Not only is it convenient, it is accurate.

Phatscotty wrote:but I think, very honestly, you should put a lot of the blame on Gary Johnson for losing.

Fortunately, Gary Johnson seems to be more principled than you.

Phatscotty wrote:Over 90% of the votes I have cast in my life have been for 3rd party candidates.

Thanks, PLAYER.

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,