Conquer Club

He's called a "traitor"

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: He's called a "traitor"

Postby rishaed on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:13 pm

+1. Hope they never get the guy.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby pretender77 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:43 pm

The press is the greatest ally of all of the USA's enemies. Period.
ImageImage

22:30:44 ā€¹Metsfanmaxā€ŗ wait
02/02/2013 22:30:47 ā€¹Metsfanmaxā€ŗ NoS is 16?
22:31:1 ā€¹Metsfanmaxā€ŗ there's no way that NoS is not like 27 years old
Captain pretender77

Postby patches70 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:57 pm

Those who have looked upon Snowden with vengeful hearts because he is in Hong Kong and worry about his Chinese connections. Will he defect to China? you ask. Was he working with the Chinese all along? you ask. China denies, but who can believe them?

Anyway, Snowden isn't planning on defecting to China. He has applied for asylum in Iceland. Yes, those dirty evil Icelanders. Evil anti American Iceland. The same Iceland who gave Bobby Fischer asylum when he was being sought for extradition to the US because he played a game of chess in Yugoslavia.

Snowden is seeking citizenship in Iceland as well. If granted, Iceland won't extradite Snowden to the US.

The US has formally asked Hong Kong to extradite Snowden to the US to face charges. Hong Kong does have an extradition treaty with the US but there is an exception in the treaty for political offenses. Hong Kong likely won't extradite Snowden because espionage is often treated as a political offense by Hong Kong.

It's funny, the US charges Snowden for spying because Snowden revealed that the US is spying on everyone, including her own citizens. Crazy world we live in. Crazy indeed.
Private patches70

Postby rishaed on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:58 pm

pretender77 wrote:The press is the greatest ally of all of the USA's enemies. Period.

And you are what is called an ignorant person, who would rather pretend that there is no such thing as government corruption a/o departmental corruption, that you would rather close your eyes to what is presented before you, and realize that the press may be the one greatest independent powers of the people that we have. The Checks and Balance system only works when the government isn't completely corrupt from head to toe.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:23 pm

rishaed wrote:
pretender77 wrote:The press is the greatest ally of all of the USA's enemies. Period.

And you are what is called an ignorant person, who would rather pretend that there is no such thing as government corruption a/o departmental corruption, that you would rather close your eyes to what is presented before you, and realize that the press may be the one greatest independent powers of the people that we have. The Checks and Balance system only works when the government isn't completely corrupt from head to toe.

Easy Rishaed. You both have a point, but the relevance of both is somewhere in the middle.

Yes, there is government corruption and the press is supposed to be and has historically been the American remedy. I think what Pretender meant was "what if the media is just as corrupt as the government? even in bed with government? helping the government be even more corrupt?"

Obama Has Private White House Meeting With MSNBC Primetime Lineup

The press "could" be one of the greatest independent powers of the people that we have, but I think we are missing one all important word. FREE-press, of which we can barely be accused of having.

As an aside; Of the 3 people I know in my life that I respect the most, 2-1 think Snowden did the right thing.
Major Phatscotty

Postby rishaed on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:56 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
rishaed wrote:

Easy Rishaed. You both have a point, but the relevance of both is somewhere in the middle.

Yes, there is government corruption and the press is supposed to be and has historically been the American remedy. I think what Pretender meant was "what if the media is just as corrupt as the government? even in bed with government? helping the government be even more corrupt?"

Obama Has Private White House Meeting With MSNBC Primetime Lineup

The press "could" be one of the greatest independent powers of the people that we have, but I think we are missing one all important word. FREE-press, of which we can barely be accused of having.

As an aside; Of the 3 people I know in my life that I respect the most, 2-1 think Snowden did the right thing.

Wow.....I wouldn't have expected that post from you considering some of your other posts. However you are right. It is just hard to pull that point out from what he wrote. If what is bolded is true (which considering FOX and CNN with all the spin it probably is) then you can throw out the press as well. I have no doubt that the government has some form of claws/deals in the press. (As much as I wish it were not so.)

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:07 pm

That's my fault. I know Pretender so it was easy for me to understand better what he meant (I hope 8-[ )
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:30 pm

I suppose that depends on who you consider the USA's enemies to be. I'm pretty sure my definition would be different than a lot of folks'.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby karel on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:33 pm

dude should be hung by his balls and be stripped of his passport and never allowed back into this country ever again,he is a piece of shit in my book
Corporal karel

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:34 pm

karel wrote:dude should be hung by his balls and be stripped of his passport and never allowed back into this country ever again,he is a piece of shit in my book

Why?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:36 pm

karel wrote:dude should be hung by his balls and be stripped of his passport and never allowed back into this country ever again,he is a piece of shit in my book

dang!

What's your main gripe?
Last edited by Phatscotty on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby karel on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:37 pm

he is a f-en dirt bag,i guess you think its ok to put our men on the battle field in more arm,well maybe ur a dirt bag to,i guess you can go join him
Corporal karel

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:38 pm

karel wrote:he is a f-en dirt bag,i guess you think its ok to put our men on the battle field in more arm,well maybe ur a dirt bag to,i guess you can go join him

Your statement there really doesn't make much sense. Where is Snowden's actions resulting in putting more of our men on the battlefield? In this particular case, the "battlefield" appears to be the US citizenry.

Could you please explain a bit more?

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:38 pm

karel wrote:he is a f-en dirt bag,i guess you think its ok to put our men on the battle field in more arm,well maybe ur a dirt bag to,i guess you can go join him

How are they in more harm? Don't judge me yet, I'm still just trying to understand you.
Last edited by Phatscotty on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby karel on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:39 pm

Phatscotty wrote:

How are they in more harm?

really you had to go there,wow..really,wtf...lets just tell the whole world what we are doing,you all can move to canada then
Corporal karel

Postby karel on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:41 pm

BESIDES I SEE NOTHING WRONG WHAT THE NSA WAS DOING,THIS IS NOT THE 1950;S,TIMES HAVE CHANGED,LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE
Corporal karel

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:41 pm

karel wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

really you had to go there,wow..really,wtf...lets just tell the whole world what we are doing,you all can move to canada then

don't judge yet, I'm just asking questions to understand what you are saying more clearly. I would first need to know how it puts our soldiers in harms way before I could make a decision on how I felt about it. Can you do that for me?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:41 pm

karel wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

Since our government's activities tend to send our soldiers MORE into harms way than less, I would suggest to you that highlighting our government's activities might actually result in our soldiers being LESS in harms way. Sort of shining a light into the darker areas and showing what is really there.

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:42 pm

karel wrote:BESIDES I SEE NOTHING WRONG WHAT THE NSA WAS DOING,THIS IS NOT THE 1950;S,TIMES HAVE CHANGED,LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE

Well, that's certainly a more definitive statement. Why do you believe it is acceptable for the NSA to ignore the US Constitution?

Postby karel on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:42 pm

Woodruff wrote:
karel wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

Since our government's activities tend to send our soldiers MORE into harms way than less, I would suggest to you that highlighting our government's activities might actually result in our soldiers being LESS in harms way. Sort of shining a light into the darker areas and showing what is really there.

and your point is?
Corporal karel

Postby rishaed on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:44 pm

karel wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

What they were doing was infringing blatantly disregarding the rights of every American citizen. :ugeek: But don't listen to me, because you probably haven't listened/read the rest of this thread either. ](*,) I personally want to know when my rights are being violated by a government organization.

Postby karel on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:47 pm

rishaed wrote:
karel wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

What they were doing was infringing blatantly disregarding the rights of every American citizen. :ugeek: But don't listen to me, because you probably haven't listened/read the rest of this thread either. ](*,) I personally want to know when my rights are being violated by a government organization.

well if you were talking about shit to blow something up or say certian words,or plans on killing the president,then you deserve to be tap with out warning,,with out the nsa we are less safer,so just get over it
Corporal karel

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:48 pm

so it's like that then Karel?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:12 pm

karel wrote:BESIDES I SEE NOTHING WRONG WHAT THE NSA WAS DOING,THIS IS NOT THE 1950;S,TIMES HAVE CHANGED,LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE

Major Phatscotty

Postby karel on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:14 pm

Phatscotty wrote:

REALLY.......so done here,going back to hockey
Corporal karel

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,