Conquer Club

List of Things More Popular Than a Potential War with Syria

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Do You Support Military Action in Syria?

Total votes : 0

List of Things More Popular Than a Potential War with Syria

Postby Frigidus on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:23 am

Our newest national poll finds that Congress only has a 9% favorability rating with 85% of voters viewing it in a negative light. We've seen poll after poll after poll over the last year talking about how unpopular Congress is but really, what's the difference between an 11% or a 9% or a 7% favorability rating? So we decided to take a different approach and test Congress' popularity against 26 different things. And what we found is that Congress is less popular than cockroaches, traffic jams, and even Nickelback.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main ... steem.html

We noted last month than Congress is less popular than North Korea, cockroaches, lice, root canals, colonoscopies, traffic jams, used car salesmen, Genghis Khan, Communism, BP during the Gulf oil spill, Nixon during Watergate or King George during the American Revolution.

The Washington Post notes today that a Syria intervention is less popular than Congress. So that means that the American people would much rather get a root canal or a colonoscopy than bomb Syria.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/08/ ... syria.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wor ... -congress/

So, without further ado, let's start a list of things that are less popular than a war with Syria (and by extension the U.S. Congress). Let's start with what has been objectively demonstrated:

1. Lice

2. Brussel Sprouts

3. 2012's Replacement NFL Refs

4. Colonoscopies

5. Root Canals

6. Used Car Salesmen

7. Traffic Jams

8. France

9. Carnies

10. Nickelback

11. Genghis Khan

12. DC Political Pundits

13. Donald Trump

14. Cockroaches

15. North Korea

16. Communism

17. BP during the Gulf oil spill

18. Nixon during Watergate

19. King George during the American Revolution
Last edited by Frigidus on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant Frigidus

Re: List of Things More Popular Than a Potential War with Sy

Postby 2007spaceodyssey on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:43 am

Great you mentioned Nickelback there but I miss the poodle dog.
Major 2007spaceodyssey

Postby Kuwait1961 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:34 am

Sorry my English is not good. I am from Kuwait and I have live here when Iraq invaded my country. USA came to my country to liberate us which save many peoples lives. I know war is never good but many people are dying in Syria. Many Syrians evacuate to Kuwait and can't go back home now. I think something must be done to help people. Thank you
Corporal 1st Class Kuwait1961

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:37 am

20. surprise buttsecks
21. Things that a free market can solve
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby karel on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:18 am

not sure why we have to get involved
Corporal karel

Postby Frigidus on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:19 am

Kuwait1961 wrote:Sorry my English is not good. I am from Kuwait and I have live here when Iraq invaded my country. USA came to my country to liberate us which save many peoples lives. I know war is never good but many people are dying in Syria. Many Syrians evacuate to Kuwait and can't go back home now. I think something must be done to help people. Thank you

I can understand those living in the Middle East wanting protection, but we have failed to bring that to both Iraq and Afghanistan following our occupations of them. Over 100,000 civilians died in Iraq since we invaded.

karel wrote:not sure why we have to get involved

Well how else are we going to hand out military contracts?
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby karel on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:22 am

let other middle east countries help with the fight,we should just stand by and help if need....this is not our war and should stay out of it,after all we still fighting 2 wars from the last duche bag bush,started
Corporal karel

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:38 am

22. The number 7
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:15 am

Also, I'm curious as to what Obama-lovers think about this whole thing.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Frigidus on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:06 pm

I'll sum up their position for you AoG:

LET'S GO BLUE TEAM! *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLA-CLA-CLAP*

Edit: 23. The Smurfs 2
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby patches70 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:11 pm

Kuwait1961 wrote:Sorry my English is not good. I am from Kuwait and I have live here when Iraq invaded my country. USA came to my country to liberate us which save many peoples lives. I know war is never good but many people are dying in Syria. Many Syrians evacuate to Kuwait and can't go back home now. I think something must be done to help people. Thank you

Sounds like a plan, let Kuwait go liberate Syria, no need to involve the US. Unlike what happened to Kuwait back in the 90's, Assad is not invading anyone. This is a purely civil war within Syria, and the US involvement so far, providing arms, logistics and training to the Syrian rebels, has contributed very much to the continued killing and misery.

When Syria invades Kuwait, then worry not, we'll be there in two shakes of a lamb's tail to save you and liberate you. Until then, your country can get embroiled in a civil war where there are no "good guys" and all sides fighting are just as bad as the side they are fighting against.

Screw getting in the middle of that. But, it appears that the decision is already made, so you'll likely get your wish. You should be more careful what you wish for though, because this isn't going to turn out rosy.....
Private patches70

Postby Kuwait1961 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:20 pm

Frigidus wrote:
I can understand those living in the Middle East wanting protection, but we have failed to bring that to both Iraq and Afghanistan following our occupations of them. Over 100,000 civilians died in Iraq since we invaded.[/quote]

Many civilians did die, this is true, but it was a far better than what else would have happened. Iraq has chance to join GCC now which was not possible many years ago. I travel to Iraq many times now to see friends and they are much safer. It is still dangerous to go to small towns in south but the Kurdish region is very safe. Afghanistan is same I hear but I never go there before. Iraq and all Arab nations are in much better place than before US come.

karel wrote:let other middle east countries help with the fight,we should just stand by and help if need....this is not our war and should stay out of it,after all we still fighting 2 wars from the last duche bag bush,started

This is strange for me to say but unless USA get involved, and make Syria safer, the USA will have much larger war later. If certain people win in Syria then they will bomb Israel which all Arab nations want to do as they are enemy to us. Since USA is friend to Israel if this happen there will be bigger war later on. Only reason Arab countries have not destroyed them is because of USA. Long as USA is friend to Israel then this is your war.
Corporal 1st Class Kuwait1961

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:33 pm

Then go donate $ or join the military.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:36 pm

Kuwait1961 wrote:
Frigidus wrote:
I can understand those living in the Middle East wanting protection, but we have failed to bring that to both Iraq and Afghanistan following our occupations of them. Over 100,000 civilians died in Iraq since we invaded.

Many civilians did die, this is true, but it was a far better than what else would have happened. Iraq has chance to join GCC now which was not possible many years ago. I travel to Iraq many times now to see friends and they are much safer. It is still dangerous to go to small towns in south but the Kurdish region is very safe. Afghanistan is same I hear but I never go there before. Iraq and all Arab nations are in much better place than before US come.[/quote]

What would've happened?

And how do you know?

Kuwait1961 wrote:
karel wrote:let other middle east countries help with the fight,we should just stand by and help if need....this is not our war and should stay out of it,after all we still fighting 2 wars from the last duche bag bush,started

This is strange for me to say but unless USA get involved, and make Syria safer, the USA will have much larger war later. If certain people win in Syria then they will bomb Israel which all Arab nations want to do as they are enemy to us. Since USA is friend to Israel if this happen there will be bigger war later on. Only reason Arab countries have not destroyed them is because of USA. Long as USA is friend to Israel then this is your war.

How so?

If you look at the pattern of US intervention in the Middle East, we've had nothing but wars and even blowback from supporting dictatorships. Not sure how doing more of the same will somehow lead to less conflict.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:39 pm

BBS, the only answer is Neo. We need Neo.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby patches70 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:48 pm

Kuwait1961 wrote:
This is strange for me to say but unless USA get involved, and make Syria safer, the USA will have much larger war later. If certain people win in Syria then they will bomb Israel

"Certain people"? Which people? Assad? The rebels? Exactly who are you talking about here?

Kuwait1961 wrote: which all Arab nations want to do as they are enemy to us. Since USA is friend to Israel

You used the word "us", which includes yourself. If Israel is your enemy, and the USA is friend to Israel, then you are enemy to USA. Why should we help you in that case? Or do anything at all that you would want?

kuwait1961 wrote: if this happen there will be bigger war later on. Only reason Arab countries have not destroyed them is because of USA. Long as USA is friend to Israel then this is your war.

Maybe the USA is the only reason Arab countries haven't destroyed Israel, or maybe it's because Arab countries are busy killing each other.

You'd like to see the US go into Syria and make them get along with each other but you don't give a crap about getting along with your neighbors, especially if they are Jews.

US, Damned if we do, Damned if we don't. No matter what we'll be hated. It's not our job to be the policemen of the world. It's too costly, we don't have the moral authority, we don't have the ability to do so efficiently and the blowback only causes more and more death and problems.

You want someone to bring peace and safety to Syria? Then go do it yourself if it's that important to you. No one will stop you. The Syrian rebels are filled with mercenaries, you can be a mercenary too. Have at it.
Private patches70

Postby Frigidus on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:05 pm

patches70 wrote:
Kuwait1961 wrote: which all Arab nations want to do as they are enemy to us. Since USA is friend to Israel

You used the word "us", which includes yourself. If Israel is your enemy, and the USA is friend to Israel, then you are enemy to USA. Why should we help you in that case? Or do anything at all that you would want?

We should let Israel deal with their own mess as well. It was moronic to put the Jewish homeland in the Middle East, but that poor decision was made by people who are dead by this point. We shouldn't be eternally shackled to Israel just because some nutters wanted to speed the apocalypse along.

24. LeBron James
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:09 pm

25. Matrix 2
26. Matrix 3
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Lootifer on Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:10 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:

Oh man, im anti-war, but come one, really?
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby notyou2 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:50 pm

Lootifer wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

He appears to be born in 1961, I think he is a little old to be a soldier BBS.
Captain notyou2

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Kuwait1961 wrote:Sorry my English is not good.

Your English is better than 90% of the people in Arkansas, including a former U.S. President.

Kuwait1961 wrote:If certain people win in Syria then they will bomb Israel which all Arab nations want to do as they are enemy to us

What is the opinion of people in GCC nations right now about the friendly attitude the GCC governments have taken toward Israel lately?
I STAND WITH THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:41 pm

This guy is brilliant. Quality, mate.

He's right on the money here. The US isn't invading Syria with the intention of stealing oil wells, national artifacts, or currency like they did in Iraq. We're helping people and setting up strong friendships for the future. Pacifism will only help the oppressor.

Anyone who maintains an isolationist attitude on this subject is just being a jerk. As the world's biggest military power, we have a moral obligation to help people in need. Even if we had no tanks or planes at all; we would still have a moral obligation to help the Syrian people.
This isn't a repeat of the US invasion of Afghanistan, where there's no strategy, end game, or justification. This is a repeat of the US invasion of Iraq in '94, or the EU invasion of Bosnia. There have been over 100,000 civilian deaths in Syria since the in-fighting began. Their own president has ordered soldiers to massacre civilians. Think about these numbers... 6500 kids have been killed. And we're just gonna watch this, like this is what it means to be a good person? Are we just gonna let these people die because... I don't even know why you don't care... just because?

The FSA, or Free Syrian Army, is the largest force fighting against the Syrian President. They are a non-sectarian, non-religious fighting force. They have no political ambition. Their active fighting forces are made up of Syrian Army deserters who left the military when ordered to attack civilian targets. Their only goal is to defeat Assad and Hezbollah and bring Democratic elections to Syria. Unfortunately, they need weapons to fight with, and the training to use it. Russia has been supplying Assad with jets and tanks, and the light arms of the FSA can't stop them.
These guys sound exactly like our founding fathers. Don't they?
And like our founding fathers, they need a little help. 1n 1776, France rescued us, and it's our duty to pay that forward. Assad has allied himself with Muslim extremists, and his government will lose power no matter what happens. It's up to you to decide for yourself what kind of government you want to replace him. Do you want a Democratic, pro-American government or a second Taliban?
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Frigidus on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:45 pm

I wonder what Juan's opinion would be if there was a Republican president in office right now...
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:50 pm

Lootifer wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Yeah, pretty much. If you feel so strongly about X, then pay for it--or appeal to their emotions (marketing) and get others to pay for it. Decent, civil societies are built upon the basis of voluntary exchange.

Military intervention is not as easy as it seems, and with a political process at the helm, I don't see how they would be able to correct their mistakes or to mute their own interests while supposedly promoting the nebulous interests of 'the people'.

Kuwait ranks #65 in economic freedom. If we look at others rankings, do you think we'd find a 'liberated country of free individuals'? Did the US intervention--without waiting for Middle Eastern diplomacy--really helped out Kuwaitis in the long-run? It doesn't seem like it, nor was it the only choice at that time.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:55 pm

patches70 wrote:"Certain people"? Which people? Assad? The rebels? Exactly who are you talking about here?

kuwait1961 wrote: if this happen there will be bigger war later on. Only reason Arab countries have not destroyed them is because of USA. Long as USA is friend to Israel then this is your war.

Maybe the USA is the only reason Arab countries haven't destroyed Israel, or maybe it's because Arab countries are busy killing each other.

You'd like to see the US go into Syria and make them get along with each other but you don't give a crap about getting along with your neighbors, especially if they are Jews.

US, Damned if we do, Damned if we don't. No matter what we'll be hated. It's not our job to be the policemen of the world. It's too costly, we don't have the moral authority, we don't have the ability to do so efficiently and the blowback only causes more and more death and problems.

You want someone to bring peace and safety to Syria? Then go do it yourself if it's that important to you. No one will stop you. The Syrian rebels are filled with mercenaries, you can be a mercenary too. Have at it.

I believe he is talking about Assad's chief allies, why have not only bombed Israel in the past, but also have promised to do it again.

While most of your posts are distortions of facts or are just plan wrong, I'd like to address one thing in particular, which is the Israeli war on Palestine. Israel has been taking land from the Palestinians for decades, as part of a conscious and intentional effort to expand it's borders by military force. Its identical to the US expansion west, where we slaughtered the Native Americans.
Where Palestinians still exist, their land has been taken from them. They are ruled by Jim Crow Laws, and they are segregated from Jews. Their children cannot be educated together. It's Apartheid in the Middle East.

Israel's total resistance to peace and enslavement of the Palestinians is why the Arabs hate the Jewish State. Al-Jazeera reports this stuff as it is, and daily, but CNN doesn't give a sh*t. If Israel wanted peace, they've never been closer to it. For the last two years Palestinians have been peacefully protesting and begging for help from the UN. The United States has blocked peace resolutions.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,