Conquer Club

Christian hate group put this through my door yesterday

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Christian hate group put this through my door yesterday

Postby hahaha3hahaha on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:39 am

chang50 wrote: So it's only those 'Christians' who see things differently to you that interpret the Bible (wrongly) because you have been soo blessed to know exactly what it all means,literally and figuratively. I Guess all the legions of theologians who have dedicated their lives to the subject must have mostly been wrong not being lucky enough to be as insightful as you.

This is a provocative comment with no actual basis. If you're trolling, like I presume you are, try harder.
If you're indeed serious, I apologise if that is the impression you have perceived from my comments. I in no way profess to "have all the answers".
Whilst some of the Bible has been contentious and no doubt a tad confusing for some over the correct interpretation/meaning, it generally is pretty straight forward.
For example, when I claim that confessing and being forgiven of sins by a man behind a screen in a booth is not biblical, I can back that up with scriptural evidence, and upon request of evidence that disputes this, get no real response. So by making this claim I'm not professing to be a genius, only to have an apt understanding of general scripture.
Cook hahaha3hahaha
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:30 pm
Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Christian hate group put this through my door yesterday

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:46 am

hahaha3hahaha wrote:
chang50 wrote: So it's only those 'Christians' who see things differently to you that interpret the Bible (wrongly) because you have been soo blessed to know exactly what it all means,literally and figuratively. I Guess all the legions of theologians who have dedicated their lives to the subject must have mostly been wrong not being lucky enough to be as insightful as you.

This is a provocative comment with no actual basis. If you're trolling, like I presume you are, try harder.
If you're indeed serious, I apologise if that is the impression you have perceived from my comments. I in no way profess to "have all the answers".
Whilst some of the Bible has been contentious and no doubt a tad confusing for some over the correct interpretation/meaning, it generally is pretty straight forward.
For example, when I claim that confessing and being forgiven of sins by a man behind a screen in a booth is not biblical, I can back that up with scriptural evidence, and upon request of evidence that disputes this, get no real response. So by making this claim I'm not professing to be a genius, only to have an apt understanding of general scripture.


To sum up - "The bible doesn't say a man behind a screen can forgive your sins, so it must not be right."

As chang puts it, hahaha ignores 2,000 years of history and theology, nevermind that the Bible is hardly consistent and provides for various "to dos" that I'm relatively certain hahaha doesn't actually do (to be fair, no one else does either). I tend to get these types of anti-Catholic arguments from Christians whose religions are allegedly based only on the Bible. Historically, these religions sprang up mostly for political reasons and the "man behind the screen" quip is an example of this type of thing. A religion based on a literal reading of the Bible cannot possibly exist.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6833
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Christian hate group put this through my door yesterday

Postby hahaha3hahaha on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:57 am

thegreekdog wrote:
hahaha3hahaha wrote:
chang50 wrote: So it's only those 'Christians' who see things differently to you that interpret the Bible (wrongly) because you have been soo blessed to know exactly what it all means,literally and figuratively. I Guess all the legions of theologians who have dedicated their lives to the subject must have mostly been wrong not being lucky enough to be as insightful as you.

This is a provocative comment with no actual basis. If you're trolling, like I presume you are, try harder.
If you're indeed serious, I apologise if that is the impression you have perceived from my comments. I in no way profess to "have all the answers".
Whilst some of the Bible has been contentious and no doubt a tad confusing for some over the correct interpretation/meaning, it generally is pretty straight forward.
For example, when I claim that confessing and being forgiven of sins by a man behind a screen in a booth is not biblical, I can back that up with scriptural evidence, and upon request of evidence that disputes this, get no real response. So by making this claim I'm not professing to be a genius, only to have an apt understanding of general scripture.


To sum up - "The bible doesn't say a man behind a screen can forgive your sins, so it must not be right."

As chang puts it, hahaha ignores 2,000 years of history and theology, nevermind that the Bible is hardly consistent and provides for various "to dos" that I'm relatively certain hahaha doesn't actually do (to be fair, no one else does either). I tend to get these types of anti-Catholic arguments from Christians whose religions are allegedly based only on the Bible. Historically, these religions sprang up mostly for political reasons and the "man behind the screen" quip is an example of this type of thing. A religion based on a literal reading of the Bible cannot possibly exist.


The early Roman church actually persecuted and slaughtered Christians, yet you are saying history should eb the basis of Christianity, not the Holy Scripture pertaining to Christ itself?
When Christ was on earth he made scathing claims against the pharisees of the church, the people who valued tradition and historical law over all else. He declared to them in Mark 7:8-9 “You abandon the commandments of God to follow human traditions.” He added, “You have no trouble rejecting the commandments of God in order to keep your own traditions!".
Secondly, catholicism was the first religion to be forged for political reasons, so I'm not sure if you should be throwing these remarks around about other denominations.
Cook hahaha3hahaha
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:30 pm
Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Christian hate group put this through my door yesterday

Postby chang50 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:58 am

hahaha3hahaha wrote:
chang50 wrote: So it's only those 'Christians' who see things differently to you that interpret the Bible (wrongly) because you have been soo blessed to know exactly what it all means,literally and figuratively. I Guess all the legions of theologians who have dedicated their lives to the subject must have mostly been wrong not being lucky enough to be as insightful as you.

This is a provocative comment with no actual basis. If you're trolling, like I presume you are, try harder.
If you're indeed serious, I apologise if that is the impression you have perceived from my comments. I in no way profess to "have all the answers".
Whilst some of the Bible has been contentious and no doubt a tad confusing for some over the correct interpretation/meaning, it generally is pretty straight forward.
For example, when I claim that confessing and being forgiven of sins by a man behind a screen in a booth is not biblical, I can back that up with scriptural evidence, and upon request of evidence that disputes this, get no real response. So by making this claim I'm not professing to be a genius, only to have an apt understanding of general scripture.


I'm not trolling.You just don't seem to see how claiming 'an apt understanding of scripture'.is anything but humble,considering the mountains of words devoted to it by thousands of 'experts',and the diversity of opinion thus produced.
User avatar
Captain chang50
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 am
Location: pattaya,thailand
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Christian hate group put this through my door yesterday

Postby hahaha3hahaha on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:05 am

chang50 wrote:
hahaha3hahaha wrote:
chang50 wrote: So it's only those 'Christians' who see things differently to you that interpret the Bible (wrongly) because you have been soo blessed to know exactly what it all means,literally and figuratively. I Guess all the legions of theologians who have dedicated their lives to the subject must have mostly been wrong not being lucky enough to be as insightful as you.

This is a provocative comment with no actual basis. If you're trolling, like I presume you are, try harder.
If you're indeed serious, I apologise if that is the impression you have perceived from my comments. I in no way profess to "have all the answers".
Whilst some of the Bible has been contentious and no doubt a tad confusing for some over the correct interpretation/meaning, it generally is pretty straight forward.
For example, when I claim that confessing and being forgiven of sins by a man behind a screen in a booth is not biblical, I can back that up with scriptural evidence, and upon request of evidence that disputes this, get no real response. So by making this claim I'm not professing to be a genius, only to have an apt understanding of general scripture.


I'm not trolling.You just don't seem to see how claiming 'an apt understanding of scripture'.is anything but humble,considering the mountains of words devoted to it by thousands of 'experts',and the diversity of opinion thus produced.


Then I do apologize, I did not mean to give off that impression. Again, as I've already stated, I do not pretend like I know all the answers, but there are certain undeniable truths found in Christ's teachings that are not "subject to interpretation"- and I believe these are the ones I have been stating, separate to my own opinions and interpretations.
At the moment you generalizing, and are being careful not to mention anything specific. Would you like to specify what matter you're referring to when you speak of diverse interpretations?
Cook hahaha3hahaha
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:30 pm
Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Christian hate group put this through my door yesterday

Postby chang50 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:14 am

hahaha3hahaha wrote:
chang50 wrote:
hahaha3hahaha wrote:
chang50 wrote: So it's only those 'Christians' who see things differently to you that interpret the Bible (wrongly) because you have been soo blessed to know exactly what it all means,literally and figuratively. I Guess all the legions of theologians who have dedicated their lives to the subject must have mostly been wrong not being lucky enough to be as insightful as you.

This is a provocative comment with no actual basis. If you're trolling, like I presume you are, try harder.
If you're indeed serious, I apologise if that is the impression you have perceived from my comments. I in no way profess to "have all the answers".
Whilst some of the Bible has been contentious and no doubt a tad confusing for some over the correct interpretation/meaning, it generally is pretty straight forward.
For example, when I claim that confessing and being forgiven of sins by a man behind a screen in a booth is not biblical, I can back that up with scriptural evidence, and upon request of evidence that disputes this, get no real response. So by making this claim I'm not professing to be a genius, only to have an apt understanding of general scripture.


I'm not trolling.You just don't seem to see how claiming 'an apt understanding of scripture'.is anything but humble,considering the mountains of words devoted to it by thousands of 'experts',and the diversity of opinion thus produced.


Then I do apologize, I did not mean to give off that impression. Again, as I've already stated, I do not pretend like I know all the answers, but there are certain undeniable truths found in Christ's teachings that are not "subject to interpretation"- and I believe these are the ones I have been stating, separate to my own opinions and interpretations.
At the moment you generalizing, and are being careful not to mention anything specific. Would you like to specify what matter you're referring to when you speak of diverse interpretations?


As an atheist I don't believe any of them,you could choose any doctrinal difference,the point is there are so many not the details of whether you consider them correct or not,and all as fiercely held as yours.
User avatar
Captain chang50
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 am
Location: pattaya,thailand
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Christian hate group put this through my door yesterday

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:22 am

hahaha3hahaha wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
hahaha3hahaha wrote:
chang50 wrote: So it's only those 'Christians' who see things differently to you that interpret the Bible (wrongly) because you have been soo blessed to know exactly what it all means,literally and figuratively. I Guess all the legions of theologians who have dedicated their lives to the subject must have mostly been wrong not being lucky enough to be as insightful as you.

This is a provocative comment with no actual basis. If you're trolling, like I presume you are, try harder.
If you're indeed serious, I apologise if that is the impression you have perceived from my comments. I in no way profess to "have all the answers".
Whilst some of the Bible has been contentious and no doubt a tad confusing for some over the correct interpretation/meaning, it generally is pretty straight forward.
For example, when I claim that confessing and being forgiven of sins by a man behind a screen in a booth is not biblical, I can back that up with scriptural evidence, and upon request of evidence that disputes this, get no real response. So by making this claim I'm not professing to be a genius, only to have an apt understanding of general scripture.


To sum up - "The bible doesn't say a man behind a screen can forgive your sins, so it must not be right."

As chang puts it, hahaha ignores 2,000 years of history and theology, nevermind that the Bible is hardly consistent and provides for various "to dos" that I'm relatively certain hahaha doesn't actually do (to be fair, no one else does either). I tend to get these types of anti-Catholic arguments from Christians whose religions are allegedly based only on the Bible. Historically, these religions sprang up mostly for political reasons and the "man behind the screen" quip is an example of this type of thing. A religion based on a literal reading of the Bible cannot possibly exist.


The early Roman church actually persecuted and slaughtered Christians, yet you are saying history should eb the basis of Christianity, not the Holy Scripture pertaining to Christ itself?
When Christ was on earth he made scathing claims against the pharisees of the church, the people who valued tradition and historical law over all else. He declared to them in Mark 7:8-9 “You abandon the commandments of God to follow human traditions.” He added, “You have no trouble rejecting the commandments of God in order to keep your own traditions!".
Secondly, catholicism was the first religion to be forged for political reasons, so I'm not sure if you should be throwing these remarks around about other denominations.


Right, right. Rock, church, and all that. I do not doubt that Catholicism is and has been politically motivated. It's an historic fact. But keep in mind that you started this.

Here are some simple questions for you to answer. If you do not abide by these rules, then you are also violating the tenets of the Bible.

(1) Have you ever worked on a Sunday? If so, were you killed (as required by Exodus)?
(2) Do you have any loans? Do you pay interest? See Leviticus.
(3) Do you do any of the following (as prohibited by Leviticus):
(a) Sow your field with more than one seed;
(b) Wear a cloth garment with two kinds of materials;
(c) Eat flesh with blood;
(d) Round off the hair on your temples;
(e) Have a tatoo;
(4) Have you participated in the stoning of adulterers? See Leviticus
(5) Have you had intercourse with a menstrating woman? If so, were you exiled? See Levicitus
(6) Do you tithe 1/10th of what you make to your religion?
(7) Do you allow non-Christians in your house?
(8) And the last one - do you humble yourself such that you grieve and cry? I kind of get that you don't given your username, so...
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6833
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Christian hate group put this through my door yesterday

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:28 am

thegreekdog wrote:(8) And the last one - do you humble yourself such that you grieve and cry? I kind of get that you don't given your username, so...

TGD, wins.


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
 
Posts: 24917
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby 2dimes on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:34 am

We've all stoned various sinners I hope, it's one of the things that separates us from other species.

If you're a pharisee like myself I hope you re-read a couple of the laws Greek. You can get a tattoo there is just restrictions regarding why.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class 2dimes
 
Posts: 7315
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: The forest or sitting on a bucket beside some water.
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)

Re:

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:50 am

2dimes wrote:We've all stoned various sinners I hope, it's one of the things that separates us from other species.

If you're a pharisee like myself I hope you re-read a couple of the laws Greek. You can get a tattoo there is just restrictions regarding why.


I put more faith in people that are smarter than me and came before me. If Francis of Assisi says the Bible says to get a tattoo, I'm going to trust him over a CC user or a religion that was formed in 1982.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6833
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby 2dimes on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:53 am

You could always get a tattoo even if you are circumcised. Just treat my posts like the bible it's self, ignore what I actually wrote.

Just consult with Frac about what I'm trying to say, what's his opinion on Avatars?
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class 2dimes
 
Posts: 7315
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: The forest or sitting on a bucket beside some water.
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)

Re: Christian hate group put this through my door yesterday

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:20 am

hahaha3hahaha wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
"What about the Genesis story?" Well, it's meant to be taken figuratively--not literally.



What gives you that impression? I'm interested to here your theory on why creation is figurative and not literal.


I'm not here to defend that argument; I'm simply explaining how Christians and particular sects aribtrarily behave by flipping between the literal and the figurative. It's a fact that it occurs, and that's the relevant point here. So,...

Do you take everything in the Bible literally?

Did God state that everything in the Bible must be taken literally?

And, how old is the Earth?
User avatar
Major BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 5151
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re:

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:43 am

2dimes wrote:You could always get a tattoo even if you are circumcised. Just treat my posts like the bible it's self, ignore what I actually wrote.

Just consult with Frac about what I'm trying to say, what's his opinion on Avatars?


He's pro Star Wars (thankfully).
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6833
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby 2dimes on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:53 am

Could I get a reference to the grieve and cry business, plox?
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class 2dimes
 
Posts: 7315
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: The forest or sitting on a bucket beside some water.
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)

Re:

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:02 pm

2dimes wrote:Could I get a reference to the grieve and cry business, plox?


http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/ ... cepts.html

James.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6833
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby 2dimes on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:53 pm

Ok James, thanks I guess. So you like to read a guy's website that explains how the bible is balogna, sexy. I might take a browse later.

For now though, could you narrow it down to anything close to answering my question? I'm ok if you won't, I foolishly thought you could.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class 2dimes
 
Posts: 7315
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: The forest or sitting on a bucket beside some water.
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)

Re:

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:31 pm

2dimes wrote:Ok James, thanks I guess. So you like to read a guy's website that explains how the bible is balogna, sexy. I might take a browse later.

For now though, could you narrow it down to anything close to answering my question? I'm ok if you won't, I foolishly thought you could.


What questions are you asking? I think I missed it. I thought you were being funny with the tattoo and pharisees references.

The crying reference is from James (i.e. James in the Bible).
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6833
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby 2dimes on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:34 pm

The tattoo statements do not seem funny on my end but thank you. The law regarding tattoos is quite specific. Sorry about giving you a hard time here but you are being held to a higher standard because of some posts you have made. If you were crummy at catholic apologetics I would have left you alone already. It's healthy for me to learn why you would be a member

I would like to read the part of the Bible about grieving and crying.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class 2dimes
 
Posts: 7315
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: The forest or sitting on a bucket beside some water.
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)

Re:

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:33 pm

2dimes wrote:The tattoo statements do not seem funny on my end but thank you. The law regarding tattoos is quite specific. Sorry about giving you a hard time here but you are being held to a higher standard because of some posts you have made. If you were crummy at catholic apologetics I would have left you alone already. It's healthy for me to learn why you would be a member

I would like to read the part of the Bible about grieving and crying.


I'm still not sure what you're driving at here. Are you taking umbrage with my being religious (and/or specifically Catholic)? Are you taking umbrage with my critique of hahaha3hahaha? Are you taking umbrage with my pointing out the inconsistencies in the Bible? Are you taking umbrage with my pointing out that people who allegedly only do what the Bible says don't actually only do what the Bible says?

Perhaps helpful chronology:
- Someone (chang/Lootifer) says the pope believes in evolution.
- I support the above in a post (because the pope and the Catholic church is supportive of evolution).
- hahaha3hahaha takes a shot at Catholics.
- I take a shot at hahaha3hahaha's religion.
- Thereafter we (hahaha3hahaha and I) engage in witty repartee.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6833
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby 2dimes on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:43 pm

I'm not taking umbrage, I'm trying to get you to direct me to the verse about "grieving and crying." I'm not letting up because I hope you can do it eventually.

I originally started corresponding with you in here because the Tattoo thing did not fit with the rest of your post to hahaha3hahaha. The law does not forbid tattoos there was just restrictions on why.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class 2dimes
 
Posts: 7315
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: The forest or sitting on a bucket beside some water.
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)

Re:

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:48 pm

2dimes wrote:I'm not taking umbrage, I'm trying to get you to direct me to the verse about "grieving and crying." I'm not letting up because I hope you can do it eventually.

I originally started corresponding with you in here because the Tattoo thing did not fit with the rest of your post to hahaha3hahaha. The law does not forbid tattoos there was just restrictions on why.


What law? Catholic canon? I'm not familiar enough with Catholic canon to determine whether a tattoo is permissible or not. I've never been interested in getting one.

The crying reference is, as follows, from James 4:7-10:

9. Be afflicated, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

It's from the King James Bible so not Catholic? Is that what you're getting at?

In related news, did you get what I'm trying to impart to hahaha3hahaha? I'm not entirely sure that you do (and that disturbs me a little).
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6833
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby 2dimes on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:08 pm

Thanks. Again I'm not getting at anything. I want to read it. You'd have to buy me a beverage to get me to talk about it.

It believe you're trying to impart James 2:10. Obviously we're not able to communicate though because text is subject to such extreme filters.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class 2dimes
 
Posts: 7315
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: The forest or sitting on a bucket beside some water.
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)

Postby 2dimes on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:09 pm

thegreekdog wrote:What law?

Levitical.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class 2dimes
 
Posts: 7315
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: The forest or sitting on a bucket beside some water.
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)

Re:

Postby rishaed on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:14 pm

2dimes wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:What law?

Levitical.

In which it states roughly paraphrased that in terms of grieving (as for the dead) you were not supposed to mark, cut, and (insert something else I can't remember) yourself because of the dead.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby 2dimes on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:19 pm

rishaed wrote:In which it states roughly paraphrased that in terms of grieving (as for the dead) you were not supposed to mark, cut, and (insert something else I can't remember) yourself because of the dead.

quentin wrote:Check out the big brain on Brad.

So yeah. You could get a tattoo just not an "In memory of dead person." one.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class 2dimes
 
Posts: 7315
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: The forest or sitting on a bucket beside some water.
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to New Name Pending

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Metsfanmax