Conquer Club

Wrestlemania

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Wrestlemania

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:18 pm

Hmmm... I hear lots of bitching about the matchups this year. I feel so seperated from the Universe... I am looking forward to Taker and Lesnar way too much. The 30 man BR will be great, lots of stars can get a WM paycheque. JC and the Wyatts feels like a very phony feud, but no worse than anything Cena does. Bryan walking away with the titles does seem predictable, but I can see some weird shit happening where they split the titles again. It will be a fun night, and since it is the cheapest WM in the history of ever, I don't mind if it isn't JCvsTheRock caliber.

show
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: Wrestlemania

Postby betiko on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:15 pm

I never understood wrestling. What makes the leagues decide who gets to win? Do they build scenarios for entire seasons?
Major betiko

Postby Jmac1026 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:23 pm

betiko wrote:I never understood wrestling. What makes the leagues decide who gets to win? Do they build scenarios for entire seasons?

Its basically a soap opera with big sweaty men in tight clothing. And they pound each other.
Private 1st Class Jmac1026

Postby betiko on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:47 pm

Jmac1026 wrote:
betiko wrote:I never understood wrestling. What makes the leagues decide who gets to win? Do they build scenarios for entire seasons?

Its basically a soap opera with big sweaty men in tight clothing. And they pound each other.

it doesn't answer my question. how do scenarists work? on a week by week basis? aren't the actors somehow able to raise more or less their popularity compared to the scenario expectations, which leads the scenarists to change the scripts?

basically if you enter the WWF, how can you become a star without relying 100% on scenarists to be nice with your character?
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:25 pm

betiko wrote:
Jmac1026 wrote:

it doesn't answer my question. how do scenarists work? on a week by week basis? aren't the actors somehow able to raise more or less their popularity compared to the scenario expectations, which leads the scenarists to change the scripts?

basically if you enter the WWF, how can you become a star without relying 100% on scenarists to be nice with your character?

Since the mid-90s, wrestlers have had to design their own characters more or less. WWE still decides on the branding of the character (things like shirts, videos, songs) but it is up to the person to sell their character to the audience. If the character gets an audience (i.e. people in the crowd with signs, internet followers) and has a good look, they can be given a push into championship stories.

Storyboards are usually written a few months in advance. If a wrestler quits or is injured, they are changed on the fly. The biggest problem with wrestling is continuity errors though. Rules from "the rulebook" come and go, characters who easily defeat monsters in a few weeks can't beat wimps, characters are totally remade etc.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:50 am

There is a brand new match just announced.

Marc Grossman is enacting his rematch clause against James F. Dobbins for the title of Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:11 am

What happens if an actor doesn t follow the storyline and challenges publicly someone he is not supposed to challenge?
Major betiko

Postby Symmetry on Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:18 am

betiko wrote:What happens if an actor doesn t follow the storyline and challenges publicly someone he is not supposed to challenge?

Their harness breaks during an entrance and they plunge to their death in front of a crowd of bellowing red-necks.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:18 am

Too soon?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:05 am

betiko wrote:What happens if an actor doesn t follow the storyline and challenges publicly someone he is not supposed to challenge?

Usually he/she gets fired (not publicly).
Once, he lost a championship in sketchy fashion and was fired (The Montreal Screwjob).
Once, said wrestler's brother (also a wrestler) falls from a harness and dies from a broken neck.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby thegreekdog on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:14 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Hmmm... I hear lots of bitching about the matchups this year. I feel so seperated from the Universe... I am looking forward to Taker and Lesnar way too much. The 30 man BR will be great, lots of stars can get a WM paycheque. JC and the Wyatts feels like a very phony feud, but no worse than anything Cena does. Bryan walking away with the titles does seem predictable, but I can see some weird shit happening where they split the titles again. It will be a fun night, and since it is the cheapest WM in the history of ever, I don't mind if it isn't JCvsTheRock caliber.

The Wyatts (specifically Bray Wyatt) are among the best to come along in a while (in my opinion).

Postby crispybits on Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:16 am

Is it this weekend?
Major crispybits

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:13 pm

Next weekned.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby thegreekdog on Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Symmetry wrote:Too soon?

Well, it happened in Kansas City, Missouri so I'm not sure how many rednecks were there. Maybe that's why the silence in respect to your post.

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:41 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Hmmm... I hear lots of bitching about the matchups this year. I feel so seperated from the Universe... I am looking forward to Taker and Lesnar way too much. The 30 man BR will be great, lots of stars can get a WM paycheque. JC and the Wyatts feels like a very phony feud, but no worse than anything Cena does. Bryan walking away with the titles does seem predictable, but I can see some weird shit happening where they split the titles again. It will be a fun night, and since it is the cheapest WM in the history of ever, I don't mind if it isn't JCvsTheRock caliber.

The Wyatts (specifically Bray Wyatt) are among the best to come along in a while (in my opinion).

Great character development. Interesting to watch. However, the "creepy and mysterious" thing has been overplayed to the point where the writing team just cops out and doesn't give them a reason for anything. So, the Bryan feud because... he had a beard? The Cena feud because... it will sell tickets? It's not like wrestling feuds are hard to write. They mostly use the same formulas from the 60s.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby thegreekdog on Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:58 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

Great character development. Interesting to watch. However, the "creepy and mysterious" thing has been overplayed to the point where the writing team just cops out and doesn't give them a reason for anything. So, the Bryan feud because... he had a beard? The Cena feud because... it will sell tickets? It's not like wrestling feuds are hard to write. They mostly use the same formulas from the 60s.

The Cena feud is stupid, but I think sometimes the WWE doesn't know what to do with guys like Bray Wyatt. They probably didn't think he'd go over that well.

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:18 pm

All depends on how well a person is in the ring, if they can perform the moves well enough, and how well they are on the mic. If they are garbage on the mic, and can't draw heat from the crowd (If they are a Heel (Aka bad) character), or get the amount of cheers a Face (Good) character should.

A lot depends on how well a person can sell their character. If they can't, they don't get the wins or matches.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Symmetry on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:32 am

thegreekdog wrote:

Well, it happened in Kansas City, Missouri so I'm not sure how many rednecks were there. Maybe that's why the silence in respect to your post.

If you're in the crowd at a Wrestlemania, you might be a redneck. (Apologies to Jeff Foxworthy)
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby betiko on Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:10 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

If you're in the crowd at a Wrestlemania, you might be a redneck. (Apologies to Jeff Foxworthy)

Major betiko

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:13 pm

Schwartzinegger looked tiny standing next to the hulkster
Major Phatscotty

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,