Conquer Club

Bowe Bergdahl - Charged with Desertion

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

President Obama's Exchanges 5 Hardcore Terrorists for American Traitor/Deserter held by Taliban...

 
Total votes : 0

Bowe Bergdahl - Charged with Desertion

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:20 am

Image

It's believed 6 to 8 US soldiers were killed trying to find Bergdahl the deserter

It's also a possibility Bergdahl fed the Taliban information that got a lot of other US soldiers killed. In the months after he deserted, the accuracy and amount of attacks against US soldiers in Afghanistan drastically increased.

Here's one of Bergdahl's fellow platoon members who served with him (not Fox news, so you know it isn't lies)


And here is 6 more of Bergdahl's fellow platton members (FOX news, so everyone is probably lying)


This deserter who walked off his base in Afghanistan, that we returned 5 hardcore terrorists to the battlefield says, in his own words...

'I Am Ashamed to Be an American'

and

The horror that is America is disgusting

It's also a huge issue in America because Obama broke the law by making this prisoner exchange without consulting Congress, which is a clear law on our books (actually Democrats proposed it and passed it so it's not FOX news) Obama says he couldn't tell Congress/follow the law because the deserter/traitor/Muslim convert/self proclaimed soldier of Allah was 'in bad health'

Not FOX news (so you know it isn't a lie!) This isn't a Republican thing. Many Democrats feel the same way.


A lot of Americans have a problem with this because the 5 terrorists we traded for Bergdahl are MAJOR terrorists, one of them is responsible for killing over 2,000 people, a couple of the others were personal friends with osama bin laden. Here's a video of Bergdahl's father who speaks fluent Arabic and like to grow beards like the Taliban. Check out Obama's smile when mr. Bergdahl gives the Muslim battle cry for Allah.

Last edited by Phatscotty on Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:27 am

9 members from Bergdahl's platoon have spoken out, and THEY ALL TELL THE SAME STORY.

OF COURSE Obama thinks Bergdahl is a hero. Confirms everything I have been saying for the last 6 years. Just like I told ya, once Obama doesn't need to worry about getting re-elected, then and only then will we see the REAL Obama. HERE HE IS!
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby Gillipig on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:28 am

Include a link you lazy sob, a picture doesn't actually say a thousand words.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3565
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:41 am

Gillipig wrote:Include a link you lazy sob, a picture doesn't actually say a thousand words.


Sorry, I forgot about the people who live under a rock. You are just as lazy, since you could have got your own link even quicker than the time it took you to write 'lazy slob'.

PLENTY of links to come! Be patient!
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby Gillipig on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:58 am

Phatscotty wrote:
Gillipig wrote:Include a link you lazy sob, a picture doesn't actually say a thousand words.


Sorry, I forgot about the people who live under a rock. You are just as lazy, since you could have got your own link even quicker than the time it took you to write 'lazy slob'.

PLENTY of links to come! Be patient!

I'm not the thread owner, I can be however lazy I like, the thread owner is supposed to put in some effort into his own thread however.
And also, why is it such big news who the U.S is ransoming for who? I doubt most americans care and people who live outside of America definitely doesn't care. For you to be accurate in the living under a rock comparison this would have to be as big a news as the Mars landing or something similar, which it clearly is not.
Last edited by Gillipig on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3565
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby betiko on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:59 am

we have no idea of what you're talking about because your country isn't the center of the universe scotty. we are already nice enough to click on your link, we ain't googleing shit.

Do you know who Mehdi Nemmouche is? if not, you are living under a rock.
Image
User avatar
Major betiko
 
Posts: 10914
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
22

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby notyou2 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:06 am

Pierre Poutine?



Nah, didn't think so.....


He's HUGE in Canada.

Bet you Saxi knows, he educates hisself.
Image
User avatar
Captain notyou2
 
Posts: 6447
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: In the here and now

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby patches70 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:17 am

Gillipig wrote: and people who live outside of America definitely don't care.


That all depends on who you ask, don't ya think?

Like the Afghans certainly care. They are pretty pissed since they are the one's who will have to deal with the real consequences of this. And the trade was done without their knowledge and what not.

So to say anyone outside the USA "definitely don't care" is a bit presumptuous, eh?

For my part, I'm not really "outraged" or anything. I can only shake my head at Obama's continued gaffes. I'm not sure if he's the one who is making these mistakes or if it's his piss poor advisers. Maybe a bit of both I guess. Or maybe he listens to the wrong advisers.

As for Bergdahl himself, meh. Some call him a traitor, or a deserter or whatever and want hims punished. Hell, the guy just spent 5 years stuck with the Taliban. Seems punishment enough. Though, I bet the Taliban treated him better than the North Vietnamese treated our POWs. And probably better than we treat "POWs" in Gitmo.

When it comes right down to it, I don't think any charges of desertion would stick in the case of Bergdahl. I think the most he could possibly be charged with would be AWOL but why? He's been through enough I suppose. But I don't know the whole story, I'd as soon as just let the guy live the rest of his life in quiet.

The administration on the other hand, they deserve all the flak they are getting and going to get. Hell, he broke the law sure as shit, a law Obama himself signed into being. If the government doesn't have to follow it's own laws, then why should any of the rest of us?

But just the surprise the administration got when the American populace didn't react like expected, well that's priceless. When it comes right down to it, Obama just isn't very good at being President. That's not a very big deal though, we've had Presidents before that weren't very good at the job and there will be others in the future who aren't so good at the job either.


I chuckle at their ineptitude.
Private patches70
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:32 am

User avatar
Private 1st Class 2dimes
 
Posts: 11052
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Unable to sync with satellites.

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:51 am

Gillipig wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Gillipig wrote:Include a link you lazy sob, a picture doesn't actually say a thousand words.


Sorry, I forgot about the people who live under a rock. You are just as lazy, since you could have got your own link even quicker than the time it took you to write 'lazy slob'.

PLENTY of links to come! Be patient!

I'm not the thread owner, I can be however lazy I like, the thread owner is supposed to put in some effort into his own thread however.


You are right. I am sorry. Here's what happened.


President Obama Exchanged 5 Hardcore Terrorists for an American Traitor/Deserter held by the Taliban.
So now go ahead and read the first thing you see in this thread.
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:58 am

betiko wrote:we have no idea of what you're talking about because your country isn't the center of the universe scotty. we are already nice enough to click on your link, we ain't googleing shit.

Do you know who Mehdi Nemmouche is? if not, you are living under a rock.


I apologize to you too Betiko. Especially you!

Here's what happened.
President Obama's Exchanged 5 Hardcore Terrorists for an American Traitor/Deserter (Bergdahl) held by the Taliban. But yes this is mostly an American issue and looking mostly for American's opinions.

addendum: The Taliban are a group of radical Islamists that controlled Afghanistan up until USA invaded in 2001 and kicked them out. The Taliban are the group that blew up the thousands year old statue of Buddha. The Taliban also harbored Osama Bin Laden. Only 3-4 countries in the world recognized them as a legitimate government though, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and United Arab Emirates, maybe Yemen too.

Image
Last edited by Phatscotty on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:07 am

Gillipig wrote:And also, why is it such big news who the U.S is ransoming for who? I doubt most americans care and people who live outside of America definitely doesn't care. For you to be accurate in the living under a rock comparison this would have to be as big a news as the Mars landing or something similar, which it clearly is not.


Because Obama negotiated with terrorists, and now terrorists are going to put a lot more effort into kidnapping white people and Obama gave the terrorists a great propaganda tool, probably more effective than Abu-Gahraib.

About living under a rock, I only said that to you cuz you called me a lazy slob :D

It's huge news here in America and certainly all over the Arab world, pretty much most of the world. It probably is in your news albeit probably not on the front page. Here it's so big it even bumped the VA scandal to the back burner. So, the VA scandal was huge news because American veterans who are first in line for health care have been put on waiting lists (up to 18 months) just to get an appointment with a doctor, and hundreds if not thousands of veterans have died over the last decade or so (basically a death panel) and it's been getting worse and worse and now it's out of control. Americans are finding out our government cannot even take care of our veterans when it comes to health care; so we aren't exactly pumped out Obamacare either. FYI Obamacare is a health insurance program that Obama says will make sure everyone is insured in America whether they have it or not, so now everyone can get on the waiting list because we don't have nearly enough doctors. We can't even hardly take care of out vets who deserve it the most without a doubt.
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:26 am

moved to OP
Last edited by Phatscotty on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby patches70 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:39 am

Phatscotty wrote:
Because Obama negotiated with terrorists,


With all due respect, sir, there are plenty of things to be riled up about with this deal Obama made but this is not one of them.

When a guy goes into a bank to rob it and the cops show up before he can leave and the robber takes hostages, what is the first thing the cops do?
They call in a negotiator.

Did not the US negotiate with the Chinese who held our POWs, who tortured and brainwashed those POWs, during the Korean war?

Did not the US negotiate with with the North Vietnamese and the Viet Cong who killed some 3,000 civilians during the Tet Offensive?

Did not Carter negotiate with the Ayatollah on behalf of our embassy hostages?

Did not Reagan send TOW missiles to Iran in exchange for our hostages to be released in Lebanon?


Yes, we negotiate with terrorists. We've negotiated with the Taliban for years. We've negotiated with the Syrian rebels, who are certainly terrorists. And since "terrorist" is a subjective term, that further muddies the waters.

Was not Yasser Arafat once labeled a terrorist?

Was not Menachem Begin once labeled a terrorist?

Was not Nelson Mandela once labeled a terrorist?

All three of those men have another thing in common. All three have won the Nobel Peace Prize.


Just sayin', man. This "we don't negotiate with terrorist" nonsense is just that. Nonsense.
Private patches70
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby notyou2 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:46 am

Phatty, you obviously value 5 Taliban above one American. You some kind of traitor?
Image
User avatar
Captain notyou2
 
Posts: 6447
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: In the here and now

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:50 am

Phatscotty wrote:It's huge news here in America and certainly all over the Arab world, pretty much most of the world.

FYI to all non-Americans. By huge news, PS really means, hm, I'll illustrate with the following:
Image Image


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
 
Posts: 24919
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:52 am

Well that escalated quickly.
User avatar
Private 1st Class 2dimes
 
Posts: 11052
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Unable to sync with satellites.

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:56 am

patches70 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Because Obama negotiated with terrorists,


With all due respect, sir, there are plenty of things to be riled up about with this deal Obama made but this is not one of them.

When a guy goes into a bank to rob it and the cops show up before he can leave and the robber takes hostages, what is the first thing the cops do?
They call in a negotiator.

Did not the US negotiate with the Chinese who held our POWs, who tortured and brainwashed those POWs, during the Korean war?

Did not the US negotiate with with the North Vietnamese and the Viet Cong who killed some 3,000 civilians during the Tet Offensive?

Did not Carter negotiate with the Ayatollah on behalf of our embassy hostages?

Did not Reagan send TOW missiles to Iran in exchange for our hostages to be released in Lebanon?


Yes, we negotiate with terrorists. We've negotiated with the Taliban for years. We've negotiated with the Syrian rebels, who are certainly terrorists. And since "terrorist" is a subjective term, that further muddies the waters.

Was not Yasser Arafat once labeled a terrorist?

Was not Menachem Begin once labeled a terrorist?

Was not Nelson Mandela once labeled a terrorist?

All three of those men have another thing in common. All three have won the Nobel Peace Prize.


Just sayin', man. This "we don't negotiate with terrorist" nonsense is just that. Nonsense.


Sure we have before, and we did again. It's a fair point, but the bottom line is the value of kidnapping an American just skyrocketed.
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:01 am

In short, and without Phat Scotty's own bigoted views, the guy went AWOL (was a loner throughout his military career which raises flags on its own) and had been a prisoner of the Taliban for years. In order to release him, Obama and his closest advisors/supporters sent off 5 highly dangerous terrorists from Gitmo to trade for him (why they didn't do this years ago or didn't mount a rescue op instead of letting 5 dangerous terrorists go, I doubt we'll ever know). Obama also went over the Senate's heads with this (he's supposed to run it by them before actually doing things like this).

Most likely, he'll be questioned for whatever information they can get on the Taliban cells he was transferred between, medically and psychologically examined, and most likely court martialed for going AWOL which led to the deaths of 6 soldiers who were out searching for him.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous


What, you expected something deep or flashy?
User avatar
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy
 
Posts: 12727
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 11:20 am
Location: Back in Black

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:11 pm

I'm okay with Obama negotiating with the Taliban. The Taliban are obviously not a state but it's reductive to call them terrorists. They're somewhere in the middle. In the U.S. Civil War the Confederacy was not recognized by the U.S. as a state, but it also wasn't considered a terrorist outfit. The U.S. conducted prisoner exchanges with the CSA army despite not recognizing the CSA government.

I also have no issue with Obama bypassing the 30-day notification law because it does seem to be an unconstitutional exercise of congressional authority in restraining the executive's supremacy over the armed forces.

    Despite that, this does underscore the hypocrisy of Obama on numerous points, among them: (1) the U.S. government can't continue to call the Taliban terrorists and yet it most certainly will, (2) Obama can no longer seriously claim [but he will and his supporters won't blink] he can't fulfill his campaign promise to close Gitmo because of Congress, as he's just established he can release or transfer any prisoner whenever he wants.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 8344
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby patches70 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:17 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote: Obama also went over the Senate's heads with this (he's supposed to run it by them before actually doing things like this).



It's not just that Obama "went over the Senate's head", Obama flat out broke the law. What he did was illegal and there is absolutely no way of getting around that particular.

So, is it ok for the President of the United States to break the law?
If not, then what should happen?
If so, then if the President doesn't have to obey laws, why should anyone else?


I'm just asking here is all. I know the President won't have to face any consequences for breaking the law.


As for the five "dangerous terrorists", if they are so dangerous then why haven't they been prosecuted and punished?

As for Bergdahl, the issue is now whether or not he deserted, defected and/or collaborated with the enemy. I do not know, but it should be investigated.
For if it is not investigated or even worse it is shown proven true and Bergdahl avoids all punishment, then it deals a blow to military morale and shows an even wider gulf between the CIC and the military.
It tells our enemies that though the US has the majority of military power in the world, she has a soft heart. It emboldens our enemies.


Anyway, it's a huge mess for the administration. How the administration could have gotten itself into such a mess is mind boggling. There is no excuse. The fact that Susan Rice, who had almost no credibility after the Benghazi debacle, relinquishes what credibility she had left when she appeared early on saying Bergdahl served "with honor and distinction".
There is absolutely no way that the Pentagon didn't have some idea of the circumstances of Bergdahl's leaving his post and how those circumstances are directly opposite of Rice's comments.
Are we to believe that the administration was unaware of this information? Even though a full expose on Bergdahl was published in Rolling Stone magazine back in 2012 which outlined all these issues along with the published content of damaging e-mails he sent?
Puh-leaze.

Either the administration seriously misjudged the obvious fallout or they simply don't listen or consider information that contradicts what they wish things to appear as. So the administration is either completely inept or Machiavellian.

It would be comical if it weren't so cringe worthy.

But Obama will get away with it by simply pleading ignorance and everyone will give him yet another pass.

f*ck it, if we were going to trade Gitmo prisoners for Bergdahl we should have just traded all of them for the guy. Then we wouldn't have to maintain it anymore and hopefully, if what is said about the detainees there is true, then when we encounter them again on the battlefield we'll do the right thing and just execute them on the spot.
We fucked up taking them prisoner in the first place. If they are in fact as dangerous as it's said they are.
Private patches70
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby patches70 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:21 pm

saxitoxin wrote:I'm okay with Obama negotiating with the Taliban. The Taliban are obviously not a state but it's reductive to call them terrorists. They're somewhere in the middle. In the U.S. Civil War the Confederacy was not recognized by the U.S. as a state, but it also wasn't considered a terrorist outfit. The U.S. conducted prisoner exchanges with the CSA army despite not recognizing the CSA government.

I also have no issue with Obama bypassing the 30-day notification law because it does seem to be an unconstitutional exercise of congressional authority in restraining the executive's supremacy over the armed forces.

    Despite that, this does underscore the hypocrisy of Obama on numerous points, among them: (1) the U.S. government can't continue to call the Taliban terrorists and yet it most certainly will, (2) Obama can no longer seriously claim [but he will and his supporters won't blink] he can't fulfill his campaign promise to close Gitmo because of Congress, as he's just established he can release or transfer any prisoner whenever he wants.


Hey, I think Susan Rice should get a massive award, something, because that woman takes political bullet after political bullet for the President. And she does it all with a straight face.

She is an amazing asset for any incompetent President.
Private patches70
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:03 pm

patches70 wrote:As for Bergdahl, the issue is now whether or not he deserted, defected and/or collaborated with the enemy. I do not know, but it should be investigated.
For if it is not investigated or even worse it is shown proven true and Bergdahl avoids all punishment, then it deals a blow to military morale and shows an even wider gulf between the CIC and the military.

I do wonder if there is more to it than meets the eye. A "Spy Who Came In From The Cold" subplot, if you know what I mean. If the guy deliberately set himself up as a deserter in order to infiltrate the enemy.

I'm not saying that's what it is, but it certainly presents itself as a possibility.

Or the opposite: that one of the "five dangerous terrorists" is an intelligence agent, and they're hoping there's safety in numbers, and they can slip him back to the Taliban, who may suspect such a move but will have no way to know which of the five it might be.

As incompetent as Obama is, I really doubt if could make a blunder this big by accident. I suspect in some way this is an intentional move in a game that we don't know about.
Image
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 24443
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
22

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:26 pm

Don't be fooled by the bootlickers and goose-steppers trying to frame a false narrative. I have not heard ONE SINGLE PERSON say that Bergdahl should have been left behind or that America should not have brought Bergdahl home. That is not the issue at all.

I for one am GLAD Bergdahl is coming home; so he can answer for his crimes and the blood on his hands and punished accordingly, and the families who lost their sons and daughters looking for this deserter can have peace and justice, and Bergdahl can meet the fate that always has and always will be specially reserved for deserters and traitors.
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:31 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:In short, and without Phat Scotty's own bigoted views, the guy went AWOL (was a loner throughout his military career which raises flags on its own) and had been a prisoner of the Taliban for years. In order to release him, Obama and his closest advisors/supporters sent off 5 highly dangerous terrorists from Gitmo to trade for him (why they didn't do this years ago or didn't mount a rescue op instead of letting 5 dangerous terrorists go, I doubt we'll ever know). Obama also went over the Senate's heads with this (he's supposed to run it by them before actually doing things like this).

Most likely, he'll be questioned for whatever information they can get on the Taliban cells he was transferred between, medically and psychologically examined, and most likely court martialed for going AWOL which led to the deaths of 6 soldiers who were out searching for him.


Hey, we agree! Except for the bigot part. That's just something you have keep repeating because you have no other way to cope with the facts.
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm

Next

Return to The Recovery Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users