Conquer Club

super bowl Commercial.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

super bowl Commercial.

Postby targetman377 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:50 pm

So what your favorite super bowl commercial??
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Re: super bowl Commercial.

Postby DaGip on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:47 pm

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/video ... ommercial/

Walter White...there wasn't much that impressed me. The Walter White commercial was the one that intrigued me the most, and then the Victoria Secret commercial (thumbs up for boobies!)

I was most disappointed with Go Daddy...I expected more titts!
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby warmonger1981 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:02 am

Commercials sucked. Half time show sucked. Seattle blew it. Total dissatisfaction.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby 2dimes on Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:13 am

I liked the Carl's Jr. Ad. Not only a hot model eating a burger excellent use of Stranglehold!

This one is fun too.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby targetman377 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:08 am

i will say that one where they had a kid then said he was dead... i was like wtf...
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby betiko on Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:10 pm

so who was playing the superbowl and who won it anyways?
Major betiko

Postby Sackett58 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:38 pm

Love those Snicker commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RasdnWfPC_E
2010-04-24 18:51:35 - MrMoody: OMG I'm in a game with stunna, what is up with this?
Major Sackett58

Postby targetman377 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:43 pm

betiko wrote:so who was playing the superbowl and who won it anyways?

patriots and seahawks patriots won.
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby targetman377 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:43 pm

Sackett58 wrote:Love those Snicker commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RasdnWfPC_E

i did enjoy that commerical with marsha that was a good one.
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:24 pm

2dimes wrote:I liked the Carl's Jr. Ad. Not only a hot model eating a burger excellent use of Stranglehold!

This one is fun too.

Clash of Clans Neeson was my favorite.

As a parent, I did not enjoy the Nationwide commercial and will absolutely never purchase any of their products.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Endgame422 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:34 pm

thegreekdog wrote:

As a parent, I did not enjoy the Nationwide commercial and will absolutely never purchase any of their products.

Interesting.
I saw the commercial but I'm afraid i dont really see what the big deal is.
Your not the first person to have such a negative reaction that i have seen though so perhaps would you explain?
Before it comes up no i have no children and im not a nationwide customer.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:37 pm

Endgame422 wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

Interesting.
I saw the commercial but I'm afraid i dont really see what the big deal is.
Your not the first person to have such a negative reaction that i have seen though so perhaps would you explain?
Before it comes up no i have no children and im not a nationwide customer.

It appeared to me that the commercial was saying "Your kids could die from lots of things, so buy insurance from us." This is offensive to me. To put it in perspective, I would have had a similar thought as you before having children. To use another example, four years ago I would have watched the Dove commercial about dads and been like "meh." Now, I cry like a little girl.

Postby Endgame422 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:45 pm

Huh.
That cleared nothing up for me.
I get that you care about your children more than anything and that commercials play to that very common ideal.(your dove example)
What i am missing is how its offensive.
I mean they are appealing to your fear but that's kinda the whole point of insurance right?
In case something terrible happens?
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:47 pm

Endgame422 wrote:Huh.
I get that you care about your children more than anything and that commercials play to that very common ideal.(your dove example)
I mean they are appealing to your fear but that's kinda the whole point of insurance right?

In case something terrible happens... to someone's kids. That's not something people like to contemplate, especially when watching the Super Bowl with his children. I'm trying to think of an appropriate analogy.

Postby Endgame422 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:54 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Endgame422 wrote:Huh.

In case something terrible happens... to someone's kids. That's not something people like to contemplate, especially when watching the Super Bowl with his children. I'm trying to think of an appropriate analogy.

I appreciate the time.
And for sure its a downer even if you have no children of your own.
I mean no-one likes dead kids.
But insurance basically says well you wouldn't want to have a tragedy that rips your world apart AND puts you in the poor house.
Is it just that they shoved it in your face?(and your kids faces i imagine)
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:05 pm

The commercial appears to indicate that I should purchase life insurance on my children. That was not the stated purpose of the commercial:

"Preventable injuries around the home are the leading cause of childhood deaths in America. Most people don't know that. Nationwide ran an ad during the Super Bowl that started a fierce conversation. The sole purpose of this message was to start a conversation, not sell insurance."

"We want to build awareness of an issue that is near and dear to all of us — the safety and well being of our children. We knew the ad would spur a variety of reactions. In fact, thousands of people visited MakeSafeHappen.com, a new website to help educate parents and caregivers with information and resources in an effort to make their homes safer and avoid a potential injury or death. Nationwide has been working with experts for more than 60 years to make homes safer. While some did not care for the ad, we hope it served to begin a dialogue to make safe happen for children everywhere."

First of all, I am well aware of the dangers posed by various things in my house. Without getting into details, the house is as safe as we can make it (to use examples from the advertisement: when we give our kids baths, one of us are with them at all times; all our televisions are attached to the walls; the place where we keep chemicals (and pharmaceuticals) are locked up).

Second of all, I question the purpose of the commercial. Commercials are not created and aired for the Super Bowl to "build awareness of an issue" when the issue is not going to sell for the company. If the purpose of the commercial was not to sell a product, shareholders of Nationwide should be upset at the waste of money. If the purpose of the commerical was to sell a product, it was done tastelessly (in my opinion - some people, I've heard, appreciated the commercial).

Postby Endgame422 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:27 pm

Ill agree it was not very tasteful.
I was under the impression they were selling life insurance for children,so they definetly did not do a great job from a television advertising standpoint.
Once i visited the website it became clear that they are trying to generate some good will and avoid looking like a giant scummy insurance corporation(lol) by saying they care more about your children than the bottom line.
That is basically what they have been trying to say for a while with their ads, and is pretty much standard for insurance companies
Nationwide is on your side
Like a good neighbor
You can rely on us
This particular commercial did it badly but so long as they pretend its all about promoting child safety they have a free pass plus lots of exposure for the controversy.
I gotta say points to whoever thought this diabolical scheme up and it will be interesting to see how it effects nationwides sales.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:30 pm

Endgame422 wrote:Ill agree it was not very tasteful.
I was under the impression they were selling life insurance for children,so they definetly did not do a great job from a television advertising standpoint.
Once i visited the website it became clear that they are trying to generate some good will and avoid looking like a giant scummy insurance corporation(lol) by saying they care more about your children than the bottom line.
That is basically what they have been trying to say for a while with their ads, and is pretty much standard for insurance companies
Nationwide is on your side
Like a good neighbor
You can rely on us
This particular commercial did it badly but so long as they pretend its all about promoting child safety they have a free pass plus lots of exposure for the controversy.
I gotta say points to whoever thought this diabolical scheme up and it will be interesting to see how it effects nationwides sales.

Admittedly, I do not know much about the insurance business. I do hold life, home, health, and auto insurances. As far as I can tell, there is not much to differentiate different companies, other than cost. So an advertisement that I find tasteless will ensure that I will not look at Nationwide favorably.

Postby Sackett58 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:44 am

Amongst those in my household who watched the game and that particular commercial found it to be a total "Debbie Downer".
2010-04-24 18:51:35 - MrMoody: OMG I'm in a game with stunna, what is up with this?
Major Sackett58

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,