Conquer Club

Motor racing

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Motor racing

Postby Electricksabers on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:36 pm

Not technically motor racing, but it seems like a lot of us watch top gear, so I thought i would post this.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31828184

Clarkson is accused of punching a producer of the show and is suspended pending investigation. Next 2 episodes are cancelled and most like the season finale. If he actually punched someone, he will probably get fired and about 20 minutes later get hired by another tv channel to do a car show.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Electricksabers

Postby KoolBak on Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:16 pm

NO!! :evil: He appears to not be worried.....come on BBC.....that show is a national treasure!!!!
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:06 pm

holy shit... He is just the best TV host of the best TV program ever! That is just dramatic if it's true. Just fire the producer for receiving a punch from jeremy ffs!

Ps: lol so jeremy went to stamford bridge last night. Hilarious! Hope his butt isn t too soar after he saw what paris did to his team!
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:05 pm

So even if I thought ferrari would have a good car this year.. I was really not expecting them to beat mercedes fair and square like today.. Pretty impressive. Looks like with the new team manager they are at last able to be performant in terms of in-race strategy, because they were a real joke with dominicalli.
Sergio perez that freaking mexican keeps being such an ass on the track, i m tired of all his bs stunts and to see him crash into someone i like and ruin his race.
Mclaren are just pathetic.
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:14 pm

betiko wrote:So even if I thought ferrari would have a good car this year.. I was really not expecting them to beat mercedes fair and square like today.. Pretty impressive. Looks like with the new team manager they are at last able to be performant in terms of in-race strategy, because they were a real joke with dominicalli.
Sergio perez that freaking mexican keeps being such an ass on the track, i m tired of all his bs stunts and to see him crash into someone i like and ruin his race.

You fucking racist. It's not Sergio Perez but the Venezuelan guy, Maldonado I think, who is the dick.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:47 pm

nietzsche wrote:
betiko wrote:So even if I thought ferrari would have a good car this year.. I was really not expecting them to beat mercedes fair and square like today.. Pretty impressive. Looks like with the new team manager they are at last able to be performant in terms of in-race strategy, because they were a real joke with dominicalli.

You fucking racist. It's not Sergio Perez but the Venezuelan guy, Maldonado I think, who is the dick.

No. Perez is the huge douche. The amount of accidents he causes per season is pretty impressive. I hate this guy.
Oh and you are the racist, i say that someone sucks so imediately you think he s got to be latin american lol
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:49 pm

betiko wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

No. Perez is the huge douche. The amount of accidents he causes per season is pretty impressive. I hate this guy.
Oh and you are the racist, i say that someone sucks so imediately you think he s got to be latin american lol

I don't know much about racing but on ESPN they were saying last year that Maldonado was the dick, always causing dangerous accidents. Including one that made Sergio Perez abandon a race last year.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Electricksabers on Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:22 pm

Pastor Maldonado's nickname is Crashtor. he wrecks everybody.

great job by Vettel and Ferrari

Some issues for Merc, mis-communication on tire choice and at one point Hamilton said he wasn't sure what he was supposed to be doing. Trying to catch Vettel would have been a good suggestion

Max Verstappen sets the record for youngest driver to record points breaking Vettel record from a few years ago. He's looked better than I expected might be a future star in the making.

Red bull screwed up their brakes, blamed their issues on engine supplier Renault and both cars got beat by their junior team who use the same Renault engines.

I think this is where honda got their engines (i'm sure they will figure it out, lots of racing history there)

show

Alonso had a bad day

show
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Electricksabers

Postby IcePack on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:50 pm

KoolBak wrote:Tail...I remember now ;o)

Ice..Sweet....I wish there was a track near me....too bad about the winner on Daytona (cant stand that kid :lol: ) but it was a good race...had plans to meet a buddy I met here at CC (with whom I became very good RL friends) at a race and party but he was tragically killed a couple years ago (RIP Buck :( ) and have never made plans again...none of my friends are into racing at all....lol.

Beti- Passat is bigger than the Jetta http://www.differencebetween.net/object/auto-object/difference-between-jetta-and-passat/

NHRA is the national Drag Racing governing body.....speaking of drags (which I love....go figger)....a buddy is totally into that and has a blown alcohol 69 nova an a couple rails....took me for a ride in the nova once (1,500 horsepower)....when he finally stood on it for like 3 seconds, I honestly thot the world had come to an end or that there had been some catastrophy...I remember about a second of those 3...f*ck ME RUNNING....the most horrendous sound / sensation I have ever been thru.....so cool :lol:

I simply can't imagine the top fuelers with 3,000 HP....

Oh, and Larry Spiderman McBride (fastest motorcycle in the universe) had a KoolBak sticker on his fairing for 2 seasons :D

Well if you ever find yourself @ the march nascarvegas race look me up!

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:14 am

shaneback wrote:Pastor Maldonado's nickname is Crashtor. he wrecks everybody.

great job by Vettel and Ferrari

Some issues for Merc, mis-communication on tire choice and at one point Hamilton said he wasn't sure what he was supposed to be doing. Trying to catch Vettel would have been a good suggestion

Max Verstappen sets the record for youngest driver to record points breaking Vettel record from a few years ago. He's looked better than I expected might be a future star in the making.

Red bull screwed up their brakes, blamed their issues on engine supplier Renault and both cars got beat by their junior team who use the same Renault engines.

I think this is where honda got their engines (i'm sure they will figure it out, lots of racing history there)

show

Alonso had a bad day

show

I just think that ferrari had a much better strategy than mercedes, mostly when the safety car came out (which helped raikkonen a lot after he had to go for an early stop after---humm verstapen was it?--pinched his tire). From then on, Hamilton was fightiing with much more used tires at the end of his relays.
And as you know, in modern F1, depending on their pace and the state of the car, they go for the most reasonable solution. They can't afford agressive laps one after the other as that would make them lose time in the long run by over using their tires. So if Lewis asks what's he's supposed to do... He's asking the ingeneers if it's worth pushing the car a few laps to catch up vettel or if it's a lost cause depending on his strategy and his tire degradation. F1 has become all about pragmatism.
Major betiko

Postby rockfist on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:31 pm

Just watched the race.

The Ferrari is less harsh on the tyres than Mercedes. I think mercedes will be better at most tracks this year as it will be cooler and they are less abrasive.

McLaren will be ok by Spain. Car has potential, which is better than a lot of recent years where it peaks too early.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby betiko on Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:55 am

rockfist wrote:Just watched the race.

The Ferrari is less harsh on the tyres than Mercedes. I think mercedes will be better at most tracks this year as it will be cooler and they are less abrasive.

McLaren will be ok by Spain. Car has potential, which is better than a lot of recent years where it peaks too early.

yes it is true, the ferraris seem to deal better with the tires. I remember the 2013 season where mercedes had a quite good car but they were performant for just 4-5 laps, making it to the pole position often but always caught back by red bull during the race because of their race.

i don't know where you see potential on the mclaren... they are too far behind. I don't expect them to be athe level of toro rosso, lotus or sauber by spain.
Major betiko

Postby Electricksabers on Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:22 am

betiko wrote:
shaneback wrote:I used to watch nascar quite a bit, but the races are several hours and they have like 36 races a year. so the time commitment is much more than f1, so I have basically stopped watching nascar.

I am hoping that Haas F1 is successful and maybe wins some races. It would be nice to have a local team to root for. looks like they are going to use Ferrari's engines.

Isn't that the car that Clarkson drive inside the BBC building a couple season ago on Top Gear?

I didn't really catch that... they bought back marussia?
no chance for this team mate. If they start from scratch, no way they will ever win a race or make any points. That will be a too long process, finishing last all the time. Just look at the last 3 that tried... HRT has already disapeared, caterham/lotus racing team has disapeared, marussia has more or less disapeared.... The standards are way too high. By the way, when those 3 new teams entered in 2009 or something like that, there was supposed to be USF1 team. They were all very enthousiastic and shit, but didn't even manage to finish building their car so they gave up when the season was starting.

I'd like to see a very good american driver though. It's kind of crazy that I've never seen one. I remember scott speed not too long ago, he totally sucked (he had a cool last name though lol). Or mario andretti in the early 90s... he sucked too.

https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/championship/results/2016-driver-standings.html

6 ROMAIN GROSJEAN FRA HAAS 8

Romain Grosjean’s sixth place ensured Haas became the first brand-new team to score points on their Grand Prix debut since Mika Salo finished sixth for Toyota in 2002. Haas are also the first American team to score points since the similarly named (but completely unaffiliated) Team Haas finished sixth with Alan Jones at Monza in 1986. Worth noting that Grosjean only finished in the top six once last season with Lotus…

Nice job by Haas =D>

Alonso is lucky to not be hurt or dead. what a crash that was

Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Electricksabers

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:03 am

It really was an exciting first race. Looks like we might see some more Mercedes domination.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:53 am

yeah that was an awesome result for haas!

although, they aren't really starting from scratch... what they have is a ferrari with a few dallara chassis parts. They aren't developping much, they aregoing to be kind of a "toro rosso for red bull" but for ferrari.

I'm obviously sporting Grosjean, but let's face it:

bright side:
-the car tuning hasn't been done yet... it still has a huge potential and the ingeneers and driver have a lot of data to process.
-the new qualifying system joke, and Grosjean should never have been eliminated in Q1. You basically have 1 hot lap with those tires, if you don't make it on that 1 lap you're out.
I expect the Haas to be fighting with the saubers... maybe up to the force indias and renault this season. I think that toro rosso is out of their reach though. This new qualifying system is such a shit move by the FIA that they might remove it and go back to the next system for the next race... all 10 teams are against it
-Haas has a very good budget. It's no Manor team.

darker side:
-this 6th place was totally undeserved, Grosjean got lucky as hell as the red flag due to Alonso's accident happened at the best timing possible... he basically managed to stop in boxes to change his tires just at that instant and lost no time in the process... he basically got new tires for free. 6th is probably the best result Haas will have this season.
-Gutierrez sucks. I've never seen him doing anything in F1.If you wanted a good mexican driver... Perez was the one.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:14 am

DoomYoshi wrote:It really was an exciting first race. Looks like we might see some more Mercedes domination.

I'm not that sure. Vettel got really unlucky with his strategy... he used super softs to make a gap on hamilton and bang... Alonso's accident and the red flag while Hamilton was on medium. That just ruined completely his race, he would've won otherwise.
Raikkonen was pretty competitive too, his car not that reliable... hope that's not something that will happen that often on ferraris this season.

Red bulls.... well I don't see them fighting for any title, they can just expect a few podiums, a victory or two eventually if they are lucky

williams seem to have toned down after their excellent 2015 season... we'll see

mclaren... well, they seem much better than last year, probably able to compete for small points, but on fast tracks their honda engine will remain the shittiest.

renault: they have pretty average drivers and didn't have much time to develop the car after their late purchase of the team lotus. I think they will be below haas

force india: i think they have 2 very good drivers, a great engine but the owner is on the run and in big financial difficulties, i bet this team will be bought before the end of the season
Major betiko

Postby Electricksabers on Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:34 am

yeah they definitely got lucky with the results. and they are basically a Ferrari junior team. Neither driver got to complete a pit stop in Australia.

Gutierrez is on the team because hes a Ferrari development driver. there are a bunch of better options, but hes there because of Ferrari.

Grosjean was a great choice. Solid reliable driver, who will bring home a good finish when the cards fall his way, but he will never been a top notch driver
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Electricksabers

Postby betiko on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:42 pm

shaneback wrote:yeah they definitely got lucky with the results. and they are basically a Ferrari junior team. Neither driver got to complete a pit stop in Australia.

Gutierrez is on the team because hes a Ferrari development driver. there are a bunch of better options, but hes there because of Ferrari.

Grosjean was a great choice. Solid reliable driver, who will bring home a good finish when the cards fall his way, but he will never been a top notch driver

I m just so pissed about what happened to Jules Bianchi. This guy really had talent, and he was a ferrari junior driver until his horrible accident happened. He should be driving a ferrari or at least a haas by now.

I saw alonso's car wreck from different angles today... The top of his seat is broken. Seriously you wonder where he could fit the legs.. You wonder how on earth did his helmet not hit the rail... Basically how on earth is he in one. Piece with not a scratch. It s just impressive to see what they ve accomplished in safety.
I saw a documentry film that was really good a couple of years ago, made by the movie director Roman Polansky when he was young and good friends with Jackie Steward. The year he was winning his second champioship title; it was during the monaco grand prix. He basically tells you about all the drivers that died in the 2-3 years before... You really had to have a deathwish.

They could ve put alexander rossi in the second haas, i m sure he would ve done as good as gutierrez.
Which sponsors did gutierrez bring to get a seat??

This is possibly raikkonen s last season and my bet is that ferrari promissed Grosjean to be second driver in 2017 if things go well with haas and he devs well the car.
The guy was so happy to anounce he was going to run for haas this season that I was really surprised. Haas being a new team with no guarantee of anything... And it seemed pretty clear that in a 2-3 week time lotus would be rebought by Renault... Although it wasn t very clear on how involved Renault would be... Still, the guy was so happy to anounce he had signed for Haas that it seemed like he had signed for ferari or red bull lol
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:45 pm

Mercedes has the weird wing in the back and Red Bull has the hole in the nose. Will be great to see them head-to-head in another month.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:43 pm

Yeah pretty excited about the new season and the car presentations. Just hope the mercedes will not dominate, and that we'll have at least 3 teams with good chances of winning on any given circuit.
Alonso says that his mclaren is the bomb, but the new team manager tells it sucks. They are back to orange, their original colour. What s it gonna be?
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:49 pm

betiko wrote:Yeah pretty excited about the new season and the car presentations. Just hope the mercedes will not dominate, and that we'll have at least 3 teams with good chances of winning on any given circuit.
Alonso says that his mclaren is the bomb, but the new team manager tells it sucks. They are back to orange, their original colour. What s it gonna be?

I heard this year's Honda engine is comparable to last year's Mercedes engine.

░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Electricksabers on Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:49 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
betiko wrote:Yeah pretty excited about the new season and the car presentations. Just hope the mercedes will not dominate, and that we'll have at least 3 teams with good chances of winning on any given circuit.

I heard this year's Honda engine is comparable to last year's Mercedes engine.

that would be quite a feat if they can do it. and I hope they do, would be nice to see them back on top.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Electricksabers

Postby Electricksabers on Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:52 pm

Click image to enlarge.

here is all the cars this year. i think i like the look of the lotus the most.

williams, merc, ferrari, red bull and force india look pretty similar to last year.

i think with the new wide tires we are going to see a ton of good starts this year.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Electricksabers

Postby betiko on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:01 am

Lotus... you mean renault?

I love the new williams.
Major betiko

Postby Electricksabers on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:12 pm

yeah thats what I meant. posting half asleep is a bad idea
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Electricksabers