Conquer Club

White and Jewish bullies target Arabic-speaking classmate

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: White and Jewish bullies target Arabic-speaking classmat

Postby Donelladan on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:49 pm

Was this what OP wanted to tell? ;)

The OP chose a provocative title to attract people.
But he didnt write a single line in the first post, he quoted an article. Seems to me you didnt read it.

You mean this part:

The school's student leader, Andrew Zink, who is in charge of the morning announcements, told US media that he knew the reading would attract controversy.

He permitted it to go forward, because he believed it was "the right thing to do".

No I didn't.

I meant this part :

Officials said the school's foreign language department organised for different pledge translations to be read in celebration of National Foreign Language Week.

So, you said

Conclusion: If you want to speak Arabic / Chinese / Jewish / Another language, do it in surrounding that wants to listen to you. Or get a f*ck out.

When the article explained that it was " celebration of National Foreign Language Week".

How could you be more out of the topic I wonder.
Sure, the topic isn't "celebration of National Foreign Language Week".

The topic is people ( white and jewish according to the OP) getting offensed by someone speaking an american patriotic oath in arab.
But you are/were saying they simply shall not speak any foreign language, while they were requested to speak a foreign language.!!!
Colonel Donelladan

Postby GoranZ on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:26 pm

Donelladan wrote:The OP chose a provocative title to attract people.

OP used chose offensive title to attract people, there is a difference.
What should those that are offended do as response? Open topics about Chinese atrocities in Tibet or Chinese atrocities in Uyghur?

Donelladan wrote:But he didnt write a single line in the first post, he quoted an article.

She, not he :)

Donelladan wrote:
You mean this part:

The school's student leader, Andrew Zink, who is in charge of the morning announcements, told US media that he knew the reading would attract controversy.

He permitted it to go forward, because he believed it was "the right thing to do".

No I didn't.

I meant this part :

Officials said the school's foreign language department organised for different pledge translations to be read in celebration of National Foreign Language Week.

So, you said

Conclusion: If you want to speak Arabic / Chinese / Jewish / Another language, do it in surrounding that wants to listen to you. Or get a f*ck out.

When the article explained that it was " celebration of National Foreign Language Week".

How could you be more out of the topic I wonder.
Sure, the topic isn't "celebration of National Foreign Language Week".

Out of so many languages in the world someone chose Arabic in one of 5 working days... Was that deliberate?

Donelladan wrote:The topic is people ( white and jewish according to the OP) getting offensed by someone speaking an american patriotic oath in arab.
But you are/were saying they simply shall not speak any foreign language, while they were requested to speak a foreign language.!!!

No read again... I said "speak language that surrounding wants to listen to"... clearly Arabic isn't.
Adding salt to open wound certainly won't help.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Donelladan on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:46 pm

Out of so many languages in the world someone chose Arabic in one of 5 working days... Was that deliberate?

I am 99% sure the kid chose arabic because he speak arabic.

What open wounds do american have? Has an arab guy made an attentat on US soil recently?

No read again... I said "speak language that surrounding wants to listen to"... clearly Arabic isn't.

You were wrong, you may not want recognize that you were, but you definitely were saying so. They were celebrating foreign languages, all of them. They were right to speak arabic.
Plus, being offensed because this allegiance stuff was spoken in arabic is being a total dumbass. Are you defending the right of people to be stupid and intolerant? Good way to move forward to a peaceful world.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby GoranZ on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:35 pm

Donelladan wrote:

I am 99% sure the kid chose arabic because he speak arabic.

The kid is not a problem, it never was. The one that chose him is another matter...

Donelladan wrote:What open wounds do american have? Has an arab guy made an attentat on US soil recently?

9/11 is enough...

Donelladan wrote:

You were wrong, you may not want recognize that you were, but you definitely were saying so. They were celebrating foreign languages, all of them. They were right to speak arabic.
Plus, being offensed because this allegiance stuff was spoken in arabic is being a total dumbass. Are you defending the right of people to be stupid and intolerant? Good way to move forward to a peaceful world.

Wast majority of Muslim countries literally forbid other religions/languages... whats the point of their religion/language to be accepted by others.
For tango you need two. Both West and Far East more or less made the first step, now it is up to Muslim/Arab countries.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Donelladan on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:55 pm

Wast majority of Muslim countries literally forbid other religions/languages... whats the point of their religion/language to be accepted by others.

With this kind of mentality progress is impossible. Hopefully that's not how "western societies" and governement work.
Plus affirming that the "vast majority" of muslim country literraly forbid other religions looks a bit fast to me. The biggest muslim country in the world for example, Indonesia, has many languages and many religions. I wont bother checking because anyway it doesn't matter that much to me, but I think there are more "muslim country" that tolerate other religions that those that forbid it.

But doesn't matter. People being offensed in the article still have a stupid reaction.

The kid is not a problem, it never was. The one that chose him is another matter...

You are making assumption, assumption that we can't check. Might also be that they were only 5 differents people having another mother tongue that english. I don't know for your country, but in mine, we didn't have 5 people having another mother tongue that the one of our country. It make totally sense that when you are celebrating foreign language,that you actually ask the kid that have foreign origin to speak up.

Anyway the problem isn't a boy speaking arabic during week of the celebration of foreign languages. The problem is people getting offended by it. Good that they have the opportunity to discuss it, Very sad that the school decide to impose english as a reaction.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby GoranZ on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:07 pm

Donelladan wrote:

With this kind of mentality progress is impossible. Hopefully that's not how "western societies" and governement work.
Plus affirming that the "vast majority" of muslim country literraly forbid other religions looks a bit fast to me. The biggest muslim country in the world for example, Indonesia, has many languages and many religions. I wont bother checking because anyway it doesn't matter that much to me, but I think there are more "muslim country" that tolerate other religions that those that forbid it.

I said vast majority, not all. But there are handful of others that literally use oppression on their nonmuslim population.

Donelladan wrote:

You are making assumption, assumption that we can't check. Might also be that they were only 5 differents people having another mother tongue that english. I don't know for your country, but in mine, we didn't have 5 people having another mother tongue that the one of our country. It make totally sense that when you are celebrating foreign language,that you actually ask the kid that have foreign origin to speak up.

Anyway the problem isn't a boy speaking arabic during week of the celebration of foreign languages. The problem is people getting offended by it. Good that they have the opportunity to discuss it, Very sad that the school decide to impose english as a reaction.

IDK about Germany but in US Arabs with Muslim faith represent 0.27% of the population. According to that if the school has 2000 students only 5-6 would be Arabic speaking. As a contrast Russians in US represent 1% of the population...

I guess the real question is why Arabic is insulting for good part of American society ;)

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby / on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:11 pm

GoranZ wrote:Out of so many languages in the world someone chose Arabic in one of 5 working days... Was that deliberate?

Yeah, it probably was deliberate. You know, Arabic is one of the top five most spoken languages in the world, and one of the six official languages of the United Nations; which is also in New York. So, yeah, it's crazy, but it might actually be useful to speak, or at least permit one of the main languages people communicate with in one of the main centers of global trade and diplomacy.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby GoranZ on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:13 pm

/ wrote:
GoranZ wrote:Out of so many languages in the world someone chose Arabic in one of 5 working days... Was that deliberate?

Yeah, it probably was deliberate. You know, Arabic is one of the top five most spoken languages in the world, and one of the six official languages of the United Nations; which is also in New York. So, yeah, it's crazy, but it might actually be useful to speak, or at least permit one of the main languages people communicate with in one of the main centers of global trade and diplomacy.

According to the latest data I can find about foreign languages in New York city, Arabic is spoken by only 0.66% of the population, making it only 13-th language by rating. So in reality someone made deliberate "mistake" in order to label US society as racist one, same as the OP. On a level of New York state, Arabic is at 0.42% making it only 14-th by rating.
source: http://www.mla.org/map_data_results&sta ... 00&cty_id=
Pine Bush, New York has 100% English speakers for 2000 census.

Conclusion: Arabic language by no means shouldn't have been spoken in that school for those 5 working days since it doesn't represent significant language community in New York. Reaction by those white students is well justified and labeling them as bullies does require apology.

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby mrswdk on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:13 pm

According to Wikipedia, Macdeonia (which has a smaller population than Brooklyn) has one main language (Macedonian), six official minority languages (Albanian, Aromanian, Bosnian, Romani, Serbian and Turkish) and there is also extensive knowledge of Serbo-Croation, English, Russian and French.

GoranZ at home:

GoranZ on CC:

Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby GoranZ on Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:19 pm

mrswdk wrote:According to Wikipedia, Macdeonia (which has a smaller population than Brooklyn) has one main language (Macedonian), six official minority languages (Albanian, Aromanian, Bosnian, Romani, Serbian and Turkish) and there is also extensive knowledge of Serbo-Croation, English, Russian and French.

From those that you mentioned I know English and Serbo-Croatian(its the same as Bosnian or Serbian), whats wrong at knowing more languages?

mrswdk wrote:GoranZ at home:

:lol: You made me lough with this one. Just for your info, gay people are not recognized in my country, and it will stay that way for very long time ;)
But if you like them so much you can protest in Tiananmen Square.

mrswdk wrote:GoranZ on CC:

Huh, knowing enemies language is an advantage, but how can you know that, you expect everyone to know Chinese :D

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby mrswdk on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:05 pm

GoranZ wrote:From those that you mentioned I know English and Serbo-Croatian(its the same as Bosnian or Serbian), whats wrong at knowing more languages?

So there's nothing wrong with knowing more languages, people just shouldn't speak them ever?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:17 pm

Army of GOD wrote:nationalism is a terrible thing.

Well, maybe, but the USA really is better than most other countries. #1? Probably not. But still pretty respectable.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby mrswdk on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:27 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:

Well, maybe, but the USA really is better than most other countries. #1? Probably not. But still pretty respectable.

Um, nah.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:28 pm

mrswdk wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Um, nah.

Are you prepared to name the more than 50% of world countries that are better than the USA?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby mrswdk on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:43 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
mrswdk wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Um, nah.

Are you prepared to name the more than 50% of world countries that are better than the USA?

Why do I have to name that many?

If I had to live in a Western country, the USA would probably be at the bottom of my list. Just not for me.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,