Conquer Club

Have you ever bullied anyone? Have you been bullied?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Have you ever bullied anyone? Have you been bullied?

Postby rockfist on Wed May 06, 2015 1:08 pm

I don't know who has used PEDs and who hasn't, but I can sometimes tell who is using PEDs when I see them over a few months in a weight room.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby betiko on Wed May 06, 2015 1:13 pm

waauw wrote:High school, especially the early years, was horrible. I used to get bullied a lot between the ages of 12-15. Mostly psychological of course, though there was the occasional 'push and trip him to the floor' or 'punch him hard on the shoulder' to say hello kind of thing. Many times I spent my lunch breaks in the toilets hiding or obeying other kids semi-slavelike. I was spindly, despite that I did practice sports(football/soccer doesn't exactly train upper body strength) and mostly I was too socially inept.

At the time I regrettably sympathized with the american high school shooting dramas and I used to carry around a knife all the time. Not that I ever used it, but the thought of some day taking revenge was reassuring. The only times I really resisted my bullies was when I lost control. I had an implosive personality, always not resisting all their crap, until it all converged out into a singular moment.

Fortunately nowadays, things have moved on and I am not as frustrated and angry as I used to be.

wow your shit got pretty serious dude...
I've never witnessed such hard core bullying were a guy would hide in the toilet to avoid everybody... Honestly, that is a real bad reaction, makes you more of a target.
And the knife thing is pretty fucked up... imagine you ever got in a situation where you'd feel like using it... But you don't really think through when you're a teen.
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Wed May 06, 2015 1:29 pm

betiko wrote:
waauw wrote:High school, especially the early years, was horrible. I used to get bullied a lot between the ages of 12-15. Mostly psychological of course, though there was the occasional 'push and trip him to the floor' or 'punch him hard on the shoulder' to say hello kind of thing. Many times I spent my lunch breaks in the toilets hiding or obeying other kids semi-slavelike. I was spindly, despite that I did practice sports(football/soccer doesn't exactly train upper body strength) and mostly I was too socially inept.

At the time I regrettably sympathized with the american high school shooting dramas and I used to carry around a knife all the time. Not that I ever used it, but the thought of some day taking revenge was reassuring. The only times I really resisted my bullies was when I lost control. I had an implosive personality, always not resisting all their crap, until it all converged out into a singular moment.

Fortunately nowadays, things have moved on and I am not as frustrated and angry as I used to be.

wow your shit got pretty serious dude...
I've never witnessed such hard core bullying were a guy would hide in the toilet to avoid everybody... Honestly, that is a real bad reaction, makes you more of a target.
And the knife thing is pretty fucked up... imagine you ever got in a situation where you'd feel like using it... But you don't really think through when you're a teen.

I went to school with guys that carried knives, a couple that had a gun on them a couple of times, and a guy that sat next to me in class that once brought an arsenal, behind the sit of his narco looking truck; he was yelled at by a group of cholos of the highschool next to ours when he was driving back home, next day he brought the guns, drove to the other school, pulled over, got off in the middle of the group of cholos, showed them the guns and told them to f*ck off or die.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed May 06, 2015 2:35 pm

When I was younger, before school started we youngin's would play a game sort of like rugby -- so lots of knockdowns and smashes and the like. It was usually one grade vs another grade. I remember one of my friends got smeared by an older kid and broke his collarbone. While the kid was laughing, I ran up to him, ducked under a punch and kicked him as hard as I could in crotch with my shin. He fell to the ground. It was great.

I am not sure who the bully was in this case, but it was great.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Serbia on Wed May 06, 2015 2:55 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:When I was younger, before school started we youngin's would play a game sort of like rugby -- so lots of knockdowns and smashes and the like. It was usually one grade vs another grade. I remember one of my friends got smeared by an older kid and broke his collarbone. While the kid was laughing, I ran up to him, ducked under a punch and kicked him as hard as I could in crotch with my shin. He fell to the ground. It was great.

I am not sure who the bully was in this case, but it was great.

--Andy

I'm guessing this took place in 1956. amirite?

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed May 06, 2015 3:04 pm

It looked something like this:

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Serbia on Wed May 06, 2015 3:27 pm

That is exactly what I pictured.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby warmonger1981 on Wed May 06, 2015 9:24 pm

I'm an inner city kid. Moved to a the country/farming area when I was 15. From the start I was known as a wigger for the way I dressed. It was within 1 month I was getting into fights at school. I ended up getting kicked outta school in 9th grade. Went to ALC for the rest of my high schooling. It was such a small town I could get away from it. Been jumped before by people who tried to jump me 2 years earlier. I was outnumbered and pulled a knife on them. They left me alone that time but they were looking for me so everyday I brought a small hatchet to school in my book bag. I been bullied alot but always fought back. I don't take shit and I don't give shit. Always tested but never backed down. I've probably been in 25 fights, been arrested 7-8 times.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby rockfist on Wed May 06, 2015 11:46 pm

Wow some of you had it much worse than I did.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby khazalid on Thu May 07, 2015 12:36 am

rockfist wrote:
khazalid wrote:
rockfist wrote:I'm an amateur bodybuilder. 80% of us have been bullied. 80% of us have bullied someone at some time or another because you become that what you hated.

that's awfully candid for a whey chomper

Its the truth, ugly though it might be. I would never have admitted it 15 years ago before I escaped the worst parts of the life. But now I am just a guy who trains, has a family, and plays CC too much.

I've never heard the term "whey chomper" is that something used in Scotland, or in Europe?

nah, i just pulled it out of my ass. i'm still impressed at your objectivity
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby khazalid on Thu May 07, 2015 12:40 am

mrswdk wrote:It's relatively common for bullying in Chinese schools to take the form of a gang of girls forcing another girl to strip off while they take photos.

This is just in weird rural and small town regions though (e.g. where khazalid lives). You don't get that sort of behavior in first tier cities.

never heard of anything like it.

troll forest is not really the place to verbalise your fantasies
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby mrswdk on Thu May 07, 2015 1:34 am

khazalid wrote:
mrswdk wrote:It's relatively common for bullying in Chinese schools to take the form of a gang of girls forcing another girl to strip off while they take photos.

This is just in weird rural and small town regions though (e.g. where khazalid lives). You don't get that sort of behavior in first tier cities.

never heard of anything like it.

troll forest is not really the place to verbalise your fantasies

Obviously most of the links with videos are likely to fall foul of the Great Firewall of CC, but I'm talking about this sort of thing:

http://video.ahwang.cn/boke/2012/0512/1145915.shtml

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/loca ... l-made.htm
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby RiskTycoon on Thu May 07, 2015 3:44 pm

I got the crap kicked out of me all the time! I grew up poor in an otherwise affluent small town.

Little fat kid without all the cool latest stuff and clothes. Plus i was a little out there... One day I snapped and did some serious damage to
this older fellow at school who thought it would be funny to make fun of me for painting miniatures and playing AD&D! I was just an angry child :oops:

Now that I look back .. maybe he was right :lol:
"How do you like that? Even among misfits you're a misfit!"
Major RiskTycoon

Postby rockfist on Thu May 07, 2015 4:17 pm

khazalid wrote:
rockfist wrote:
khazalid wrote:
rockfist wrote:I'm an amateur bodybuilder. 80% of us have been bullied. 80% of us have bullied someone at some time or another because you become that what you hated.

that's awfully candid for a whey chomper

Its the truth, ugly though it might be. I would never have admitted it 15 years ago before I escaped the worst parts of the life. But now I am just a guy who trains, has a family, and plays CC too much.

I've never heard the term "whey chomper" is that something used in Scotland, or in Europe?

nah, i just pulled it out of my ass. i'm still impressed at your objectivity

Thanks Khazalid. I'm roughly middle aged so if I can caution someone away from some of the mistakes I made I feel I like I can make a positive contribution. It may be vainglorious to assume someone will take my advice over the internet, but none-the-less I can try.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby nietzsche on Thu May 07, 2015 4:43 pm

RiskTycoon wrote:I got the crap kicked out of me all the time! I grew up poor in an otherwise affluent small town.

Little fat kid without all the cool latest stuff and clothes. Plus i was a little out there... One day I snapped and did some serious damage to
this older fellow at school who thought it would be funny to make fun of me for painting miniatures and playing AD&D! I was just an angry child :oops:

see, this is the kind of bullying i dont understand. I dont think i ever whitnessed that here in Mex. of course a kid could make a remarke when they dont understand, but as boys, I dont remember ever someone being bullied for being poor, and I dont think I would be friends with anyone who would do that. I was on private primary school, then public secondary and highschool and private university, so I cant now for sure, maybe it happened in private highschools.
General nietzsche

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu May 07, 2015 5:04 pm

I'm a badass, so no, I was never bullied. And true badasses don't bully, either.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby betiko on Thu May 07, 2015 6:07 pm

ok so looks like people are not talking about the more shamefull stuff... the bullying!

I don't think I was a real bully but from time to time I did enjoy to play around with weaker guys. Like I said before... it was kind of a tradition to be bullied by 7th graders when you enter 6th grade... and then it was kind of a tradition to be a bully towards 6th graders when you were in 7th grade.
I remember this younger guy who was waiting in line for lunch. Some school DC woman called him by his last name, which basically meant "two years" in french so I just started with a friend to repeat his name to bother him. I was quite surprised to see him cry in tears. So any time I would cross him in recess, I would just repeat any word with a friend and each time he would cry in tears. The game was basically to use any meaningless word and see if we could make him cry. Just repeating something like "tennis" or "gold fish" would do the job... Very stupid I know, but some 12yo stupid game I had. Basically when you bully someone I guess you do it for the fun of the odd reaction of the bullied. I've never been further than these kind of shit bullying, but I guess some meaner kids can make things escalate... Well I was kind of escalating the thing throughout the year trying to use each time a more harmless word to see if it could work too... I don't know the year before we used to be bullied with some pretty bad insults and sex stuff you don't even understand when you're 11... so I guess calling someone goldfish isn't that bad.
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Thu May 07, 2015 6:26 pm

I would give betiko wedgies if i ever encountered him in school.
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Thu May 07, 2015 6:36 pm

nietzsche wrote:I would give betiko wedgies if i ever encountered him in school.

I would've given you headslaps cause you were already losing hair.

Major betiko

Postby waauw on Thu May 07, 2015 7:11 pm

betiko wrote:I remember this younger guy who was waiting in line for lunch. Some school DC woman called him by his last name, which basically meant "two years" in french so I just started with a friend to repeat his name to bother him. I was quite surprised to see him cry in tears.

the kid must've gotten bullied by others.

betiko wrote:wow your shit got pretty serious dude...

Meh the toilet thing wasn't purely because of the bullying to be honest. I come from a somewhat unusual household. My mother used to get sent to the psychiatric ward every single year, under force by the police and a court-order. My sister went through the confidence teacher's therapy because of the whole experience, and I guess I was somewhat vulnerable and troubled at the time as well.
I don't think the bullying was all that bad in retrospect, could have been much worse. But a combined effect of several negative factors does create a whirlstorm of anxieties. It would not surprise me if the kid you were namecalling had might have had domestic troubles too.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Thu May 07, 2015 7:57 pm

waauw wrote:
betiko wrote:I remember this younger guy who was waiting in line for lunch. Some school DC woman called him by his last name, which basically meant "two years" in french so I just started with a friend to repeat his name to bother him. I was quite surprised to see him cry in tears.

the kid must've gotten bullied by others.

betiko wrote:wow your shit got pretty serious dude...

Meh the toilet thing wasn't purely because of the bullying to be honest. I come from a somewhat unusual household. My mother used to get sent to the psychiatric ward every single year, under force by the police and a court-order. My sister went through the confidence teacher's therapy because of the whole experience, and I guess I was somewhat vulnerable and troubled at the time as well.
I don't think the bullying was all that bad in retrospect, could have been much worse. But a combined effect of several negative factors does create a whirlstorm of anxieties. It would not surprise me if the kid you were namecalling had might have had domestic troubles too.

No, I don't think so. he looked like the typical kid well dressed that might have been over protected by his mum and wasn't ready for the world. Just unable to respond... I don't know, like you could see some 6 years old react only that he was 11. And he wasn't lonely he was playing along with guys from his class. I don't know, he didn't look like a guy with home problems.
Major betiko

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu May 07, 2015 9:19 pm

School life, never really bullied, nor was it as big a problem as it looks to be in many other places. Different people did their own thing, and were left to it. No one really felt the need to go after someone else just to be a bully.

Well, mine goes back to when I was in elementary school. It didn't happen in school, but just at that age. My great grandpa (who died just a bit before I joined CC) had a younger cousin who was not a nice person. Particularly to a certain grade school boy. I've more or less moved on, and the memory (since it was so long ago) is pretty faded, but let's just say he may be the reason why I do not particularly like drug addicts/dealers. He bullied me, as well as stole from his own cousin (my great-grandpa), even though my grandpa was about the only person who was still nice to him (he had driven away everyone else). When I got to junior high, he was arrested for making and selling meth. Quite possibly using as well. A few years ago, I had the chance to meet a couple of his kids (whom he basically abandoned at some point and I had no idea existed until just shortly before meeting them), and they are pretty nice people. When he went to prison, I was relieved. I would not have to deal with him anymore. A few years back, he got out of prison, but died shortly after of possibly a stroke. I know people shouldn't feel good about a person dying, but I honestly felt relieved. Relieved that I would no longer have fear him, even though by then he was probably in his late 70s early 80s and I most likely bigger than him. But being picked on as a small child every time you encountered that person will do that to you.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby RiskTycoon on Fri May 08, 2015 4:07 am

nietzsche wrote:
RiskTycoon wrote:I got the crap kicked out of me all the time! I grew up poor in an otherwise affluent small town.

see, this is the kind of bullying i dont understand. I dont think i ever whitnessed that here in Mex. of course a kid could make a remarke when they dont understand, but as boys, I dont remember ever someone being bullied for being poor, and I dont think I would be friends with anyone who would do that. I was on private primary school, then public secondary and highschool and private university, so I cant now for sure, maybe it happened in private highschools.

Majority of those kids lived a very sheltered life... So much so that from my past experiences I always felt I knew more about the real world
and what it is like to survive in it. After I snapped on that kid they started to leave me alone more. Out of fear mostly, I think.

Take this even one step further. I'll admit it. I was so disgusted with myself for being fat and not fitting in I tried to commit suicide. Ended up in a group home
and everything. I'm not embarrassed by it. I was 14..... Lonely, hurt, confused and very angry. At one point you just get tired of living the nightmare and
you go for it. For me, I got lucky and woke up......not just in the hospital the next day, But to the demons I needed to deal with.

TMI? lol nah. sometimes it needs to be talked about.
"How do you like that? Even among misfits you're a misfit!"
Major RiskTycoon

Postby rockfist on Fri May 08, 2015 8:29 am

I basically implied I was a bully. I could tell many stories of being a 225+ pounds of PED fuled over testosteroned, drunken bully of grown men, but just picture a total gym douchebag bodybuilder dickhead - and it'll do it for you. I'd also point out that I rolled with a crowd that included others like me and even bigger than me.

I'll give one, this happened three times, not all exactly the same but here is the general theme:

The biggest dude in our group picked on me all the time because I could out squat him, which I threw in his face daily. We were friends I was under no real threat of serious injury (except we thought we were all indestructible so sometimes he'd do things like jump on my weight stack while I was lifting calves, which obviously could've hurt me severely).

Sometimes when we were waiting in line for bars he used to bet people that he could pick me up by the neck with one hand (and he could and yes it hurt but physical pain didn't matter much then). That invariably lead to some type of bullying (usually by me) because some 170 pound drunk dude would start mouthing off to me about how he would never take that from anyone. My buddy was 290 and about 14-15% bodyfat. I was 235-ish at that time. One of our other buddies would usually pipe in that most people would choke out or have their head pop off being lifted like that - so no you wouldn't "take that." And it'd go from there.

Funny how when I stopped drinking these type of activities fell dramatically. And when I stopped PEDs they went to zero.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby betiko on Fri May 08, 2015 8:31 am

well it's a good thing to see people speak openly about their teenage wounds, those are complicated years. Unfortunately some teens don't realise that' it's not going to last and some commit irreversible stuff.
It's probably a very difficult thing to be the parent of a bunch of teens, I hope that when it happens to me they won't be too much of a pain in the ass to deal with.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,