Conquer Club

Paodo's slave camps rebuilt

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should the rape camps be rebuilt?

Total votes : 0

Paodo's slave camps rebuilt

Postby Symmetry on Sat May 02, 2015 4:59 pm

n
“I thought it should be made more realistic about what it was like then,” Rubenstein said, adding that Jefferson was a model American leader but also a slaveholder. “We should learn the good and the bad of American history.”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/02/thomas-jefferson-monticello-slaves-quarters

I have mixed feelings about this. The slave labour camps I visited in Europe when I was at school still hang heavy. Removing some of the whit=wash seems like a good thing.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: Paodo's slave camps rebuilt

Postby warmonger1981 on Sun May 03, 2015 10:48 am

Slavery is so 90's. Back to police brutality.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby mrswdk on Sun May 03, 2015 10:49 am

Symmetry wrote:n
“I thought it should be made more realistic about what it was like then,” Rubenstein said, adding that Jefferson was a model American leader but also a slaveholder. “We should learn the good and the bad of American history.”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/02/thomas-jefferson-monticello-slaves-quarters

I have mixed feelings about this. The slave labour camps I visited in Europe when I was at school still hang heavy. Removing some of the whit=wash seems like a good thing.

Why do you have mixed feelings then?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby riskllama on Sun May 03, 2015 3:18 pm

who's hotter, symm? matt dillon or jon hamm?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Symmetry on Sun May 03, 2015 4:23 pm

mrswdk wrote:
Symmetry wrote:n

Why do you have mixed feelings then?
I

Who wouldn't have mixed feelings at the reconstruction of a slave labour camp?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Sun May 03, 2015 4:25 pm

matt dillon & jon hamm, that's who.
8-)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby riskllama on Sun May 03, 2015 4:33 pm

seriously though, i think it's always a good idea to be reminded of one's past. no matter how shitty it might have been...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Symmetry on Sun May 03, 2015 4:43 pm

riskllama wrote:seriously though, i think it's always a good idea to be reminded of one's past. no matter how shitty it might have been...

Aye, hence the mixed feelings. It's tough to remember the brutality when the man is glorified.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby notyou2 on Mon May 04, 2015 1:34 pm

Maybe he was a kind slave owner. You do realize that he was employed by YOUR government.
Captain notyou2

Postby mrswdk on Mon May 04, 2015 7:58 pm

notyou2 wrote:Maybe he was a kind slave owner. You do realize that he was employed by YOUR government.

Symmetry's government was elected in 2010 ;)
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby riskllama on Mon May 04, 2015 8:28 pm

ha. kind enough to bang the help... :lol:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon May 04, 2015 9:26 pm

Yeah, there's a neat function on this site where you click a users name, you can see what country they are posting from.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby Symmetry on Tue May 05, 2015 5:56 am

mrswdk wrote:
notyou2 wrote:Maybe he was a kind slave owner. You do realize that he was employed by YOUR government.

Symmetry's government was elected in 2010 ;)

Huh.The conservatives weren't elected by my government.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby notyou2 on Tue May 05, 2015 8:57 am

Not only was he employed by the British government, he habitually abused his postal authority and became a typical British government employee taking advantage of his position. This is clearly far worse than being a slave owner, which was perfectly legal at the time.

http://postalmuseum.si.edu/outofthemails/franklin.html

We revere him in Canada too

http://o.canada.com/news/national/benjamin-franklin-featured-on-canada-posts-250th-anniversary-stamp
Captain notyou2

Postby Symmetry on Tue May 05, 2015 9:08 am

notyou2 wrote:Not only was he employed by the British government, he habitually abused his postal authority and became a typical British government employee taking advantage of his position. This is clearly far worse than being a slave owner, which was perfectly legal at the time.

http://o.canada.com/news/national/benjamin-franklin-featured-on-canada-posts-250th-anniversary-stamp

Wasn't the first president employed by the British government?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Tue May 05, 2015 9:55 am

notyou2 wrote:Not only was he employed by the British government, he habitually abused his postal authority and became a typical British government employee taking advantage of his position. This is clearly far worse than being a slave owner, which was perfectly legal at the time.

Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson were two different people.

Benjamin Franklin was the founder of the "Pennsylvania Society for Promoting the Abolition of Slavery, and for the Relief of Free Negroes Unlawfully Held in Bondage, and for Improving the Condition of the African Race" (P.S.P.A.S.R.F.N.U.H.B.I.C.A.R. for short; pronounced "Substitutiarylocomotion") which, according to its website, financed the 2014 exhibit "Slavery at Jefferson's Monticello."
I STAND WITH THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue May 05, 2015 10:42 am

Silly Canadians, confusing Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson.
Are you Dudley Do-Right?
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby saxitoxin on Wed May 06, 2015 1:04 am

I've started a list of potentially offensive statues in Washington.

THOMAS JEFFERSON
- slave sexer

COUNT OF ROCHAMBEAU
- French

GEORGE MEADE
- on closer inspection, appears to be a sculpture of a massive orgy involving a number of muscular young men of uncertain age
I STAND WITH THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby mrswdk on Wed May 06, 2015 1:32 am

Inappropriate statues - the world tour.

Dr. Oppenheimer, Los Alamos

The man who made the atomic bomb possible, leading to the flattening of two Japanese cities and the threat of nuclear apocalypse which shrouded much of the latter half of the 20th century.

Arthur Harris, London

A statue in honor of Arthur 'Bomber' Harris erected on the Strand, London. Harris was responsible for carrying out the British WW2 bombing policy of indiscriminate bombing of civilians, including the infamous carpet bombing of Dresden.

Gavrilo Princip, Sarajevo

A statue erected in Bosnia-Herzegovina to commemorate the man who assasinated Franz Ferdinand and kick started one of the deadliest conflicts in human history.

Yasukuni Shrin, Tokyo

Rather than a mere statue, this is an entire temple complex honoring Japanese who died in conflict, including more than a dozen convicted Grade A war criminals who committed crimes against humanity in China and other Asian countries during WW2.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,